Twilight: Celebrate this chance to be alive and breathing

Twilight

Thank you! :)

Here's the progress picture I took on the 12th. It's frustrating that it doesn't look nearly as different as I feel. Meh I guess, but still. I am definitely thinner, I am definitely stronger, so I just wish the photos better reflected those changes.

I also tried a downward dog to wheel transition and succeeded in my first attempt! Nifty. AND for fun & play I did five "military presses" lifting kid #2 over my head up to the ceiling. She giggled the whole time.

Woohoo!!!  Congrats! 

You are looking visibly smaller.  The photos will catch up more soon, I bet.  You'll just have to console yourself by doing more awesome things  :-)  See above.

Behave yourself, badly if necessary.

Current Challenge

Judo - Shodan

My Character

You really do look visibly smaller. You have made absolutely amazing progress. Don't be so hard on yourself! 

What you should do is take the first photo, put it directly beside the last photo (most recent) and compare them directly, then you'll see what we see. But the most important thing is that you're taking the right attitude which is amazing. Can't wait to see more progress shots in future!

• Like 1

Lvl. 10 Half-Elf Assassin

My Current Challenge

My Daily Battle Log

Great results!!!  The appearance will catch up with the differences you feel.  But you are definitely thinner!!

Some kind of Jedi .....

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

“THE QUESTION ISN'T WHO IS GOING TO LET ME; IT'S WHO IS GOING TO STOP ME?” Ayn Rand

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49

I agree with everyone else...also I am not the best person to help in this respect, but if you can get someone to take your those first and last shots and circle or mark the areas that have changed....that was the only way I ever noticed changes in undie progress pics

but I do see a definite difference, you look amazing and beautiful :)

• Like 2

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

I only go to the theaters to see RiffTrax live:

http://www.rifftrax.com/live

SHARKNADO in July.  Much Excite!

But the dialouge is already so witty! How could they improve it? "They killed my grandfather, so I really hate sharks."

RedCedar uses the pronouns they/them/theirs. What pronouns do you prefer? 

Here is a fun game to help learn/practice pronouns that might be new to you: http://minus18.org.au/pronouns-app/

Last Challenge

Favorite Challenge

I said to the sun, "tell me about the Big Bang".

The sun said, "It hurts to become." 
~A.G. 

I can't decide if it's you or the music that's rocking harder in this thread. Oh wait, it's definitely you! Keep up the badassery. Your progress photos are amazing!

• Like 1

Here is a fun game to help learn/practice pronouns that might be new to you: http://minus18.org.au/pronouns-app/

Last Challenge

Favorite Challenge

~A.G. 

Thanks, guys. I'm trying to figure out how to superimpose the pictures ... Hrm.

I forgot to post about yesterday's workout. Did my regular two circuits of ABWW. I'm able to lower myself into pistols without hanging on to anything, but I can't get back up without pulling myself up with my arms or pushing myself up with my other leg. Soon. Regluar squats really suck after pistols. :lol: I noticed that I lean forward a bit on one leg for lunges, and lean back on the other, so now my left leg is stronger than my right (which shows for pistols like whoa). Trying to correct that. I think I'm doing step-ups wrong. Doing 30-50% of the under-the-table pull ups and chin ups with a straight body instead of bent knees. I can't get up very high, but I feel it more in my core that way, so I know it's working. Push ups are deeper than ever, but not quite deep enough. Decided to start adding seconds to plank, so now I'm up to 65s. Doing the "hollow body" hold after plank, and then it's jumping jacks. I'm going to add a third circuit soon.

Today I'm going to the aquarium with my family, including my parents, sister, her boyfriend, and some of our friends. I wish I could bring my bathing suit and get some swimming in. ;)

That is a ton of progress Twilight. I'm amazed that you manage a family and everything else at the same time. There is something to be said for that as well!

Thanks for the reminder. :) I once worked with a woman who would read celebrity magazines and sigh wistfully at all of these people who were dressed and made-up by professionals, who had personal trainers and nutritionists, who go to the gym instead of sitting behind a desk all day, AND who get photoshopped on top of all of that. She didn't know that models in magazines were photoshopped. I felt really sad for her when I heard that.

My wake-up music today! WARNING! SWEAR WORDS!

• Like 1

Amazing photos. I understand It is hard to see ourselves because we notice what we want to change not what we have changed. You are at a great weight for your height and your focus on BBWW will keep you getting stronger!

You are remarkable and so inspirational!

Level 36 Ranger Sorcerer 

Current challenge 

Thank you so much. :)

Aquarium today was a zoo ... er, you know what I mean. It was ridiculous. I followed my kids around through the play areas though, and ended up carrying kid#2 for half the time we were there, plus all the way back home, because she hurt herself on the slide. I'm going to be sore tomorrow. GoRuck? Nah, I'll just carry my kid around!

They're having a sleepover with our friend's kid right now. All's quiet ... fingers crossed that it sticks.

• Like 1

Thank you!

I took a rest day today. I wasn't feeling great. I still got a 2-3km walk in to the restaurant we went to for dinner, which was The Keg, and delicious delicious steak and veggies. I ate crap today otherwise, which I'm sure is part of why I was feeling like crap. Laura Secord cream egg and those candy-coated marshmallow egg things. And baked Cheetos. Bleh. The day started out so promisingly with fried eggs and whole-grain toast, but it went pretty far downhill food-wise after that.

Working from home tomorrow, so I will work out at some point, and plan on swimming on Tuesday.

• Like 2

Days off are a good thing. I am also learning exactly how much and how quickly my body responds to my food being less than ideal. I hope you feel better tomorrow - we will both be working from home. :peaceful:

Yeah, I don't schedule rest days. I just take them when I feel I need them. :)

Yesterday I looked up split squats and tried a couple out. My left outer thigh got a sharp pain, so I stopped. I rubbed it a bit last night to try and relax the muscle. It happened again when I was trying the pistols today during ABWW, so I only did a couple on each leg. For the second round I held my other leg underneath me instead of out front, and did some single-legged squats that way instead, without going too far down. I took it easy for squats and lunges, too. I'm going to rub my thigh some more tonight.

My arms are tired, which is a nice feeling, especially because I kind of felt like I cheated today and didn't work hard enough. I think part of that feeling is because I'm still so reliant on assistance for so many of the movements. I know that working up to full movements takes time, and that I have to build my strength to get there. I know this, but I don't feel it today. It took me six weeks to get to full pushups ... I need to give myself time to get to the other stuff, too.

Wearing black wet-look leggings and a tight black tank top now for stretching and I feel like a ninja. XD

BBQ for dinner! I'm going to get a bit more arm work in as I take the BBQ out to the back yard, and then back in again later. Mmm, BBQ. You're all jealous, right? :lol:

• Like 2

Argh! Yeah, I'm with you. *puts on sulky voice* But I want to be able to do it all right now!!!! :(

I think you're doing amazingly well, I'm really jealous of some of your movements. I can't even look at single leg squats. Nothing worth having ever comes easily. ;)

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

My arms are tired, which is a nice feeling, especially because I kind of felt like I cheated today and didn't work hard enough. I think part of that feeling is because I'm still so reliant on assistance for so many of the movements. I know that working up to full movements takes time, and that I have to build my strength to get there. I know this, but I don't feel it today. It took me six weeks to get to full pushups ... I need to give myself time to get to the other stuff, too.

THIS! SO much this. I have the hardest time working up to movements because I loose focus easily, I'm not patient enough to sick with things long enough to master them. I often try to remember something my favorite coach used to say all the time. "If it was easy, everybody would be good." Seems to help me push through when I'm working on something that will eventually be really badass.

• Like 1

Last Challenge

Favorite Challenge

~A.G. 

Wearing black wet-look leggings and a tight black tank top now for stretching and I feel like a ninja. XD

That just makes it so much more fun to work out, doesn't it? For some reason, I feel "different" when wearing my tight black workout clothes. :pirate:

Hope your thigh feels better soon. Twinges and pains make me paranoid about injury after my knee episode 18 months ago.

And yes, I am jealous of the BBQ. :redface-new:

• Like 3

You have kids, therefore you have more patience than most of us non-parents :-)   

Ha! Maybe. I'm plenty impatient with my kids sometimes; just ask my husband. ;)

I can't even look at single leg squats. Nothing worth having ever comes easily. ;)

Can't look at them - YET! Right?? :D You'll get there, too! And yes, like RedCedar said below ...

"If it was easy, everybody would be good." Seems to help me push through when I'm working on something that will eventually be really badass.

True!! We are turning so badass! I'm reminded of A Princess of Mars by Edgar Rice Burroughs (adapted into John Carter which came out in 2012), where the main character is a regular guy on Earth, but super-strong on Mars because of the lower gravity. We're setting new standards for ourselves in regards to what we're asking our bodies to do. Any Earthling can be a superhero on Mars ... but we're going to be badass here on Earth. (Don't mind me, I'm in a weird mood apparently.)

That just makes it so much more fun to work out, doesn't it? For some reason, I feel "different" when wearing my tight black workout clothes. :pirate:

Yes! I saw a suggestion elsewhere for getting +1 CHA for wearing black more often. ;):lol:

Climbed on stuff while walking kid #1 to school this morning. When it snowed the other week (after we were all yay! spring is finally here! and Mother Nature was all HAHAHAHA NO) I was pleased to see footprints up on the places where I like to climb. I'm not the only adult climbing up onto things! Woo!

Swam 28 lengths (50m each length) today at lunch. I thought about going for the full 1.5km, but I haven't swam for a week, so I decided to just leave it at 1.4km. My hair looks fabulous because I wash it and condition it so well afterwards. Tonight my friend is going to help me refresh the blue. I'll do some stretches and get in the week 2 challenge stuff tonight with her. She's a good yoga buddy.

Treated myself to a cinnamon dolce hot chocolate from Starbucks ... can't finish it ... too much sugar and syrup and stuff. :( Bleh.

I haven't been doing the hand excercises lately, and I only got one head-balancing practice in last week. I'm glad the new challenge is balance-focused: double-duty. :)

Edit: AAaaand ... RedCedar posted this link re: pushup form in their thread. So now I'm back to the drawing board for my pushups. They will be stronger and better for it, so I'm only whining a little bit.

• Like 4

AAaaand ... RedCedar posted this link re: pushup form in their thread. So now I'm back to the drawing board for my pushups. They will be stronger and better for it, so I'm only whining a little bit.

I'll whine a little bit with you before going to do more pushups the right way. Nice to know I'm not the only one needing to start over 

Last Challenge

Favorite Challenge

~A.G. 

Ah, yes! It sucks when you start trying to keep the elbows tucked tight. I remember thinking I was getting quite good at press ups until I was told off for poor form. I went from doing well to sucking donkey ass in 2 seconds flat! I couldn't believe how much harder it was. It's worth it though. ;)

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines