Anathema's Hideous Undead Afterworld of Awesome

Anathema

After being Embraced by the Covenant of the Scouts (a really weird cabal of vampires who, despite being eternally young and gorgeous still go to the gym...and despite being able to subsist only on mortal blood still enjoy a nice kale smoothie), neonate Anathema must level up her skills and work hard to succeed in the World of Darkness. As a member of Invictus, she values mortal trappings of success so will reward herself financially as follows for these key Kindred disciplines & merits:

Celerity: Vampires can move faster than the mortal eye can see. To gain an extra dot in this discipline, continue to follow the marathon training plan established last Challenge. $1 per success day.

Protean: How to reshape this undead form? Well, she can learn to sprout hideous wings and claws like a Gangrel...or just get better at tracking food and exercise. $1 for each day tracked & reported here (full tracking of EVERYTHING consumed). Extra $1 if calorie deficit of at least 500 calories (using FitBit, so daily goals are hopefully relatively accurate).

Auspex: Mom always said eat your carrots for good eyesight (holla Bunnicula!). To further develop heightened senses that assist in preying upon unwary mortals, eat at least 3 servings each of fruit & veg per day. $1 for each day of success.

Obfuscate: Or, in this case, de-obfuscate. Anathema's vampire haven is hiding under mounds of crap. Old stakes, leftover holy water. Where did that come from? It's dangerous to leave this stuff everywhere, vampire hunters might use it to their advantage. Following the "40 bags in 40 days" guidelines, one bag of stuff a day leaves the house (or is placed in a staging area for donation/garbage pickup). Schedule big garbage/donation pickup for end of Challenge so the staged stuff doesn't sit there forever. $1 for every day goal achieved.

Bonus goal: Elysium. Invictus are all about networking. Anathema is all about networking...except when she gets super stressed out and distracted and ignores her volunteer commitments. Do something for one of her volunteer groups every day (it can be something tiny like just sending one darn tweet.) $1 for every day of success.

Let the Requiem begin.

Vampire photoshoot on Mare Island

• Like 2

Level 9 * Eladrin Scout

Clan: Mek'het   *   Covenant: Invictus

"An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered.

An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered."

––G. K. Chesterton

Earn all the dots!

Scout 30/Ranger 1 (3 skipped)

Spoiler

"I must not fear. / Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing......Only I will remain."
-Litany Against Fear

Facebook | Twitter | Runkeeper | Strava
Shukar Still Isn't Lion

Bite all the victims!

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

I think we have the beginnings of a rap song here . . . "First ya get the merit dots, then ya bite the vicitms, then ya get the cash, yo!"

Level 9 * Eladrin Scout

––G. K. Chesterton

Week One, Day One

Monday, April 14 • 148.8 lbs

Training: 25 min heavy strength. Shorter than I'd have preferred, but still counts. • $1

Tracking: Yep (see) below + 900 calorie deficit • $2

Fruit & Veg: Yep! • 1

Bag-a-Day: Clothing Swap cancelled :( but stuff securely packed and stowed away for next swap, out of the cluttered area. • $1

Volunteer: Sent one tweet for industry group. A tiny thing, but it's something! • $1

Total: $6  •   Total for Challenge: $6

Foods:

Smoothie w/ pineapple, strawberries, kale & nonfat yogurt

Chicken Breast

Saltines

Tea w/ protein-plus milk

Beef jerky

That one small bit of candy I allowed myself, mindfully (see: Epic Side Challenge)

2 small corn tortillas 2/ spicy bean spread

Balance Bar

Brown rice tuna sushi

Apple

Small handful CHeez-Its (non ideal but small!)

Late-night snack: 2 dill pickles

Level 9 * Eladrin Scout

––G. K. Chesterton

Week One, Day One

Monday, April 14 • 148.8 lbs

Training: 25 min heavy strength. Shorter than I'd have preferred, but still counts. • $1

Tracking: Yep (see) below + 900 calorie deficit • $2

Fruit & Veg: Yep! • 1

Bag-a-Day: Clothing Swap cancelled :( but stuff securely packed and stowed away for next swap, out of the cluttered area. • $2

Volunteer: Sent one tweet for industry group. A tiny thing, but it's something! • $1

Total: $7  •   Total for Challenge: $7

Foods:

Chicken Breast

Saltines

Tea w/ protein-plus milk

Beef jerky

That one small bit of candy I allowed myself, mindfully (see: Epic Side Challenge)

2 small corn tortillas 2/ spicy bean spread

Balance Bar

Brown rice tuna sushi

Apple

Small handful CHeez-Its (non ideal but small!)

Late-night snack: 2 dill pickles

Great first day!! Way to go on the declutter... that is a big task!

Level 7 DINOSAUR Scout
STR: 9 - CON: 12 - DEX: 6 - STA: 10 - WIS: 16 - CHA: 11
Current Challenge
Scouts Base Camp
Scouts Tavern

We are trying to declutter as well.  Great start.

I feel a little left out -- are all these terms from the Vampire LARP?

Current Challenge: (Feb-Mar 21) Step by Step

My Epic Quest Character Sheet  *** Old Challenges and Links hidden below

Spoiler

My Old Battle Log

(2012) 1st (Scout) 2nd (Scout) *** (2013) 3rd (Warrior) 4th (Warrior) 5th (Warrior) 6th (Assassin) ***

(2014) 7th (Ranger) 8th (Scout) 9th (Monk) 10th (Scout) *** (2015) 11th (Ranger) 12th (Ranger) 13th (Ranger) 14th (Ranger) 15th (Scout) 16th (Scout) *** (2016) 17th (Ranger) 18th (Scout) 19th (Scout) 20th (Rebel)

(2021) 21st (Adventurer)

Past groups: The Wild Hunt 6 *** The Serenity Crew *** The Wild Hunt 5 *** The Wild Hunt 4 *** The Wild Hunt 3 *** The Wild Hunt 2 *** The Wild Hunt 1 *** Browncoats

Achievements: (20 Sep 2014) Completed first half marathon *** (17 Feb 2014) Finished mission to bring body fat from over 25% to under 12% over six months (trying to repeat that now)

Hi Erick! Yay, hadn't seen you round yet, hoped you weren't sitting this one out (I mean unless that was the right thing to do, of course). Now I know to head on over to the Monks and find you!

This is from Vampire: The Requiem, which is part of the World of Darkness RPG (I think there's a LARP version, which would be hecka fun, but we're doing it as a basic tabletop). My friends and I are deep into a long-running game right now--to the point that my bestie and I are going to get jackets with our Covenant symbols screened on the back. Because we're just that geeky.

I'd seen other folks doing gaming or other themed Challenges, and figured heck, I'll give it a go. I sent it to the Storyteller for our game and he was . . . amused. (He's also a fitness fanatic--we're doing our best to battle the "pasty white basement dweller who lives on Hot Pockets" stereotype of tabletop gamers!

Level 9 * Eladrin Scout

––G. K. Chesterton

I was  exposed to the World Of Darkness RPG (Vampire and Werewolf variants) in college *hmf* years ago, but the people who played them dressed up and did arcane hand signals to determine combat actions.  I did not get into it at the time.   But your version sounds fun.

Spoiler

My Old Battle Log

(2012) 1st (Scout) 2nd (Scout) *** (2013) 3rd (Warrior) 4th (Warrior) 5th (Warrior) 6th (Assassin) ***

(2014) 7th (Ranger) 8th (Scout) 9th (Monk) 10th (Scout) *** (2015) 11th (Ranger) 12th (Ranger) 13th (Ranger) 14th (Ranger) 15th (Scout) 16th (Scout) *** (2016) 17th (Ranger) 18th (Scout) 19th (Scout) 20th (Rebel)

(2021) 21st (Adventurer)

Past groups: The Wild Hunt 6 *** The Serenity Crew *** The Wild Hunt 5 *** The Wild Hunt 4 *** The Wild Hunt 3 *** The Wild Hunt 2 *** The Wild Hunt 1 *** Browncoats

Achievements: (20 Sep 2014) Completed first half marathon *** (17 Feb 2014) Finished mission to bring body fat from over 25% to under 12% over six months (trying to repeat that now)

Went out to lunch with friends and had Indian food. Could have had less, but I tracked everything, didn't get anything with cream sauce, and then really only had a few little things for the rest of the day because I actually wasn't hungry. Of course, when Joe got onion rings, I did eat a few, but not a lot. So, it wasn't a perfect day, but I did stick with the mindful eating, and didn't go crazy (Joe also got pizza and i didn't eat any of that).

Week One, Day Two

Tuesday, April 15 • 147.8 lbs

Training: 4 mile zombie run • $1

Tracking: Yep (see) + 500 calorie deficit • $2

Fruit & Veg: Yep! • $1

Bag-a-Day: Second bag of clothes packed up and stowed • $1

Volunteer: Sent in extension for taxes, plus a tweet • $1

Total: $6  •   Total for Challenge: $12

Foods:

Chicken Breast

Tea w/ protein-plus milk

High-fiber mini-muffin

Wasabi peas

Palaak Paneer over rice (not a lot)

Small amount of naan

Samosa

Chai

Applesauce

Beef jerky

A few of Joe's onion rings (like maybe 4 or 5)

5 Brazil nuts

Level 9 * Eladrin Scout

––G. K. Chesterton

Ka-Ching!

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

"Bag a day" is awesome.  And the running and food stuff too.

Spoiler

My Old Battle Log

(2021) 21st (Adventurer)

Week One, Day Three

Slightly awkward night at dance since my usual buffers weren't there, it was a lightly populated night, so i kind of had no option but to hang out with the emotionally-triggering crowd. It was better than I would have feared and, best of all, despite my having a strong urge to get a cocktail to deal with the social awkwardness, I didn't. So, yay me!

Wednesday, April 16 • 147.8 lbs

Training: swing dance night • $1

Tracking: Yep (see) + 800 calorie deficit • $2

Bag-a-Day: Final (?) big bag of swap clothes bagged & stashed • $1

Volunteer: A tweet, plus email to person I need to meet with• $1

Total: $6  •   Total for Challenge: $18

Foods:

Smoothie w pineapple, kale, nonfat yogurt

Tea w protein milk

Saltines

Beef jerky

Wasabi peas

Low-fat Cobb salad

More beef jerky

More wasabi peas

Luna bar

Chicken Breast

Tea w/ protein-plus milk

High-fiber mini-muffin

Wasabi peas

Palaak Paneer over rice (not a lot)

Small amount of naan

Samosa

Chai

Applesauce

Beef jerky

A few of Joe's onion rings (like maybe 4 or 5)

5 Brazil nuts

Level 9 * Eladrin Scout

––G. K. Chesterton

So I took my car in to the shop for what seemed like a minor thing. Which turned out to be a potentially major and expensive thing. I had left work and dashed across the bay to get it in once the shop said they could take it (but would be closed Good Friday so I had to get it there RIGHT THEN). Which, only point being didn't eat lunch. Then waited at the shop forever while the very nice man tried to figure out a cheap fix. Then they decided to order a part, keep the car til Monday (it's not drivable). His wife gave me a ride to the train. I rode the train to my stop, make the long-ish hike home (sure am glad I keep flats in my desk and thought to change shoes before leaving in a hurry!). Walk takes me past Whole Foods. I said, it's 3, I skipped lunch, I'm starving and cranky, I deserve food! I really wanted cookies or ice cream or fried food but I got chicken and veggies over rice. Not a lot of rice. And then I let myself have a relatively low-calorie strawberry popsicle. Felt like a victory for mindfulness.

Thursday, April 17 • 146.8 lbs

Training: 30 min run with the dog • $1

Tracking: Yep (see) but only a 400 calorie deficit so no bonus• $1

Bag-a-Day: Brought bag of shoes to friend who shares my size • $1

Volunteer: Whole bunch of job listings posted • $1

Total: $5  •   Total for Challenge: $23

Foods:

Smoothie w pineapple, kale, and yogurt

Wasabi peas

Chicken breast

Stewed chicken & lots of veg over rice

Half a corn fritter

Strawberry popsicle

Turkey sandwich on wheat w lite mayo

Apple

Coconut water

Small beef patty

Level 9 * Eladrin Scout

––G. K. Chesterton

Friday, April 18 • 145.8 lbs

Training: bike ride • $1

Tracking: Yep (see) but only a 350 calorie deficit so no bonus• $1

Bag-a-Day: Packed up non-swap-worthy clothes for Salvation Army • $1

Volunteer: Sent email about joining industry group, also setting up committee meeting • $1

Total: $5  •   Total for Challenge: $28

Foods:

Smoothie w strawberries, kale, protein powder

Saltines

Tea w protein milk

Apple

Broccoli slaw w light ranch

Brown rice w veggies

2 corn tortillas w low-fat bean dip

Corn chips

Protein bar

Grande nonfat chai

Level 9 * Eladrin Scout

––G. K. Chesterton

Hoorah for victory for mindfulness!  Boo for expensive and inconvenient vehicle repairs!

Spoiler

My Old Battle Log

(2021) 21st (Adventurer)

Saturday, April 19 • 144.2 lbs

Training: core strength • $1

Tracking: really lost track as it was a busy day and I ate some less than awesome things. Oh well, one day of slack isn't too bad.

Fruit & Veg: darn it, one veg short. Should have eaten a small salad when I got home.

Bag-a-Day: Packed up non-swap-worthy clothes for Salvation Army • $1

Volunteer: 2.5 hour volunteer stint at an event. Doing good and having fun! • $1

Total: $2  •   Total for Challenge: $31

Foods:

Level 9 * Eladrin Scout

––G. K. Chesterton

Bunch of catching up. May not recall everything perfectly, but better than not reporting at all! Out late Staurday, had izza at games night and then a couple of drinks at the late-night event. So, pretty off plan and the jump in weight shows it--pizza bloat!

Sunday, April 20 • 146.2 lbs

Training: 9 mile run • $1

Tracking: Yes, not going to type all of it for Sun cuz just too time consuming. So, not gonna give myself the reward. But I do get calories deficit reward. • $1

Fruit & Veg: Yes • $1

Bag-a-Day: Ton of books packed up for donation • $1

Volunteer: Couple of job listing found & posted to my networking group • $1

Total: $5  •   Total for Challenge: $36

Monday, April 21 • 145.2 lbs

Training: long bike ride + salsa dance class • $1

Tracking: Yes, and calorie deficit. • $2

Bag-a-Day: More books packed up for donation • $1

Volunteer: Can't recall so let's say no • $0

Total: $5  •   Total for Challenge: $41

Food for Monday:

Chicken breast

Tea w protein milk

2 clementines

2 corn tortillas w light butter

Mediterranean platter lunch

(falafel, hummus, salad, dolmas, pita)

A few of Ian's french fries. Maybe more than a few.

Salad w lettuce, olives, lite ranch

Apple

Handful of croutons (non-ideal. Got home late, carb-starved. Do better next time!)

Hearts of palm

Level 9 * Eladrin Scout

––G. K. Chesterton

Tuesday, April 22 • 146.2 lbs

Training: long bike ride  • $1

Tracking: Yes, but no calorie deficit. • $1

Bag-a-Day: No, so busy just spaced. Will do 2 today! • 0

Volunteer: Committee meeting scheduled. • $1

Total: $4  •   Total for Challenge: $45

Food for Tuesday:

Smoothie w strawberries, kale, protein powder

Chicken breast

Tea w protein milk

1/2 turkey sandwich

Small chicken tikka masala wrap

Clementines

Black bean soup over brown rice w/ spinach added

Corn tortilla w peanut butter

Wine, sip of Grace's booze

Level 9 * Eladrin Scout

––G. K. Chesterton

Yikes. Total fall of rails few days. Actually did okay with sticking to program but didn't track and then had giant blowout weekend with husband. It was fun, it was romantic, it also involved too much drinking and staying up late. On balance, it was worth it (our schedules and various health things mean we don't get tht many crazy happy weekends together). That said, I am adding two reporting things to my list.

1. No booze. It was okay to have a crazy debaucherous weekend. Only happens a few times a year for us. That said, I know me, and I know that can slide into more regular drinking, and that's not good for mind, body, or training program. So I am specifically making "no booze" a reporting item.

2. 10 minutes of cleaning a day. This was on a prior challenge and it really makes a difference. I thought my decluttering would serve the same purpose, but decluttering doesn't clear the kitchen counters or pick up the socks that *someone* scatters on the floor. So adding it back in.

Yes, that makes a lot of reporting items, but I think it'll work for me since one is a thing I generally am able to stick to anyway (no booze), but just want the extra accountability. And the other is something I was doing pretty steadily, but it's just fallen off because, um, lazy.

Level 9 * Eladrin Scout

––G. K. Chesterton

Week 3, Day 1

Monday, April 28 • 144.4 lbs

Training: salsa class  • $1

Tracking: Yes, but only 450 calorie deficit • $1

Fruit & Veg: No--tons of veg, no fruit. D'oh • $0

Bag-a-Day: yes, bunch of books set aside for donation • $1

Volunteer: D'oh! Totally forgot • $0

10 Minutes of Cleaning: yep • $1

No booze: Last cocktail for rest of challenge. Including at the work party this afternoon. Luckily it's a tequila sampling and I hate tequila! That makes it easy! • $0

Total: $4  •   Total for Challenge: $49

Food for Monday:

2 tortillas w cheese and avocado (and salsa of course)

1 slice pizza (Ian brought it to work and made lunch for us! How could I say no? Also, being a dude, he served me one tiny piece and at 4 himself. So my sin was not so great . . .)

Tons of roast veggies + yams

Stir-fried chicken

Vodka. Sigh. Last one. This is for reals.

Level 9 * Eladrin Scout

––G. K. Chesterton

Pizza isn't sin, it's just food, but you're right that it's best just to stick to one piece, not 4!

• Like 1

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines