Hurley's Battle log

I do have allergies, actually. I never heard of vertigo being a symptom. How do you combat it? I already take allergy medicine every day.

• Like 1

"You won't find your answers by looking to the stars. It's a journey you'll have to take by looking inside yourself. You must write your destiny..." Christopher Reeve as Dr. Virgil Swann

Current challenge

Old Challenges: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th9th, 10th11th, 12th, 13th, 14th

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

1 minute ago, hurley8604 said:

I do have allergies, actually. I never heard of vertigo being a symptom. How do you combat it? I already take allergy medicine every day.

I'd talk to your doctor if you find it won't go away / gets worse. My mother ended up being on allergy shots (along with an inhaler and prescription meds) for her allergies. They got pretty bad as she got older.

A co-worker of mine was dealing with vertigo unrelated to allergies the other day. He tried the Epley Maneuver and it seemed to help.

• Like 1

I'll give that maneuver a try. 

I know I have a doctors appointment coming up (not sure when, I need to call and find out). I'll bring it up with him if it doesn't get better. I know the appointment is sometime in the next month. 

• Like 1

"You won't find your answers by looking to the stars. It's a journey you'll have to take by looking inside yourself. You must write your destiny..." Christopher Reeve as Dr. Virgil Swann

Current challenge

Old Challenges: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th9th, 10th11th, 12th, 13th, 14th

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

I ended up working from home yesterday. Felt good for most of the day, so I decided to go out to trivia with friends like I always do on Wednesday nights. Nope, shouldn't have. Driving is a trigger. Luckily, I was caught in major traffic so I was able to drive slowly to my friends house. Was a little dizzy at dinner/trivia. But as soon as I stood up I was fine. Made it home without an issue.

Came into work this morning. HUGE mistake. I actually felt things pitch not too long ago. I'm going to stick it out til 4 (have a meeting at 3). Then I'm going straight to urgent care. Ugh, I hate having to go back there. But I should probably figure out what exactly is wrong with me. Guess I'm cancelling my date for tonight :(

• Like 1

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

Random thought that I haven't looked into yet - could this vertigo crap be a symptom of my pinched nerve? I have an appointment this Saturday and my arm has been acting up a little this week...

• Like 1

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

I did the adult thing. Or I did AN adult thing when it came to it. Nope, didn't go to urgent care or see my doctor yet. Why? Because I don't want to end up in the hospital. But I did call my mom this morning and ask if she could meet me somewhere and drive me the rest of the way to their pace for the weekend. Just driving the half hour to work is enough to cause me to be dizzy. Having to drive what would most likely be over an hour tonight would not be good. So I asked them to pick me up half way. The answer is yes, but still going to talk to my dad so they both come and one of them can drive my car the remainder of the way so it's not left somewhere over the weekend. 

I have a feeling I'm spending my time tomorrow being examined :( though so far today has been the best day of the week. It was wise to cancel the date last night. I never would have made it. Plus I found and caught the hamster, and I never would have been able to do that if I was out.

• Like 1

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

Good news, I didn't spend my Saturday being examined!

Went to my chiropractor as scheduled and told him what was happening. He checked my eyes, ears, and lungs and didn't see anything wrong so he said as of right now he doesn't think I need to go see a doctor. But, apparently I was pale, my lips looked dry (they almost always do), and I had some slight discoloration around my color bone, and I was clammy (but I had just come in from outside and it was wicked humid, so there's that) so he took things really seriously. He has seen this with people who have a similar injury to mine, though. He put me on the traction table for I don't know how long, but I could feel myself getting less dizzy just being on that. He then readjusted my neck and I felt fine for a good 24 hours! Was a little light headed yesterday morning, but it went away after I shut my eyes for about 20 minutes (you could call it a nap). And I got a little dizzy after my drive back to my apartment. 

I'm feeling a little eh today, but no where as bad as I was last week. I see my chiro again on Wednesday. And probably again on Saturday. He wants to keep an eye on me. He also said that I could be anemic or it has to do with my blood sugar. Something I need to have tested when I have my doctors appointment, whenever that is. I still don't know. I'm going to try and remember to call them on Wednesday when I'm working from my parents house. 

And I hope me not coming home tomorrow night and being out late tonight gives my roommate some pause and thinks. I got home at about 7:30 last night, he wasn't there. Went to my bedroom at 10, watched some tv, and then got up to use the restroom before I went to bed. He comes home while I'm in the bathroom and as I'm walking past his room, all prepared to ignore him because it's quarter past 11 and I'm tired he's like "Hey." And I greet him. Then he goes "So, my buddy is going to come down tomorrow and crash here for a couple days while he does some training. So, he uh, doesn't have to drive back to New Hampshire each time. I, uh, didn't have another time to tell you, uh, because, well, our schedules." He starts fumbling because I'm just giving him a "you've got to me kidding me" stare. You cannot tell your roommate, the night before, that you have a guest staying on the couch for 2 days. At least it's better than last time. He told me the morning of that his brother was crashing for the night, I got 8 extra hours of warning this time. But I had plans to be out tonight with friends, not getting home until 11, and then going straight to my parents house after second job tomorrow. I hope he thinks it's because I'm pissed. I am, and he will hear about it on Thursday when I finally see him.

• Like 1

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

I didn't have to see the chiro again on Saturday. Which is awesome. You should have heard my back and neck though as he was readjusting it. I haven't heard it crack that much in such a long time. 

As for the roommate, we haven't talked. When I got home Thursday he was in his bedroom with the door shut. Friday, he wasn't home when I got home, but as soon as he walked in he made a beeline for his room and didn't come out. He then left Saturday around 12:30 and didn't come home until 11pm last night. It was nice having the place to myself for the weekend, but I really do need to talk to him about what he did last week. I honestly don't mind that his friend crashed for a couple nights, it was the very late notice that bothered me. I never would have known until I got home Monday night and there would have been his friend. That's it. Oh well. I think he's moving out at the end of the year. I don't want to have to search for a new roommate at the end of the year again (it's wicked hard). But I need someone who has had roommates before and knows some more common courtesy. 

• Like 1

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

I did a thing yesterday.

I joined a gym!

Now to work it into my schedule. 

They want me to pay them via EFT (out of my checking account) and they won't give me my key card tag thing until I do. They are going to have to deal with having my credit card. I don't do EFT. 1) i can guarantee the money won't be in my checking account when they want to charge me 2) i'd rather my credit card get hacked than my checking account

Not sure if this is a policy for all planet fitness locations or just this one. But, yea, they are not getting that information.

• Like 1

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

On 7/24/2017 at 0:46 PM, hurley8604 said:

Good news, I didn't spend my Saturday being examined!

Went to my chiropractor as scheduled and told him what was happening. He checked my eyes, ears, and lungs and didn't see anything wrong so he said as of right now he doesn't think I need to go see a doctor.

What about seeing an actual doctor for blood work? 

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

I need to do that. I have an annual coming up. Which reminds me, I still need to call and find out when that is. I'm going to have it checked then. And turns out we are both patients of the same doctor. So I'm going to have him write a note stating everything and he should take it more seriously.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

Okay, it's in two weeks! Just called while I was thinking about it and sitting in my car at work.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

There are cupcakes by the coffee maker. I want one. But I'm not because I don't want the very cute guy who is sitting directly across from them to see me grab one. 

• Haha 1

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

Just wanted to pop in and give an update. 

Havent made add it to the gym yet :(

still dealing with the light headedness. At comic con this weekend, and pretty much as soon as I walked in yesterday I got hit by it. So I took it easy. Hopefully today will be better. I was doing better, but Tuesday night st trivia I had the entire room tilt on me while I was in the middle of reading a question. But it stopped as quickly as it started. Have both a doctor and chiro appointment this week.

also, I did have a win yesterday. Took the day off of work for comic con, but didn't have to leave until 1:30. So I had lunch at home. Decided I wanted a chai from Starbucks. But instead of getting into my car and driving there, I walked the two blocks! And it's all uphill going back to my apartment. Go me! 

• Like 1

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

So, there's a slight possibility I might be becoming lactose intolerant. I really, really hope not! Dairy is such a huge staple in my diet. But I've been noticing things, and how my body is reacting to things, and so far the only thing that seems to be a common denominator is dairy :( Something to bring up while at the doctors tomorrow. It's either that or something else major is going on. 

• Sad 1

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

Appointment went well this morning. He said I did have classic signs of vertigo, and it's something that just goes away. He didn't really seem too concerned. And he confirmed that I could be becoming lactose intolerant - just start doing some testing. Remove dairy for a week and see what happens. Then slowly introduce it back in. It's going to be so hard! Took some blood to test. So we'll see what results come back. Fingers crossed I am not pre-diabetic. 

• Like 1

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

On 8/16/2017 at 2:00 PM, hurley8604 said:

So, there's a slight possibility I might be becoming lactose intolerant. I really, really hope not! Dairy is such a huge staple in my diet. But I've been noticing things, and how my body is reacting to things, and so far the only thing that seems to be a common denominator is dairy :( Something to bring up while at the doctors tomorrow. It's either that or something else major is going on. 

If it's helpful at all, I've got issues with lactose, but haven't had to completely eliminate dairy! I mean, I have pretty much given up ice cream, but cheese is still okay - so perspective? 

Fingers crossed for the blood work looking good!

• Like 1

That does help! I could give up ice cream, it's not something that I eat all the often anyway.

i did get a chai latte with almond milk yesterday. Mistake. It tastes horrible. I ended up tossing half of it down the drain. I think that is something I will take a pill before having if it does turn out I'm having problems. I will say, it didn't effect me like chai normally would. But the taste was so not worth it.

• Like 1

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

2 minutes ago, hurley8604 said:

That does help! I could give up ice cream, it's not something that I eat all the often anyway.

i did get a chai latte with almond milk yesterday. Mistake. It tastes horrible. I ended up tossing half of it down the drain. I think that is something I will take a pill before having if it does turn out I'm having problems. I will say, it didn't effect me like chai normally would. But the taste was so not worth it.

I can drink skim milk, but not whole - so you MIGHT be able to do something similar. I also like unsweetened vanilla almond milk more than the normal kind (if you are making your own chai tea). It isn't the same as regular milk, but it can still be tasty!

I'm going to try that. I have had chocolate almond milk before and liked it, which is one reason I was so surprised I hated the chai yesterday. But I'm out of milk and need to buy more for only about 5 days, so I'm thinking I'll get the unsweetened almond milk to try. I haven't officially started my week of no dairy. Going to wait until I get back from vacation (leave on Saturday). Trying to be dairy free at a comic con might be hard. But I'm going to lay the ground work now.

• Like 1

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

Got my results back. Not anemic, not pre-diabetic, but cholesterol is a little high. But once I bring my weight down, that will adjust with it. There is also a history of high cholesterol in my family, so really, not that surprising. So, vertigo (as far as we know right now) is all due to my pinched nerve. 

Right now I am just so tired. But I know part of it is that I haven't had a weekend since the end of July where I've slept in my own bed all weekend. And I won't get it until September 30th. Blah. I love seeing my cats/parents, and being able to go visit friends and do stuff. But man is it catching up with me. Yes, I can sleep in at my parents, but I'm usually down there because I have an appointment (morning chiro). And I can't even veg all weekend on the 30th, I have a wedding that night. So it's going to be October before I can really just stay in bed all day/weekend and do nothing. This is just not how I work. 

• Like 1

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

So for the hell of it I tried on my Firefly shirt this morning to see if I could possibly wear it to DragonCon when I get my picture taken with Nathan Fillion. It's a medium and I currently wear XL. It actually kind of fits. For a quick picture, I think I could totally get away with it. When I get home I'm going to try it on again with some jeans, take a selfie and see how I look. 

• Like 1

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

Body dysmorphia sucks!!!

I've admitted to myself and others that what I see in the mirror I know is much smaller than what I actually am. I know I've gained weight because half my clothes don't fit. But unless I'm naked (even not even then), I still see myself as I was 50 pounds ago. Every once in a while I see what everyone else does. This weekend was like a gut check. 

I'm on vacation visiting friends, and they love to take selfies. I've never been a fan of them, but I indulge them. Looking at the pictures I can see how huge I've become. I look horrible. And I hate it! I look at a couple of them and just think "No, that's not what I really look like from that angle!" "That really can't be me!"

Ugh. 

I will look better when I go to Disney in April. I hate myself and how I look. This blows like you wouldn't believe. 

• Like 1

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log