Waanie will keep on moving

Waanie

I hope you feel better! We need you to resume kicking butt!

• Like 1

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Unfortunately, my hip has become worse during the night again. I'm thinking about ways in which I kind of achieve my goals, but don't tax my hip. I'll be meditating today for at least 5 minutes. I think I will do 1 pull up or chin up a few times today, since I don't use my hip for that (I think). I can do 1 pull up in a row (from dead hang to eyes above the bar), so this should be possible for me.

For the rest: icing 3 times 20 minutes today, two times half an hour programming C++ and playing lots of LoL. It is so frustrating to not be able to exercise!

• Like 2

Sometimes life is like a Bow and Arrow, You need to pull back in order to fly forward, hence the more you pull backwards, the farther/higher/straighter you'll fly foward. Don't let this temporary setback deter you from becoming awesome in the future.

• Like 3

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

I may not use ibuprofen due to my other medication. I'm thinking about paracetamol, but I always try to minimize the amount of painkillers I use.

Paracetamol could help with pain control, but it's not an anti-inflammatory.  If ibuprofen would interact badly with other things you're taking, then Naaria's suggestion to ice is probably your best bet if you are experiencing any inflammation.  Don't worry about missing any hip-related exercise.  It'll be there waiting for you when your body has recovered. :)

• Like 3

You haven't seen my Final Form

I Stand With Gina Carano

Today my hip did not hurt, but I'm afraid I might have pushed it too far again, since I had to bike 12 km in total for a meeting. Taking the bus is not an option and I don't have a car. Oh well, I'll see tomorrow how much it'll hurt. By yesterday night both my hips hurt, one from injury and the other from overcompensation. Next time it hurts I'll take painkillers anyway to make sure that my form won't be compromised too much. I probably won't see a doctor for it, since he told me to use pain killers and wait a few days the last few times my hip hurt.

Yesterday night I meditated for 5 minutes and I think it has helped me to calm down. I will do it for a few nights in a row to see if it has indeed a positive effect on my sleep.

I will not do yoga of strength training yet, since I first want to make sure that biking was not too much to take for my body. If I don't have any pain tomorrow morning, I will add some yoga or bodyweight training, and the day after the other. I hope I will get better soon!

• Like 2

Recover, you still have plenty of time to finish this challenge strong!

• Like 1

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

I know that I should take the time to recover, but it is very frustrating. Exercising is one of the few things I could do that did not make me tired mentally, while I could see progress at the same time. I also could not think about myself while exercising, it gave me a lot of sense of self-worth and it gave me energy to do "mental" tasks. Now I can't even bike to campus and back without my hip becoming stiff afterwards, I can't walk too much in the house if I had a meeting on campus, my house is a mess and my allergies are horrible because of all the dust. My bf does what he can, but he is busy and doesn't feel well himself, so I'm already glad if he does the groceries and/or the dishes. Meow.

I don't know what to do after taking a deep breath, I'm very tired and I don't want to feel like this.

post-26675-0-35477400-1398850616_thumb.j

Edit: How do I make my pictures bigger?

Okay, time for some positivity. I was like, "screw my hip" and went on a household spree. I tidied up the living room, vacuumed and got some washing done. I also made dough for an "almost no knead" dough, since bread baking is a skill for which I learn a lot every time I try it. It is also a very new skill for me, so I should keep on progressing in it. I also put up my pull-up bar and did a pull-up or a chin-up every time I walked past it. I know you have to use your core for pull-ups, so it might injure my hip, but I just need to do some things in which I see myself progressing. I can do one pull-up or chin-up at the time from dead hang, or several if I start with my arms slightly bend. Two months ago I could barely do a push-up, and now I can do pull-ups and chin-ups :).

I'm much happier now that my living room is de-cluttered and I did a few productive things. Maybe I'll replant my tomato-plants into bigger pots, now that they are getting big and it won't freeze anymore at night. I'm also thinking about thinning out my parsley, dill and chives, but I don't know how many plants I should leave. The pictures are below:

post-26675-0-47157300-1398864374_thumb.j post-26675-0-76278800-1398864355_thumb.j post-26675-0-41167600-1398864354_thumb.j

Does anyone have any tips?

• Like 6

Waanie, getting things done like a BOSS! Awesome progress on the pull ups and chins. The pull up bar in the doorway is a great idea

• Like 3

RedCedar uses the pronouns they/them/theirs. What pronouns do you prefer? 

Here is a fun game to help learn/practice pronouns that might be new to you: http://minus18.org.au/pronouns-app/

Last Challenge

Favorite Challenge

I said to the sun, "tell me about the Big Bang".

The sun said, "It hurts to become." 
~A.G. 

It all depends on where you get your pics from, if you get it from a large source, it'll be large. But I'm smiling and happy that you didn't let your hip get in the way, infact you got angry and DID something! This is the sign of someone who's going to do great things in the future!

• Like 2

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

Thanks :). Not doing enough has never been one of my traits (with the exception of cleaning), I always want to do too much ;). Especially when I'm injured, I should be careful to give myself enough rest. Today I don't have to go outside, so I allow myself to do push-ups, pull-ups, inverted rows, plank and some yoga again. My hip did not hurt yesterday or this morning, it was only a bit stiff after biking yesterday.

I have made a planning for today which includes all my exercise and plenty of rest (aka jigsaw puzzling), and I won't allow myself to go too far off schedule ;).

• Like 2

There you go! Moderation is key in trying to stay fit, You can't bumrush it without some back up plan, or some means of rest. As the mighty Goku once said,

"Rest is just as important as exercise!"

• Like 2

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

Time to become positive again. I had not realized before how much exercise influenced my mood, but my mood has been down by a lot in the past week, possibly due to not exercising. I won't go all-out today or tomorrow, but I think I can start moving again. My hip has not hurt in two days now, so here we go :).

My shoulders and back are very sore from my workout yesterday, but it's good to know that not all pain is bad. I suspect this is just a case of DOMS, so nothing to worry about ;). I already walked to the turkish supermarket for vegetables and biked to the normal supermarket for my other groceries, and it really helped me to wake up properly. I will try stretching my hips a bit during yoga, but I won't do warriors yet today. I feel like practicing handstands, so I'll probably end up doing all kinds of arm balances today :).

I'm sorry about the negativity last week, but I feel like I'm getting back on the dragon again!

first-teaser-trailer-for-dreamworks-how-

• Like 2

Glad to see you're doing better. :) Rest is a good thing, though I am glad to see you did not let the pain get the better of you. Now, ride that dragon  like a boss!

• Like 1

AnnieP (respawned)

Starting over Newbie (second time's the charm)

"Never be satisfied with anything less than absolute perfection! ...said no sane person ever." -- Spark

"And my cheese monster will never be satisfied by cheddar, only the cheese of accomplishment." -- Ze Frank, An Invocation for Beginnings(NSFW)

Current Challenge: Finding Her Joy Again;  Previous Challenge: Here We Go Again

Everyone needs a moment to whine/rant/vent, it's natural for humans, but the important point to know is to NOT let yourself stay in that state of mind. So as far as I'm concerned, you're still on a roll!

• Like 2

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

Glad to see you're doing better. :) Rest is a good thing, though I am glad to see you did not let the pain get the better of you. Now, ride that dragon  like a boss!

Thanks! I actually did let the pain get the better of me for a few days, but now I'm back :). Next time I'll try to not let the pain bother me, but do some things for which I don't have to exercise.

Good to hear you're back to your positive ways! Not saying you can't be negative in a while, but positive is always better!

Exactly. I allow myself to be negative sometimes, but I should be positive far more often. Unfortunately, it is easier for me to see the bad than the good. Oh well, at least I have worked on my resting goal now ;).

Everyone needs a moment to whine/rant/vent, it's natural for humans, but the important point to know is to NOT let yourself stay in that state of mind. So as far as I'm concerned, you're still on a roll!

I think so as well :). I can only learn to get out of that state of mind by trying every time, and hopefully I'll do better every time. I'm already doing better than a few months ago, but I have still a lot to learn.

Today the sun is shining, my bf is at home and I have dough for home-made, part whole wheat baguette, so today will be a good day :). I'm still a little sore, but that will become better after warming up ;).

• Like 2

Today is another good day :). I already walked outside first thing after breakfast. It helps me a lot to wake up, so I might continue this next week. It also helps me with my goal of 30 minutes of exercise every day, even though walking is light exercise (yes, even at 6 km/h walking is light exercise). I will have to find a new route that takes me about 10 minutes, I have seen my current route often enough now ;).

I also did my bodyweight workout today. I decided that I was too sore for it yesterday, all my muscles were really tense. Especially my traps had a lot of knots in them and this usually becomes worse after exercising. Today was better though, so I already worked out :).

• Like 5

I have successfully arrived at the halfway point. Things have not gone very smooth, especially when my hip was injured. In week two and three I therefore did only 2 bodyweight workouts and I did not exercise every day. I seem to be back on track, even though motivation is difficult at the moment. I can do what my challenge states, but I don't automatically do more anymore. My daily exercise is barely over 30 minutes on most days, and it is mostly walking. My yoga is barely over 10 minutes, and it usually includes just one series of poses that form a flow. I did not start a new book last week, even though I finished my previous books during week 2. Blargh.

MOTIVATION, WHERE ARE YOU?

Also, I'm going to experiment with hot lunches and protein during breakfast. If I eat bread with sweet topping, I'm just so hungry after 2-3 hours. And if I get hungry, I get really dizzy, sweaty and my face loses color. So I can't just ignore my feelings of hunger, for I'm afraid I'll faint at some point. Oh well, I'll let you know if the proteins and fats make any difference.

• Like 3

MOTIVATION, WHERE ARE YOU?

Sometimes you just have to plug along until the motivation comes back. :/ When it does, you will be glad you had a plan in place to keep from slipping too far behind.

Just take it one day at a time, and you'll get there. :)

Sent from the mountains of Northern Arizona using the magic of Tapatalk

• Like 1

AnnieP (respawned)

Starting over Newbie (second time's the charm)

"Never be satisfied with anything less than absolute perfection! ...said no sane person ever." -- Spark

"And my cheese monster will never be satisfied by cheddar, only the cheese of accomplishment." -- Ze Frank, An Invocation for Beginnings(NSFW)

Current Challenge: Finding Her Joy Again;  Previous Challenge: Here We Go Again

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines