• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

I am Eve

All about Eve. Challenge number 10

It is the last day of the challenge and I have just woken up after having rested and slept for more than 12 hours. The week was too much with two nights on call (Tuesday and Friday) and the visit to my relative, I was just exhausted.

Today I just have a yoga class, and the rest will be catching up from the week and planning for the next.

I just have to laugh at myself. Next week involves three days of work and then catching a plane up north to go to a party and then flying here with the cat and husband on Sunday again. He is also getting quite exhausted with all the traveling and many other things going on with family. Tomorrow I am going to a "pool party" at a colleagues house and Tuesday is yoga day.

So, even though I am aware of these things I am thinking I might have coffee with a friend after yoga this afternoon, or go to a movie.....

I am insane!

The toughest things to resist doing when one has a fatigue syndrome, are the fun ones....But I have to.

I am going home after yoga. I'll fix myself a nice salad and take it easy. So there!!

Wauw, you're one busy person! :o All that travelling! But it all seems like a whole lot of fun, so be sure to enjoy it. :)

Summary of week 5 and 6

Week 5

Yoga

4 long sessions

2 short ones

Missed one day

Running

Once

I have something going on with both of my knees with pain and stiffness. 

Getting nervous that it is the same kind of arthritis that my aunts have

Research

Nothing organized. Some thinking and talking

Alcohol

6 times. This definitely needs more work. There were many things that were celebrated this week, including that my position at work is now a steady one instead of temporary

Week 6

Yoga

3 longer sessions

3 shorter sessions 

One day without yoga

Lots of ujjayi while being at the dentist's on Monday

Running

No running this week due to exhaustion and knee pain.

Walking and biking instead

Research

Nothing done in terms of writing or booking meetings.

A lot is going on in my mind.

Alcohol

5 times. This definitely needs to stay until next challenge  :nightmare:

Summary of the challenge

The last six weeks were tough.

A lot is going on, and I am balancing on the border of my abilities. As a matter of fact this week I crossed the border and got too exhausted. That is ok though, because I noticed it, and I rested, and I forgave myself, and I didn't feel like a failure.

The traveling makes me tired. I will need to be even more careful in the future because it will go on for several years, and during this fall I will be the only one traveling. 

Research, well, it has begun. Before my vacation I will start approaching possible mentors and meet up with my two inspirational colleagues. Everyone, I mean everyone that I tell about my plans  is so enthusiastic !

My yoga. I am getting back into the practice. I have been feeling resistance that I interpret as fear of approaching all the intense development that is going on. It feels a little easier now.

The running gets better but my knees are still acting up. I think the solution lies in balance and listening to the body.

Alcohol. Was it a failure? I don't think so. It was a start, and I need to keep working on my habits. I want to keep working on my habits.

Here are the numbers ;

Listening closely to ME

I want my yoga practice to grow with me. On the mat I create and maintain harmony, which makes the constant noise from the world more distant and I can hear my heart and read my heartbeat.

My daily practice has become less daily and I want to come back into it.

Yoga every day

One day a week I go to class

4 days a week I do my own one hour program at home.

The other two days I will spend varying amounts of time on the mat

Grading

A 42-39 times   B 38-35   C 34-31  D 30-27  E 26-23  F below 23

37 times, a B. Not too bad!

Making good choices for ME

It is time for something new. It is time to limit alcohol.

I enjoy drinking wine and I am not happy with my consumption, I put a silver lining on my day too often. 

It does not involve getting drunk and doing stupid things, but it does involve getting more tired in the morning and also of course more longterm negative health effects.

I am allowed alcohol maximum twice per week or 12 times in total during this challenge.

Grading

Pass or fail

FAIL! This I will keep for next challenge  :pirate:

I was more aware and made more conscious choices

Becoming the best version of ME

I need physical and mental strength. Through the last two years I have started running for exercise, building strength and letting out tension. Let it continue.

I will run outdoors 2 times per week, minimum 5 kilometers.

Oops, didn't add grading for some strange reason

I ran 8 times, maximum was 12. I give myself a C

Being true to ME

I have been carrying around a research plan for my thesis, in my head, for a very long time. Then I went on sick leave in 2011 and everything was put on hold. Now I have settled in my new workplace after having started in October, and a good friend, and academic scholar, has gently pushed me towards this decision.

I start from scratch and have no prior knowledge or schooling  in the field, and it scares me! So, what do I do when things scare me? I run towards them

1) Create a research plan good enough to apply for research time during the fall

Deadline April 22

2) Whatever comes after that - I don't really know yet because it will be part of the plan. Probably continue establish contact with tutors, and chart the lay of the land in my field thoroughly.

How to do this

My life is not empty with lots and lots of spare time to begin with.

I have earlier been very ill so I NEED to establish a plan that allows for rest and recovery.

So; Saturdays will be my rest day; no running, no research.

I will allocate a minimum of 6 hours per week or one hour per day for this.

However, this might be subject to change since I  really don't know how much time I will need yet.

Grading

-will relate to how good I am at keeping my rest day free of activity: pass or fail

-will relate to if I manage to submit my plan on the 22

The grading here is definitely pass, and I am looking forward to the future!

• Like 1

Good work and great insight. I also have an alcohol limit for next challenge, so let me know if you continue yours and we can cry in our unsweetened tea together. :)

Summary of the challenge

The last six weeks were tough.

A lot is going on, and I am balancing on the border of my abilities. As a matter of fact this week I crossed the border and got too exhausted. That is ok though, because I noticed it, and I rested, and I forgave myself, and I didn't feel like a failure.

The traveling makes me tired. I will need to be even more careful in the future because it will go on for several years, and during this fall I will be the only one traveling. 

Research, well, it has begun. Before my vacation I will start approaching possible mentors and meet up with my two inspirational colleagues. Everyone, I mean everyone that I tell about my plans  is so enthusiastic !

My yoga. I am getting back into the practice. I have been feeling resistance that I interpret as fear of approaching all the intense development that is going on. It feels a little easier now.

The running gets better but my knees are still acting up. I think the solution lies in balance and listening to the body.

Alcohol. Was it a failure? I don't think so. It was a start, and I need to keep working on my habits. I want to keep working on my habits.

Here are the numbers ;

Listening closely to ME

I want my yoga practice to grow with me. On the mat I create and maintain harmony, which makes the constant noise from the world more distant and I can hear my heart and read my heartbeat.

My daily practice has become less daily and I want to come back into it.

Yoga every day

One day a week I go to class

4 days a week I do my own one hour program at home.

The other two days I will spend varying amounts of time on the mat

Grading

A 42-39 times   B 38-35   C 34-31  D 30-27  E 26-23  F below 23

37 times, a B. Not too bad!

Making good choices for ME

It is time for something new. It is time to limit alcohol.

I enjoy drinking wine and I am not happy with my consumption, I put a silver lining on my day too often. 

It does not involve getting drunk and doing stupid things, but it does involve getting more tired in the morning and also of course more longterm negative health effects.

I am allowed alcohol maximum twice per week or 12 times in total during this challenge.

Grading

Pass or fail

FAIL! This I will keep for next challenge  :pirate:

I was more aware and made more conscious choices

Becoming the best version of ME

I need physical and mental strength. Through the last two years I have started running for exercise, building strength and letting out tension. Let it continue.

I will run outdoors 2 times per week, minimum 5 kilometers.

Oops, didn't add grading for some strange reason

I ran 8 times, maximum was 12. I give myself a C

Being true to ME

I have been carrying around a research plan for my thesis, in my head, for a very long time. Then I went on sick leave in 2011 and everything was put on hold. Now I have settled in my new workplace after having started in October, and a good friend, and academic scholar, has gently pushed me towards this decision.

I start from scratch and have no prior knowledge or schooling  in the field, and it scares me! So, what do I do when things scare me? I run towards them

1) Create a research plan good enough to apply for research time during the fall

Deadline April 22

2) Whatever comes after that - I don't really know yet because it will be part of the plan. Probably continue establish contact with tutors, and chart the lay of the land in my field thoroughly.

How to do this

My life is not empty with lots and lots of spare time to begin with.

I have earlier been very ill so I NEED to establish a plan that allows for rest and recovery.

So; Saturdays will be my rest day; no running, no research.

I will allocate a minimum of 6 hours per week or one hour per day for this.

However, this might be subject to change since I  really don't know how much time I will need yet.

Grading

-will relate to how good I am at keeping my rest day free of activity: pass or fail

-will relate to if I manage to submit my plan on the 22

The grading here is definitely pass, and I am looking forward to the future!

Anybody mind if I quote from Batman Begins?

No?

Ok!

Why do we fall, Master Bruce? So we can earn to pick ourselves up.

In my (not so) humble opinion, there really is no failure if you are conscious of how hard you tried. The fact that you recognize that there was a "failure" goes to show that you can definitely accomplish any goal you truly wish to set yourself out for.

That being said, Great Job on the challenge, I will definitely be forum stalking your next one!

1316049-high_five_cat.jpg

• Like 1

Anybody mind if I quote from Batman Begins?

No?

Ok!

Why do we fall, Master Bruce? So we can earn to pick ourselves up.

In my (not so) humble opinion, there really is no failure if you are conscious of how hard you tried. The fact that you recognize that there was a "failure" goes to show that you can definitely accomplish any goal you truly wish to set yourself out for.

That being said, Great Job on the challenge, I will definitely be forum stalking your next one!

1316049-high_five_cat.jpg

Thank you:-)