Anathema's Hideous Undead Afterworld of Awesome

Anathema

Ugh. Still sick. I think I'll try a very gentle workout tonight, maybe more stretching than anything else. People at my work are all calling in sick, apparently some sort of bug going around. I should probably stay home but I am so stressed out about deadlines, I think I wouldn't really get much rest. Sigh,

Level 9 * Eladrin Scout

Clan: Mek'het   *   Covenant: Invictus

"An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered.

An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered."

––G. K. Chesterton

Get some rest. If you haven't got your health, then you haven't got anything.

Current Challenge: (Feb-Mar 21) Step by Step

My Epic Quest Character Sheet  *** Old Challenges and Links hidden below

Spoiler

My Old Battle Log

(2012) 1st (Scout) 2nd (Scout) *** (2013) 3rd (Warrior) 4th (Warrior) 5th (Warrior) 6th (Assassin) ***

(2014) 7th (Ranger) 8th (Scout) 9th (Monk) 10th (Scout) *** (2015) 11th (Ranger) 12th (Ranger) 13th (Ranger) 14th (Ranger) 15th (Scout) 16th (Scout) *** (2016) 17th (Ranger) 18th (Scout) 19th (Scout) 20th (Rebel)

(2021) 21st (Adventurer)

Past groups: The Wild Hunt 6 *** The Serenity Crew *** The Wild Hunt 5 *** The Wild Hunt 4 *** The Wild Hunt 3 *** The Wild Hunt 2 *** The Wild Hunt 1 *** Browncoats

Achievements: (20 Sep 2014) Completed first half marathon *** (17 Feb 2014) Finished mission to bring body fat from over 25% to under 12% over six months (trying to repeat that now)

Okay, I think I'm back to the land of the living. I was just so tired and cranky for days couldn't focus on plan, or anything really. Actually didn't fully stop my Challenge stuff, but just too exhausted and overwhelmed to track. So, back to tracking today (Wednesday). I thought I slept better last night but when I said that my husband said no, actually I was tossing and turning and waking up talking in my sleep, and stuff. Oh well, sounds like I still slept better than he did! :-P

Tonight is swing dance night. Technically I shouldn't stay out late on my first day back from being sickly, but swing dance makes me happy, plus my friend who just broke up w his girlfriend will be there and I want to see him,add to the chorus of "yes you did the right thing. No you're not going to die alone and unloved under the freeway in a refrigerator box because you're single at 30."

So, unless I'm feeling reeeaaallyyyyy spent, I'll go to swing dance for a bit, obviously not drink (no boozes!) and come home early. That's the plan!

• Like 1

Level 9 * Eladrin Scout

––G. K. Chesterton

Week 5, Day 4 • Thursday, May 15 • 146.4 lbs

Largely better. Man, that was a week of low energy. Still not 100%, but much much much better.

Training: just did a long walk cuz still getting better • $0

Tracking: yes + calorie deficit • $2

Fruit & Veg: dang it, not enough veg º $0

Bag-a-Day: no • $0

Volunteer: major moves towards committee merger • $1

10 Minutes of Cleaning: no • $0

No booze: no boozes • $1

Total: $4  •   Total for Challenge: $78

Level 9 * Eladrin Scout

––G. K. Chesterton

Week 5, Day 5 • Friday, May 15 • 145.8 lbs

Training: zombie run • 1

Tracking: yes + calorie deficit • $2

Fruit & Veg: yes • $1

Bag-a-Day: yes--unloved toiletries and cosmetics • $1

Volunteer: major moves towards committee merger • $1

10 Minutes of Cleaning: yes • $1

No booze: one boozes • $0

Total: $7  •   Total for Challenge: $85

Level 9 * Eladrin Scout

––G. K. Chesterton

Week 5, Day 6 • Saturday, May 17 • 145 lbs

Training: long weights workout • $1

Tracking: not really • $0

Fruit & Veg: yep! º $1

Bag-a-Day: unloved cosmetics and toiletries • $1

Volunteer: no • $1

No booze: one boozes • $0

Total: $5  •   Total for Challenge: $83

Week 5, Day 7 • Sunday, May 18 • 146 lbs

Well, this was a low-accomplishment day. Ah well, Saturday was good, and gathering steam for a strong finish to the Challenge!

Training: 5-mile run • $1

Tracking: no • $0

Fruit & Veg: no º $0

Bag-a-Day: no • $0

Volunteer: no • 0

10 Minutes of Cleaning: yes • $0

No booze: nope • $0

Total: $1  •   Total for Challenge: $79

Level 9 * Eladrin Scout

––G. K. Chesterton

Week 6, Day 1 • Monday, May 19 • 146 lbs

Training: salsa class • $1

Tracking: yes most of day but fell apart at end • $0

Fruit & Veg: yes º $1

Bag-a-Day: yes, unloved cosmetics • $1

Volunteer: couple of emails • 1

No booze: nope • $0

Total: $5  •   Total for Challenge: $84

Week 6, Day 2 • Tuesday, May 20 • 147 lbs (yikes! too many late-night snacks)

Training: strength workout • $1

Tracking: yes most of day but fell apart at end • $0

Fruit & Veg: yes º $1

Bag-a-Day: yes, office stuff • $1

Volunteer: couple of emails • 1

No booze: no booze • $1

Total: $6  •   Total for Challenge: $90

Level 9 * Eladrin Scout

––G. K. Chesterton

That has been a lot of unloved cosmetics! 

I think you are doing great on the un-cluttering front.  I hope that your place feels more open.

Spoiler

My Old Battle Log

(2012) 1st (Scout) 2nd (Scout) *** (2013) 3rd (Warrior) 4th (Warrior) 5th (Warrior) 6th (Assassin) ***

(2014) 7th (Ranger) 8th (Scout) 9th (Monk) 10th (Scout) *** (2015) 11th (Ranger) 12th (Ranger) 13th (Ranger) 14th (Ranger) 15th (Scout) 16th (Scout) *** (2016) 17th (Ranger) 18th (Scout) 19th (Scout) 20th (Rebel)

(2021) 21st (Adventurer)

Past groups: The Wild Hunt 6 *** The Serenity Crew *** The Wild Hunt 5 *** The Wild Hunt 4 *** The Wild Hunt 3 *** The Wild Hunt 2 *** The Wild Hunt 1 *** Browncoats

Achievements: (20 Sep 2014) Completed first half marathon *** (17 Feb 2014) Finished mission to bring body fat from over 25% to under 12% over six months (trying to repeat that now)

Heh. Well, not all bags are as ig as others, but as a big costuming geek, I tend to hang onto things because, well, you never know when they might come in handy again. Of course I saved my regular work makeup and a basic zombie makeup kit (because that always comes in handy), but really, the rest is pretty replaceable. And the moisturizers that I got somewhere as a gift and never used, and all that.

The house is feeling a lot more open. I was able to empty out an entire small bookshelf by giving away books, and move it into the coat closet, where it now helps prevent that closet getting cluttered w shoes, bags, etc.

I've just started on my office room, which will yield lots of power supplies for computers I don't own anymore, art supplies for crafts I will never actually do, and so on . . . of course my husband won't let me touch his art studio or the garage where he keeps a bunch of random stuff, so the battle will not be entirely finished, but at least the clutter can be contained to his man caves!

• Like 1

Level 9 * Eladrin Scout

––G. K. Chesterton

As a clutterer of man caves I approve of your efforts, and your discretion.

Spoiler

My Old Battle Log

(2021) 21st (Adventurer)

Hyep. Lots of good numbers. I love decluttering and I am enjoying the vicarious joy of reading about yours. Basic zombie make-up and basic work make-up eh? Those sound like the basics for sure. ;-)

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

So . . . this is the first Challenge where I really didn't lose the plot partway through (and then rally at the end but still . . .). I'd say x% finally largely getting over the horrible friend-implosion events of last year (fun fact . . . best friend breakup can be worse than romantic breakup. Well, maybe especially if you had that past with best friend too, but still. It was awaful and instead of a clean break it dragged on foreeeeeeever. And led to lots of sads an drinking and eating bad food and all the unhelpful things sads too often lead to). But I think the other thing was really using the Scouts as a whole as my acountability group (plus various scattered former Scouts and suchly). Accountabilibuddies sort of worked for me in the past, but with smaller groups, if too many people rift away, it's easy to lose the plot.

So, anyway, I felt good about this one. Learned a lot. Got rid of tons of house crap. Here's the rundown:

Training: Did really well with the "something every day." Didn't do as much strength as I like (huh, almost like I'm really a runner at heart, imagine that). But that's a thing I'm going to make a goal next time. My coworker and dear friend has been working diligently on pullups, and now does one pretty much every time we pass a scaffolding on the street or something. i want to hop up next to him and do one too. Maybe two.

Tracking: Pretty good, with lots of gaps. I have a plan to enforce better tracking next time using my monetary reward program.

Fruit & Veg: This was really good. I think I've developed habits that I'm going to be able to keep implementing even if this isn;t one of my official goals. And I actually wake up craving my strawberry/kale smoothie!

Bag-a-Day: Not every single day, but most of them, and my giant book/CD giveaway the day of my neighborhood's block sale probably was a whole week's worth of bags if done one at a time!

Volunteer: Did really well with this. Really well. Super psyched.

10 Minutes of Cleaning: Pretty good. This was a carryover "not official" goal but rteporting on it helps me keep doing it and help keep my house fomo being buried in water bottles and cat fur.

No booze: Not as well as I'd like. Never in a creepy super-trashed way, never even had a hangover, but more "oh just one cocktail" weeknights than I like. Which might be okay except then I snack. Figuring out way to make it a more solid goal next time.

Overall, a solid Challenge. I'm pleased.

Level 9 * Eladrin Scout

––G. K. Chesterton

Good work - you had a lot of diverse goals and you've put in a solid showing across the board.

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

Great work week after week this challenge.  I am interested in seeing the fruit of all your volunteering labors!  I am also very glad to have been able to follow you on your challenge.

Spoiler

My Old Battle Log

(2021) 21st (Adventurer)

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines