Waanie will keep on moving

Waanie

Done! Today I have:

- done some hatha yoga

- done a body weight workout

- walked, biked and exercised more than 30 minutes (actually, probably more than an hour)

- read 50 pages in my book, with more following this afternoon and evening

- vacuumed the fans of my computer, so that my computer runs more smoothly again

Tomorrow I will:

- do sun salutations if I'm not sore or restorative yoga if I'm sore, in the morning

- do the mini-challenge stretches after yoga

- bike and walk at least 30 minutes in the afternoon

- make a homemade bread and beef-stew for lunch

I think my first day was successful and if I follow my plans for tomorrow, tomorrow will be successful again. Now that I have taken the time and concentration to start reading again, I find that I still enjoy it a lot and there is a chance that I will read at least twice or thrice the minimum amount for today :).

I am very tired right now, but that's quite normal just before dinner. Also, I had a few very tiring conversations today and I'm still in the early recovery stage of my depression, so it is normal to be this tired I think. Yoga really helped me to calm down from our problems with our ISP, so I'm glad I've found something that helps me getting some distance from my problems and temporarily even forgetting them.

If you have any ideas for a stew that's not classic french, dutch or belgian, but still contains a lot of vegetables, please let me know ;).

TL;DR: Yay, I did well today and have good plans for tomorrow :).

• Like 3

Thanks, I follow you too :).

After thinking about it, I will not make stew for lunch tomorrow, since it costs too much time to do it tomorrow morning and I'm very tired now. I don't want to raise very early tomorrow if it's not necessary (8.30 is my standard atm) and now the supermarket will close soon, so I can't get both groceries and a little after-dinner-rest. Instead, I will make stew for wednesday dinner.

What a great first day! Your Wednesday stew sounds yummy. :D

• Like 1

AnnieP (respawned)

Starting over Newbie (second time's the charm)

"Never be satisfied with anything less than absolute perfection! ...said no sane person ever." -- Spark

"And my cheese monster will never be satisfied by cheddar, only the cheese of accomplishment." -- Ze Frank, An Invocation for Beginnings(NSFW)

Current Challenge: Finding Her Joy Again;  Previous Challenge: Here We Go Again

Good morning everyone!

I have no idea yet what stew exactly I'll make, but stews are kind of my specialty, so chances are it will be nice :).

For the bread, I have used a last bit of mix for dark read with sunflower seeds. I have knead the dough with a mixer, since the hydration was too high to knead it by hand comfortably (I don't like the french kneading method). The last time I tried, this bread tasted very nice, although a bit too salty, so I'm looking forward to lunch today :).

Edit: I had forgotten how horribly sticky this dough is. I did not really have the change to shape my buns, I just put some dough on the baking sheet and hope for the best. Updates follow later.

Fantastic Start to your challenge!

• Like 1

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

I just did  my yoga and the exercises of the assassin mini-challenge (minus squats) and my quads complain a lot. Also, my arms complain, because during the sun salutations I basically did 11 negative arms-in push ups, a lot of cobras and a long time in downward facing dog. It actually feels good to begin the day with a lot of exercise, since I know I can rest physically now and I'm not as restless as when I do nothing all morning.

My flexibility is worse than I remember, but I think after this week I will be able to put my hands on the floor during forward bends and touch my knees with my nose during a sitting forward bend again. My leg swings are getting better, since I always do them during a warming up, so my feet are at the height of my ears again at their highest point.

I did not expect to do any part of the mini-challenges when I saw that they were about pistol-squats, but now I will see how far I'll come. This week at least is doable for me.

• Like 2

I have gone to the library with a lot of sf and fantasy, and I brought back the third book of my current series (hybrids), and the first part of the www series, both by Robert Sawyer.

Unfortunately, I got an asthma attack on the way back. I had the wind in my face, so biking was a bit harder than usual, but it should not have triggered an asthma attack. I became dizzy, breathing became difficult and I had a lot of mucus in my throat. It is a route I bike several times a week, so it is not extremely difficult. Now that I'm sitting down, it goes better again. Still, I don't like getting dizzy from moderate exercise :(.

The great secret behind nice home-made bread is a good recipe and following that recipe to the letter. The mix I had was not very good, because if you followed its recipe the dough stayed very sticky and I could not shape it very well. It also used very short resting times and there was a lot of water in there, but the taste in the end was fine.

I have recovered alotalready, so I guess I should just exercise less vigorously for now and take the high dose of medicine (my doctor prescribed me two possible doses, I usually take the low one unless I've had an attack in the past week).

I think it's also just a bad time of year for asthma.  I normally don't need my inhaler, but have had to use them for a month straight.  Sounds like you're doing great on your challenge!

• Like 1

Level 5 Lizardfolk: Assassin STR - 4, DEX - 3, STA - 5, CON -4, WIS - 20, CHA - 12

"You want to know the difference between a master and a beginner? The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

Current Challenge: "Idealistinfire's 2% Improvement Plan"     Battle Log: "Idealistinfire Battle's Saboteur's Spawn"                                

Epic Quest: No fancy name yet

Good to know you've recovered from that asthma attack. That must have been scary! I hope it was just the wind, then if the weather gets warmer you'll be able to bike more. :) 

• Like 1

Good to know you've recovered from that asthma attack. That must have been scary! I hope it was just the wind, then if the weather gets warmer you'll be able to bike more. :)

I agree, but with most people suffering from asthma, the warmer weather brings about things to make asthma worse :P

• Like 1

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Yes, I know... My doctor recognized me having asthma because I was coughing a lot, without being able to stop, during May and June. It was really annoying during lectures, I often had to go outside the room because I was bothering the rest of the lecture. The doctor I had then tested for a lot of stuff, but not asthma, so I got codeine to stop the coughing. A few years later, when the same occurred, I had a new doctor and he said instantly that I had asthma. I used to use my medicine only during the months when I had attacks, but nowadays my allergies have become worse and I use it year-round. It also increases when exercising, but I have not experienced that very often, since my endurance has always been above average.

I think the attack yesterday was due to a combination of being in a very dusty room for a long time (library), exercising more vigorously because of the wind, the start of the pollen-season and a light cold I'm developing.

I will bike with a friend this afternoon, but I'll ask him to not go very far and bike slowly (16-20 km/h instead of 19-23 km/h). I also have a mini-quest for today, which is making a spreadsheet to follow my progress this challenge. I saw the one of Naaria, and I really like it :). So my program for today:

- Drink a cup of tea

- Start with making a stew (beef with boemboe roedjak)

- Do a body weight workout

- Rest/make spreadsheet/lunch

- Bike for 1-2 hours

- Rest

- Yoga + pistol squat mini-challenge stretches

- Cook dinner

It is a full day, but I think I can make it :).

• Like 2

Half-day update time. I made a spreadsheet with my goals, so I completed my second mini-challenge :). If you think I have forgotten something I should do or shouldn't do, please let me know ;).

The rest of today is going okay, although I tire more easily than I hoped. I did my body weight workout, which keeps hovering on the edge of doable and heavy. It means that I'm making progress, and that I'm actually at the right level now (I hope). I can do all reps without difficulty, but I wouldn't want to do another rep. The same for the side-planks: I can hold them longer, but I won't get happy from holding them longer.

The stew is coming along nicely and the house already smells good, so I think I'll have a nice dinner tonight :).

I biked with a friend for almost 2 hours. It was a bit too long, but I managed. My asthma came back a little, but nowhere near as vicious as yesterday and it went away very quickly after I took a few minutes rest.

All in all it's a good day today, and I only have to do yoga to complete today's goals :).

• Like 5

Gah. That's why I hate doctors.

Have you considered getting shots for allergies? I sent hubby to the GP to get a prescription to get tested and start the process (GP:"Why do you need these?" Hubby:"Because my wife threatens to bring home a cat). It's about a year-long process. First it's a shot every week, then once a month.

What a good day you're having!

• Like 1

|| pattycake118 establishes routine || fitbit || MFP ||

|| Level 3|| STR 3 || DEX 1 || STA 2 || CON 6 || WIS 3 || CHA 2 ||

I don't know if doctors do that in my country, I have never heard about it and my doctor never told me about it, although he knows I have severe allergies (I even got prednisolon for the super-bad days). I will look it up, but I don't think it's done here.

Also, my meat is nice and tender, although I have to wait for an hour before dinner. Omnomnom.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines