Twilight: Celebrate this chance to be alive and breathing

Twilight

Kid-assisted workouts are the best.  Mine love riding along for squats, planks, push-ups, and deadhangs.  They're also usually ready and willing to do a dance party or jumping. 

• Like 1

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

We want to sign kid#1 up for parkour, rock climbing, or circus school this summer. Kid #2 will take swimming lessons again. I try to encourage them to be more active, but this is still really new to me and my workout isn't a great time to do stuff with my kids usually. So playground and play type fitness stuff for sure.

I practised some dead hangs and holds last night at the party, and then I did a bunch of stretching today at a rope thing. I can touch my right toe to the back of my head! But not the left. Soon. I'm really tired from being out late last night, so I will work out tomorrow.

We want to sign kid#1 up for parkour, rock climbing, or circus school this summer. Kid #2 will take swimming lessons again. I try to encourage them to be more active, but this is still really new to me and my workout isn't a great time to do stuff with my kids usually. So playground and play type fitness stuff for sure.

I practised some dead hangs and holds last night at the party, and then I did a bunch of stretching today at a rope thing. I can touch my right toe to the back of my head! But not the left. Soon. I'm really tired from being out late last night, so I will work out tomorrow.

That's nice! You should definitely encourage them! I really like all the options for kid#1 btw :P 

I am happy to report that my official day #1 for my second challenge was a resounding success!

• My usual 3km walk: check
  • 2 circuits of ABWW: check
  • Special attention paid to the pistol squats for the Assassins challenge: check
  • Starting to reduce the level of assistance I use for the under-the-table pull-ups and chin-ups: check
  • Stretches from the Assassin mini-challenge: check
  • Swimming (leisurely): check
  • My first ever attempts to learn some pole moves for fun and play: check!

I'm so sore today! And I've got bruises from the damn pole. That's a tough workout! I don't like shoes with straps all that much, but I can see why they're preferable for pole dancing.

Can't swim today because I have another lunch meeting, so I may swim tomorrow instead and do ABWW on Thursday. Friday is a holiday so I won't be swimming then, either, and it'll be Tuesday at the earliest before I can swim again after that.

TWIILIIIIGHT! I MISSS YOOOOOOOOU!

Where have you been, young man?

Professor-Minerva-McGonagall-professor-m

Good music, badass goals, TOOL. What's not to love?

I agree! :lol:

I really like all the options for kid#1 btw :tongue:

Haha yes, she's a little monkey, and #2 is a little fish. <3

I've currently got the song Demon Says by Justice in my head ... can't find a video version, so here's a link!

Tonight I will stretch and practice some balancing stuff.

• Like 1

Wow Twilight, how long did all that work take you?  That is an amazing success for day 1!  What kind of things are you learning on the pole?

ABWW takes me about a half hour (!!) apparently for the two circuits that I do, which I did when I got home from work. I did the pole stuff at night when I went out with friends to a club that has a couple of poles. That was maybe 20 minutes of messing around and me whining about hurting myself. I have a weird bruise on the top of my foot, damnit! My friend showed me the walk where you can swing around the pole, and "the fireman" (lol), and this thing where you basically use the pole to do a dip as if you're dancing with a partner. My glasses kept falling off. :lol:

• Like 2

Wow! That is an amazing day 1. I think you found a time turner that is helping you fit it all in. ;)

Sounds awesome! Would you consider classes for pole dancing/fitness? It's something I'd like to try at least once...

If I had money for classes, I'd consider it. I'd probably spend money on karate though because I miss it so much. I'd also like to take aerial, silks, rock climbing, and a bunch of other classes.

Wow! That is an amazing day 1. I think you found a time turner that is helping you fit it all in. ;)

I wish! Then I'd have time for all those classes I just mentioned. :lol:

I would love to have the strength to do pole dancing. It's just so cool! Way to rock it Twilight!

I know, right? It's an incredible workout!

Thanks guys!!

Edit: My manager just scheduled another lunch meeting for tomorrow!! ARGH!!!

Also, in the lunch meeting I was just in our director had us go around the room introducing ourselves. Name, role, time with the company, and then a fun and unique fact about yourself. So I told my entire department that I had my first pole dancing lesson last night. I think I shocked some people. (GOOD!) :D

• Like 3

If I had money for classes, I'd consider it. I'd probably spend money on karate though because I miss it so much. I'd also like to take aerial, silks, rock climbing, and a bunch of other classes.

Le Sigh. I would like to do aerial and silks, but I am not bendy or strong enough for that yet.

Great progress so far :) I love following your challenges. 

• Like 1

"I am the hero of this story. I don't need to be saved."

Level 2 Half Wood Elf | Current Challenge  #1 l  Progress Album

STR 3 | DEX 1 | STA 3 | CON 1 | WIS 3 | CHA 3

Great that you got to try some pole! It's tremendous amounts of fun. :D I see why some chooses to use shoes when pole dancing. It's nice to look at, but I refuse to put my feet into posture altering traps of evil. :P Bare feet and pointy toes! 

It's fun to shock people with pole. It's awesome you presented yourself like that. :) Some have immediate judgement written across their faces. I say, why not have fun while getting strong?! :D 

• Like 2

#3 - #4 - #5 - #6 #7 - current

Juggling PvPSquat PvP, HOoRAY

I feel your pain! I don't have enough money or time for all the classes I would like to follow in an ideal world either! Like toprope climbing, bouldering (I do those alright), parkour, gymnastics, aerials, yoga, salsa dancing, gym membership for some weights... :P

All the classes, right?

I got a bunch of stretching in last night and put my name on the spreadsheet for the mini-challenge. Those boosters will be mine! I tried to stretch the soreness ouf of the tops of my thighs, but no luck. I was really pleased to find out that I can hold the bottom of a pistol squat for 10 seconds on each leg. Go me!

I need to post my April progress photo that I took on Saturday. I will workout tonight when I get home. I want to try and do some incline push ups during the day against my desk when no one's looking ... Gotta keep working on those.

Also, I'm going to make a point of following my kid when she runs and climbs on our way to school in the morning. There are some decorative rocks and things that she usually runs along, and I follow her every now and then, but I'm going to do it more often. Fun and play! Fun and play!

• Like 4

All the fun and play!!!

And with regards to shoes and pole - don't like 'em. I looove really high evil torture stilettos (on other people haha), but plateau shoes really don't do it for me. They can look nice for spins, but for inverts they just look way clunky and ruin the lines for me.

Still, awesome you do pole! :D I somehow managed to miss that. Is it a new or an old thing?

Le Sigh. I would like to do aerial and silks, but I am not bendy or strong enough for that yet.

Great progress so far  :) I love following your challenges. 

batman+yoga+meme.jpg

Just saying. :P

• Like 1

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines