Teirin does some maintenance

Teirin

Effing post loss! It is the worst thing. Definitely worse than cancer.

Sucks about the other shoulder going nuts. Seriously, what is the deal with your shoulders? Do you think your sensei's yoga commentary could be legit? I mean, yoga's like medicine: it's good for you, but in the wrong dosage in the wrong place, it can be bad.

Ugh.  That sucks.  Have you considered trying to get a massage to see if that'll help any?  A little costly, but definitely worth the cash - especially if things have been feeling wonky for a while.  Rest it up otherwise.  But I'm slowly becoming an endorser of people getting massages.

But don't be a slacker. :tongue:

Now that you mention it, there's a college near my place that has cheap rates if you're willing to let an upper year student work on you......  Worth a shot and they have been getting steadily worse of late.  It used to be rare that they were acting up.  Not rare these days.

Won't, promise.  Workout is planned for after work and before I run off to game night tonight. 

Maybe you just needed a few rest days. You have been doing intense workouts on a regular basis, plus walking in your daily routine. I am sure you will figure out what you need to do next.

Sorry your other shoulder is acting up. I would start getting suspicious about gremlins putting rocks in your bed while you are sleeping at this point.

I've been pretty slack this challenge.  I normally work out harder and more regularly so they're getting more rest than they generally do.  Maybe that's it, I'm not working them hard enough.

I'm awake enough through the night that I'd catch them.  The cats can't lift rocks either.

Effing post loss! It is the worst thing. Definitely worse than cancer.

Sucks about the other shoulder going nuts. Seriously, what is the deal with your shoulders? Do you think your sensei's yoga commentary could be legit? I mean, yoga's like medicine: it's good for you, but in the wrong dosage in the wrong place, it can be bad.

Erm, no........

I don't think that my yoga practice is likely to be as much of a problem as Judo but I could be wrong.  The club has lost enough people that any good workout at Judo means that I'm working against someone larger and/or much stronger than me, though there haven't been a lot of great Judo workouts of late admittedly.  The only thing I'm working on in Yoga that has all of my weight on my hands or shoulders is Crow.  I could back off that but I carry all of my weight in assorted other exercises in strength training with no problems.  Positions like Wheel do have me carrying part of my weight in different ways than previously so there's a potential problem.  It's not a very clear cause --> effect.

Posture is still likely to be a major component on the left shoulder problems.  The right shoulder is normally fine, so that pain has me fairly concerned.  It's had problems before but not in years.  Previous problems were unambiguously Judo-related.  

Behave yourself, badly if necessary.

Current Challenge

Judo - Shodan

My Character

Yoga - Nada

Sleep - 12:30.  Was only up once at 5:30 for a quick snack and otherwise slept through the night.  Good night.  I sadly woke up thinking it was Sunday and the alarm that followed shortly after was a very rude surprise.

Judo/Workout

100 Jumping jacks

20 Burpees

Shanks workout

Stretching

Wardrobe - shirt.

Workout ended up somewhat rushed as I left work late and needed to make it to game.  Playing She Hulk is fun :-)

Gryffudd pointed out that tracking my shoulder pain in relation to recent workouts would be a bright plan.  I've been paying attention to recent workouts but not per se tracking, so another column has been added to my spreadsheet.  I've filled in what I remember for a bit over a week but will have to go back through my thread to find any other mentions from earlier as the dates are fuzzy now.

I think I'll call the massage college tomorrow and see if I can set something up.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Judo - Shodan

My Character

I hope you solve the shoulder mystery soon! I also admire that despise the injury, you keep being positive and press on.

I hope it gets figured out sooner rather than later. Hopefully, tracking how the pain falls in relation to your training will give you some useful insights.

Data is very useful.

I hope you solve the shoulder mystery soon! I also admire that despise the injury, you keep being positive and press on.

Thanks, though I do back off a fair bit when they're hurting.

Yoga - none today, again.  Not great for my main goal.  Tomorrow, promise.

Sleep - 1 am, but pretty much slept the night through.  My sleep monitoring app did confirm that I was very briefly awake at 5 but I don't remember it.  I did wake up on my left side but there doesn't seem to be any consequences.

Judo/workout - good Judo night

Bow in

stretching

Ukemi tag for warmup (tagger must be completing a breakfall to tag someone else)

Lots of groundwork - in which Sensei got lots of little blood spots all over my gi (minor nick on his ear - oops)

some new turnovers - none of us were enthused with them

Sadly, we did get sidetracked working out which kids should grade at our semester-end in a few weeks.  My fault and we should have done that outside class.

Wardrobe - shirt

Today's excitement - I found a lump on Trista's (one of my cats) chest near her armpit this morning and had her into the vet to check on it.  It's under the skin but not attached to anything underneath, not discoloured or seeping, small, not apparently causing her any distress, and is very likely to be benign.  Possibly a fatty deposit or other benign lump.  They can do a test on it but it isn't guaranteed to actually find anything.  I will certainly be monitoring it to see if it gets bigger.  It's pretty small now.  She was also due for her next rabies shot, so that got sorted.  She'd even forgiven me by the time I got home from Judo tonight.  So she's alright.

I found it, calmly arranged a vet appointment, arranged to work from home for the morning to lose less time, sat down to work and descended into jittering "It's going to be cancer!" about 20 minutes later.   This kind of illustrates something I've been considering for a while.  I handle stress badly.  The stress that I deal with is a lot lower than what a lot of people handle and every little thing still tends to send me spinning like a top.  Something going seriously wrong turns me into a mess.  A few weeks ago, I signed up for a edx.org course on becoming a more resilient person.  It started last week and the second week started today.  The first week was general introduction stuff and background into what is stress and how it effects us physically, mentally, and socially.  It's pretty good so far.  OTOH, sometimes I probably just need someone to smack me upside the head and tell me to STFU & GBTW.

Food notes - my New Favorite Thing is julienne zucchini with ground beef (or chicken or whatever), beans (usually black beans) or lentils, pasta sauce, Parmesan cheese, and some extra spices.  Omnomnom noises ensue.  The zucchini doesn't even need to be cooked first!  2:30 in the microwave when I'm heating it up at work is enough.  Since I keep cooked protein and beans in the freezer, this is very fast to throw together for work the next day.

Current Challenge

Judo - Shodan

My Character

Still reading Essentialism and would happily recommend it to anyone.  There was a chapter on the importance of play.  The chapter laid out the argument that people who play develop more adaptable thinking patterns and are more likely to come up with creative solutions to problems, in addition to the more obvious benefits of stress reduction and work-life balance.  I did wonder what the author would think of tabletop RPGs in that context.  It also led to a minor synchronicity moment thinking about the GMB podcast on the importance of play as part of exercise.  In that, they discuss how play is working within your core competency and maintains your general condition and capabilities while practice is pushing the edges of your capabilities.  In addition, it's fun and helps you continue to enjoy exercise (workout-life balance?).  Not much synchronicity but still, how often do you run across something on the importance of play as adults?  To compare, they've also both discussed the importance of sleep but that's so widespread that it only counts as reiterating good advice.

^Interesting. 

I often think of aikido as play. I say "do you want to come play with us?" when inviting a third person to join in practicing a technique. Most of the time I work on focus and blending. Perhaps relaxed in a physical sense, but mentally taxing. Even so, I have a sense of joy in movement in aikido. The play part comes in when we open out from working on one technique and just move with the attacks as they come.

I hope you get a chance to do more play this weekend. :)

Those nights that are "play" are excellent aren't they?  I look at my Martial Arts training in a similar way.  I consider it "my time"  and it's the only time that I get away from everything else for a few hours each week.  Whenever I had serious problems in my life, I always turned to my training and it has carried me through some really bad stuff.  

Go play!!! :)

Interesting that you guys are speaking of this! My sister Devyn, (she is an Assassin) just launched a website concerning this exactly. She HATES working out, but longs to be healthy. She wanted a way to gain a healthier and happier life through play since working out for her is such a chore.

You may see some simular ideas, or perhaps be able to add some of your own. My Adventure Playground. Check it out. :)

Sorry about your shoulder(s). I second the massage recommendation. Especially for a pinched nerve; that only starts to feel better when the surrounding muscles relax enough. I've done the whole discount-for-a-student-to-work-on-you and it was quite nice. :)

Oh, and have you finished Primal Blueprint? I read it back around 2010 and LOVED it. Don't remember a lot but I remember appreciating how it referred to the body as a machine. Which, duh, it is, but it changed my perspective a bit. It made the whole 'I get out of myself what I put into myself' a bit more real. I need to be refueled. I don't need excess. My body was made for this, not that. Food effects hormones cycles, which effects tissue repair and fat storage, etc. Gooooood stuff. It was very interesting. Hope you are enjoying it. :)

Today's excitement - I found a lump on Trista's (one of my cats) chest near her armpit this morning and had her into the vet to check on it.  I

<sniP>

I found it, calmly arranged a vet appointment, arranged to work from home for the morning to lose less time, sat down to work and descended into jittering "It's going to be cancer!" about 20 minutes later.   This kind of illustrates something I've been considering for a while.  I handle stress badly.  The stress that I deal with is a lot lower than what a lot of people handle and every little thing still tends to send me spinning like a top.  Something going seriously wrong turns me into a mess.  A few weeks ago, I signed up for a edx.org course on becoming a more resilient person.  It started last week and the second week started today.  The first week was general introduction stuff and background into what is stress and how it effects us physically, mentally, and socially.  It's pretty good so far.  OTOH, sometimes I probably just need someone to smack me upside the head and tell me to STFU & GBTW.

So glad Trista is okay. Well, other than the upcoming tooth cleaning. :)

I think you underestimate the stress you're under. You deal with a lot of crap. That sort of thing is going to grind anyone down. I hope the course helps you deal with it all. <hugs>

I don't think you managed stress badly in this case. You seem to care about your cat; that is all. I had a cat once and understand that. Hope your cat is doing well now!

Today's excitement - I found a lump on Trista's (one of my cats) chest near her armpit this morning and had her into the vet to check on it.  It's under the skin but not attached to anything underneath, not discoloured or seeping, small, not apparently causing her any distress, and is very likely to be benign.  Possibly a fatty deposit or other benign lump.  They can do a test on it but it isn't guaranteed to actually find anything.  I will certainly be monitoring it to see if it gets bigger.  It's pretty small now.  She was also due for her next rabies shot, so that got sorted.  She'd even forgiven me by the time I got home from Judo tonight.  So she's alright.

My parents' dog had a similar issue that popped up.  Fluid-filled cyst that actually would get larger and smaller as the day.  Caused a similar freak-out event in my mother.  Pets are awesome, and deserve said freakout events when their health and well being is concerned.

I handle stress badly.  The stress that I deal with is a lot lower than what a lot of people handle and every little thing still tends to send me spinning like a top.  Something going seriously wrong turns me into a mess.  A few weeks ago, I signed up for a edx.org course on becoming a more resilient person.  It started last week and the second week started today.  The first week was general introduction stuff and background into what is stress and how it effects us physically, mentally, and socially.  It's pretty good so far.  OTOH, sometimes I probably just need someone to smack me upside the head and tell me to STFU & GBTW.

Stress is weird.  I've always found it best to just remove myself from the stressor (even if it's for 2 minutes), take a deep breath, and then slowly try to logic my way to calmness.  It works surprisingly well, if you can ramp up the logic centers a bit over the emotion centers.

Food notes - my New Favorite Thing is julienne zucchini with ground beef (or chicken or whatever), beans (usually black beans) or lentils, pasta sauce, Parmesan cheese, and some extra spices.  Omnomnom noises ensue.  The zucchini doesn't even need to be cooked first!  2:30 in the microwave when I'm heating it up at work is enough.  Since I keep cooked protein and beans in the freezer, this is very fast to throw together for work the next day.

ZOODLES!  They are tasty.  I should make zoodles again, but they are such annoying work for me to make.  Maybe I should just make huge batches and freeze them away.  Hmmmm...

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Turns to Ash

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

Interesting that you guys are speaking of this! My sister Devyn, (she is an Assassin) just launched a website concerning this exactly. She HATES working out, but longs to be healthy. She wanted a way to gain a healthier and happier life through play since working out for her is such a chore.

You may see some simular ideas, or perhaps be able to add some of your own. My Adventure Playground. Check it out. :)

Sorry about your shoulder(s). I second the massage recommendation. Especially for a pinched nerve; that only starts to feel better when the surrounding muscles relax enough. I've done the whole discount-for-a-student-to-work-on-you and it was quite nice. :)

Oh, and have you finished Primal Blueprint? I read it back around 2010 and LOVED it. Don't remember a lot but I remember appreciating how it referred to the body as a machine. Which, duh, it is, but it changed my perspective a bit. It made the whole 'I get out of myself what I put into myself' a bit more real. I need to be refueled. I don't need excess. My body was made for this, not that. Food effects hormones cycles, which effects tissue repair and fat storage, etc. Gooooood stuff. It was very interesting. Hope you are enjoying it. :)

Very much liking her website.  Will probably be subscribed shortly.  Thanks for the link!  Play is vastly underrated.  What should being an adult make everything dull and boring?

The massage got largely forgotten yesterday in the midst of cat-induced fretting.

Nope, have been focusing on Essentialism.  I will be getting back to it soon though.  Looks good and a number of people (now including you) have recommended it so it's clearly worth reading.

So glad Trista is okay. Well, other than the upcoming tooth cleaning. :)

I think you underestimate the stress you're under. You deal with a lot of crap. That sort of thing is going to grind anyone down. I hope the course helps you deal with it all. <hugs>

She'll be unconscious for it.  Best thing for everyone. 

Not really.  Most of my problems are pretty solidly in the first-world-problems range.  I have no major health problems, good friends and family, a job that I generally like and pays me reasonably well, I live in a nice apartment that fits me perfectly and has reasonable landlords, and I'm slowly climbing out of the debt pit.  My life is quite frankly pretty darned good. 

My notable stress list includes:  worrying about my parents (valid, but will not be expanded upon here), cat health (down from yesterday), continued setbacks on getting out of debt, Judo drama/politics, shoulder pain (legit but not huge), and all of the silly things that I go nuts over.  Job stress is decreasing as my boss is being very supportive about offloading one of my jobs so I won't be so overloaded during crunch times.

I don't think you managed stress badly in this case. You seem to care about your cat; that is all. I had a cat once and understand that. Hope your cat is doing well now!

When I left this morning, she was curled up in a comforter on the futon purring her little brains out and squinting at me.  All is well in her world.

I'mma chime in with the others and say cat-stress is legit. I mean, she's a companion animal. And given the increasing prevalence of cancer in our societies, both in humans and animals, it's not like it's a baseless fear. I'm glad it turned out to be benign, though.

Ok, so the cat example was a bad one.  Can I substitute all of the times I have said something stupid and then fretted myself into a fit that they'd be upset or offended and then it turns out that it was either fine or they never even noticed?  Or the times that something minor goes wrong and I turn it into the End of All Things?

My parents' dog had a similar issue that popped up.  Fluid-filled cyst that actually would get larger and smaller as the day.  Caused a similar freak-out event in my mother.  Pets are awesome, and deserve said freakout events when their health and well being is concerned.

Stress is weird.  I've always found it best to just remove myself from the stressor (even if it's for 2 minutes), take a deep breath, and then slowly try to logic my way to calmness.  It works surprisingly well, if you can ramp up the logic centers a bit over the emotion centers.

ZOODLES!  They are tasty.  I should make zoodles again, but they are such annoying work for me to make.  Maybe I should just make huge batches and freeze them away.  Hmmmm...

True, that was a bad example.

That would be the trouble.  I'm working on it!

I'm using this and it makes very quick and large piles of zoodles.  A cheese grater might work.  How well does zucchini freeze?

Current Challenge

Judo - Shodan

My Character

Zoodles? I'm so confused.

Also called zuudles sometimes.  Thinly sliced or julienned zucchini makes a great substitute for pasta if you're mostly interested in a carrying method for sauce and other stuff.  Presumably not so much if you have an actual attachment to noodles. 

Current Challenge

Judo - Shodan

My Character

When I left this morning, she was curled up in a comforter on the futon purring her little brains out and squinting at me.  All is well in her world.

Ok, so the cat example was a bad one.  Can I substitute all of the times I have said something stupid and then fretted myself into a fit that they'd be upset or offended and then it turns out that it was either fine or they never even noticed?  Or the times that something minor goes wrong and I turn it into the End of All Things?

Good to hear that Trista is fine and has forgiven you for taking her to that awful place.

This may be way off base, but your description of being easily thrown by minor problems sounds very similar to a B-vitamin deficiency. The vitamins interact with hormone levels during the menstrual cycle. I remember a couple times when it felt like the universe had put my emotions on a roulette wheel. I would go from happy to angry to sad over a few hours for no obvious reason. That was actually easier to deal with because I could tell my emotions had a physical cause instead of a real-world cause.

The less severe version just puts a filter over emotional responses. My college roommate was on a high estrogen dose of the pill because she had a crazy work schedule. It made her horribly grouchy. She went back to her doctor and complained that there was no use in being on the pill because it made her argue with her boyfriend so much that she was in no danger of getting pregnant. He gave her vitamin supplements, which solved the problem. There is a reason that B-complex vitamins are labeled "Stress tabs".

Also called zuudles sometimes.  Thinly sliced or julienned zucchini makes a great substitute for pasta if you're mostly interested in a carrying method for sauce and other stuff.  Presumably not so much if you have an actual attachment to noodles. 

I am going to have to try these. We get a lot of zuchini from the CSA in the summer. I like spaghetti squash as a noodle substitute. I don't like baking squash during hot weather. Julienned summer squash would be a great base for pesto or tomato sauce.

Level 58  Viking paladin

My current challenge    Battle log 

Yesterday:

Yoga/workout - No.  I said I was going to and I didn't.  I spent a very nice evening hanging out with Gryffudd instead, and getting my dishes done because I do dishes while we talk.

Sleep - another 1 am night.  Alright sleep at least.  I settled earlier last night but had a worse night overall.  Going to bed =/= sleeping.

Wardrobe - shirt.

There's only 2 of us expected at Judo tonight so the plan is a kata night to continue preparing for the semester end demo in a few weeks.  We're hoping the kids are a bit more calm this week.

Some notes on calorie counting:

There is a lot of current backlash against calorie counting, for generally fair reasons.  It's time consuming, frustrating for some, can lead to obsessive behaviours, the foods you like may not be loaded and entering them takes time, etc.  I've had pretty mixed experiences with it and thought I'd dump some notes.

My history:

I started with MFP and set it to 0.5 lb/week weight loss.  It had me eating 1437 calories per day + estimated workout calories.  Trying to stay under this led me to largely stop eating most grains as they're expensive in terms of calories.  This actually resulted in 1.5 lb/week weight loss which seemed fine at the time.  A month or so later, there was a descent into perpetual irritability and period loss.  Calories (and grains in particular) were immediately added. Was introduced to IIFYM, fixed the calorie level and adjusted my Protein/Carb/Fat intake to the point where I was comfortable eating the recommended caloric level for my age/height/weight/gender and maintaining a stable weight on average (+/- 3lb depending on time of day/month).  After that I got frustrated with only being able to see one or two things in addition to the main ones (calories, protein, carbs, fat) and went looking for something that allowed me to track the micronutrients.  I found cronometer.com and have been quite happy with that. 

Some good things that have come from micronutrient/calorie tracking:

• I know what a serving of many foods looks like now.  My notions of a serving of rice (for example) was way off.
  • I notice when I'm eating too much.  If I'm hungry that day and eating good food it's fine, but if I'm just munching it makes me notice and stop.
  • I notice when I'm eating too little.  Happens sometimes when I'm very distracted.
  • I can see ALL the micronutrients and the reports allow me to see what I'm regularly short on, e.g. vitamin E, Omega 3s, and choline.  The later two help brain function.  I'm always in favour of that and eggs are both delicious and the best source of choline.  More eggs!
  • Checking out foods that have those nutrients get me to try new foods.
  • I found I have an upper limit for fiber.  Quinoa isn't a problem, not balancing it with other fiber sources is.
  • Noticed that Kale does not have folate so I went back to eating spinach.  Yum, I forgot how much I like spinach.
  • Maxing out my nutrient intake feels like making something of a game out of my food.  I get that bar-filling hit off getting all of my nutrients.
  • Adding my food and recipes encourages me to use base meat, veg, grain, dairy ingredients as much as possible so I get all of the data.
  • I stopped taking any useless vitamin/mineral supplements because I know I'm getting enough. 

That's my take.  Any other opinions anyone wants to share?

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Judo - Shodan

My Character

In general, if you're following a trainer's program, the trainer will have had the opportunity to test calculations on a wide variety of clients, and generally arrive at pretty good counts. In general, though, as long as you realize that your metabolism is your own and that you need to pay attention to the numbers that work for you, it's really not a bad way to go.

Good to hear that Trista is fine and has forgiven you for taking her to that awful place.

This may be way off base, but your description of being easily thrown by minor problems sounds very similar to a B-vitamin deficiency. The vitamins interact with hormone levels during the menstrual cycle. I remember a couple times when it felt like the universe had put my emotions on a roulette wheel. I would go from happy to angry to sad over a few hours for no obvious reason. That was actually easier to deal with because I could tell my emotions had a physical cause instead of a real-world cause.

The less severe version just puts a filter over emotional responses. My college roommate was on a high estrogen dose of the pill because she had a crazy work schedule. It made her horribly grouchy. She went back to her doctor and complained that there was no use in being on the pill because it made her argue with her boyfriend so much that she was in no danger of getting pregnant. He gave her vitamin supplements, which solved the problem. There is a reason that B-complex vitamins are labeled "Stress tabs".

I am going to have to try these. We get a lot of zuchini from the CSA in the summer. I like spaghetti squash as a noodle substitute. I don't like baking squash during hot weather. Julienned summer squash would be a great base for pesto or tomato sauce.

Hmmm, good point on the B vitamins.  My tracker says that I've averaged at least 95% of my RDA on all B vitamins but the values loaded are average and aren't always accurate.  Also, some foods conflict with absorption of nutrients and some people just don't absorb them as well.  May well be worth a shot, though I avoid supplements whenever possible.  I used to take one so I know that brand is safe from unlabelled wheat content and hasn't made me sick.

You should!  It's very good.  If you have  a slicer already, one of the other recipes that came with mine was julienned carrot and apple with raisins, walnuts and lime juice.  It sounds quite good.

In general, if you're following a trainer's program, the trainer will have had the opportunity to test calculations on a wide variety of clients, and generally arrive at pretty good counts. In general, though, as long as you realize that your metabolism is your own and that you need to pay attention to the numbers that work for you, it's really not a bad way to go.

Yep, loads of trial and error.  Less with a good trainer, but pretty much everything is going to be more efficient with a good trainer.

Today:

Yoga - after Judo (actually used as recovery work!)

Ocean flow - three times through, twice on the right and once on the left.  Felt good.

Wind flow - three times through, twice on the right and once on the left.

Sleep - Settled by 12 last night but spent rather more time awake through the night so there was no net gain on sleep over the nights I settle by 1 am.  *grumbles*

Wardrobe - sweater today.  It was windy.

Judo/Workout - good night!

Kids class - started badly but improved rapidly.  We set up three stations and rotated groups between instructors working on breakfalls, throws, and holds.  No games tonight and they still had fun :-)

Adult class - Kata night, we went through every throw in the first three sets of Nage No Kata on both right and left.  We haven't worked on the second and third sets on almost a year (we think) and it went very well except the last throw.  We'll work more on that one on Tuesday.  That last one was the only bad fall the entire night, because I'm awful at getting thrown by the kata version of Uchi Mata.  Falling from the regular throw is fine, but the kata version is harder.  I'm going to be feeling it through my hips for a few days.  No damage, just a solid impact.

I was uke the entire time so I spent most of the kids class getting thrown by kids learning throws and the adult class getting thrown by the other rec guy.  Many breakfalls were done this day.

• Like 2

Current Challenge

Judo - Shodan

My Character

Yoga - probably will not happen today.  The rest of the day is scheduled.

Sleep - 12:30 and slept the night mostly through.  Was briefly up at 6 and almost fell into the bathtub.  Not coordinated in the morning.

Wardrobe - Long sleeve t.

Workout

100 Jumping Jacks

20 Burpees

Shanks workout (1 extra rep for everything in the last two sets, because I forgot for the first two.....)

Stretching

I decided to retry morning workouts since this one is so compact.  Also, today is just packed so there won't be a chance later.  That workout has a set number of reps but there's a guild challenge and I've slacked off enough recently.  This has been a more introspective challenge than planned but I do want to keep up workouts.

Other workout bonus - carried my other cat Cally to the vet and back (about 10 min each way) and attempted to keep her from drawing over much blood during her checkup and vaccination.  Was mostly successful, I bled a tiny bit and the vet was unscathed.  Cat for "I will fuck you up" is fairly unambiguous.  She's very sweet with me but she's mostly a one-person cat. 

5.5 kg of rage and claws when provoked.  Edit:  I checked the vet slip and she's 4.4 kg. I'd thought she was heavier.

GNegvVL.jpg

It occurred to me on the way home that she has a good workout routine going:  high jumps, stairs, sprints, and chasing paper balls balanced with lots of sleep, petting, and free access to the always-occupied food bowl.  Cally's workout routine is better than mine.

Edit:  Neat program to manage street racing in Alberta http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/alberta-s-yield-program-steers-street-racers-off-roads-onto-race-tracks-1.2644838

Current Challenge

Judo - Shodan

My Character

That's a very serious look on her face. :)

Does that mean you'll be chasing paper balls around and running up and down the stairs? ;)

She was in the bathroom, therefore it was a request for tummy-rubs. Note:  Not valid outside the bathroom.

Not without enraging my neighbours.  If there were decent stairs near my place, it would be a possibility.  I'd rather chase a frisbee or something.

Current Challenge

Judo - Shodan

My Character

Oh Cat Orders.  You must listen to your Lords and Masters, after all.  I expect that I'll be doing the same when I get home, as I'm watching my neighbor's cat this weekend.

• Like 1

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Turns to Ash

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines