Waanie will keep on moving

Waanie

I think it's more than enough to do what you laid out for yourself in your challenge. :) No shame in that.. quite the opposite really! You should be super proud of everything you've accomplished considering you have injured yourself and have run into a couple of bumps in the road!

• Like 2

Level 1 Druid

STR 1 // DEX 1 // STA 2 || CON 3 \\ WIS 3 \\ CHA 1

Naaria's Search for Balance v1.5

First Challenge !!

Sometimes you just have to plug along until the motivation comes back. :/ When it does, you will be glad you had a plan in place to keep from slipping too far behind.

Just take it one day at a time, and you'll get there. :)

Sent from the mountains of Northern Arizona using the magic of Tapatalk

Yeah, I know. That's why I still sneak my exercise in, even though I'm not very enthusiastic of it. I just make sure I'm not totally slipping, that I keep going on the goals I have set for now. You're right that I will be grateful for that in the future :).

I think it's more than enough to do what you laid out for yourself in your challenge. :) No shame in that.. quite the opposite really! You should be super proud of everything you've accomplished considering you have injured yourself and have run into a couple of bumps in the road!

Thanks :). I suppose I just got used to exercising a lot and my enthusiasm for exercise was some kind of measure for the recovery from my depression. Three weeks ago everything seems to be better than it is now, even though I know that slight dips are normal during recovery. I should be proud of myself, since I still manage to get in all my exercise, even though I'm not enthusiastic for it.

At the moment, I'm concentrating on eating "well" and sleeping well. I'm cooking for lunch every day now. Yesterday I made a quiche with onion, bell pepper, tomato, spinach, bacon and feta, and I did not get slightly hungry until 5. I did not have to eat anything between lunch and dinner to prevent toppling over, so that's definitely a win. This morning I had some leftovers, and even cold it still tasted very good :). Today I will make an English breakfast for lunch, which is a lot less work ;).

For sleeping, I'm now concentrating on no screens at least an hour before bedtime. It seems to help a lot, I have slept better since I enforced this :).

• Like 2

There's a blue light emitting from the screen that is similar to sunlight, that's why people have trouble sleeping after staring at computer/electronic screens.

But in either case, congrats on fixing the sleeping problem :P

• Like 1

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

There's a blue light emitting from the screen that is similar to sunlight, that's why people have trouble sleeping after staring at computer/electronic screens.

But in either case, congrats on fixing the sleeping problem :tongue:

Thanks :). It has something to do with the levels of melatonin in your body, and blue light keeps you artificially awake. My sleep is not perfect yet, but I think I sleep much better now and I'm more rested in the morning.

Yesterday I did all my exercise, even though I didn't feel like it. Afterwards I felt much better, especially with the yoga. I think I'm going back to my comfort zone with yoga, since I'm dealing with a lot of additional goals (sleeping, eating, getting less depressed) at the moment. I enjoyed the 30-day challenge of doyouyoga.com a lot, so I will do the workouts from that challenge.

Also, my psych said this morning that I'm doing everything right to get better as soon as possible, so my common sense and internet-wisdom were right about which habits to form :).

• Like 3

Nice work!

• Like 1

Level 5 Lizardfolk: Assassin STR - 4, DEX - 3, STA - 5, CON -4, WIS - 20, CHA - 12

"You want to know the difference between a master and a beginner? The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

Current Challenge: "Idealistinfire's 2% Improvement Plan"     Battle Log: "Idealistinfire Battle's Saboteur's Spawn"                                

Epic Quest: No fancy name yet

Fantastic work, Waanie, I've never heard of anyone regretting exercise, keep that in mind whenever you're not feeling like it.

• Like 1

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

Nice work!

Thanks!

You've had an interesting past two weeks! I hope all is well now (or well enough, at least).

Yes, I had! My left hip still hurts a bit while stretching or making wrong movements, so I'm still a bit careful with it. It was my right hip that was injured during blogilates btw, but I guess I overcompensated and therefore injured both hips...

Fantastic work, Waanie, I've never heard of anyone regretting exercise, keep that in mind whenever you're not feeling like it.

Thanks! I certainly regret the blogilates, but in general, I don't regret exercise when I don't get injured. I'll keep it in mind :).

Yesterday was garlic day. I don't know why, but I had an enormous craving for garlic. I ate left-over garlic sauce, home-made garlic/mustard soup and put plenty of garlic in my pasta for dinner. It just tastes so good and gives an enormous dept to your dishes. People around you don't like it so much though, unless they have eaten garlic themselves ^^.

Has someone any tips to not get dizzy during exercise? I get light in my head more often than not during cardio and strength training nowadays, and it is not a good feeling. I eat enough, so that's probably not the problem. Help?

Re: dizziness - are you drinking enough water or do you have asthma or allergies?  when the pollen came out in full force this year, I got really dizzy because the allergies messed with my ears.  it was really annoying, although allergy meds and my inhaler helped a bit

• Like 1

Level 5 Lizardfolk: Assassin STR - 4, DEX - 3, STA - 5, CON -4, WIS - 20, CHA - 12

"You want to know the difference between a master and a beginner? The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

Current Challenge: "Idealistinfire's 2% Improvement Plan"     Battle Log: "Idealistinfire Battle's Saboteur's Spawn"                                

Usually I drink plenty of water (2-3 liter a day), do that should not be a problem.

Allergies/asthma could be a good reason. I have allergic asthma and exercise asthma (don't know what it's called in English), for which I have an inhaler. I only have long term asthma medicine, but I never forget a dose. I haven't had coughs since I take this medicine, but sometimes I "squeak" a bit when we forgot to clean or the pollen are bad. I never realized that it could mess with my ears, but it actually makes sense. Thanks for the reply!

Hai! I just read through your entire thread, 'cause it was about time I checked out another fellow dutchy :) Looks like you're doing great! it must be very encouraging to hear that you're doing everything right on track to getting better. 

Sweet bread toppings is something I'm getting rid of this challenge, so far i'm doing really well. Are you still noticing that it helps you when you eat more protein oriented breakfasts/lunches? 

On the topic of dizziness etc during exercising; could it be that you're forgetting to breath when things get heavy? When i'm doing really heavy lifts i always get dizzy to the point I sometimes have to sit down, but that's because i'm holding my breath on purpose.

• Like 1

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: KB Girl prepares to move

my instagram - my gym's instagram

Hai! I just read through your entire thread, 'cause it was about time I checked out another fellow dutchy :) Looks like you're doing great! it must be very encouraging to hear that you're doing everything right on track to getting better. 

Sweet bread toppings is something I'm getting rid of this challenge, so far i'm doing really well. Are you still noticing that it helps you when you eat more protein oriented breakfasts/lunches? 

On the topic of dizziness etc during exercising; could it be that you're forgetting to breath when things get heavy? When i'm doing really heavy lifts i always get dizzy to the point I sometimes have to sit down, but that's because i'm holding my breath on purpose.

Thanks for reading :).

I somehow doubt I forget to breath while biking, and I get dizzy most often while biking for at least 5km. I think it's mostly seasonal allergies at the moment, I will ask my doctor next Wednesday. Thanks for your advice anyway, I often forget to breath during bodyweight workouts ;).

As for the breakfast/lunch, it really helps me to get more fat/protein during those meals. It does not work wonders, but it keeps the hunger off for one more hour, so I usually don't have to snack in between meals anymore. Good for you to get rid of the sweet bread toppings :).

Okay, I went to the doctor today. Unfortunately, it was not my own doctor. Unfortunately, this is the kind of doctor who is able to get rid of his patients within 10 minutes, or even 5 if necessary. My own doctor really listens to me, assumes I'm intelligent, explains why he's doing something and seems to genuinely look for the best solution for his patients. Many people don't like it (e.g. they don't want to start exercising or eat healthier), but for me it is ideal.

The doctor I saw today lowered my dose of anti-depressants without asking me any questions when I said my psychologist thinks it's a good idea, told me it is impossible to get dizzy from asthma, but that it's possibly one of the side-effects of my anti-depressants. At home, I read in the leaflet for venlaflaxine that it can indeed be a side-effect, and that you should contact your doctor when it happens. It also said it could be because of low blood-pressure, but the doctor did not check my blood pressure. Lastly, I asked him if I can use bromhexine for the mucus in my airways. He said yes, but I'm not sure I can trust him. I don't cough, so I won't use it for the reason that's stated on the package. This will be the next thing I'll google, I suppose...

So I have asked the assistant to have an appointment with my own doctor next time (I always ask that, but apparently the other assistant is not as good as the regular one), and she will contact me if the doctors swap days again.

I have cleaned my bike and added some extra air to the tires, so biking is easier again. If I bike slowly, I don't really get dizzy anymore, but it seems to take me ages to get somewhere. I'm looking for the middle in which I get slightly dizzy, but bike at almost my normal speed. Depending on the wind that's doable :).

I'm going to try to spread my strength workout throughout the day. I don't know yet how I'm going to do a warming up, maybe walk around the block and do a set of a light variation of that exercise first (e.g. wall push-ups). Monday I became really dizzy again during my bodyweight training, so I guess I can't do my normal routine.

TL;DR: I'm slowly getting better mentally, the dose of my anti-depressants is halved and I'm looking for ways to work around the limitations of my body.

I'm happy you have less anti-depressants now. That's a major step forward! 

Btw today I biked against such headwinds it was insane. I felt like dying halfway to the cinema :P 

• Like 1

Man, This pisses me off, there are just some people who don't deserve that White Coat!

I'm glad that you're not mindlessly listening to whatever he's saying and actually taking actions for these meds.

• Like 1

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

I'm happy you have less anti-depressants now. That's a major step forward! 

Btw today I biked against such headwinds it was insane. I felt like dying halfway to the cinema :tongue:

It is a major step forward :). My psychologist and I talked about it last Wednesday, and he suggested that I might not need such a "high" dose anymore. The prescription is done by the GP (huisarts) however, so I was the one to communicate it. My psychologist and normal GP know each other very well and listen to each others advice. Plus, they can both communicate with nerds :).

I know what you're talking about with the headwinds. I had to bike 10km each way last Saturday, and the wind was very strong. On the way back home I was sufficiently drunk to not mind the weather, but on my way there I had headwinds and heavy rain. No fun to bike in...

There is nothing to be done about those side effects? My sister in law is also working on lowering anti depressants and often complains about her psydoctor.. Maybe it was the same one? :/

Anyhow! Way to go!

Nope, not the same one. This is a new GP on campus, I'm not seeing a psychiatrist. I don't know if there is something to be done about the side effects, I hope lowering the dose will help. That's the reason my psychologist suggests to lower the dose, even though it might be slightly too early. The side effects started after around a month, so it can be that my body is not getting rid of the anti depressants fast enough. A lower dose should help with this. It would be nice to not bruise myself at the smallest bumps anymore ;).

Man, This pisses me off, there are just some people who don't deserve that White Coat!

I'm glad that you're not mindlessly listening to whatever he's saying and actually taking actions for these meds.

I know... And the good doctor was almost kicked out of his profession recently. Since I'm taking a lot of meds, I always want to be careful to prevent interactions. So usually, I go to my doctor with a problem and if I think I know a solution, I always ask my doctor first if the solution is "correct". Then he explains me why or why not I'm thinking correctly, and gives me advise. He knows not everyone is the same, and it takes some experimenting to find the best treatment for an individual person. I really like that approach, it gives me more freedom to try things out to see what works best for me and he seems to look for the best treatment for each individual patient :). It's always a disappointment to meet a "regular" GP who thinks just in standard solutions...

Thanks for all your support, I really appreciate it :).

I'm working with the website superbetter.com now to make small increments in health, and it really seems to work. I put some post-its throughout the house yesterday, saying that I'm awesome. My boyfriend saw that, and is joining me with making post-its :). It's very nice to read that you're awesome several times a day, it really seems to help me with my self-confidence :).

• Like 4

The PMS is real. It's funny, since I did not have mood swings because of PMS before I started antidepressants. Oh well. At least my boyfriend leaves me some chocolate now :). Since I need pain killers, I probably won't do a bodyweight workout. However, the weather is nice, so I will probably go for a walk in the afternoon.

sunshine.jpg

I'm afraid there is no cure for turning into a woman once the deadly flowers-on-the-table symptoms show up

• Like 1

Today it's even becoming worse: I've got 3 kinds of fruits in my house and I think I might need a fruit bowl. I'm going to try grape fruits, first in a cake, and if they taste good, maybe raw with a little sugar. Yay for trying new fruits!

Also, my boyfriend and I will try eating oats for breakfast tomorrow. They are said to be healthier and they are probably more filling per kcal, so we'll give it a shot. We can also use it to eat more fruits, something we really need to do ;).

• Like 3

Yay for trying new fruits! And tay for boyfriends who leave you nice post-it notes.

Because you are awesome.

My kitten helped me type this on my phone. Please pardon the typos.

• Like 1

AnnieP (respawned)

Starting over Newbie (second time's the charm)

"Never be satisfied with anything less than absolute perfection! ...said no sane person ever." -- Spark

"And my cheese monster will never be satisfied by cheddar, only the cheese of accomplishment." -- Ze Frank, An Invocation for Beginnings(NSFW)

Current Challenge: Finding Her Joy Again;  Previous Challenge: Here We Go Again

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines