• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bekah

Bekah's Step Seven: Aren't Princesses supposed to DO something????

Ok kids, the challenge is very over. my vacation was loads of fun snorkeling with fish and taking bubble baths in a garden tub. J bought a kayak, we moved my stuff from the apt into the house, The girl has a bedroom thats 99% ready (the closet and built in wall shelf need to be emptied) and I settled on the tossed salad green wall paint, put a sample on the wall, he hates it! O.o Mr."I-dont-care-what-colors-you-use" hates the final color I choose! BUT, he got the girl's room done, so I have to be nice for at least 72 hours! LOL!

Let's see, my challenge goals were:

breathing/meditation/yoga(ish): meh, 50% might be generous

cleaning/organizing/decorating: killed this at the finish, but was rather steady all along, which counts more in my book. So huge WIN!!! 85%

reading/quiet time: I really got better at this over the course of the challenge :D 75%

Ambassador/Scouts: I only managed this about 30% of the time :(

• Like 2

That sounds like a wonderful holiday. So glad to hear that there's been progress on the house! Congratulations on completing the challenge!!!

Happy_Sun_by_thejenty.png

• Like 1

Thinking about the upcoming challenge...

I know what I want to do, but not sure how to structure the goals/grading etc. 

I did several challenges with no grading, and It makes me happy to not grade, but also makes me not feel like its as serious of an effort too. So I am going to grade again, how? dont know yet. 

So in keeping with my "doing what I enjoy" theme...

My things that I enjoy (from post 1 of this challenge)

1. Yoga (but I have realized that in order to "do" yoga, I need the perfect surrounding space...which makes me not "do" it.)
2. Reading 
3. Cleaning and organizing and decorating my house (but I can't get the process started on my own...stupid Executive Functioning!!! grrrr! so I never actually do it either)
4. Climbing, jumping, running, generally acting like a child outdoors (I don't ever do this either, because I'm afraid of hurting myself mostly, and trying to get someone to do it with me is like pulling teeth around here and I don't like going alone, so I dont do this either) 
5. the beach 
6. Quiet (which is more of a need than a want, but I have teenagers, so you can imagine how much I get of it)
7. Cold weather (and I live in Florida...grrrrr) 
8. Not having to worry about money (hahahahahahaha like this EVER happens  :( ) 
9. Helping people
10. Games (video, computer, board games etc.) 
11. Making things colorful (decorating them, coloring them, crafts...whatever, I love looking around me and seeing lots of color)
12. Learning new things (which I am not sure why I shy away from this so much...fear of failure is the only thing I can guess, because I really love learning in general)

Sooooo....with those things in mind. I am going to tackle many of them this challenge. 

Goal 1: Practice at least ONE video from MyYogaPro every day (the videos vary in length and can be as little as one pose length, so doing one per day is not difficult, but it will get me started back on my "doing yoga" path) 

Goal 2: Do the
Mutant Money Makeover PvE to tackle the dreaded money problems. Bonus: I had already set up a meeting with a Dave Ramsey Certified Financial Planner and our meeting is July 9th...so that will make me stick with this even more (I hope) 

Goal 3: Biggest Loser 3.0 (on Facebook...everyone is welcome to join if they want, just let me or Jenn know, and we can hook you up :D ) which will involve changing my food and exercise too. 

Goal 4: More Organizing/Decorating/Cleaning a la
Flylady :) 

Feel free to offer any thoughts, advice, criticism, improvements etc. because this is about all I have mentally in terms of how I want to proceed, so I need some help with the structure. 

• Like 1

1) you will never have the "perfect place"... there is always something that you will find that will come up that's crappy... so... if it's too loud? a fan? white noise? close the window/door? too hot? a fan? figure out what the problem is and address it...

3) I don't know what you mean by "Executive Functioning" although... just follow fly lady and do it... just pick one thing to do and do it!!!

4) I will keep that in mind ;)

5) you live in FLA... GO

6) get up before them... or stay up later... do something to get yourself half an hour...

8) I will keep THAT in mind too ;)

12) that too :)

goal 1: you can do anything for 15 minutes

goal 2: LET'S DO THIS!!

goal 3: hit me up... https://www.facebook.com/groups/282001055293552/ ... we are starting again on 15 june.... LET'S DO THIS!!

goal 4: see goal 1 :)

• Like 1

1) you will never have the "perfect place"... there is always something that you will find that will come up that's crappy... so... if it's too loud? a fan? white noise? close the window/door? too hot? a fan? figure out what the problem is and address it...

3) I don't know what you mean by "Executive Functioning" although... just follow fly lady and do it... just pick one thing to do and do it!!!

4) I will keep that in mind ;)

5) you live in FLA... GO

6) get up before them... or stay up later... do something to get yourself half an hour...

8) I will keep THAT in mind too ;)

12) that too :)

goal 1: you can do anything for 15 minutes

goal 2: LET'S DO THIS!!

goal 3: hit me up... https://www.facebook.com/groups/282001055293552/ ... we are starting again on 15 june.... LET'S DO THIS!!

goal 4: see goal 1 :)

Executive function allows us to:

• Make plans
  • Keep track of time and finish work on time
  • Keep track of more than one thing at once
  • Meaningfully include past knowledge in discussions
  • Evaluate ideas and reflect on our work
  • Change our minds and make mid-course corrections while thinking, reading andwriting
  • Ask for help or seek more information when we need it
  • Engage in group dynamics
  • Wait to speak until we’re called on

Mmm hot weather. Let's trade locations for the next challenge! hahaha

hell yes :) You should have hit me up this last challenge, I paid for an empty apartment for 3 months thats only about 5 miles from one of the best beaches in the country. 

• Like 1

3. Cleaning and organizing and decorating my house (but I can't get the process started on my own...stupid Executive Functioning!!! grrrr! so I never actually do it either)

Executive function allows us to:

• Make plans
  • Keep track of time and finish work on time
  • Keep track of more than one thing at once
  • Meaningfully include past knowledge in discussions
  • Evaluate ideas and reflect on our work
  • Change our minds and make mid-course corrections while thinking, reading andwriting
  • Ask for help or seek more information when we need it
  • Engage in group dynamics
  • Wait to speak until we’re called on

maybe I am just being exceptionally dense... I don't understand how this means you can't start things on your own...  and why you don't get cleaning/decorating done... flylady is the bomb diggity be awesome where this is concerned... if you just do it for 15 minutes... with the decorating I could see that other people want it decorated a certain way... but with cleaning if they want it a certain way they can do it their own damn self!!!

I has dyslexia too... although with enough practice and proofreading and whatnot I have gotten to where I can make myself understood (especially in written communication :P )

It means that basically, I cant figure out what to do on my own, if I dont do flylady exactly how she writes it...but how she writes it gets overwhelming even, because I cant follow through easily (some of this is doable, just exceptionally hard) so I have a lot of start, get overwhelmed by the amount of shit, stop....but without someone else (like Flylady) laying out exactly what to do and how, I wont do anything at all. I walk around my house all day going "I need to do something" and just get stressed and overwhelmed because I dont know where to start (if I don't see how to connect what Flylady says to my own house and my crap) and do nothing. 

After having spent a decade attempting to work with Flylady's system, I have been able to make small adaptations to her stuff to fit my life, but of course, every time I move, or we rearrange the house or something changes, I am back to square one having to figure it all out again...and it takes forever to get started again. I procrastinate on it because its confusing and overwhelming, and so my house is a disaster. 

For instance, her "Weekly Home Blessing" is supposed to be on Monday, right? Well, if I don't do it exactly how she writes it, on a Monday, then I don't know how to make it fit into my week, and some of her "to do's" (like throwing away magazines) don't really fit, and so there are things that I need to do, that I am not sure how to get them done, and then I finally figure out that I can put them there (change throw away magazines to throw away excess mail/paper clutter) and put that in the WHB, but it took me like 6 years to figure that out, and then when we move, the "hot spots" change, I no longer have to clean "sliding glass doors" and I have to start the whole process over again, and it makes me just quit before I start. 

Ok... we can chat about that on fb... I can help you figure it ;) ... we just have to translate it to "bekah"... it's a good thing I'm fluent in both Bekah and flylady ;)

The evil dancing circus monkeys that live in my phone rarely let my communications come through appropriately

• Like 2