• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bouldersnap

Bouldersnap's Third Challenge

Here goes my third challenge. Officially joining the Warrior's Guild after a full cycle in the level 1 Rebel guild. 

Summary of goals: Continue Milking Noob Gains for all they are worth.

Specifics:

Increase my strength adding 20 lbs to each of my work weights: Value - Str 5

I'm currently following SL 5x5 - but have slowed down the amount of weight I'm adding to each exercise to give my body time adjust while still cutting. I still add weight each lift just in smaller increments. I really hurt my progress in the gym with my continuous deep cut during through my last challenge. Fatigue set in and towards the end I started to lose strength under the bar as well as. The weights have started to get heavy for me which is a good thing, but I'm determined to make as much progress as I can while still cutting.

I'll get 1 Str point for each lift that makes the 20:

Starting work weights:

Dead lift: 200

Squat: 175

Bench:105

OHP:80

Row: 95

I also do push ups and dumbbell curls after my bench day. Pushups because I wanted to start something with body weight and haven't gotten a pull up bar yet/dumbbell curls because I like them. No real reason. If either starts hurting my progress I'll drop them. 

Cut Body Fat: Value - Cha 3

Still working on a cutting since I started working on my body in December. I've gone from 30% Body fat to 21%. I'm going to remain on a cut, but on a much slower cut so my recovery isn't as hampered with the heavier weights. The goal is to eat at least 1800 calories + my exercise. This is a huge increase from my previous eating habits. I was blindly following my fitness pal's 2 lb a week weight loss goal and had cut my calories all the way down to almost 1200+exercise - and it worked until I really started pushing my body. Time to reign it in but keep pushing forward building strength. I've also started paying attention to my macros more. I'm eating 150+ protein a day and keeping carbs to under 100. Fat is fat and it tastes awesome for now. The goal is to get ripped, not skinny. Grading A-F on average based on hitting my calorie & marco goals.

Data Analysis: Wis -3

Now that I have a reliable method of tracking my body fat in my arsenal I want to collect as much data as possible so I can use it to analyze what works best for me. The goal for this will be to collect all of my measurements, calorie & macro data from the last few months and analyze what is impacting what. Grading will be based on consistently collecting the data and offering up some summary analysis to the NF community for feedback on what is and is not working for me so I can come up with some summer goals.

Life Quest:

Whip my yard in shape for the summer: Values: Con - 2, Dex - 1, Sta - 1

I have a large plot of land in Massachusetts (3.5 acres) that needs it's annual upkeep done. Need to get my garden going and need to get more attention now that the snow has finally been banished back to Canada. 

I set 4 goals. Each is worth 1 assigned point if completed. 

1) Get the terrarium plants into the outdoor garden and set up. Value: Con - 1

2) Clear the brush on the right side of the property: Value Sta -1

3) Clean out garage area to make gardening tools and equipment accessible - Value Dex - 1 (If you seen my garage you would understand why this will improve my dexterity)

4) Finish clearing the space behind the garage to start a compost area - Value Con -1

Can't wait to get started on this! RAHH!!!

• Like 1

I'm using an app - "Fitter Fitness Calculator". It just uses body measurements vs weight to estimate your body fat. I'm sure it's horribly inaccurate - but it is consistent with itself. I assume it's similar to the navy tape measure method. I may not know my body fat, but I do know I've lost 9% of of my body fat. 

I know the challenge doesn't start till Monday, but my work out week starts on Saturday so I'm prepping to kick off tomorrow.

I also do weekly measurements on Friday so - Starting Stats for the new challenge:

Weight: 186.5

Bodyfat: 20%

Neck: 15.5"

Chest: 39"

Hips: 37"

Waist: 35.5"

Both Arms and Legs currently the same:

Forearms: 11"

Biceps: 13"

Thighs: 22.5"

Calves: 16"

Hey, hey Boulder looking good! Like your new Avatar.

Yes gardening, now I feel guilty about not making it one of my goals, but we are heading into Winter...........well that's my excuse!

Great goals, good luck with your Warrior challenge. :)

• Like 2

Hey there fellow gardener! 3.5 acres is a nice plot of land to work on! Good luck!

3.5 Acres but only 1 is cleared. so right now I have about a 400 sq foot garden. Just got a weather report that we are expect at least one more frost next week so I need to wait to plant, but I can till and fertilize now and get that out of the way. GO weekend!

• Like 1

Day -1: Since we officially start Monday

Great work out thus morning - First rime increasing weight in a week and hit all my 5x5's.
Amazing what eating more calories for a week will so to your energy and recovery. Just had dinner and am netting 1800 consistently since Wednesday. This looks promising. I'll report exact numbers on Fridays (my "Sunday" in my workout schedule).

For life goal progress I hit the stores, got some mulch and a couple bag of cow manure. i also got a bunny bird bath. (i couldn't resist my annual yard ornament). Tomorrow I'll snap some pictures as I get cracking.

I guess there really is something to this eating enough calories thing. I've gained a lb give or take since I last weighed in and lost an inch off my waist. It's only been a week so I doubt these are typical results but I'm not knocking having the pump back.

Started clearing the side yard yesterday. Cleared about a 200sq ft section of forest floor down to dirt before then rain started.

Well here's my workout for the last two days. I think I want a beer... haa anyone tried protein powder in beer?

Saturday 4/12:

Squat: Bodyweight 1x10

125 - 2x5

180 - 5x5

Bench: Bodyweight 1x10

65 - 2x5

107.5 - 5x5

Rows: Bodyweight 1x10

65 - 2x5

100 - 5x5

D.Bell Curl: 25 - 5x5

Pushups : 8

Monday 4/14

Squat: Bodyweight 1x10

125 - 2x5

185 - 5x5

OHP: Bodyweight 1x10

85 - 5/5/5/4/3

Deadlift: 100 - 1x5

135 - 1x5

200 - 1x4

• Like 2

Not a bad rest day. My OHP left my shoulders a little sore. I might need to start warming up more for them whether I like it or not. I was hoping to get a decent run in tonight but the rain had other plans... Oh well... I can run another day. 

Cottage cheese for dinner! YEAH!!!

• Like 1

Nice work! 200lb deadlift is my elusive goal

Thanks! If you had asked me at Thanksgiving if I would ever be able to deadlift more than my body weight I would have probably said "What's a deadlift?" 

I work on an 20 year old weight set from sears with a 15lb bar. I decided when I started I would break this set to earn myself olympic bars and weights... that's only about 100lbs away :) 

Thanks! If you had asked me at Thanksgiving if I would ever be able to deadlift more than my body weight I would have probably said "What's a deadlift?" 

I work on an 20 year old weight set from sears with a 15lb bar. I decided when I started I would break this set to earn myself olympic bars and weights... that's only about 100lbs away :)

What a great way to reward yourself! I think that's an awesome way to work towards your goal. 

Woke up this morning to long red scratches across my shoulders from the barbel when I squat yesterday. Are these battle scars I should be expecting or is there a good chance I'm a dumbass doing something wrong?  

Full workout update later today.