Moving right along, footloose and fancy free :D

tumblr_mxlxkngGDx1sw6xojo1_500.gif

Alright, so for the viewers just turning in.... I'm PrincessHeather and I'm one of the Warrior guild leaders. I was once a severe calorie restricter and cardio punisher, but I have since see the light and I try to eat a mostly clean diet (paleo/primal/WAP mix) and lift heavy things. I started with completing the New Rules of Lifting for Women program, and then as life got busy things have sort of gotten off track and I'm finally in a place to get things back on the road, so to speak. I have about 1 month to finalize all elements of my final grad school project (after some major hiccups), and will graduate before the end of this challenge. I have also been unhappy in my job for the past 3 years, and I just this week left that job and started someplace new, which so far is just awesome! And I'm pretty happy and comfortable and adjusted to life in Alaska now, it's like 35 degrees and I'm not even cold! So things have fallen into place after all being thrown into overdrive last fall, and my hope is that will new focus and routine and the weight of grad school lifting off my shoulders, I'm going to be able to get my health in check and be better equipped to handle whatever new stuff life throws at me.

GOAL #1: SURVIVE FINAL MONTH OF GRAD SCHOOL

tumblr_lva8wsQL3Y1qjexcx.gif

This is pretty simple, its pass/fail, as in GRADUATE OR ELSE. Final presentation is on May 13th. MEEP!

GOAL #2: Get into routine with fitness again.

Fozzy-Bear.gif

I need to establish a new routine, as my job is in a completely different part of town and I'm already learning a new commute and job routine. Its, the perfect time to get things established. I was NO good at planning my own workouts either, and if left to my own devices I completely neglect upper body work. SO, I have embarked on going through the New Rules of Lifting Supercharged program. I know that Stronglifts and such are far more popular on the boards, but honestly that method has alwasy devolved in me doing squats or deadlifts and then going home, so it's just not righ for me.

Supercharged has "basic training" up first which is split up into A and B workouts. Goal is one A and one B a week. Summer is also approaching fast, which means that

GOAL #3: Stop eating like a crazy person!

tumblr_loisbisfrm1qmpg90o1_500.gif

When we moved, all my habits and meal planning and cooking routines sort of got ruined... moving across the country will do that. I got hooked on junky stuff while travelling, and I'm really only now being more discplined and/or deliberate in the things that are worth it in terms of junk food or less than ideal choices. I'm trying to meal plan for real now, since that should also mean having more leftovers around for lunches, and keeping our grocery budget in check in a place where produce is super pricey.

Let the internet hilarity ensue, like Statler and Waldorf here!

old-guys-laughing-gif.gif

TL;DR Version:

1. Graduate, it's that simple.

2. Lift 2x/week, at least one bonus activity (hiking/zumba/yoga/etc).

3. Rough meal planning is a must, and eat well.

Starting Stats TBD

Thanks ya'll... You'll find that I'm just a kid at heart, and muppets and disney and all that are totally my thing.

My challenge goals, simple as they are, are now updated in the first post.

Week Zero: I have done one lifting session and my bonus session of Zumba, just need to get to the gym tomorrow and I'll be there. I'll be spending the weekend on paper edits and meal planning in preparation for week one!

Sub'd

Want to see how you survive the last month of grad school. What do you study?

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge
Previously known as: Curl Brogo, Darwins_Demon, Vincent Van Bro

2020 Respawn Battle Log || Tarly's Ten Level Nutrition Plan

My Fitness Pal Profile || NF Epic Quest Character Page || Instagram

Weight Loss Quest: Start 270 lbs., Goal 199 lbs., Current 270 lbs., Waist: ,45.0 in., Bodyfat%: 33%

I'm so glad your new job is going so well. It's been a rough several weeks at my job, and I'm letting stress get to me too much. So I'm envious of your new situation. Although maybe not QUITE enough to abandon ship. Yet. :)

Good luck with your challenge! 

What's nice about the new job is that it's new completely to the organization... before they had a "secretary" and she was quite content to just sit if there wasn't much happening. It's not an "office manager" and they are hopeful/encouraging me to define my role and build my own tasks and priorities for whatever I see as being efficient use of resources and methods of keeping the staff all on the same page and serving the congregation. So it's low stress and somewhat creative, so I'm feeling good at the end of the day.

Sub'd

Want to see how you survive the last month of grad school. What do you study?

I study nonprofit management, as a concentration within a masters of public administration program. I hope one day to open a fitness/diet based nonprofit organization to help underpriveledged youth be healthier, but right now, as I was explaining to squatcake, I just started as the office manager for my church. As an organization, there is a HUGE focus on community outreach and community service, so I'll be helping forge the way on some of our activities as I move forward.

OH muh gawwwwwwwwwwwwwd! Your Fozzie gif for goal 2 is thebestgifeverusedtoaccuratelyportrayagoal!

Seriously, I died. 

And hi!

• Like 2

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

What's nice about the new job is that it's new completely to the organization... before they had a "secretary" and she was quite content to just sit if there wasn't much happening. It's not an "office manager" and they are hopeful/encouraging me to define my role and build my own tasks and priorities for whatever I see as being efficient use of resources and methods of keeping the staff all on the same page and serving the congregation. So it's low stress and somewhat creative, so I'm feeling good at the end of the day.

Nice! That sounds like a perfect situation. Building your own job is something you don't appreciate until you're in one that's not quite a fit and would be better "if only." Plus, low-stress and creative. WIN!

• Like 1

Shape-Shifting Ginger
Current Battle Log

2" washers for smaller weight increases

I love everything about this! BEST OF LUCK MY FRIEND!

90+ Masters Weightlifter

Current Lift PRs
Snatch: 93kg/205lb // Clean and Jerk: 113kg/248lb // Back Squat: 170kg/375lb

Spoiler

2016 USAW Senior Nationals - 6th place

2015 USAW American Open - 8th place
2015 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place
2014 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place

2013 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place

Instagram - MyFitnessPal

OH muh gawwwwwwwwwwwwwd! Your Fozzie gif for goal 2 is thebestgifeverusedtoaccuratelyportrayagoal!

Seriously, I died. 

And hi!

There is a shocking LACK of Muppets gifs on teh interwebz, so when I saw that one I knew I had to use it. And that little move might be the only fitness I got this weekend :D

Nice! That sounds like a perfect situation. Building your own job is something you don't appreciate until you're in one that's not quite a fit and would be better "if only." Plus, low-stress and creative. WIN!

Yes, so far it's been really fun and since we're just starting out in a new database system, I'm stretching my computer skills a tiny bit and helping them implement some new stuff. I'm REALLY thrilled with my decision to take this job.

I love everything about this! BEST OF LUCK MY FRIEND!

Thank you Angela!

So, worst start to a challenge ever has got to be getting a head cold and getting nothing done whatsoever for days. I'm pretty sure that I'm going to die at the end of the weekend when my paper is done. Ugh.

tumblr_lvlrd4Abep1r79b05o1_500_thumb%252

This one makes me happy.

90+ Masters Weightlifter

Current Lift PRs
Snatch: 93kg/205lb // Clean and Jerk: 113kg/248lb // Back Squat: 170kg/375lb

Spoiler

2016 USAW Senior Nationals - 6th place

2015 USAW American Open - 8th place
2015 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place
2014 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place

2013 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place

Instagram - MyFitnessPal

Jason Segal's face in that one is perfect LOL

ARG, so much stress! I'm down to the wire on my grad project. I have three looming deadlines, one of which is to have a full draft of this paper done. Which means analysis of my survey data, coding written responses, making the 1st half reccommended edits, and making my final arguments/conclusion. AND I'm still waiting on data from the nonprofit themselves, I have a feeling I'm about to be royally screwed. I need that info by this weekend or I can't make my main deliverable, a chart of revenue vs impact. Ugh... I'm not cut out for academia, but I guess after 8 years of college and grad school its a little late to realize this now.

I'm probably going to only do zumba and some very light kettlebell work, if I manage to do any working out at all. All other goals fall behind graduation.

AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

giphy.gif

I'm late to the party but subbing to follow along. :) I'd like to get to know some of the awesome people known as the Warriors before I'm able to join you all next challenge.

Welcome to the rebellion TheStephill!

Jason Segal's face in that one is perfect LOL

ARG, so much stress! I'm down to the wire on my grad project. I have three looming deadlines, one of which is to have a full draft of this paper done. Which means analysis of my survey data, coding written responses, making the 1st half reccommended edits, and making my final arguments/conclusion. AND I'm still waiting on data from the nonprofit themselves, I have a feeling I'm about to be royally screwed. I need that info by this weekend or I can't make my main deliverable, a chart of revenue vs impact. Ugh... I'm not cut out for academia, but I guess after 8 years of college and grad school its a little late to realize this now.

I'm probably going to only do zumba and some very light kettlebell work, if I manage to do any working out at all. All other goals fall behind graduation.

AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

giphy.gif

No one ever said it was easy being green, but you've got this PH :).

Get it!

This message was generated by a room full of monkeys typing randomly--as you can see, they are far from producing Shakespeare.

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge
Previously known as: Curl Brogo, Darwins_Demon, Vincent Van Bro

2020 Respawn Battle Log || Tarly's Ten Level Nutrition Plan

My Fitness Pal Profile || NF Epic Quest Character Page || Instagram

Weight Loss Quest: Start 270 lbs., Goal 199 lbs., Current 270 lbs., Waist: ,45.0 in., Bodyfat%: 33%

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines