TennisGeek's Clean Winner

TennisGeek

The main quest -

Win a Wimbledon Championship. I know it's a rocky road.

13765528364_9c082ce194.jpg

First of all, I have to beat the guy above. That probably means that I have to be way better than anyone in my tennis club which is already difficult.

That means, I need power, endurance and time to practice tennis.

Oh, right. I moved from Adventurer. Hey, every one!

The goals:

#1 Organize My Room completely

You'd say "Huh?". But that way, I don't waste time anymore to look for stuff in my room.

So, it makes time to play more tennis!

In previous challenge, one of goals was "throw one thing away every day", and the clutter has been noticeably reduced.

Now is the time to organize/label/catalog my possessions.

To do this, I will spend 15 minutes every day in my room to organize.

One of following tasks

Label or bacode the storage containers

Put things in a container and put entries into "Delicious Libraries 3"

Throw stuff away.

Count days I've done above tasks. 42 is the full score.

WIS +3

#2 Improve Endurance

I will ride my bike 10 miles/day. So, it's going to be 420 miles total.

The award depends on the total mileage. The distance is logged by "Runtastic Rode Bike". 

420 is the full score.

STA +3

#3 Strength Training

Since I spend many hours on tennis court, it's been difficult to train myself. Twice a week works for me.

12 is the full score.

STR +3

#4 Life quest - Stay calm and play nice with my family

Count days I did not annoy anyone in my family and do some kind of meaningful convo.

Full score is 42.

CHA +3

Side quest:

This is as important as any other goal to me. It's been a long time I haven't gone to bed in reasonable time.

Go to bed before 1am.

Full score is 42

CON +3

That's it. Let's start the game!

12713834495_af4df02cc1.jpg

• Like 3

Racquet wielding rock gnome: Ranger - L6 - STR: 13, DEX: 8, STA: 13.5, CON: 12, WIS: 14, CHA: 11

Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice.
And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition…
Stay hungry. Stay foolish.†– Steve Jobs, Stanford University, 2005

You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take. -- Wayne Gretzky

6Wks Challenges: #9, #8, #7, #6, #5#4#3, #2.5#2, #1

Match records MyFitnesspal Fitbit Runtastic Strava

Serve. Volley. Score!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Score? It's not like hockey or basket ball. You don't play tennis, I assume. I'm very offended. :-)

Since you are hanging around, I want to ask you.

Do you know any good plyometric leg/lower body exercises that does not stress knee too much?

Jumping with heavy weight seems like a very bad idea. I did that and my left knee (with previous injury) is complaining.

Racquet wielding rock gnome: Ranger - L6 - STR: 13, DEX: 8, STA: 13.5, CON: 12, WIS: 14, CHA: 11

Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice.

Subbed over here friend!

Hello, LWR. Should I call you CA now?

When I was a kid, I ddn't get "art". I hated the art class, forcing me to draw something I could not care less.

I do get it now, but that does not mean I'm an artist...

• Like 1

Hello, LWR. Should I call you CA now?

When I was a kid, I ddn't get "art". I hated the art class, forcing me to draw something I could not care less.

I do get it now, but that does not mean I'm an artist...

And, I cannot play tennis, or cook like you!

But, because of you, I have told wildross I want to learn to just play tennis with him. You have taught me to see the art in tennis!

And, call me whatever you want! I'm just glad I can call you "friend"!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

In His hands and Under His wings, Phil 4:13; Is 40:31; Jer 29:11
 Adventurer by choice

Found ya! :D

Sub'd!!!

Level 6 Pixie Assassin Rangerish Adventurer
Current Challenge: Guess What??
Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 12th 13th 14th  Battle Log
-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.
-Whatever doesn't kill me....Had better start running.

Score? It's not like hockey or basket ball. You don't play tennis, I assume. I'm very offended. :-)

Since you are hanging around, I want to ask you.

Do you know any good plyometric leg/lower body exercises that does not stress knee too much?

Jumping with heavy weight seems like a very bad idea. I did that and my left knee (with previous injury) is complaining.

Ok...serve to the backhand deep..charge the net, return, volley to opposite corner, point...15-love.

Or serve an ace everytime.

Sent from my SCH-I925 using Tapatalk

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

Ok...serve to the backhand deep..charge the net, return, volley to opposite corner, point...15-love.

Or serve an ace everytime.

I used to do a lot of serve and volley.

One season, I did it every point. I didn't have much of ground strokes then so that was a percentage play for me.

The art of serve and volley is, the serve is designed to get a weak return that you can hit the volley during transition.

Where you hit, how fast, what kind of spin, and also variation of speed and spin all go into playing serve and volley. 

It is becoming a "lost art" but it's still an art when done correctly.

• Like 1

And, I cannot play tennis, or cook like you!

But, because of you, I have told wildross I want to learn to just play tennis with him. You have taught me to see the art in tennis!

And, call me whatever you want! I'm just glad I can call you "friend"!

Tennis - probably you cannot but cooking sure you can.

All my cooking is simple. If you thought one of those stir fry is "complicated", it comes from simple cooking many many times and accumulate some knowledge.

Parboiling vege for stir fry - I learned it from watching a Chinese chef making my take out at the take out.  He puts in hot water in wok, put in vege, take vege out, cook meat/tofu, flavor, put vege back, bit more flavor, starch to make it stick.

If you approach cooking with curiosity, you start to understand what's going on, and once you get it, cooking becomes easier because you understand what you are doing.

• Like 1

Good luck TennisGeek, I look forward to watching you on the TV for Wimbledon some day :)

Thanks, Leeroy. How are you doing these days? I haven't been able to follow people around much.

I'll send everyone a ticker once I start playing Wimbledon main draw. :P

I've realized that my "super hero" is the very best tennis players. So, that's what I'm shooting for.

I hope this joke doesn't get old for people around me.

• Like 1

Tonight's dinner. Italian wedding soup (minus pasta and bread crumbs = gluten free)

I made a few changes and mistakes. First time is always challenging.

For break crumbs, I made a pancake out of GF bread mix. After that I chopped and put it in the meatball mix.

Instead of pasta, I put in wild black rice.

Taste-wise, it tastes like it but I miss pasta for sure.

13810405483_033531e8ec_z.jpg

13810398683_7710387269.jpg

• Like 2

For the record - starting weight 163.1lb according to Fitbit scale this morning.

I would like it to be below 160 at the end of challenge.

Well, it looks tasty - subbed to Wimbledon and beyond... and to share in your sleep-goal.

I don't know it looks appetizing. It's a pretty bad picture. Taste wise, the meatball came out pretty good - with a lot of sun dried tomato flavor, but it has too much onion.

So a mistake I made is, that recipe said

chop onion 1/3 fine, 2/3 thin slice, then put in chopped onion, ground beef seasoning, egg, etc. into a big bowl.

I put in all of onion chopped and sliced into a bowl. The thin sliced onion should be in the soup, which was the step 3 of recipe.

So the meatball became onion ball with meat. I realized the mistake long after I started mixing the meat mix.

I spent long time to fish out the sliced onion from meatball mix. Still the meatball has too much onion.

That made the meatball a little bit stingy from undercooked onion. The soup has been cooked a little longer so that the onion in the meatball is cooked through, but I still feel the onion. 

My daughter had a good laugh.

Weather report said "no rain" all weekend, and chance of rain this morning is 0, and it's supposed to be 60s. 

I got totally ready to go out for a bike ride, and it's raining, and the temp is 50 sharp. 

Comon!

Weather report said "no rain" all weekend, and chance of rain this morning is 0, and it's supposed to be 60s.

I got totally ready to go out for a bike ride, and it's raining, and the temp is 50 sharp.

Comon!

Hmm, that seems to have been what you left us here in FloRida!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

In His hands and Under His wings, Phil 4:13; Is 40:31; Jer 29:11
 Adventurer by choice

The soup looks tasty. Italian wedding soup is one of my favorites, though I have never made it myself. The subs sound good though.  :)

We are having A LOT of rain here. It has been a constant for a week now. And we are supposed to hit freezing temps again tomorrow night. Unbelievable. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.

I'm going cheat a little and include today's bike ride in the challenge. We don't get good weather enough!

Also, I am going to include the walks and runs in 420 miles. Majority is bike ride but to get to 420, I need every help.

16.15/420

https://www.runtastic.com/en/users/naoyuki-tai/sport-sessions/208164025

Dinner tonight:

Tuna stake with brussels sprout and eggplant

13834690774_010d72e228_z.jpg

I also made the pork stir fry with broccoli. I saw a good lookin' pork and I had broccoli sitting in the fridge. I think I made this back-to-back-to-back weekend I believe.

It's time to change up, but gives me a couple of days of food, unless pork monster (aka my daughter) shows up.

13834326265_b809634812_z.jpg

Grilled brussels sprout and eggplant

13834329293_3c1d7a881d.jpg

• Like 2

Yum yum, brussel sprouts and tuna! Two more of my faves! I think I told you that before, lol. :playful:

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Bike ride: 23.17/420

https://www.runtastic.com/en/users/naoyuki-tai/sport-sessions/208555245

It was a slowest ride. My right knee is hurting, and my left knee isn't too far behind. I basically came to work with one leg.

Ibuprofen consumed twice already, and I hate any kind of pain killers.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines