Waanie will keep on moving

Waanie

Gah. That's why I hate doctors.

Have you considered getting shots for allergies? I sent hubby to the GP to get a prescription to get tested and start the process (GP:"Why do you need these?" Hubby:"Because my wife threatens to bring home a cat). It's about a year-long process. First it's a shot every week, then once a month.

What a good day you're having!

That's a good thing to do! My brother did it, and it made spring so much more enjoyable for him! He had allergic asthma, and spent whole spring season on cortsione, and now he rarely has to take it (only around horses). 

I don't know if doctors do that in my country, I have never heard about it and my doctor never told me about it, although he knows I have severe allergies (I even got prednisolon for the super-bad days). I will look it up, but I don't think it's done here.

Also, my meat is nice and tender, although I have to wait for an hour before dinner. Omnomnom.

That should be a fairly standardized procedure. Maybe inquire with your health insurance, whether they would cover it. Maybe they can even recommend someone who can do this.

• Like 1

FLUCTUAT  NEC  MERGITUR

FUELED BY PALEO

I have looked around on the internet about immunotherapy, and I don't think I should do it. The inconvenience is very big, my symptoms are usually not bad if I use the correct dosis of medication and I have many allergies, so I would still suffer from other allergies. I also think the risk on side-effects does not weigh against the chance on positive effects. It seems to cost a lot of energy, energy I rather spend on getting over my depression and getting a new job. Maybe it sounds silly, but I need to solve my immediate problems first before I can start thinking about minor annoyances. Maybe I'll get this therapy in the future, but now I cannot afford it energy-wise.

I'm very tired now, but I did my yoga and stretches tonight. So all in all I completed all my goals for today, so that is a win even though I don't feel good at the moment for some reason. Maybe I have just done too much today, low energy levels are usually not good for my mood...

• Like 4

Cool idea with that spreadsheet, I hope you don't mind if I copy that idea ;)

• Like 1

Level 1 - assassin

STR: 3, DEX: 2, STA: 2, CON: 2, WIS: 3, CHA: 3

Current Challenge: maenumania learns the secrets of spiderman

Battle Log: We are the hero of our story!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Challenge Archive: #1 - Let's kill those rats and spider!

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Where other men blindly follow the truth, remember nothing is true.
Where other men are limited, by morality or law, remember everything is permitted.
We work in the dark to serve the light. We are the Assassins.

Congrats on getting stuff done despite low energy levels.  Seems to be affecting everyone I know this week...

• Like 2

Level 5 Lizardfolk: Assassin STR - 4, DEX - 3, STA - 5, CON -4, WIS - 20, CHA - 12

"You want to know the difference between a master and a beginner? The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

Current Challenge: "Idealistinfire's 2% Improvement Plan"     Battle Log: "Idealistinfire Battle's Saboteur's Spawn"                                

Epic Quest: No fancy name yet

Possibly. My moon will probably begin tonight, it even may already have begun a bit. I was visiting my aunt and uncle today, so I had a very tiring day, but it was fun and nice to see them again. As I'm typing, I'm traveling back by train. I will do some very light yoga when I'll be home again, so that I will sleep relaxed and will meet my goals of today.

Between getting groceries, biking to the railway station and walking more than 5km, I have had plenty of exercise and fresh air today. I did not feel low and even though I'm tired now, the conversations make it worth to be tired. I ate way too much food today and drank black tea in the afternoon, but it was mostly healthy food (I'll share the chicken-celery salad soon) and the tea tasted very nice, so I'll forgive myself if I sleep well. On the other hand, I did not need the chocolate in my back against low blood sugar and I didn't eat it for the taste, so I count that as a win. I actually had chocolate with me all day and did not eat it. Wow. I'm sorry if you crave chocolate now, but chocolate usually lasts less than a day, and less than a few hours certain days of the month.

More social events coming up tomorrow, so that will be a nice day again. I foresee a lot of bad food during the potluck-tea, but I will make mini-quiches instead of sweet stuff to make it less unhealthy. Since it will be the worst day of my period tomorrow, I will probably eat a lot of bad food, but the first Friday and Saturday of my period I may eat crappy food, as long as I eat at least 200g of vegetables a day those days. I will do yoga in the morning and bike to camous for the potluck, so my goals will be met easily. I don't know what kind of flow I will do, but it will probably be alright.

That's it for now, sorry for the wall of text and lack of smilies ;).

Edit: Here's the google-translate version of the lunch I had today. The translation is actually not too bad :) (chicken tablet is a tablet for chicken broth).

• Like 2

Chocolate is always a good thing, even though it's a bad thing :P

• Like 2

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

I'm very tired now, but I did my yoga and stretches tonight. So all in all I completed all my goals for today, so that is a win even though I don't feel good at the moment for some reason. Maybe I have just done too much today, low energy levels are usually not good for my mood...

You did a great job on completing that busy and ambitious day plan! It sounds like the bodyweight program is just about right for you, really tough, but doable! I hope you'll progress quickly, because it's such a great feeling to realise 'hey last time I could hardly complete this set and now I did 4 more reps 'just for fun' '

Smart with the boyfriend chocolate tactic! I have lots of easter chocolate here, but luckily my family is visiting so it's not all for me!

• Like 1

What a busy day :) Good for you for keeping up with your goals! Also, chocolate isn't so bad for you if it's got a high percentage, I'd say 70% is minimum.. but I can eat that stuff like milk chocolate. 80% is the sweet spot, not too sweet, not too bitter.

Have a good day today :D

• Like 2

Level 1 Druid

STR 1 // DEX 1 // STA 2 || CON 3 \\ WIS 3 \\ CHA 1

Naaria's Search for Balance v1.5

First Challenge !!

You did a great job on completing that busy and ambitious day plan! It sounds like the bodyweight program is just about right for you, really tough, but doable! I hope you'll progress quickly, because it's such a great feeling to realise 'hey last time I could hardly complete this set and now I did 4 more reps 'just for fun' '

Smart with the boyfriend chocolate tactic! I have lots of easter chocolate here, but luckily my family is visiting so it's not all for me!

I don't have any easter chocolate here, since it is usually more expensive and worse quality than normal chocolate. Especially because we just live with the two of us, we don't have to comply to society ;).

What a busy day :) Good for you for keeping up with your goals! Also, chocolate isn't so bad for you if it's got a high percentage, I'd say 70% is minimum.. but I can eat that stuff like milk chocolate. 80% is the sweet spot, not too sweet, not too bitter.

Have a good day today :D

Our chocolate is usually around 50-55%, so it is still very sweet and fat. I like it though :). It always lightens my mood, especially if I don't eat everything at once.

The potluck yesterday was fun, the people were nice and the food was good. There were only two people that brought something sweet, the one was fresh fruit and the other was non-sweet scones with cream and home-made jam. All the other things were savory and tasted really good :). I did not have dinner because I had enough during tea, but since I was not hungry and did not eat anything in the evening, I think that was the right decision.

I did my yoga in the afternoon. I had a clip I did not really like (I don't store my anger in my feet and my emotions in my hips), but I stuck with it and mostly stretched my body. Since I biked to campus, I did also have enough exercise.

All in all, yesterday was a success :). Today I will do the start bodyweight program in the afternoon if I continue to feel well enough, I will do yoga some time today and I'll have to get groceries for today up till Monday, since we have two days of Easter and the supermarkets are closed on Monday. I will read a bit before going to bed, I really like it to calm down from a busy day :).

• Like 3

I know right? I'm letting my boyfriend decide how much chocolate we have for breakfast, so it's not too much yet. This also means I have to share my bar, which is good for me :).

"Sharing is caring", as the old saying goes!

• Like 1

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Just did my yoga, but I have difficulty to find nice videos. Most videos are too spiritual/floaty for me, I get the jitters of listening to them. My tolerance has increased over the past few years, but I still prefer down-to-earth, non-spiritual breathing/moving/balance/stretching exercises. I can find plenty of nice videos if I leave out the breathing, but this challenge I want to incorporate my breath into my movements. Does anyone know a nice source?

I already did my cardio today: more than half an hour of slap-and-fold kneading. You lift the dough, you slap it onto your surface and you fold it. For half an hour. It's like lifting a light dumbbell several hundreds of times. You won't really get stronger, but in the end you're out of breath nonetheless. (Not that I have ever tried with a dumbbell, but it is the same movement.) I will be making a poppy-seed lemon bread (yeast bread, not what Americans call "quick bread"), so we'll have a nice Easter lunch.

Later today I will post a summary of this week, but I think I had a very successful first week :). I did my body weight workout yesterday, since I felt good and my body did not complain more than usual (strength training... something goes wrong if your body doesn't complain ^^).

Also, my internet is not too bad to play games anymore, so I started playing League of Legends again <3.

• Like 3

Week 1 report

I had a successful first week. I met all my goals, my energy-levels are going up and I'm slowly getting happier about myself and my life. Small things in the household don't cost me as much energy anymore as it did in the past few months. I'm slowly recovering from my depression, I finally see some results from all my effort towards recovery.

1) Exercise every day for at least 30 minutes (7/7)

I did some exercise every day, mostly biking, sometimes walking and on Sunday kneading dough and some cleaning. Almost all days I exercised more than an hour because I needed to transport myself somehow, and walking and biking was most convenient. Only Sunday was really hard to get from my chair. I knew this on beforehand, so I decided to knead bread dough by hand. This took much longer than I thought, so I already had my half an hour of exercise before 10AM and did not have to worry about further exercise.

2) Do the "Start bodyweight" routine 3 times a week (3/3)

This went fine, I progressed with 1 rep for every exercise every workout, so I'm getting stronger :). At the end of every series I feel my muscles burn, but I can do all my reps with good form, so I think I have found myself a good program!

3) Add some dynamic postures or simple flows to my daily yoga workout (7/7)

I did yoga every day and made sure that every day there was an accent on breathing at some point. I'm still looking for good videos, but maybe I'm just too picky in my workouts.

4) Take rest whenever it is needed (2/2)

Last week I had two occurrences where I needed to take extra rest: one time I had an asthma attack, which was better after half an hour of sitting still. I did not do something intense that evening, and the next day I was fine again. Friday was my first day of my period, so I did not workout then. My yoga was a restorative session, and my exercise was biking at a normal speed. I did not have any pain while exercising, so I did fine :).

s) Read at least 3 books in 6 weeks (1/3)

I finished the last half of the book I started before the challenge and I have almost finished the next one. So I have read more than the half book a week in the first week and I actually enjoy reading again :).

• Like 3

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines