Yea. I think that's just what happens when going after maxes. I was moving up by 20lbs per attempt this morning. Figured if I went too high and failed I'd just try again 5-10lbs lower.

But great job!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I was pretty sure I had 0 chance at making 190 after I failed at 195.  This was largely due to the fact that I had already spent a lot of energy on 185.

For all I know, I would have gotten 195 if I hadn't exerted energy at 185.  Things to think about....

All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it.

Current Challenge

I am no deadlift expert, but I think your form was pretty solid, and better than most people I've seen deadlifting, especially under load.  Maybe some slight rounding, but nothing catastrophic.  Could be fixed by tilting your head up fractionally at the starting position, and pre-loading the bar before you take on the full load.

Someone please chime in if I'm waay off base.

That weight was EASY for you.  Great bar speed.  You definitely have another 20 pounds in the tank.

All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it.

Current Challenge

Hey Wovercast, did you post your vid in the form check forum? (too lazy to check right now). If not I suggest doing so, you'll get more expert eyes on it.

I have posted my deadlift in the form check twice. First at 225 lbs, and again at 340 lbs. Got some good pointers and have been working on it the feedback I got there. This was just for video evidence of my lift :)

Hit a new PR on bench press at 220 lbs.  I figure it's time to check in again.

Squat:  215 (calculated from 5RM here)

Bench:  220 (actual 1RM)

Deadlift:  335 (actual 1RM)

Total:  770

Almost there!   :)

Strong work!

I dinged 325 on deadlift today.  That puts my total at 720.

• Like 2

Current Challenge

2nd day of maxes and I came. I saw. I conquered. Then I got crushed under the bar.

Bench - 195 and 205 went up relatively easily.  225 went up UGLY.  My butt didn't come up off the bench, but the elbows started to flare and my left side was lagging.  BUT I kept pushing and got the weight up, so I was very, very proud of this.  Especially since bench was by far my weakest lift when I started. Tried 230# and that's where I was crushed.

Bench -> 225lbs

Squat -> 315lbs

Deadlift -> currently 285, full test tomorrow.

BUT B225+S315+D285 = 825lbs!!!

• Like 2

Completed my deadlift 1RM today and got 355 lbs. I checked the video, and didn't like my form, so I stopped. I feel like I am rounding my back too much among other form issues. So for now, I will lower it back down and keep working my form.

Video below. Its a little crooked because I had it on top of a punching bag.

I think you start a bit too high, and your hips are the first to come up. Also, bend your knees a bit more and lean back some as you start and focus on keeping your shoulder blades together, as you come up.

I recently found this video to be helpful...

That said, I'm way overdue for taking a form check on my own deadlift. :/

• Like 1

=====================================================================================================

--Stronkey Kong--

Nice! Welcome to the 800 club!! :)

On a different note: I have no idea how you can do a max bench without arching your back at least a little bit. That's really impressive.

Thanks!

I have no idea how people bench with feet flat on the ground. I've tried it and never feel like I have the strength I'm use to.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I think you start a bit too high, and your hips are the first to come up. Also, bend your knees a bit more and lean back some as you start and focus on keeping your shoulder blades together, as you come up.

I recently found this video to be helpful...

That said, I'm way overdue for taking a form check on my own deadlift. :/

Thanks DD. I follow strength camp (Elliot Hulse) on youtube :) and have seen that before. I agree with all that you said. If I am lifting less than 300#, I usually look pretty good, but it just flies out the window when the weights get higher.

315lbs deadlift this morning.  Can't say that I have the same brute strength that wovercast has, but I definitely felt my strength compensate for my form.  I think my initial setup is a bit off after reviewing the video.  Will trim and edit it and put in the form check thread to see what others say.

But that's an 855lbs total.  B-225; S-315, DL-315!

315lbs deadlift this morning.  Can't say that I have the same brute strength that wovercast has, but I definitely felt my strength compensate for my form.  I think my initial setup is a bit off after reviewing the video.  Will trim and edit it and put in the form check thread to see what others say.

But that's an 855lbs total.  B-225; S-315, DL-315!

Another graduate!  

Oh... to have your squat....

Current Challenge