Hurley's Battle log

Yup, found the issue with Weight Watchers. Logged what I've had and plan to have in both my WW tracking and in Sparkpeople. According to WW, I only have 3 more points I can have today. According to Sparkpeople, I need to eat 118 more calories just to reach 1,000!

What have I had today you ask?

Bowl of raisin bran with milk

1 hard boiled egg

Apple Cider (that came from a packet)

And I plan on making homemade hot pockets tonight (as long as I don't lose power. Stupid storm) and a glass of milk.

Grr. No wonder I lost weight the first time. I was starved and undereating. I'll keep tracking both for a couple days. Maybe today was just a weird day.

What's the difference between the old and new WW? Maybe they changed it later on? 

Though to be fair, I've heard some problematic things with WW in regards to their plan and such. Don't undereat :) I think women need at the absolute least around 1200/day?

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Becomes Her Own Hero

Jedi Battle Log

“Keep Calm, Carry On, and Don't Freeze Up!”

- Oboro Shirakumo (Loud Cloud), My Hero Academia Vigilantes

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46#47#48#49#50#51#52#53#54#55#56#57#58#59#60#61#62#63

They've changed it a couple of times. They keep on changing the point values for things. When I first did it, a lot of veggies were 0 points. When I went back on it in 2012/2013ish veggies and some other "free" foods had a value of at least 1 point. When I was looking for the old calculator online, it appears they've revamped it again.

My second time around I found that I was way undereating with that point system. I was eating like 27 points worth of food, but on a daily basis only getting about 950 calories when I actually sat down and did it out. I wasn't too surprised. I went through a cycle of feeling starving for a day or two, then was fine, but then would just binge for a couple of days. I don't remember feeling really starved when I did it the first time. But it could just be so long ago I don't remember.

I'd try the new system, but right now I can justify the cost (still no job :( ). Though, I actually got an email from the Army wanting to talk. They said they got my resume from a career fair I registered for. No idea what they saw that they would be interested in me. I'm not exactly a fighter; I'm a lover, baby!! Lol.

"You won't find your answers by looking to the stars. It's a journey you'll have to take by looking inside yourself. You must write your destiny..." Christopher Reeve as Dr. Virgil Swann

Current challenge

Old Challenges: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th9th, 10th11th, 12th, 13th, 14th

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

They've changed it a couple of times. They keep on changing the point values for things. When I first did it, a lot of veggies were 0 points. When I went back on it in 2012/2013ish veggies and some other "free" foods had a value of at least 1 point. When I was looking for the old calculator online, it appears they've revamped it again.

My second time around I found that I was way undereating with that point system. I was eating like 27 points worth of food, but on a daily basis only getting about 950 calories when I actually sat down and did it out. I wasn't too surprised. I went through a cycle of feeling starving for a day or two, then was fine, but then would just binge for a couple of days. I don't remember feeling really starved when I did it the first time. But it could just be so long ago I don't remember.

I'd try the new system, but right now I can justify the cost (still no job :( ). Though, I actually got an email from the Army wanting to talk. They said they got my resume from a career fair I registered for. No idea what they saw that they would be interested in me. I'm not exactly a fighter; I'm a lover, baby!! Lol.

From what I've heard, the Armed Forces aren't always specifically looking for front line people. They need techies, doctors, all sorts. If you're interested in them, don't tell them no just because you don't feel like they'd want you. For all you know, you can do something that they desperately need!

And about the WW, my mom was on it for a while in the early 2000's but I don't think she liked it much. I don't know. I checked out a calculator, and it said that I'd need like 23 points, which sounds like a recipe for me to be angry and hungry constantly based on the calories you're looking at. 

Maybe for now just focus on trying to eat fairly clean (primarily meat/fruits/veggies with maybe some complex carbs like potatoes or wheat bread) and eat until you're satisfied, but always eat something when you're hungry. Protein/veggie based primarily. I do think, based on your logs, that you're doing a good bit of that already. Maybe focusing on that instead of worrying about volume and/or calories might help you a bit. That way, when you get a job, you can see if you want to start weight watchers again. That's something that's helped me a lot in regards to my food intake.

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Battle Log

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46#47#48#49#50#51#52#53#54#55#56#57#58#59#60#61#62#63

Oh, I know. My old company actually hired someone whose last job was with the Army. She worked in database stuff. So I'm curious if that's the type of thing they'd want me to do. I emailed the recruiter back yesterday and asked to speak with him. So far, I haven't heard back. But I'm sure there will be someone there at the next career fair I go to.

I'm going to do what you suggested. Today's food was...eh. I woke up late (11am). I was pretty exhausted yesterday, so I'm not surprised I slept so late. But because I slept late, I kinda skipped lunch. My lunch was a mozzarella stick and a chai (I need to kick that habit again. They are just so good. I need flavor, plain water just isn't enough). My dinner was mac and cheese and an apple with peanut butter (because I was still hungry after the mac and cheese). I then went back at 10pm and had a hot chocolate and a couple slices of cheese.

I have the habit of eating less and well, and then I binge. I just get these periods of wanting to eat everything and having a hard time stopping myself.

Is anyone else watching the new show on A&E called Fit to Fat to Fit? It's about personal trainers gaining as much weight as they can and then losing it with their clients? The trainers have 4 months to gain 40+ pounds and then they spend the next 4 months losing it with someone. I like the idea, because even just two episodes in, two different trainers have said that the experience has opened their eyes. HOWEVER, I hate it as well. These are people who know how to be fit. They know they can do it, so gaining the weight is no big deal. And as soon as they gain it, they take it off. I'd love for them to gain it, and then keep it for 6 months to a year. See what it's like to live like that for awhile. And to give their bodies more time to accept being that weight. They need that...plateau of being a certain weight.

Anyway, tomorrow is a trip to the grocery store. I'm out of good (read healthy) food to eat. I need to get some ingredients for some recipes.

• Like 1

"You won't find your answers by looking to the stars. It's a journey you'll have to take by looking inside yourself. You must write your destiny..." Christopher Reeve as Dr. Virgil Swann

Current challenge

Old Challenges: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th9th, 10th11th, 12th, 13th, 14th

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

Oh, I know. My old company actually hired someone whose last job was with the Army. She worked in database stuff. So I'm curious if that's the type of thing they'd want me to do. I emailed the recruiter back yesterday and asked to speak with him. So far, I haven't heard back. But I'm sure there will be someone there at the next career fair I go to.

I'm going to do what you suggested. Today's food was...eh. I woke up late (11am). I was pretty exhausted yesterday, so I'm not surprised I slept so late. But because I slept late, I kinda skipped lunch. My lunch was a mozzarella stick and a chai (I need to kick that habit again. They are just so good. I need flavor, plain water just isn't enough). My dinner was mac and cheese and an apple with peanut butter (because I was still hungry after the mac and cheese). I then went back at 10pm and had a hot chocolate and a couple slices of cheese.

I have the habit of eating less and well, and then I binge. I just get these periods of wanting to eat everything and having a hard time stopping myself.

Is anyone else watching the new show on A&E called Fit to Fat to Fit? It's about personal trainers gaining as much weight as they can and then losing it with their clients? The trainers have 4 months to gain 40+ pounds and then they spend the next 4 months losing it with someone. I like the idea, because even just two episodes in, two different trainers have said that the experience has opened their eyes. HOWEVER, I hate it as well. These are people who know how to be fit. They know they can do it, so gaining the weight is no big deal. And as soon as they gain it, they take it off. I'd love for them to gain it, and then keep it for 6 months to a year. See what it's like to live like that for awhile. And to give their bodies more time to accept being that weight. They need that...plateau of being a certain weight.

Anyway, tomorrow is a trip to the grocery store. I'm out of good (read healthy) food to eat. I need to get some ingredients for some recipes.

When I wake up at weird times, my food routine goes out of whack as well. And trying to just keep things clean has helped me a lot- I hope it helps you!

• Like 1

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Battle Log

Been working on keeping things clean. Hasn't helped too much with the sleeping. Or maybe it has. I normally wake up around 10am now. Though, I've recently had a couple of days where I've slept 12+ hours each night.

Big exercising starts tomorrow. Had a meeting for roller derby last night. Thought it was just info based, which it was. And they were like "and first meeting on skates is Wednesday!" Like tomorrow. That will be 2 times a week for 2 hours. I can do it for the next 5 weeks, then I'll be on vacation for 2 weeks. I am going to be so sore and exhausted! Need to find where I put my protein. Or find a good protein bar to snack on on the drive home. Unfortunately, the rink is an hour from my house :(

I am attempting both baking and cooking today. This morning I'm going to try to make some banana bread. I've had to do some math. The recipe is for 3 loaves, but I only have enough bananas for 1. So, out comes the calculator and some online searching to find the right measurements for just one. Tonight I'm going to try a chicken dish and some broccoli (if it's still good...).

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

Okay, I'm back from yet another hiatus. My big exercise hasn't panned out. I was skating for about a month. Then had to take March off due to a sprained ankle and then my vacation. When I got back, getting back to practice was triggering my anxiety. So I haven't been back :( I'm going to start back slow and just go to rule school. Just need to get my work schedule to work with it (have a part time job). Finding a job and dealing with family stuff was also triggering so that didn't help.

Anyway, I've spent a lot of time on pintrest lately. Mostly for hair and halloween ideas. But I then looked to see if they have hula hoop exercises and found one that I can actually do. I also found this website (http://www.healthoria.com/how-to-lose-weight-if-over-200-pounds/) on tips for when you weigh over 200 pounds and want to lose weight. And yes I am now over the 200 mark. And I think this will help ease me back into working out.

I want to lose some weight before comic con in august. My red pants are a little too tight. However, I can't start exercising for another 12 days. I had a cyst removed from my bikini line on tuesday and have 13 stitches there now. Not going to risk pulling any of them out. So, right now I'm going to focus on upping my water intake and reducing my sugar (aka: cutting back again on the Chai lattes).

An official challenge will be too much for me, so it's an unofficial one here in my thread. Let's see how long I last this time.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

Hey! It's great to see you again!

Sent from my iPhone while riding a unicorn through the cosmos.

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

Dinner tonight was chocolate ice cream and red wine. While delicious, I'm going to need to figure out something more healthy for when I work the 5:30-10:30pm shift.

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

I forgot to post yesterday that I had 3 glasses of water. And tall restaurant glasses, not short type. I did have a Pepsi yesterday and a Chai today, so there's that.

I also worked a double today, so roughly 9-9.5 hours standing on my feet all day. Still not very active but standing for long periods of time instead of sitting is better. Now I just need to remember to wear actual sneakers and not my converse. My feet are killing me!

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

Got a little bit of exercise yesterday. I joined a new meetup group and we will be learning fencing with sabers. So, we did a little bit of hitting with giant padded things and then worked on footwork. Both got my heart rate up. And of course, I just picked up another sport that requires me to be in a squatted position. Between that and derby when I get back my legs and ass are going to be amazing!

• Like 1

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

Oh, I also forgot to mention that I used the last of my Chai a couple days ago. So, as long as I don't buy more mix, I won't be having it everyday now. I have starbucks, but don't want to spend $4.55 everyday on one. It will become a treat.

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

I believe it is Olympic style. And I'll remember that tip. I need to work on my footwork. When doing basic footwork, I move my back foot too much/far.

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

Got my stitches out! I still have a covering on it that he put on. But glad I don't need to do the tape and gauze anymore. My skin is so raw from the tape, I actually have torn off some skin. I think I'm limping more from those wounds than the actual incision area. But almost done. This time next week I can take off this dressing and I will be done. Glad it's out and would do it all again.

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

I was going to post about my second fencing lesson today. But turns out there was no lesson. So upset. I was wondering why there was no event created on Meetup, but knew the guy was forgetful so I thought I'd just go anyway. Didn't really want to get up at 8, fence from 9:30-11:30 and then work a 3-11pm shift. But I went anyway! Got there, and there was no class :( I could have had a private session, but at $90 I decided not to. Apparently the teacher and the leader of the group couldn't agree on pricing or something, so the class got canceled, but I was never informed. He felt bad. But, he is having an open house next weekend for interested people. And for half an hour (free) he taught me some exercises that will help get me into shape for fencing. I'm also going to be switching from saber to foil if I continue with it. I'm really hoping I can get friends to join me. People are interested, but don't want to actually do it. Grr, people.

• Like 1

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

I am doing pretty well. I hope you are too!! I've had my ups and downs. Which is one reason why I disappeared for awhile. Social media just got to be too much. But, I'm doing better now. I'm hoping I'm able to keep up with the fencing. I think right now it will all depend on my work schedule. I hate not being able to plan more than one week out. Oh well.

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

I won't be able to do fencing on sunday :( she had to reschedule me last minute and I'm now doing the closing shift. Boo.

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

Today was a mix of good and bad. Mostly bad. It started with me filling my big water bottle with water and bringing it to drink during my shift instead of starbucks. I even parked in the lot 2 blocks away instead of right behind the store. But I then left the water in my car and didn't go back for it. I then had both a cherry tart and vanilla ice cream (with chocolate sauce and peanut butter), along with two rum and cokes. I had ordered a large Greek salad and only ate half. I brought the rest home for either lunch or dinner during work later this week. May I add that I never ate lunch today? I had one cheese stick before my shift at 12, and then another cheese stick during my shift. I left work at 5:30. Yea... Not the best choices.

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

At this point I think it is safe to say I will have no caffeine/sugary drink today! I have no access to it while at work, and I'll be getting home around 11:30pm, so I won't be drinking any when I do. Yay! I went a day. Though I do know I'll have some on friday. I'm making my lattes my opening shift treat.

• Like 1

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

That's sad. I didn't even know this one existed. Bummed that I missed the open house yesterday. Maybe it wasn't meant to be. I certainly can't afford private lessons.

Did another day of no caffeine/sugary drinks. Was yawning all during my shift. And the circles under my eyes are horrible. However, I know it will help clear up my breakouts and will definitely help with losing the inches.

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log