Waanie will keep on moving

Waanie

Today is a down-day again. It is not that I have negative feelings, I'm just tired, I have a headache and I'm listless. That's no excuse for not working out though, so immediately after breakfast I walked to the supermarket and back (3km in total).

That's me today, too.  Again I say, it's super encouraging reading your posts - in my head, I see you tackle the day like this at first...

trex_custom-c7b4d789c914795f44a9c5313899

Followed by a well-deserved rest:

Sleeping_Tyrannosaurus_Rex_by_Mountainee

Hope your day gets better!

• Like 2

Level 5 Lizardfolk: Assassin STR - 4, DEX - 3, STA - 5, CON -4, WIS - 20, CHA - 12

"You want to know the difference between a master and a beginner? The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

Current Challenge: "Idealistinfire's 2% Improvement Plan"     Battle Log: "Idealistinfire Battle's Saboteur's Spawn"                                

Epic Quest: No fancy name yet

Thanks :). The dinosaurs are awesome, and it's exactly like I feel. I know how to do things for a small amount of will-power, especially if they are part of my challenge. I don't like giving up, so I've made my goals attainable without them being trivial on difficult days. I often wonder if my goals are too easy, but on days like these I still have to think hard to find a form in which I can complete my goals.

Thank you all for your continuous support :).

• Like 2

I think you're doing an amazing job staying afloat even on your down days :D

Thanks, without this challenge I would actually do a lot less fitness-wise, so it really helps me to keep exercising. Without this challenge and the awesome support on this forum I would probably have done no exercise at all today.

I agree.

You are doing great, and we're here to remind you of this as often as you need it. We don't want you to forget how awesome you are. :)

Thanks, I often forget that I am awesome. I regard many things I do as if "everyone can do it, so I'm not special", even though reading topics of other people make me realize that some things I do are not trivial at all. I tend to hold myself to higher standards than other people, even though that's not fair ;). Getting rid of the low opinion I have of myself is part of my therapy, and NF is helping a lot with that.

I can't thank everyone who supports me enough, you help me to get through low days :).

Edit: I forgot the smilies ;).

• Like 1

I'm amazed that you claim to have a down day and yet still proven that you're just plain awesome! Keep being awesome on your down days!

• Like 2

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Today I'm feeling better again, not so tired anymore, no head ache, no anxious feelings. Our house is clean, the plants are green, I'm ready for today :).

Today will be very busy though. There's a LAN party starting tonight that most of my friends will be going to, so I'll have a peek there as well (exercise-goal will be completed by biking there). A friend of mine and me see it as a good chance to bake something together: we will have some social time and people will think we're awesome for bringing home-baked goods. For this, I'll get the groceries, of which I cannot buy all in a regular supermarket (+1 exercise). In between the LAN party and the baking I will also eat with another friend, since we always eat together on Fridays (normally there's more people, but, you know, LAN party). Luckily I don't have to cook :).

So now it's time to make a to-do list and to start doing the things! I'll have to do yoga in the morning, since I'll be tired tonight. I saw that many people on these forums are enthusiastic about blogilates, so I will do the first beginner workout this morning. I know that technically pilates is different from yoga, but I don't care ;).

Also, I started with my book (www: Wake by Sawyer) last night, and I think I like it. The concepts are interesting, but you shouldn't look too closely to the science and technology ^^.

• Like 3

Glad you're feeling better. :) Keep doing what you're doing, you are doing great!

• Like 1

AnnieP (respawned)

Starting over Newbie (second time's the charm)

"Never be satisfied with anything less than absolute perfection! ...said no sane person ever." -- Spark

"And my cheese monster will never be satisfied by cheddar, only the cheese of accomplishment." -- Ze Frank, An Invocation for Beginnings(NSFW)

Current Challenge: Finding Her Joy Again;  Previous Challenge: Here We Go Again

I just did the pilates, I'm not sure if I like it. Of course I like stronger abs, upper legs and arms, but I'm afraid I might injure my hip if I'm not careful enough. I'll see what my body says when I'm cooled down. I thought my abs-strength was "okay", but the first workout totally kicked my ass (and abs). If I don't have any injury from this first video, I might add pilates to my schedule instead of yoga from time to time. It does concentrate on breathing, form and strength and it is outside my comfort zone, so it fits in this challenge ;).

I also made a planning for this busy day, and everything will be alright :). I have plenty of time to do everything, so I also have time to post here a bit ;).

• Like 1

Pilates works best when done with concentration and slow motions. The goal is core stability, but it does alot for flexibility as well (at least it did for me). Since breathing is key, it has even meditative qualities. Pilates and Yoga go well together, but if you alternate the two, you might actually get the best of both. :)

Pilates can calm me down, that's why I like to do it before going to bed. Yoga works better in the mornings for me (sun salutations!).

• Like 1

FLUCTUAT  NEC  MERGITUR

FUELED BY PALEO

I expect quite a bit of DOMS, mostly in the sides of my upper legs. If it is only DOMS I'll go for it though, nothing wrong with DOMS after trying a new kind of exercise for the first time. I can walk without pain at the moment, so the results are promising as long as I keep listening to my body.

I will probably also do some stretches tonight, since there was only one stretch in the video. I like doing relaxed yoga before bed, especially after a busy day ;).

I used my home-grown chives for the first time today. It is now big enough that I can use it without killing the plants, so I did well on growing them :). There are too many plants in the pot I have, so I'll have to thin it out in the weekend. They taste good, and they are still very soft :).

It's time for some rest now, I did all my workouts and I will have a busy afternoon!

• Like 2

Glad you tried the Pilates. Hope it works out for you so you can have some variety. :)

• Like 1

AnnieP (respawned)

"Never be satisfied with anything less than absolute perfection! ...said no sane person ever." -- Spark

"And my cheese monster will never be satisfied by cheddar, only the cheese of accomplishment." -- Ze Frank, An Invocation for Beginnings(NSFW)

Oh man! Well, it's good that you are resting it. Down time in recovery is never really wasted time. Hope it feels better by tomorrow. :)

Sent from the mountains of Northern Arizona using the magic of Tapatalk

• Like 1

AnnieP (respawned)

It seems like my hip is doing much better already. I will do one episode of "Nederland beweegt", which is 15 minutes of moving in front of your tv. It is mostly targeted at old people, so my hip should do fine. It is full-body, medium cardio, so it fits today's goal perfectly :). It is raining, so if possible I will stay inside today.

I completed my side-quest yesterday. I read almost two books, which brings my total to 3,5 books since the start of the challenge. I will continue reading though, I really enjoy it again. So I not only completed my side quest, I also achieved the purpose of that quest. Yay for me :).

• Like 3

Reading is great, you get to go on so many adventures, and do so many things you wouldn't be able to do in your own lifetime... :) Hope your medium cardio is going to be okay with your hip!

• Like 1

Reading is great, you get to go on so many adventures, and do so many things you wouldn't be able to do in your own lifetime... :)

I know, it is great :). The past couple of books I read were near-future science fiction, so it is even somewhat realistic. Normally I read fantasy, but sf is also nice from time to time. My next book will be Neuromancer by Gibson, it is a classic I have never read and I think I should read :).

The video's of "Nederland in beweging" provided more of a workout than I thought they would. They have a warming up, cardio, legs, core-strength and cooling down. I could do everything (I did 2 video's), but it is more difficult than I thought. I might do this more often, it is fun :). I'm now hoping that I have not over-used my hip, I will see when I'm cold again. If there's any residual pain or stiffness, I will skip my bodyweight workout. If not, I may still skip it, since many exercises tax my hips in some way at my level...

Edit: I will skip exercising, my hip starts to throb again. Not really pain, but not comfortable either...

• Like 1

No, I have not been icing it. Maybe I should...It is a very inconvenient place to ice (front of my leg) and we don't have peas at the moment. I'll think about thawing the forest fruit ;).

I hope you will feel better soon. :)

I like that I'm not the only one that sees the contents of her freezer as "medical supplies." :D

• Like 1

FLUCTUAT  NEC  MERGITUR

FUELED BY PALEO

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines