Hurley's Battle log

That sounds like a fun time though :) Sometimes it's okay to sacrifice your healthier eating for your mental health (aka time with friends). I'd go crazy here alone if I didn't go out places with friends sometimes.  

• Like 1

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Becomes Her Own Hero

Jedi Battle Log

“Keep Calm, Carry On, and Don't Freeze Up!”

- Oboro Shirakumo (Loud Cloud), My Hero Academia Vigilantes

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46#47#48#49#50#51#52#53#54#55#56#57#58#59#60#61#62#63

It was fun. I hadn't seen her since I think March. Every time we tried to hang out since then something has come up and we've had to cancel. I wish we could have spent more than just an hour, but it's always great seeing her. She's been a great sounding board for me the last couple months. Not sure I really would have survived it if she wasn't there for me.

• Like 1

"You won't find your answers by looking to the stars. It's a journey you'll have to take by looking inside yourself. You must write your destiny..." Christopher Reeve as Dr. Virgil Swann

Current challenge

Old Challenges: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th9th, 10th11th, 12th, 13th, 14th

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

I think I've come up with a plan for the next challenge.

1) Track AND measure all food.

I'm fine with tracking, but I think I've become off on what my serving sizes actually are.

2) Do a streak of no k-cup chai lattes.

Basically just see how long I can go without them. I'm going to see if I can do a streak instead of saying "only x amount is allowed per week".

3) Get off my ass and exercise.

It's just become so hard since everything started going downhill. So, do ANYTHING at least twice a week.

And of course, the challenge starts on my off week to begin with. I'll figure out something...

• Like 1

"You won't find your answers by looking to the stars. It's a journey you'll have to take by looking inside yourself. You must write your destiny..." Christopher Reeve as Dr. Virgil Swann

Current challenge

Old Challenges: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th9th, 10th11th, 12th, 13th, 14th

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

ZOMG your friend jessica! that is hilarious!

• Like 1

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

How come conversations with my father (that he thinks are helpful) always leave me feeling like shit?

On the flip side. I got my shirt in the mail yesterday, and I was able to score panel tickets to Hayley Atwell, Billie Piper, and Elvira

• Like 1

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

• Like 1

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

Back to tracking here!!!

Went out with my friend at lunch again, she totally needed to vent, and I don't blame her. Actually ate my lunch around 12 because I was starving. It was just a cheese sandwich. Got my chai smoothie, and we ended up walking around downtown instead of just sitting at the cafe. So, got some bonus steps in!

I think the next week and a half will be a good measure of my food intake and if dinner is as much as a problem I think it may be. My parents are going to be out of town and I'll be in full control of all my meals. Which is going to be hilarious since my cooking skills are minimal at best. My friend was laughing at me when I was telling her it took me 20 minutes to cut up some peppers the other week, and my mistake in college of using cinnamon in a steak marinade instead of something else (I still can't remember what, but they looked the same in the spice cabinet and I didn't read the label properly before using).

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

So, the trend I see so far: left on my own I tend to under eat. Yesterday, I ate 1,224 calories. According to fitbit, I was under goal by 400 something calories. I already have it set at a 500 calorie deficit. Oops. I will most likely eat everything back on Sunday at the faire.

• Like 1

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

So, the trend I see so far: left on my own I tend to under eat. Yesterday, I ate 1,224 calories. According to fitbit, I was under goal by 400 something calories. I already have it set at a 500 calorie deficit. Oops. I will most likely eat everything back on Sunday at the faire.

Balancing how much food to eat is hard. That's something I'm trying to learn myself, especially since I started lifting recently. But yeah, be careful of eating too little, it can make you less productive and tired and stuff

• Like 2

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Battle Log

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46#47#48#49#50#51#52#53#54#55#56#57#58#59#60#61#62#63

Balancing how much food to eat is hard. That's something I'm trying to learn myself, especially since I started lifting recently. But yeah, be careful of eating too little, it can make you less productive and tired and stuff

I just got back from vacation and while I kept myself happily active (even took a 26# KB with me), nevertheless, the "fork discipline" was definitely relaxed.  Now it's back to managing the IM/eating window and lack of time to eat quiet and unhurried.  Yesterday at work we ran ourselves right into a bonk ...

We were just gi-normously starved after having "any time" meal flexibility on vacation.  Oops!  And trying to keep healthy eating materials at work is impossible: not enough refrigerator space, no prep area. 

Balancing the whole smash is a Dark Art.

• Like 2

Human ... Guinea Pig

"Discovery requires experimentation."  -- Dr. Werner Reinhardt, HYDRA.

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/67455-legio-ix-aux-equus-albus-ludus/

Had one of my rare vegetarian days. And, I can say I didn't under eat. I only tracked 1268 yesterday, but the two pieces of lemon crumb cake thing was not included (because I don't know the information). So in reality I'm sure I'm up around 1400.

So glad today is Friday. All day yesterday I thought it was. So nice to wake up to the actual day :)

• Like 1

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

Had one of my rare vegetarian days. And, I can say I didn't under eat. I only tracked 1268 yesterday, but the two pieces of lemon crumb cake thing was not included (because I don't know the information). So in reality I'm sure I'm up around 1400.

So glad today is Friday. All day yesterday I thought it was. So nice to wake up to the actual day :)

Congrats! Hope you have a good day and hope things start getting easier

• Like 1

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Battle Log

Went vegetarian again on Friday. But went back to meat over the weekend. But, I do think it's good that I can go a day or two without eating any. Not something I'm going to make as a lifestyle, but overall health taking a day or two here and there can't be a bad thing.

Went up to New Hampshire with my friend on Saturday. I hit up the tea store in the mall. Just wanted to get a new tumbler, but ended up buying about $90 worth of tea. Which then ended up all over the trunk of my car. Someone cut me off on the highway forcing me to slam on my brakes. The bag tipped over and the caps came off the tea. And of course it was the more expensive green tea that emptied the most. Luckily my trunk is usually only used for shopping bags, so it's fairly clean. So I just scooped up most of it and put it back in the container. There's still some back there I need to vacuum out. My car smelled like tea this morning. This morning's tea is Chinese sweet tea mixed with green tea. I like it. The sweet tea is sweet enough to cover the taste of the green. This will most likely be my go to. I'll try the black and green tomorrow.

And the whole reason we went to NH, I got my roller derby gear! Actually met one of the girls whose on the league I'd be joining. She was working at the shop and fitted me for everything. She even almost convinced my friend to join. Which I think she will eventually, because she was interested in it a couple years ago. I figure, if I don't like derby, I now at least have all the gear to just roller skate for fun and get exercise that way. I'd need different knee pads, but that's okay. I had a slight panic attack yesterday. What the hell did I get myself into, I can get seriously hurt. But, I could get seriously hurt snowboarding or skiing too. Hell, I almost got shot when I was doing archery. I just hope that I like it and that I make the team.

• Like 1

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

I'm so excited about you and derby! and thankful you could save most of the tea. my trunk is so horrible that I was cringing until you described your lovely clean trunk.

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

I stared at it all for like 5 minutes debating on whether I should or not. I even texted my friend and she agreed to do it. I'm pretty sure my neighbor heard some choice words when I opened my trunk. I was really relieved when I remembered that I don't really use my trunk a lot. When I did it was for archery, so the only things going in were my bow and quiver w/arrows. Now, if I had driven my mom or dads car, I would still be sitting in the driveway crying over the lost tea, lol. I even thought of grabbing the containers and receipt and going to the nearest store and seeing if they could refill it for free. Doubt it would have happened, but a girl could try.

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

Oh, and I started talking to another girl I know from pre-college days who used to do derby. She gave me some great tips. Like, always bend your knees. Because when you fall (and you will fall a lot), you'll be closer to the ground. Which, I think that is the best tip of all!

• Like 1

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

Oh, and I started talking to another girl I know from pre-college days who used to do derby. She gave me some great tips. Like, always bend your knees. Because when you fall (and you will fall a lot), you'll be closer to the ground. Which, I think that is the best tip of all!

AND your butt will look amazing from all the squats!

Yes!! The girl who was fitting me for the gear said the same thing. I'm basically going to be doing a squat for 2 hours during practice. The only downside is that one leg will get bigger because you only skate left, so I'll have to figure out something to help off set that. I'm thinking of looking at what speed skaters do, since they essentially do that same thing, just on ice (and it's actually illegal for them to knock people off the track...).

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

Last night I decided to put on my skates and skate around the house. I was fine on carpet. Then I hit the fake tiled kitchen floor. To say I looked like a drunk Bambi on ice is not enough. I couldn't even stand still without flailing my arms, lol. I have some work to do. My friend is going to help. She's gone this weekend (and I get to sit her sweet dog!), but will help me next week.

I have no idea what I want for dinner tonight. The taco meat and pulled pork are over a week old, so they should be tossed. I don't feel like chicken. And there's no Hot Pockets (which is a good thing). I can't even make my own hot pockets since I think the ham should be tossed too. My mom bought it on 8/22. I don't want to spend the money to pick something up.

I'm screwed.

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

Dinner ended up being tortilla scoop chips with cheese melted on them and milk, I really wasn't hungry for a full meal. My sandwich and smoothie filled me up more than I thought.

And I just booked my first real official (non friend) client. Four days a week for the month of October. A little panicked because I told a friend I would watch her dog for a long weekend in October. This person wants me for an hour. So, haven't figured out how I can do both during my lunch break as planned. I'll figure something out.

• Like 1

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

*sigh* scratch the new client. Now seems shady. Wants to send me a check that includes the money for a seller of dog cages that he's buying from. He wants me to deduct my money and then send the remaining money to the dealer. Yea, not doing that.

sent from my phone that likes to autocorrect to something else, and where I can type on to begin with.

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

Thanks. He initially said he just wanted to put a down payment for the month before they moved here. Then he came up with the dog cage dealer crap. I said no. And he begged - literally said I am begging you - but I said no. Haven't heard from him since. Ugh. Scammers. It's a good thing I know what the signs are.

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

I really wish I could go into my closet and pull out anything and know it will fit. Put on a shirt that has historically been too big. Today, however, it is tight in the arms, and is now really fitted.

If all my measurements go up again in two weeks, I am going to be a very unhappy, extremely frustrated and pissed off girl.

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

Hey dear, how are you doing?

Sent from my K007 using Tapatalk