• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

I am Eve

All about Eve. Challenge number 10

It's hard to be away from your partner. It sounds like you're making good progress professionally and personally. Making good use of alone time to improve the person they love =]

Alcohol is tricky, kudos for bringing mindfulness to your use.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Great report?

Thank you Heidi, it can always get better but I'm not complaining

It's hard to be away from your partner. It sounds like you're making good progress professionally and personally. Making good use of alone time to improve the person they love =]

Alcohol is tricky, kudos for bringing mindfulness to your use.

Alcohol is tricky indeed - I am glad I made it a focus point for this challenge. Thank you for the positive feedback Tod!

Balance

Sitting and thinking about balance.

It's Thursday and a national holiday here. I slept in but woke up on my own at about nine. Did laundry as planned, had breakfast and finally cleaned the windows, they were so incredibly dirty,

Now I plan to go for my run, pick up my bike on the way from where I left it yesterday, do some shopping on the way back and then return home. After that yoga and some work/research stuff.

Now balance. I am tired, and I already took Monday evening off since I was experiencing stress symptoms (mainly getting annoyed/irritated at people at work - not showing it but feeling it). So there is a lot going on with the research and also I am doing my first "senior on-call" shift on Friday and I am a bit stressed about that. I am planning and preparing in a good way I think but right now 

I JUST WANT TO REST!!! LIE ON THE SOFA AND EAT ICECREAM AND WATCH YOUTUBE!!

the thing is, that I know that I don't recharge a lot of energy doing that. Instead I need to keep my balance. Yoga for inner peace, running for a good nights sleep, and so on.

It sucks that sometimes knowing what is the right thing to do doesn't make it easier. But I'll do it anyway...

• Like 1

I totally understand!

And good for you for finding a recharging path even when you wanted a wasteful one. (In its defense, ice cream was involved.)

Hope you are feeling centered and loved today.

Hi guys.

Yesterday I suffered a pretty major setback researchwise. I don't know if it is even possible to continue. At all.

I'm very disappointed and will go lick my wounds now. Back soon.

Wh-what? How did you get a setback research wise? That's such a pity. And I can imagine it is stressful when you're not sure you can continue. I hope you can still find a way to continue and if you need a brainstorming session... I'm happy to help. For now it is best to get everything in order for yourself. Maybe write things down, get everything out of your head for a bit and do something that takes your mind off of this, so you can look with a fresh head to this problem. Maybe that way you will find something that could still work. 

Wow. I imagine this stings quite a bit. Tell us what the roadblock is when you can, and remember to nuture yourself. Setbacks as wounds of their own.

Thanks guys, you are the best, really!!!

It seems, fortunately, that I might have overreacted a little (A LOT) emotionally. Fortunately the only one to experience this was one of my two advisors whom I emailed and told how miserable I was.

He wrote an amazing reply partly encouraging me in all the best ways and partly telling me that I'm getting into a whole different field and it is HARD in the beginning. Either I take it or I don't, kind of.

Also, coincidentally, my other advisor is the colleague I'm working parallel with on the helicopter today. She is very calm and simply said, well - then we will work on another approach .

And this is what I feel. Quitting is not an option.

It turns out the reply I got wasn't as negative as I interpreted it and I let my emotions run amok.

I did however manage to sleep and felt better today and somehow I knew I would. Is that what's called older and wiser.....?

Also. I am working a bit too much at the moment. Time for an evening of rest (if there are no flights ;-) 

• Like 1

Oh I'm so glad to hear that it wasn't as bad as you thought it was. That must be a relief.

It's good you got to talk to your advisors, it seems like they helped calm you down. You

got this, Eve, you will make a masterpiece, I'm sure of it! Believe in yourself, like your

signature says. :)

Oh well, it might not become a masterpiece but I will at least continue. Thank you for your pep talk!

So, summary of week three: a little early but my husband is arriving tonight and I'll have other priorities  :wub:

It has been a bit difficult and in general my energy levels are low. Nothing really surprising there since I have been working hard and added new tasks as well. I need to recover and recharge and will try to make that my focus next week.

Running

YAY - I dragged myself out today so that makes twice and an A.

I'm not very fast but I am improving and that feels good. I will keep on keeping on.

Yoga

Not sure what's going on there. My class was cancelled this week, unfortunately.

I did one full session this week only. 

Today I did a guided meditation and I did do short sessions the other days but somehow I have a block here. I was thinking about it today and it might be that I have difficulties getting close to myself when a lot of stuff is going on an troubling me emotionally. Not being ready to face what's going on. I don't know. Getting back into it next week with love, patience and understanding 

Alcohol

Twice - that makes an A!

Once was on the Monday when it was 19 degrees Celsius here and  I just took the evening off and went to have dinner outside treating myself. The other time was celebrating Walpurgis night with a good friend.

This makes 8 times in total so far

Research

Well - you might have read above what's been going on. I didn't get the time that I asked for with my proposal, got quite upset but recharged. This week I had a chance meeting with a possible mentor at work, very productive and fun. I also had a long phone conversation with one of my advisors, and a one on one conversation with the other.

Apart from that I spent some time preparing for being on call on the next level so to speak - and I count that in as well.

I give myself an A , most of all for not giving in!

Onwards towards week 4, with my husband and cat cheering me on!!

He had a rough weekend at home so tomorrow I am taking him out for a nice meal and some romance.....

• Like 1

You do medical transport on a helicopter?

Jealous!

I have to admit that it is quite satisfying  :onthego:

You're so right Tod 😄😄

Planning a proper check in soon-the week has been intense for us both.

We did manage a nice run yesterday after work though.....

Sunday

Rest day.

One of the best indicators that I need rest is that I have difficulties NOT planning a lot of stuff for today but just leave it - hang out with my husband and take it easy. So that's what I'm doing  :nevreness:  :nevreness:  :nevreness:

Started out with a yoga session with a harmony theme at my studio, felt amazing afterwards.

• Like 1

+1 for taking it easy days, and yoga sessions that make you feel amazing afterwards :D

It's just amazing to feel that inner high!

I'm the same eve. I stress a lot and try to relieve it with planning

I love planning! One of the most difficult things to handle regarding the fatigue syndrome is that even fun things can consume energy, and need to be limited at times.

It's Thursday, my husband is working nightshift and tomorrow we're both traveling north for a party.

Tonight I will NOT drink wine (there's been a lot of celebrating lately  :panda:  ), I will do laundry and yoga and I will pack and hang out with you guys!

There, laundry is in the machine, coffee is being had and here is a very late summary of week 4.

Yoga

Three times a long session (including the one at my studio), twice a short session and twice none (!).

I am going through some kind of phase evidently. There are different difficulties.One is that my mind says that either you do the program you created yourself, or you do nothing. That's just stupid, I know but yes - I have some OCD features  :playful: .So one of the sessions I forced myself out of the box, I was very drained  (more about that later) and just needed restorative poses. It was grand!

There is some kind of change going on, and I think it's a good one.

The two days I missed was just because I was out with my husband having a good time .......

Research

So I am in some kind of reorientation phase. 

Monday and Tuesday I practiced what I preach and handled a very difficult case. It was satisfying in the way that I am sure I made correct decisions and draining because of all the long conferences and talks with surgeons, colleagues and relatives.

On another day I talked about my research in general. I am slowly making a plan regarding what the next step is.

Running

Twice. It is slow and I am achy and my knees are funny and weird but I did it  :nevreness:

Alcohol

Well, my husband has been here and we have enjoyed ourselves. A lot. And it has been wonderful.....

I've had alcohol five times (!). I think that makes 13 all together and there will not be an A. Still, I am thinking more and making conscious choices and that was my aim. 

Finally, that was nice to do the writeup and feel less guilty  :panda:

Laundry is done, I cooked a really nice dinner, I took the cat out, I planned my packing for going north tomorrow, I did a guided meditation/yoga and I spent som time here  :nevreness:

Time to sleep!

Tuesday

I have a lot on my mind with a relative who is quite ill, I am going there straight after nightshift tomorrow to see what I can do to help.

Also, my visit at the dentists yesterday turned out to involve a bit more work than I had anticipated. I am ok but with some pain and most of all I'm tired.

I'll stick around as much as I can - now I'll take care of me with some yoga.