Waanie will keep on moving

Waanie

You're doing great!

If you want short videos I really like Teshia, she's down to earth, nice personality, and she explains poses really well. They are more pose oriented classes than flow oriented classes though, so you could probably do videos and then make your own practices from the poses she gives you. 

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLA6D16341A8621591

• Like 1

Thanks, I just did this flow and I liked it :). She is indeed down-to-earth and explains the poses nicely, thanks for sharing!

Normally I also just do poses, but this challenge I want to step out of my comfort-zone and also add some flows. I'll check out her other videos later :).

I also did my bodyweight workout today, so the second week also starts nicely :).

• Like 2

Nice work on Week 1 :)

• Like 1

Level 5 Lizardfolk: Assassin STR - 4, DEX - 3, STA - 5, CON -4, WIS - 20, CHA - 12

"You want to know the difference between a master and a beginner? The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

Current Challenge: "Idealistinfire's 2% Improvement Plan"     Battle Log: "Idealistinfire Battle's Saboteur's Spawn"                                

Epic Quest: No fancy name yet

Good news: I lost a centimeter of waist since the last time I measured :). My waist is now 68.5cm (27in), while my weight has stayed the same (around 60kg). More muscle, less fat, yay! Even though I like to say to myself I shouldn't care about my weight too much and that my body composition is healthy enough, I often worry that I'm too fat. I'd probably lose weight if I change my diet to a "no chocolate, cookies or other unhealthy snacks"-diet, but I love cookies and  chocolate, and my body composition is not bad enough to motivate me to give them up.

I finished the "Neanderthal Parallax"-series, so I'm already halfway my reading goal :). I liked the series, even though the science was not very believable. It was exciting throughout, and I actually liked the twists towards the end. I wouldn't recommend this series for hardcore science fiction readers, but it is enjoyable for fantasy readers and readers of light science fiction.

• Like 4

We all love the bad things in life, but the point isn't to completely take them away from you, it's to moderate yourself and learn not to binge on it. If you only ate chocolate once a month, you'd be better off than taking them out completely, Why? Because they're still there, VERY limited, but still there. And that will give you hope to maintain your diet. Hopefully you'll learn to live without a lot of the various forms of it, but for now, learn to not eat so much in such a small amount of time.

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Thanks :). Weight loss is not of my main goals, but it doesn't hurt to look better. I'm wearing one of the smaller sizes of clothes already, only my upper legs prevent me from wearing an S for all my clothes. Small changes in eating habits are good though, it is healthier for me to live of vegetables, fruit, meat, eggs and bread/rice/pasta than to eat cookies/chocolate all day long. I try to place all nice food at at least one pace distance, so that I have to take some effort to get it. I'm more concentrating on lowering my caffeine intake, since I slept bad for a while. Since I only drink tea in the morning I sleep better though.

Today I realized again that my depression is not over and that is really an illness. Most days I have the feeling that nothing is wrong with me, that I should be getting back at work now and that I'm slacking because I sit at home all day. However, when people important to me second-guess my decisions and say to me that I should not follow my plans with regards to quitting my job, I get very anxious. At that point my self-esteem is very low, I'm wondering if I'll be able to find a nice job, everything I do takes a lot of effort (even setting one step from my desk to take a cookie is too much) and I get very tired. Since I started therapy it takes less time to get out of this mood, but it is still an experience I wish to no-one. Everyone with enough knowledge about my situation tells me I'm making the right decision (including my doctor and psychologist), but it still hit hard every time someone says I should think about it better and that I should try to get as much money out of it as possible. I don't care that I'll probably have to use some of my savings, that's what savings are for. I don't care I won't have the title dr. in front of my name, it's not worth much in my country anyways. I just want to get better as soon as possible and another, nicer, job. Of course my life will never be perfect, but those two aspects will improve my life a lot...

Sorry for the rant, I just needed to share with someone...

• Like 1

You had a great first week! I'm glad that you're seeing such improvements overall. And congratulations on the fat loss! What a nice bonus for adding something good to your life :)

It's tough about leaving your job. I'm sure the people telling you to stay longer are only doing it because they worry and that's what they would do. But they're not you. It's always hard to make the important decisions. Since I'm so far removed from the issue, I'll just wish you luck with everything! And please do rant all you need!

• Like 1

|| pattycake118 establishes routine || fitbit || MFP ||

|| Level 3|| STR 3 || DEX 1 || STA 2 || CON 6 || WIS 3 || CHA 2 ||

You had a great first week! I'm glad that you're seeing such improvements overall. And congratulations on the fat loss! What a nice bonus for adding something good to your life :)

It's tough about leaving your job. I'm sure the people telling you to stay longer are only doing it because they worry and that's what they would do. But they're not you. It's always hard to make the important decisions. Since I'm so far removed from the issue, I'll just wish you luck with everything! And please do rant all you need!

Thanks :). I know they mean well and they are afraid that I will have money-problems, even though I think that's very unlikely. It makes it all harder though :/.

It's hard to understand how it feels to be in the shoes of someone other than yourself, especially if that other person has an illness or what have you to deal with. But I think that because we are aware of that fact, we can be more gentle with ourselves, even if the others around us aren't. Love yourself first, don't second guess yourself. You're awesome and I know that whatever you decide to do will be for the best. Good luck!!

BY THE WAY! FF = Final Fantasy, I'm talking 14 specifically :) It's an online MMO!! It's a lot of fun <3

• Like 1

Level 1 Druid

STR 1 // DEX 1 // STA 2 || CON 3 \\ WIS 3 \\ CHA 1

Naaria's Search for Balance v1.5

First Challenge !!

You shouldn't follow the money when looking for a job, you should follow your heart, sometimes that requires risks, and some great ones at that! I hope all of the best for you.

And feel free to rant as long as you'd like, this is your thread after all, but don't let yourself stay in your depression.

• Like 1

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Part of a depression is that one does not feel as if one "owns the own life."  Don't let others second-guess your decisions. You have reasons why you do things. And these are YOUR reasons.

Concerning the money: many people simply are afraid to take a risk. They adhere to security or to what they think security is. For many people it is money and they feel scared at the thought that someone is actually willing to break out of this, and therefore advise against it. This has nothing to do with reason, it has to do with fear. Their fears are not your fears. If you know what is good for yourself, then go for it!

You are taking control over your life back in your own hands. This will be a big part of you getting better. :)

• Like 4

FLUCTUAT  NEC  MERGITUR

FUELED BY PALEO

Ranting definitely helped me, after that I felt good enough to start cooking/baking home-made tortilla's. They are work-intensive, but don't require a lot of thinking. I love to make them, even though they may not be the healthiest dinner-option. I made them thinner than normal though, where the recipe says I should make 8 tortilla's, I made 12 instead. The taste and structure was good, so I'll keep this recipe for the future.

At the moment I'm doing my bodyweight workout, typing a sentence in every rest-break. I love this workout, it gives me a lot of energy and plenty of rest as well. I know that's normal, but before I only did some circuit training. Now I'm doing 2 exercises, rest, doing those exercises again, rest, again, next exercises, etc. I love it :). I'm still making enough progress, my muscles are really getting stronger. I just finished my kneeling-side plank time, so I may progress to a normal plank :). This one will be easier, since my abs are stronger than my sides. However, I will keep to the recommended times, since that will likely prevent me from getting injured.

Even though I was a little upset yesterday, I still managed to do all my workouts. I walked to the supermarket instead of biking, so that gave me plenty of exercise. I also walked to another shop, so I walked 5km in total, which is more than half an hour. Today I'll see my doctor again, so that means biking 12 km in total, which is also more than half an hour. I'll eat with friends, so today will be a nice day :).

I decided to start teaching myself programming C++ again, since then I have something useful to do. Technically, it is also work, since the code I'd be working on is in C++. I work on it 30-45 minutes a day, aiming for the 30, so that I'll learn to concentrate again. I started at the beginning, even though my knowledge is good enough to start somewhere in the middle. I just want to accustom my body to working again, so starting simple should help. If it goes well this week, I will add 15 minutes next week and see if I can extend my hours further. It feels good to have a plan again :).

TL;DR My life is becoming awesome again :).

• Like 5

Part of a depression is that one does not feel as if one "owns the own life."  Don't let others second-guess your decisions. You have reasons why you do things. And these are YOUR reasons.

Concerning the money: many people simply are afraid to take a risk. They adhere to security or to what they think security is. For many people it is money and they feel scared at the thought that someone is actually willing to break out of this, and therefore advise against it. This has nothing to do with reason, it has to do with fear. Their fears are not your fears. If you know what is good for yourself, then go for it!

You are taking control over your life back in your own hands. This will be a big part of you getting better. :)

Thanks :). I'm learning to set the arguments of my family and friends aside, but it is not easy. They fear that I'll be without money at some point, and it makes them feel insecure for me. That's not very realistic though, since both my boyfriend and me can live of a small amount of money. Older people seem to have forgotten that if you have a lot of time, you don't need so much money, since you can cook cheaper, you can travel by slower means, etc. Now I only have to wait until my boss is better, since he is a nice person and I want to tell him I leave face to face, not by e-mail or letter. This weeks mini-challenge for me will be to update my curriculum vitae, so that reacting to job offers will become easier.

• Like 1

Awesome! You make me smile! You are awesome already, but you're on the road to seeing it yourself too! I'm teaching myself Python programming haha, but I'm a complete noob. Programming is fun though, it's like puzzles! 

• Like 1

It's super encouraging readying your thread!  Thanks for keeping us updated :)

• Like 1

Level 5 Lizardfolk: Assassin STR - 4, DEX - 3, STA - 5, CON -4, WIS - 20, CHA - 12

"You want to know the difference between a master and a beginner? The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

Current Challenge: "Idealistinfire's 2% Improvement Plan"     Battle Log: "Idealistinfire Battle's Saboteur's Spawn"                                

Epic Quest: No fancy name yet

Today is a down-day again. It is not that I have negative feelings, I'm just tired, I have a headache and I'm listless. That's no excuse for not working out though, so immediately after breakfast I walked to the supermarket and back (3km in total). The additional advantage is that I don't have to go there anymore this afternoon. I also did some programming and League of Legends to try to get my energy levels up, but to no avail.

This afternoon I tried it again with yoga, I did some arm-balance poses to get the blood flowing to my head (crow, handstand and headstand). I also did some balance poses (tree, dancer and warrior III), since they require more concentration than most other poses and they are part of this weeks mini-challenge. I'm still tired, listless and have a headache, so the rest of today will be a rest day.

I still count today as a win, since I did all my workouts, adapted my workouts to my mood and I'll take rest now that I know that I need it. I might have to give a rain check on our Dungeons and Dragon session again, which is a pity. On the other hand, I really can't concentrate at the moment, so DnD is impossible now.

• Like 4

I actually liked my lunch today :). I did not feel like eating, not even the chocolate that I've got left from yesterday, but I should eat lunch, otherwise I'll get low blood sugar, which can leave me not able to do anything at all. So I went to the kitchen, and I saw that we still had one egg and a few left-over wraps. I love onions, so I cut up an onion, fried it with a little curry paste and scrambled an egg through it. Put everything on a wrap, and my lunch was ready. It is not a lot, and I'll probably have to eat something before dinner without keeling over, but I "discovered" a nice and quick lunch recipe.

• Like 2

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines