Wanted to drop in and say hi!  :)

Hope you have an awesome fun weekend Darwin!  ;)

Level 6 Pixie Assassin Rangerish Adventurer
Current Challenge: Guess What??
Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 12th 13th 14th  Battle Log
-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.
-Whatever doesn't kill me....Had better start running.

For what its worth, the fortune cookie said:

"Hard work pays off in the future, laziness pays off now."

I'm not sure if that convinces me to work now, or be lazy now...

Haha this is always the problem isn't it. Too often I allow short-term gratification to win me over (eating unhealthy). but not this challenge! we need to be strong ^^

Have a good weekend 

Today I will do what others won't, so that tomorrow I can do what others can't

Battle Log - http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/43243-swes-path-fun-change/

This'll be a fun side quest.

Found a really detailed calculator for keto dieting.

Here's the feedback.

---
*Generated by [Keto Calculator](http://keto-calculator.ankerl.com) 7.3*

30/M/6'0" | CW 256 | 27% BF | Moderately active

* 2678 kcal Goal, a 20% deficit. (1358 min, 3348 max)
* 25g Carbohydrates
* 186g Protein (113g min, 186g max)
* 204g Fat (58g min, 278g max)

----

I decided to start with the 20% deficit which might be a little tough, but it'll set me up for future success. The site has nice graphs that show where I'll be if I stick to it and it has me at 10% body fat a year from now.

I personally don't care to get quite that low, 12-15%  BF seems good to me, but I'm being ambitious, because I'm going to modify this plan as per the recommendations on ketogains' TKD, which means carbing up with about 50g high glycemic carbs before workouts followed by eating lean meat/protein post workout.

I'll be tweaking that number as I go based on progress, but moreso on how my workouts feel. I'll be aiming to complete reps and sets, but getting exhausted at the end.

I'll start Monday.

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge
Previously known as: Curl Brogo, Darwins_Demon, Vincent Van Bro

2020 Respawn Battle Log || Tarly's Ten Level Nutrition Plan

My Fitness Pal Profile || NF Epic Quest Character Page || Instagram

Weight Loss Quest: Start 270 lbs., Goal 199 lbs., Current 270 lbs., Waist: ,45.0 in., Bodyfat%: 33%

Week One Summary:

(its a little early, but I feel like I need to take stock of my progress and I might not get a chance until Monday)

Goal 1 -- Don't hit the snooze button. I only succeeded on two mornings this week. I only hit the snooze on Wed. but Th. and Fri. I still laid in bed for another 30-60 min.

2/30 pts. -- Failing so far.

Goal 2 -- Exercise 5 days a week. I made it to the gym twice, and I'm hellbent on going tomorrow as well. I also did pilates and stretching at home on Wed. Assuming I make it to the gym tomorrow:

5/30 pts. -- Perfect so far (pending)

Goal 3 -- Poverty Paleo. Or whatever this is... I only splurged on one day, yesterday

5/36 pts. -- Passing so far.

Goal 4 -- Lift weights 3x a week. I've got two done, and pending tomorrow's workout that makes three.

3/3 pts. -- Perfect so far (pending)

Life Goal: Be more productive on dissertation

Paper a day: 2/5

1 hour writing a day: 3/5

Work one day on weekend: 1/1

Total: 6/11 pts. -- failing so far.

So there's plenty of need, but plenty of time for improvement. I'm glad I'm doing so well, on getting to the gym. That's the most important one.

• Like 1

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge

Weight Loss Quest: Start 270 lbs., Goal 199 lbs., Current 270 lbs., Waist: ,45.0 in., Bodyfat%: 33%

I've actually done that before, I get up, shut it off then go back to bed.

This message was generated by a room full of monkeys typing randomly--as you can see, they are far from producing Shakespeare.

• Like 1

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge

Oooh, I've had fun with this one before.

The most interesting method of getting up is the phone app that is an alarm clock that forces you complete a puzzle before you can turn it off. The theory is that by stimulating your brain enough, it knocks you out of your delta brain wave production and doesn't allow you to fall back in theta wave production. That way, you have no choice but to wake up. 

You ever see those guys who look like they totally used to be in shape?
I'm working to get back to that...

Oooh, I've had fun with this one before.

The most interesting method of getting up is the phone app that is an alarm clock that forces you complete a puzzle before you can turn it off. The theory is that by stimulating your brain enough, it knocks you out of your delta brain wave production and doesn't allow you to fall back in theta wave production. That way, you have no choice but to wake up.

What's it called? I'd totally give that a try.

This message was generated by a room full of monkeys typing randomly--as you can see, they are far from producing Shakespeare.

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge

Easter Workout.

Squat

warmup: 45# 1(10), 135# 1(5), 225# 1(3)

workout: 250# 3(5)

Got it, but I'm gonna give this one another go and see if the form gets better. My grip is sliding out. I meant to ask at the desk of they allow chalk but forgot. There are remnants of it on some bafs, but im betting the answer is no.

Bench press:

warmup: 45# 1(10), 95# 1(5), 135# 1(3)

workout: 185# 4, 2 + 1 roll of shame, 135# 1(5)

Barbell Row:

workout: 185# 3(5)

A lot of body English on reps 4 & 5. Will redo.

Shrug: 135# 3(8)

Skullz: 50# 3, 3

This time with an EZ curl bar and setting up from the floor. Maybe ill wait to do that when I can put 45s on it. Each time on rep 3 it felt.like my tricep was gonna snap, so I decided to move on. I need to stretch those guys out.

Incline Curls:

20# (per arm) 2(8), 6

So, I haven eaten any carby foods since Fri night, and didn't carb up before working out. Breakfast was bacon, eggs fried in coconut oil, kale, and coffee with coconut oil. I'm blaming that for the missed reps.

And I'll say it wasn't lack of determination because I really pushed hard on my squats today. I wanted to put the bar down after rep 4 on my last two sets, but I fucking did not. Even though the form was crappy, that got me two more reps. And that made it a good workout overall.

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge

Way to work through it! That is not always easy. Can't wait until I get to where you are on squats....

Hell... take your time. My squat has shot up quickly because I had a ton of quad strength from my old kung fu days and bicycling. My form has had numerous issues and even though I know i could be killing squats just with pure leg power, my form has not been great on the heaviest lifts. My upper body has a lot of catching up to do to support the heavier lifts for reps.

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge

Oh dear me gods... I have shit endurance. I biked to my Easter thing. Turns out it was farther across town than I thought. Then I tried to take a bike trail that I thought would take me very close, turned out it took me to far south...on the other aside of the ridge...ugh! I stuffed my face with delicious foods, drank 11 glasses of wine, then biked home.

Yup.

Keto starts tomorrow.

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge

Thanks Seth!

I installed alarm clock plus and have set up the math snooze/dismiss feature.

So tomorrow morning I'll have to solve 5 medium level math problems before my alarm will shut off.

• Like 1

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge

Yup, this would not go over well. She gets up 3 hours after I do for work and the flak I would catch would not be pleasant.

I think if I had that app, my other half would beat me to death for allowing the alarm to keep ringing that long while I solved the puzzles!

It actually quiets the instant you start entering numbers, but it will start back up if you wait more than 5 seconds or so.

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge

That's a brilliant alarm clock. Definitely know some people who could benefit from that.

And don't beat yourself up about the food. It's easter after all. Only time I go all out without feeling bad at all is birthdays (my own and family members otherwise it would be too often) and major holidays like easter, christmas and new year's ^^

Today I will do what others won't, so that tomorrow I can do what others can't

Battle Log - http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/43243-swes-path-fun-change/

It's hard to stay focused huh?  I found that even when faced with stress / business / lack of sleep, staying somewhat regular with workouts and diet helps mitigate any losses one might incur.  I'm currently feeling bogged down with school and the majority of my willpower is being channeled into getting my school work done.  In spite of that, I try to at least get my workouts done regardless of whether they 'feel' effective to me or not.  That plus proper nutrition means that there is limited reversal in progress.  

That's a brilliant alarm clock. Definitely know some people who could benefit from that.

And don't beat yourself up about the food. It's easter after all. Only time I go all out without feeling bad at all is birthdays (my own and family members otherwise it would be too often) and major holidays like easter, christmas and new year's ^^

Oddly enough I didn't even need it this morning. I woke up at 5 am, couldn't get back to sleep, so I just got up at like 6:30.

Not beating myself up over Easter, I saw it coming.

It's hard to stay focused huh? I found that even when faced with stress / business / lack of sleep, staying somewhat regular with workouts and diet helps mitigate any losses one might incur. I'm currently feeling bogged down with school and the majority of my willpower is being channeled into getting my school work done. In spite of that, I try to at least get my workouts done regardless of whether they 'feel' effective to me or not. That plus proper nutrition means that there is limited reversal in progress.

Yeah. The messed up thing is that with my depression thing, once one thing goes, they all go, and i wind up losing consistency on even one thing. I'm getting better though. My energy and focus this past week were lower than the week before, but still manageable.

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge

Today:

Goal 1: no snooze

Waking up at five and not being able to get back to sleep made this one easy.

Goal 2 exercise after work

I did a bit of stretching today while my dinner cooked. Focused on getting my triceps to stretch out by bending my elbows and trying to touch the ceiling with them.

Goal 3 Poverty paleo/keto

Ate nothing but chicken quarters and veggies all day. And, chicken leg quarters and bacon were on sale so I picked up some extra. I think I'm set for the week at least.

Goal 4 three strength training workouts a week.

Today was a rest day.

Life goal: school stuff

Read a paper but didn't write today. My lack of sleep got to me before I could get to my writing.

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines