Hurley's Battle log

Hurley this article made me think of you! I don't know if this relates to your current situation, but I hope things are better this week at work.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/21/opinion/sunday/is-your-boss-mean.html

I seean  Assassins Ambassador is "in da house." 

we are stealthy but you caught me! :)

• Like 1

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

Hurley this article made me think of you! I don't know if this relates to your current situation, but I hope things are better this week at work.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/21/opinion/sunday/is-your-boss-mean.html

we are stealthy but you caught me! :)

And another of your Guild replied in my Challenge thread.  Bless my soul!  You are an active lot!  :)  (How you stay in shape no doubt!)

Human ... Guinea Pig

"Discovery requires experimentation."  -- Dr. Werner Reinhardt, HYDRA.

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/67455-legio-ix-aux-equus-albus-ludus/

Hi Hurley: re: medieval manuscripts.  (This was in the reply to you that got "eaten.")  I belong to the Society for Creative Anachronism (501 © 3 historical recreations of the Middle Ages 600-1600) and since it is a volunteer-intensive organization, we give awards for service/creativity etc. to recognize the folks who keep the community going, in the broad catigories of Chivalry (fighting), Arts & Sciences, and Service (like, organizing events).  I'm sure there's a branch near you ... In my persona of a10th-century Anglo-Scandanavian woman I am a practioner of "scribal arts."  I'm working on a "scroll" right now that will go to someone for service performed at a "war" a few months ago.  :)  I'm pretty exclusively a calligrapher but I'll draw some figures if I "have" to :)  I was doing archery for the last three years but doing calligraphy, you don't get poison ivy & rained on. 

Human ... Guinea Pig

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/67455-legio-ix-aux-equus-albus-ludus/

Thanks for the links!! I'll read them more in-depth when I get home, but a brief glance appears to be pretty much spot on for me.

That group sounds amazing! I'm going to see if they have one near me. And a fellow archer! I'm hoping the weather is decent on Sunday and I can pull my bow and arrows back out. I had to give it up last year due to a pinched nerve in my neck making my right arm pretty much useless for awhile. I tried it again a couple months ago, but couldn't last the entire lesson. Of the 90 minute lesson, I think I did maybe 30 between all the breaks I needed to take to rest the arm. But I will get back to it! I found it so relaxing.

"You won't find your answers by looking to the stars. It's a journey you'll have to take by looking inside yourself. You must write your destiny..." Christopher Reeve as Dr. Virgil Swann

Current challenge

Old Challenges: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th9th, 10th11th, 12th, 13th, 14th

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

So, pet peeve I realized I had: when people use equipment, but not really.

Let me explain: my gym has about 5 benches in the strength room. Three can go completely flat, while 2 can only do angled. My routine consists of rows, so I need the flat bench. I had to skip that part because I didn't have access to any of them. Walk in, all 3 flat were in use. However, 1 of them was being used by a girl just to store her 4 weights during her set. So, she would use two of the 10 pound weights, but have her two 15 pound weights on the bench. And then switch. For the 15 minutes I was in that area, I never once saw her actually sit or lay down on the bench herself. Yes, it's a pain to have to bend down and pick them up, but it's rude to use a piece of equipment for something else when another person may actually use it for it's purpose.

Okay, end rant :)

"You won't find your answers by looking to the stars. It's a journey you'll have to take by looking inside yourself. You must write your destiny..." Christopher Reeve as Dr. Virgil Swann

Current challenge

Old Challenges: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th9th, 10th11th, 12th, 13th, 14th

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

OMG, leg DOMS!!! Going downstairs will consist of butt sliding or just simply falling today.

• Like 1

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

Food yesterday:

Raisin Bran

8oz of milk w/ chocolate protein powder

Ham and Cheese sandwich

Taco Salad

Chips

8oz of milk

2 mini reese's cup

The taco salad: I got home from the therapist last night and I was on my own for dinner. My parents had gone out with some friends. I started heading towards the big freezer for hot pockets, but stopped myself. Knew hot pockets would be bad. So I opened the fridge to see what we had for leftovers and saw the taco meat. Heated that up and realized that we had only crumbs left of the chips so I couldn't make nachos like planned. Went to grab some taco shells and saw that we were out of those too. So I ended up just grabbing some lettuce, olives, cheese, salsa and sour cream and mixed it all in the bowl of the meat (there was only a serving of meat left). Had some milk and the crumbs of the chips. Not too shabby I think.

• Like 1

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

So, pet peeve I realized I had: when people use equipment, but not really.

Let me explain: my gym has about 5 benches in the strength room. Three can go completely flat, while 2 can only do angled. My routine consists of rows, so I need the flat bench. I had to skip that part because I didn't have access to any of them. Walk in, all 3 flat were in use. However, 1 of them was being used by a girl just to store her 4 weights during her set. So, she would use two of the 10 pound weights, but have her two 15 pound weights on the bench. And then switch. For the 15 minutes I was in that area, I never once saw her actually sit or lay down on the bench herself. Yes, it's a pain to have to bend down and pick them up, but it's rude to use a piece of equipment for something else when another person may actually use it for it's purpose.

Okay, end rant :)

Are you familiar with The Buff Dudes?  Here's a sample:

(NOTE:  the language might be a little coarse in spots.)

:)

• Like 1

Human ... Guinea Pig

I'm going to have to watch that when I get home. I haven't heard of them before.

Had a great session last night. And got a great idea! She suggested I start my own pet sitting business. Which, just a few years ago, I had thought of doing but never pursued. But you know what? I think I'm going to. I already started researching last night. I can get my own hours, I'll be my own boss, I get to be around animals all day. Sounds like a win to me! I've even thought of a few names and did a rough design of a logo. So far I'm going with the name Furbaby Sitting. I will spend the next two months researching and doing what I need to do to get this set up and running :)

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

Woke up this morning to get to the gym, and didn't. Noticed that I was so damn tired last night that I completely missed Salem (boy cat) trying to wake me up at one point. Clues were my phone being all askew on my nightstand and then finding my necklace on the stairs. What sold me on not going was the fact that I still can't walk down stairs without difficulty. I don't mind being sore, but this is a little more than being sore. So, I had breakfast, and then went back to bed. I'm going to pack my gym bag and try to make it after work.

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

Hi Hurley!  You should see the "Thor" workout the BDs have posted on YouTube.  HILARIOUS!  :)  One note about SCA archery:  it's all "traditional" bows, that is -- not compounds.  But they can be contemporary wood or composite/laminated bows, commercially-made.  (I have a 41# Bear from the late 60s, for example.)  Of course *crossbows* (medieval version) are OK too.  Arrows/bolts need to be wood only for competition.  But!  Here I am "recruiting" another archer for the VERY Kingdom that meets us (the Midrealm) in war every July/August!  :)  Find a group and check out their practices -- usually free and very friendly. 

• Like 1

Human ... Guinea Pig

taco salad! that's a super favorite of mine. so delicious.

• Like 1

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

Hi Hurley!  You should see the "Thor" workout the BDs have posted on YouTube.  HILARIOUS!  :)  One note about SCA archery:  it's all "traditional" bows, that is -- not compounds.  But they can be contemporary wood or composite/laminated bows, commercially-made.  (I have a 41# Bear from the late 60s, for example.)  Of course *crossbows* (medieval version) are OK too.  Arrows/bolts need to be wood only for competition.  But!  Here I am "recruiting" another archer for the VERY Kingdom that meets us (the Midrealm) in war every July/August!  :)  Find a group and check out their practices -- usually free and very friendly. 

I have a recurve, so I think I'll be okay. I feel like it's cheating with a compound, lol. I'm going to check it out :)

taco salad! that's a super favorite of mine. so delicious.

It was delicious!! I'm going to have to make it more often. But maybe with less cheese, just to be healthier. I'm a sucker for cheese...

Spent the day being social. Myself and two friends headed down to the Cape and spent the afternoon minigolfing and going to lunch. The plan had then been to go to the drive-in, but the rain was coming in faster than expected, and we had a ton of time to kill before they even opened the drive-in, so we decided to skip it and just went to the regular movies.

And I can walk down the stairs again without feeling like I'm going to fall down them!! Still a tad sore, but nowhere near as bad as it was on Thursday/Friday. I think I pushed myself too far, maybe deeper squats than normal? I don't remember being that sore when I first started the routine, and I wouldn't like a 3 1/2 week break would be that long to make it that bad. Who knows. But I should be good to go on Monday.

AND, I just found out that River Song and Amy Pond (yes, I know those aren't their real names) are going to be at Rhode Island Comic Con in November. Super excited since I can get two more autographs after getting Rose's in a month. But I may be in Vegas... :( I also may be unemployed. So many factors!!!

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

Just because you don't like the process, doesn't mean I'm going to change the entire thing. Ugh, stupid people. Learn how to use a computer.

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

And another one bites the dust... So glad I'm in the midst of forming an exit strategy

In health related news, here is what I've had to eat today:

Raisin Bran with milk

Turkey and brie with apple slices and honey mustard on wheat bread

Half a chicken breast

Broccoli

Couscous

This amazing meat dipping sauce

k-cup chai latte

4 reeses mini cups

2 hershey kisses

My problem is sweets and those damn chais...

AND GO TEAM USA!!!!! (sorry Germany fans)

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

My exit strategy would be so much easier if I had the support of my parents... which I don't :(

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

They did win! I was scared in the first couple minutes when Germany pretty much went straight to the goal. I know they are one of the best teams out there, men and womens. But, USA pulled it together :)

I've seen your past couple of posts. The one a couple days ago, about 3 posting ago, just made me scratch my head. A little too scientific for me to understand. But I am all for having the extra bratwurst!

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

I was good this morning and did not have a k-cup chai latte. I grabbed my tea travel bottle, stuck some of my sweet tea leaves in and drank that this morning instead.

However, I've literally been crying my eyes out off and on since 7am (damn you dad), so my co-worker brought me to see the cat she is currently sitting (such a cutie!!) and we went to lunch. Same place I've been at for the last 3 days. The sign outside said they had frozen chai smoothies. I got one. OMG, I should not have. My new favorite thing. For food I had an asiago bagel with plain cream cheese.

No idea what dinner is going to be.

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

Dinner ended up being pizza and sangria. Not sure if my dad told my mom that he made me cry, but it was a nice way to end the day (plus about 2/12 hours of Doctor Who, finally all caught up!). But man, it will be nice having my mom home on a regular schedule so our dinners aren't crap anymore. And when she starts babysitting again in August, I need to step up and start making them more so I don't end up having pizza and take-out burgers every night.

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

Just applied to be the front desk person at a local vet. Unfortunately, desired salary was a required field. Think I may have put too high an amount. But you know what? That's what is needed to actually live around here (and I put it lower than that actually, I can just be very frugal when need be). If you won't even come within $5,000 of it, I don't want to work for you.

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

I forgot to post on Wednesday: went to the chiropractor. Did the typical suction cup thing, but then did this vibrating wand thing over my entire back. It was amazing!! And then he moved me to a different table that had rolling bars in it and strapped my head to the table. Each time the bars got to my head it stretched my neck. Felt weird, but helped with my neck pain. Well, he then offered a hand to help me sit up. I grabbed it, but then sat up like a vampire or mummy coming up from a coffin. He was like "Whoa! You've got some strong abs!" That made me happy. I may not have a six pack, but at least those dreaded planks are doing something!

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

AAARRRGH!  The dreaded planks!  When I was going to my gym -- THRIVE in Ann Arbor -- my trainer Amit introduced me to the BIG ball of pain and taught me pikes and planks and you-name-it.  I have about an inch of "pizza dough" over my ab muscles -- no six-pack for me! -- but I use those abs all the time, esp. for the thrusting part of squat-thrusts.  That's your core -- you need that!  :)

Human ... Guinea Pig

Started making a Facebook page for my new adventure. Figured I'd get the word out now and hopefully get a few clients before I go full force. Haven't shared it with anyone...yet.

Pricing:

$20 for one 30 minute visit*

Includes feeding, a walk, and belly rubs

$15 for the shy pets (shy cats or small pets like hamsters)

Includes a feeding and a clean litterbox/cage if asked by owner

$65 for overnights**

starts 7/8pm - 7/8am. Includes everything of a regular visit, plus plant watering and mail pick up.

* Visits currently 7am-9am, 5:30pm-8pm M-F. Anytime on weekends and most holidays

** An extra $15 will be charged on holidays

Pricing seems fair to me. Looked at other local businesses and based pricing off of what they are charging...

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log