The Primal-ish Syren

Syren

On reading a bit more, the things I like are: 1. Based on what I know about diet, it sounds healthy. Most foods that don't come in a package and aren't processed are basically good for you 2. It doesn't seem to have a lot of hard and fast rules. You aren't cutting out an entire food group or macronutrient. For this reason, it could be reasonably easy to follow 3. It seems to allow for freeganism, which people love 4. You are eating to save the world. You're a hero!

Class and Profession: Level 23 Borg Queen 

Low carbon diet? I'm picturing you traveling through space in search of silicon-based life-forms to devour...?

I was totally overawed by the listing of workouts - you're obviously keeping the pressure on in week 6.

• Like 1

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

Interesting, low carbon diet. What's your plan? Farmers markets? Veganism? Victory garden? :)

The plan is to hit up the Farmer's Markets right now. I don't have enough space and light on my balcony for Victory Garden vegetables. However, I do have a massive sweet potato vine and some bell pepper and tomato seedlings coming up right now. I need to give them a nutrient wash when I get home tonight. I might get a little out of my tiny space :D

I tried Veganism, but it was not for me.  There are easier ways to eat, like getting protein from locally caught fish or locally raised poultry. I don't hold to the belief that killing animals for food is evil, as long as it is done in a way that uses the whole critter (Kind of like your WAPFY diet last challenge, I totally dug that!) and attempts to be humane about it (like raising it with plenty of pasture and the right kind of forage food, taking it away from the rest of the flock in the end, finding the quickest way to dispatch without additional suffering, etc).  There is also a local farm that makes cheese down here, so if I really want milk or cheese I know where to get it. There is a dairy goat farm local too! When I get the time for it, I hope to start making yogurt again. It was soooooo good! 

Low carbon diet? I'm picturing you traveling through space in search of silicon-based life-forms to devour...?

I was totally overawed by the listing of workouts - you're obviously keeping the pressure on in week 6.

Well, I could have solar panels then on my little spaceship searching of the silicon-based life forms for devouring ;)

*In lack of space faring devices, noms a tomato for its rich silicon nutrient broth instead.*

STRENGTH (0) | DEXTERITY (-1) | CONSTITUTION (1) | WISDOM (3) | INTELLIGENCE (3) | CHARISMA (2)

Syren  -- Chaotic Good -- Human Druish Ranger -- Current Challenge -- Battle Log

Spacefruit!

Posted Image

• Like 1

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

Challenge VII Comes to an End...

2mxibur.jpg Eat a lot of plants, (and some animals): A!

97%
97%

zyhx60.jpgBut avoid poisonous things: F

21%
21%

Side Quests:

15yuq94.jpgGet some sun: B!

88%
88%

iwu9hs.jpg Get lots of sleep: C

73%
73%

i6m2cl.jpg Remember to play: C

76%
76%

25khpgj.jpg Use your brain: D

66%
66%

The Fitness Quest: (Maintenance): C

78%
78%

2poqelf.jpg Lift heavy things -- Body Weight training 2x per week.

2mcd0tz.jpg Move around a lot at a slow pace -- Swim 10000 yards per week.

2mmplc.jpg But sprint sometimes -- Include one, 10 minute sprint session per week.

21lo4yo.jpg Avoid Trauma -- Stretch before and after every workout.

Points! 

Strength: 1.75

Dexterity:1.75

Sinisterity: 0

Stamina: 1.75

Constitution: 1.25

Wisdom: 1.5

Charisma: 1.75

But what have I learned? That I am really busy and want to do too many things! Next Challenge should involve time management priorities, but it probably will not.

STRENGTH (0) | DEXTERITY (-1) | CONSTITUTION (1) | WISDOM (3) | INTELLIGENCE (3) | CHARISMA (2)

Syren  -- Chaotic Good -- Human Druish Ranger -- Current Challenge -- Battle Log

Since it is now that awkward period between challenges, where I, at least, try to keep the newly acquired habits going whilst delving into new ideas and possible transitions, there will be menu plans and workouts to come!

Last night featured paleo stuffed peppers, or mostly paleo: I had some Parmesan cheese that needed using so shaved some of that on there to make it extra delicious. 

Recipe:

4 giant green bell peppers (or any colour you love, only gigantic)

1 head cauliflower, riced (aka, shredded by cheese grater)

2 links spicy Italian pork sausage (or other hodgepodge meat according to sale and availability)

1/2 (palm sized) red onion, slivered (or whatever allium you have on hand)

1 can (28 oz) of crushed tomatoes (or tomato sauce, or ketchup, or whatever tomatoy goodness tickles your fancy)

Syren's Pretty Much Any Spice Blend to Taste:

(For stuffed peppers, I like Cajun seasoning, therefore my peppers had more chili powder in them. If I were making Fajitas, for example, there would have been more cumin. Thus it is whatever you feel like tasting the most for the situation).

Chili Powder

Cayenne Pepper

Red Pepper Flakes

Black Pepper

Sea Salt

Oregano

Cumin

Paprika

Brown meat, then halfway through add onion and cauliflower. Stirfry with seasoning until onions become just tender and meat is fully browned. Add 1/4 of tomato substance to stuffing and let simmer 2 - 3 minutes. 

Coat baking dish with 1/4 - 1/3 of tomato substance. Insert topped bell peppers. (If you like soft bell peppers rather than crisp, bring to a roiling boil for 5 minutes before baking, or longer if you like really mushy pepper). 

Stuff stuffing into peppers. If you have massive peppers, or a tiny cauliflower, everything should fit.

Top with remaining tomato substance.

Insert into oven for 40 minutes at 350*F. 

For Cajun Stirfry, ignore baking and simply stirfry pepper with meat, onion, and cauliflower with seasoning and tomato substance to taste.

I am a terrible photographer, so there are no pictures :(

Tuesday Workout Plan

6 minute Sun Salutation

6 Minute Squat

6 Minute Lunge

6 Minute Calf Raise

30 Minute C25K Walk/Jog

60 Minute Swim (50 Swim Workouts 1 @3000)

6 Minute Goodnight Yoga

Tuesday Menu Plan

16 oz. Water 

12 oz. coffee + milk, cocoa powder, chai mix

16 oz. Water

Yogurt and Blueberries

16 oz. Water

Spring Salad Mix, Olive Oil, Balsamic Vinegar, Pear, Cibatta Roll, Turkey, Provolone Cheese, Mustard, Kale, Avocado

6 oz. Acai Berry Green Tea

Cranberries, Almonds, Sunflower Seeds

6 oz. Earl Grey Black Tea

Banana

16 oz. Water

Tuna Steak, Asparagus, Corn on the Cob!

5 oz. of Wine

16 oz. Water

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines