Hurley's Battle log

Thanks for the support! :)

And I think your idea of just getting in a practice interview. I haven't been interviewed in 7 years (haven't been able to get to that point even with all the resumes I put out there :/ ).

No gym yesterday. Slept horribly so tried to catch a little more in the morning. Was thinking of just hula hooping after work, but I was in such a fowl (foul?) mood yesterday, I just sat on the couch and read until dinner, then disappeared into my room. My mom tried to make me feel better, but it just made me more angry. It was most likely due to lack of sleep, dealing with an idiototic mistake at work that never should have happened in the first place, and just general unhappiness about my parents.

But, going to a friends birthday party today. There will be games and s'mores. So it will all be good.

And I've lost .06 pounds! Not a lot, but after so long of straight gaining (and after a 3 pound weight gain last month) this tiny bit is a plus. I was certain I was going to be back in the 190s range, which I haven't been in since 2004. Going to continue to focus on my food and see what else I can lose before comic con and my doctors appointment.

• Like 1

"You won't find your answers by looking to the stars. It's a journey you'll have to take by looking inside yourself. You must write your destiny..." Christopher Reeve as Dr. Virgil Swann

Current challenge

Old Challenges: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th9th, 10th11th, 12th, 13th, 14th

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

I think I ate back my weight loss. Totally worth it. Those were some of the best deviled eggs, and honestly, the best cheeseburger I've ever had. Now to go into a good coma.

• Like 1

"You won't find your answers by looking to the stars. It's a journey you'll have to take by looking inside yourself. You must write your destiny..." Christopher Reeve as Dr. Virgil Swann

Current challenge

Old Challenges: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th9th, 10th11th, 12th, 13th, 14th

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

Who gets hungover from Mikes Hard Lemonade? Apparently this girl. I've had such a headache all day. And I only had 3 over the course of 6 hours yesterday. Just goes to show how much I actually drink (which is that I pretty much don't). Water and advil, you are my friend today.

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

I do too! I think it's from all the sugar.

Sent from my iPhone while riding a unicorn through the cosmos.

• Like 1

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

So glad I'm not the only one!!

And all the sugar makes sense. A sugar hangover instead of an alcohol hangover. I'm gonna go with that.

• Like 1

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

Am I invisible? What the hell do I need to do to make you listen to me? I've clearly told you the answers to all these questions you're asking everyone else, but yet, you can't seem to remember that.

I get absolutely not respect in this office (except from my friend who brought me a peanut butter chocolate cookie to make me feel better). I may need to move up my time frame.

• Like 1

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

Am I invisible? What the hell do I need to do to make you listen to me? I've clearly told you the answers to all these questions you're asking everyone else, but yet, you can't seem to remember that.

I get absolutely not respect in this office (except from my friend who brought me a peanut butter chocolate cookie to make me feel better). I may need to move up my time frame.

Ahhhh yes.  Well, if it's any comfort ... I've lost about 15 pounds and have gone down a size in the last three months and absolutely NO ONE in my workplace has said one word to me.  Not one.  We are a huge force of about 28 people who've worked together for 15+ years, most of us, and for that most of us, as we've gotten older the weight has gone the other way.  Talk about non-supportive workplaces.  "NAH NAH NAH WE CAN'T SEE YOU."  And yet we are constantly bombarded with health & fitness "propaganda" from our various campus campaigns to enable us to help ourselves to better health.  Oh noes!  But ... we can't "Atta boy!" each other!!!

• Like 1

Human ... Guinea Pig

"Discovery requires experimentation."  -- Dr. Werner Reinhardt, HYDRA.

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/67455-legio-ix-aux-equus-albus-ludus/

It's just frustrating, because she didn't like me from day 1 just because of who my father was. And now that she's in power, nothing has changed. She sees more of what I do, but still doesn't like it/me.

Have my moved up progress check-in meeting today. I know I shouldn't be nervous. Just knowing that my manager and supervisor were in my bosses office for 2 1/2 hours yesterday, and overhearing part of the convo when walking by (she is not a quiet person) and finding out it was about me... I have a feeling this meeting won't be going in my favor. I hate mircomanagment.

But, I'm going to try to make my biggest worry today be whether or not I stay a redhead or go brunette with red streaks.

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

I'm also trying to decide if I want to buy this shirt or not...

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

I say yes to both!

hope your meeting is better than you expect. <3

• Like 1

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

I'd go for both, and that hair is gorgeous! :)

Hope things go okay for you!

• Like 1

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Becomes Her Own Hero

Jedi Battle Log

“Keep Calm, Carry On, and Don't Freeze Up!”

- Oboro Shirakumo (Loud Cloud), My Hero Academia Vigilantes

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46#47#48#49#50#51#52#53#54#55#56#57#58#59#60#61#62#63

I'm going to get the shirt :)

I do, if that swings it for you! 

I hope your meeting goes ok. Why don't they like you because of your dad?

My dad used to be boss. So when I got hired I was "the bosses daughter" with absolutely no experience, only a college degree. It took awhile, but everyone warmed up to me, except her. And then my dad stepped down and she became boss...

And, I am a dumbass. I don't know how to read. My meeting is in two weeks, on the 28th. At least I got the day of the week right. *slaps forehead* I could have sworn that meeting maker said the 14th!

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

Bought the shirt. And did my hair like the picture.

And I wish I had the money to hire my new girl to wash my hair every night! The girl I've been seeing for about 6 years now, left for a new job, so I saw a new one last night. My first hint that she was totally different was that she was brushed every single knot out of my hair while in the middle of dying it. So she'd grab a section, comb it out from root to tip, and then apply the dye. Never had anyone do that before. And then she washed my hair. I was in heaven. She pretty much gave me a scalp massage. Best wash ever!!

Now to hit the gym, and then shock everyone at work that I have dark brown hair.

• Like 2

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

yay for new hair and shirt! and gym!

I LOVE a good hair wash. so nice. I consider that kind of thing self-care, and self-care is super important.

• Like 1

I'm getting a lot of steps in today. Between my two bottles of water I drank while working out, I've had my protein shake which was just milk with vanilla protein powder. I think I've made a trip to the bathroom three times already this morning, lol.

• Like 1

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

Been absent that past couple days. Nothing really going on.

Went to the gym yesterday, had to skip my deadlifts and the elliptical. My sinuses were acting up and making me a little dizzy. So I instead walked a mile on the treadmill (took me 25 minutes). My feet have also been hurting since Wednesday. I think I need new sneakers. I'll hit DSW when I'm out today.

I decided that while I love my hair color, it's too short now. I'm going to grow it out a little bit.

Did the math, I've gained 38 pounds over the past 4 1/2 years :(

And my mom woke me up from a nice dream featuring Stephen Amell this morning :(

But, I'm off to the chiropractor, so massage here I come! :)

• Like 1

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

Alright, time to decide if I partake in the next challenge, or sit this one out again...

As far as my weekend went, it was okay. If I do do the next challenge, I know it will be focused on food. Too much sugar this weekend.

Had family staying, they showed up Wednesday, maybe Thursday, I can't remember at this point. They showed up around the same time last week and stayed until Monday, then left and then came back. I believe they said they are leaving back for "home" tomorrow (they are snowbirds that officially sold their northern home and are now "homeless" until it gets cooler in Florida and they head back). Now, I don't mind them, however:

1) I can't be around people 24/7

2) My home is my sanctuary where I don't have to be "on" all the time

House guests kill that. I don't get to be by myself without being made feel guilty that I'm being antisocial. I just need time to myself! My parents just don't seem to get that. I also don't like being told a ticket to a show I don't want to see was bought for me and then have everyone be surprised when I say I don't want to go. I was never asked if I wanted to go! Told my mom this and she said that the plan was to buy tickets for another show, but our friend bought it for another one instead and just bought one for me. Well, I never knew of the original plan, and I wouldn't have wanted to see the original play either. Yes, I like the theater, and any other time maybe. But not when I haven't been able to have a moment to myself for over a week.

So, sorry, that I've been absent here for the past week. Apparently when I went into hiding, I went into hiding from everyone! But it was so nice having the house to myself last night and then almost all day today. My cats enjoyed it too! They've been more traumatized than I have with them around. The boy has accepted them and will come out and be a little social, but the girl. My poor girl. She's hiding underneath my bed right now and won't even come out for me. They haven't done a thing to her, but she just doesn't like strangers.

Now, off to bed so I can get some sleep to go to the gym. Turning the hall light off (and hopefully that stays off - another battle from this week) and going to bed. Bag is all packed and I am ready!

• Like 1

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

Alright, time to decide if I partake in the next challenge, or sit this one out again...

As far as my weekend went, it was okay. If I do do the next challenge, I know it will be focused on food. Too much sugar this weekend.

Had family staying, they showed up Wednesday, maybe Thursday, I can't remember at this point. They showed up around the same time last week and stayed until Monday, then left and then came back. I believe they said they are leaving back for "home" tomorrow (they are snowbirds that officially sold their northern home and are now "homeless" until it gets cooler in Florida and they head back). Now, I don't mind them, however:

House guests kill that. I don't get to be by myself without being made feel guilty that I'm being antisocial. I just need time to myself! My parents just don't seem to get that. I also don't like being told a ticket to a show I don't want to see was bought for me and then have everyone be surprised when I say I don't want to go. I was never asked if I wanted to go! Told my mom this and she said that the plan was to buy tickets for another show, but our friend bought it for another one instead and just bought one for me. Well, I never knew of the original plan, and I wouldn't have wanted to see the original play either. Yes, I like the theater, and any other time maybe. But not when I haven't been able to have a moment to myself for over a week.

So, sorry, that I've been absent here for the past week. Apparently when I went into hiding, I went into hiding from everyone! But it was so nice having the house to myself last night and then almost all day today. My cats enjoyed it too! They've been more traumatized than I have with them around. The boy has accepted them and will come out and be a little social, but the girl. My poor girl. She's hiding underneath my bed right now and won't even come out for me. They haven't done a thing to her, but she just doesn't like strangers.

Now, off to bed so I can get some sleep to go to the gym. Turning the hall light off (and hopefully that stays off - another battle from this week) and going to bed. Bag is all packed and I am ready!

I definitely understand that you can't be around people 24/7! I have to go hide sometimes, especially after long periods of time with others. 

• Like 1

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Becomes Her Own Hero

Jedi Battle Log

“Keep Calm, Carry On, and Don't Freeze Up!”

- Oboro Shirakumo (Loud Cloud), My Hero Academia Vigilantes

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46#47#48#49#50#51#52#53#54#55#56#57#58#59#60#61#62#63

Got to the gym this morning. Did my normal work out. Got grossed out when I first went to the benches though, because the person before me didn't wipe down the bench. And they had dandruff and sand all over the bench. So, after a thorough wipe down I got to working out. '

I also left my lunch in my car during the two hours I was there. And by the time I left it was already 80 some odd degrees. I packed a ham and cheese sandwich. Friend here said just to toss it. I'm thinking so. Never crossed my mind to bring it in. It's never this hot in the morning. Oops. Now I need to find something else for lunch. I was thinking of going and getting a quesadilla, but I'm thinking I might just go home and make something. I have a couple hours. We'll see what I end up doing.

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

When I'd retreat to my room as a teen, my dad would accuse me of being a "hermit" and sitting around "ruminating."  Actually I was doing art, writing, etc.  I'm a "bold-introvert" (rather than a "shy-introvert" like my housemate).  A lot of "in my face" social exposure runs me completely down.  I've been "on staycation" last Thursday & Friday ... came in to the library today and it was LOUD with other staff chit-chat!  :(   In a LIBRARY!  Not used to it ...

• Like 1

Human ... Guinea Pig

"Discovery requires experimentation."  -- Dr. Werner Reinhardt, HYDRA.

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/67455-legio-ix-aux-equus-albus-ludus/

I'm not happy. I ordered my shirt last week today, and so far it hasn't even been shipped. I'm not sure it will show up in time for comic-con :(

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

Spent the day at a seminar yesterday. Place was a 1/2 hour - 45 minute drive away. Know the area, there's a nice mall across the street and a movie theater just up the road. But, it being a Wednesday, I knew I was going to hit commuter traffic so I left almost 2 hours early, thinking it would take me 1 1/2 hours to get there. Last time it did. Nope. Only took me 45 minutes. Got there at 8, seminar didn't start until 9. So I had planned on sitting in my car and reading, but that didn't happen. My body decided to finish it's little.... cleanse it had started in the morning. Ugh. I was fine for the rest of the day, but not a way to start a day where you know you'll be stuck in a conference room all day. Turns out my mom wasn't feeling well yesterday morning either, so she's thinking something at dinner the night before may have started to go bad.

I was all excited to have an asiago bagel and a chai latte at lunch. But then I remembered after about 45 minutes of making this plan, that it's Panera with that combo and it was a Starbucks that was next to the hotel :( So, I still got my chai, but got a panini instead. My not so great eating continued when my friend Jessica and I finally got together. After several failed attempts. We ended up at Fridays and got the 4 piece app plate and split it (4 different appetizers).

AND THEN, she announced that she is going to become my Barney, and paid for our dinner and drinks (under the guise of missing my b-day and celebrating my new business venture), but left my phone number on the receipt for the cute waiter. :hororr:  I pretty much ran out of there. I know he won't call.

And I got an email saying my shirt shipped!! I knew I just needed to put a complaint out into the universe to make it happen. And if it hadn't been shipped by today I was going to call anyway.

• Like 1

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log