RPG Fanatics Guild - Battle of the FROSTkING

I finally did some stuff last night and today!

Last night:

• 40 lunges = 4 dead
  • 50 squats = 5 dead
  • 10 push ups = 1 dead

This morning:

• 40 lunges = 4 dead
  • 60 squats = 6 dead
  • 10 push ups = 1 dead

So my total is....21 Dead!

This might be my total goal for this challenge, but well see :)

• Like 4

Level 8 Half Elf Ranger

STR:19 ~ DEX:6 ~ CON:21 ~ WIS:20 ~ STA:12 ~ CHA:9

Current Challenge - Previous Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12

"Keep your friends close, and your enemies within 10 feet of the pack."

Today I got my hammer workout in. Ah so love swinging that hammer around.  After the first Ranger challenge where I didn't get any dynamic warm ups in. I have since added them into my workouts. In the form of incline push ups, bodyweight squats and lunges. Handy for this challenge. 

15 squats 15pts

14 incline push ups 7pts

10 lunges 10pts

48 barbarian squats 48pts

Total for today 80pts

Total this week 380pts 38 Draugr decapitated.

Thom had managed to fight his way back to where ChristArtist was astride her horse. "Dear heart, You will need your servants to prepare two large bonfires. After the battle is over and before moonrise, we must burn the corpses and the heads separately. Lest the Draugr rise again."

With that Thom turned back to the fray. Chanting; "If victory you want, then victory runes you must carve. On thy hilt some, on thy blade some and call twice upon Tyr."

Then with Vebrondir in hand he drew the Tyr rune in front of the warriors. Crackling red it flowed out, touching each hilt and blade. The runes on his own blade shone red with maegen [pronounced mae-yen, magical power, similar to chi, prana, or mana], "Tyr, Tyr!" Thom shouted and charged towards the nearest draugr.

Red_Tyr_Rune_Black_Fabric.png

• Like 3

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

Am I going to beat you to fifty Ravnos?

• Like 1

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

Got bored today, decided to do a running pb for pushups and see how many i could pull off in a day.

246 pushups later...

(Basically 12 sets of 20 across the day)

My arms hate me. But im rather proud of what i did ;3

But, still - New running total of draugr, 42. Beat the 2 score bet. Aiming for 75 by the end of the week.

• Like 4

"If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment"

- Marcus Aurelius

ASFKBLASJFKSDJ... Just found out the gym I've been considering switching to (once I go back to the gym, bleh), lost their boxing instructor... and is adding two Muay Thai, MMA and Judo trainers. Wow, such awesome. Much excite.

• Like 3

Level 5 Viking Berserker

Str: 10 | Dex: 10 | Stam: 8 | Con: 15 | Wis: 18 | Cha: 12

Battle Log || Current Challenge Log

Fitocracy | My Fitness Pal | Runkeeper

Twitter | Xbox Live: ravnos13 | PSN: CrawlingChaos13

Nintendo ID | Steam ID | Battle.net: ravnos#1547

"Aye, brother Thom" says ChristArtist, as she turns her horse around - to head back to manse, to Minion, and the staff. First, she checks in with Minion on the care of the wounded....and she climbs down from the horse, taking up her rod and staff as crutches - because of her frozen leg. While on the horse, she could move...

"Hilda and Heidi - please find the men available to build two large bonfires on either side of the green - There is a man - Thom is his name - and another, Teros, that will give instructions for destroyting these creatures."

She walks in, and looks at @QuickDraw - and lets him know how the battle is going..."the salve that lord WildRoss had created - please bring it here!"

She asks her maids to apply it to QuickDraw as she applies some to her leg...the weight of the ice is making her knee ache, and pulling her balance off as she rides, but there is much to be done.

She drinks some warm broth - and instructs QuickDraw to do the same. "soon, we will know the answer for this attack - the cure against this magic! Teros is battling with only one arm...and, i thank God that I have silver...If you need anything - be sure to ask! This place is your home as well."

The horse has been fed some and watered, and brought to the door of the great hall - and she climbs up on it, with only a hint that her leg hurts with the ice. "back to support my friends!"

Running total this week - 16 kills

today's running total:

15 air squats - 15 points

20 water parallel squats(1/2 points) - 10 points

50 water lunges (1/2 points) 25 points

Noon total - 50 points - 5 more dead

pushups to come....

will add in edit mode today.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

In His hands and Under His wings, Phil 4:13; Is 40:31; Jer 29:11
 Adventurer by choice

The way I have been going on my Armstrong days I should be getting close to 60 by tonight. Then the weekend to go

Sent from my GT-I9507 using Tapatalk

Well I just hit my target of a score of Draugr. Teros, you may have made these guys to easy to kill. :tongue:

nah, everyone's just even more awesome this time around.

Question for the push ups experts: i doine with my elbows close to my body, sort of like a dip. What are those called specificlly?

Yeah those are the regular military style. I think those would be considered 'regular'.

I do wide-grip pushups. Works the chest more.

Draugr Slaying Totals so far:

clarys - 51

BarefootDawsy- 23

ravnos - 37

t2sarahconnor - 50

lilbichy- 20

moomin- 35

christartist - 22

chris-tien Jinn - 32

edigo - 12

red1263 - 44

lycan thom - 38

lupus - 42

wildross - 50

missrebecca - 21

teros - 20

nordentipwel - 26.3

90 kneeling pushups = 45 points

55 squats

10 lunges (each leg)

110 points for 11 more dead northern zombie types.  Should be 44 total so far. 

• Like 1

Some kind of Jedi .....

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

“THE QUESTION ISN'T WHO IS GOING TO LET ME; IT'S WHO IS GOING TO STOP ME?” Ayn Rand

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49

Push-ups: 45 = 4.5

Squats: 70 = 7

Lunges: 60 = 6

Total = 44 + 17.5 = 61 Draugr slain!

• Like 3

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

KingLeeroy, tried not to let the fear grip hold of her but the draugr were so relentless, she stood gazing at the party battling around her frozen, she slowly collected her resolve and struck into the fight.

Sorry for the MIA, rested up for drumming and then recovered only felt ready for body weight today.

Body weight Squat: 40 = 4

Kneeling push-ups: 10 = 0.5

Regular push-ups: 5 = 0.5

Lunges: 20 = 2

Assisted Pull Ups: 10 = 0.5

Assisted Chin-Ups: 10 = 0.5

= 9 Kills

• Like 4

Be More Ninja

Current Challenge

Instagram

I swear I left a post around here somewhere ....

8 fell to my daggers today, and another is limping around.

So ... 52 total down.  And one to finish off tomorrow. 

• Like 2

Some kind of Jedi .....

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

“THE QUESTION ISN'T WHO IS GOING TO LET ME; IT'S WHO IS GOING TO STOP ME?” Ayn Rand

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49

The waves of draugr were thinning out. Piles of corpses lay strewn about.  While TheMostLoathed was fighting off a draugr; another came up behind him.  Stabbing through his arm; Sulak pelted the monster in the eye with an arrow. The draugr reeled back; giving TheMostLoathed a brief second to catch his breath from his injury and lop the monster's head off.

The group was scattered along the battelfield. Few warriors were bleeding out while the battle raged all around them.  Teros cracked another draugr in the chest with his warhammer and spun around, cutting the draugr's head off with his short sword.  Sulak was ambushed and his deformed leg was smashed by a draugr's mace.  He howled in pain.  Lycan Thom heard and rescued Sulak with another beheading.  'TWENTY!' he cried.  Lupus heard the proclamation.  'TWENTY-ONE!' Lupus hollered back.  Lycan Thom let out a growl in response

ChristArtist was wielding her defensive spells to deflect draugr attacks from feet away- sparing countless lives as the draugr ganged up on certain adventurers.  Many a blow bounced off of an arcane shield instead of piercing into someone's back.

Two draugr took notice of ChristArtist's wizardry and charged her.  She flung a dagger at one; halting it for just a moment.  The other came barreling forward. ChristArtist screamed and WildRoss leap attacked through the air; landing right in front of CA and crushing the draugr's skull.  'My lady, are you ok?' said WildRoss.   'Yes, yes, hurry now!  We have no time to stop until this battle's won!' replied CA.

Ravnos wound around to the side of the battlefield on a small outlook.  Pelting draugr that run by in the back, then hopping down the outlook and beheading them.  "We have this battle won!  ONWARD!" he cried. 

"AAHHH-OOHH!" came the roar of 40+ warriors.

"It felt like a century the fighting waged on.  Certain draugr that were only partially decapitated hobbled forward to be eradicated later.  Skulls crushed and the screams of warriors dying.  The warriors were sturdy folk but the amount of undead was a numbers game from the start.  The tide of battle was turning around; with there only being a trickle left of the undead monsters."

Dusk came as the last few draugr were slain.  The draugr didn't bleed; their life essence all but dried up and decayed away.  Flecks of reddish brown ash lay among the snow; giving the frozen snowy battlefield a dirty speckled look.   Hacked limbs and dead warriors were strewn about.  Draugr heads lay everywhere.  The moaning of the many injured rung through the air as  the last clangs of metal weapons on weapons echoed.  The wardrums had died down.

The ravens surveyed the mess. Destruction everywhere.  Huginn flew ahead around the bend and looked far and wide.  WildRoss yelled to the raven, "Anymore!?"  Huginn puffed his wings out and shouted, "NEVERMORE!  THEY'RE GONE!"

Muninn soared across the battlefield and landed on an injured warrior.  "We need healers.  Before nightfall we need to collect all the draugr heads and burn them.  A separate pile on the other side of the field for the draugr bodies. Burn those too. If we don't, they will eventually reanimate."

T2SarahConnor kicked a draugr skull a few feet.  "If they're all gone, we need to heal, rest, and eat.  Let's get hauling these corpses."

-More Sunday-

(Totals for Draugr kills end sunday morning)

• Like 2

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines