6-week-long challenge of skill!

ApfelStrudi

Welcome back to another challenging mini-challenge! In our last challenge we had such a positive response to a 6 week long skill challenge that we decided to do it again! Only this time we’ll be focusing on something a little bit different; the pistol squat.

The pistol squat is an elusive beast and we’re going to do everything we can to help you guys get there. Every week we shall give you some exercises that will build a base to get to a proper pistol squat!

Now remember, these mini-challenges are an extra bit of fun to help you try something new and be even better! But we don’t want them to take over from your main focus and goals, but if you’ve already got something related to a pistol squat or that week’s mini-challenge in your goals then you can definitely count them both at once!

Last time we had the most wonderful Mad Hatter helping us out with our mini-challenge, this time we have the ferocious Phylanx! (Don’t worry, he won’t bite!)

So, everyone got that? If you do, awesome! If not, just post your question, or PM one of your GLs or Phylanx and we’ll be happy to help!

This thread can be used for general questions, progression pictures, suggestions and awesomeness! If you can answer questions, even though you're neither GL nor Phylanx, please feel free to do so. :)

We'll be posting the weekly mini-challenges with the actual progression and exercises, as well as the theme. Of course, this will be unraveled by our one and only Vengefulpear, master of the pen and paper - and soon to be master of the pistol squat!

Stay tuned for more awesomeness :)

Rewards for participating in the mini-challenges!

Week 1: 1 DEX + Hydraulic Jump Boosters - http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/47145-mini-challenge-1-to-kill-a-megatron/

Week 2: 1 WIS + Mystery Item

Week 3: 1 STR + Mystery Item

Week 4: 1 STA + Mystery Item

Week 5: 1 CON + Mystery Item

Week 6: 1 CHA + Mystery Item

• Like 2

Just trying to get back on my feet. :)

ApfelStrudi is out of control

Awesome challenge :D

I can do a grand total of one pistol squat on my right leg, so I'm hoping for at least one on the left leg by the end of this!

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring."

Yeti on Flickr - Facebook - Instagram

YAYAYAYAYAYAY AWESOME! New skill challenge wooooohooooo! And I can't do a pistol squat and they make your butt sexy so I'm all on board! PISTOL SQUAAAAATS!

cat971.gif

• Like 4

Definitely looking forward to the progression instructions on this one! 

• Like 1

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Walk to Mordor Spreadsheet

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

I shall follow along :) (although not yet an Assassin.) I've got split squats in my routine as an attempt to start getting towards pistol squat, so hopefully I'll make some progress.

warrior : level 8

str: 20.75 | dex: 13.75 | sta: 11.75 | con: 9.75 | wis: 8.25 | cha: 4.75

''Difficult' and 'impossible' are cousins often mistaken for one another, with very little in common' - Locke Lamora

I shall follow along :) (although not yet an Assassin.) I've got split squats in my routine as an attempt to start getting towards pistol squat, so hopefully I'll make some progress.

Huzzah :D Our mini-challenges are open to all and we're definitely pleased to have you along :) 

Assassin Guild Leader  Trainee

STR: 2 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 3 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 3

Current Challenge: Vengefulpear Revives!

Level 1

High Score:

Level 7 STR: 14 | DEX: 10 | STA: 1 | CON: 12 | WIS: 6 | CHA: 4

It's basically one of these! http://www.fstacademy.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/single-leg-squat-pistol-squat.jpg

Well depending on how well you do it :P 

Explosive, huh? Maybe that ties in with the theme... 

Assassin Guild Leader  Trainee

STR: 2 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 3 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 3

Current Challenge: Vengefulpear Revives!

Level 1

High Score:

Level 7 STR: 14 | DEX: 10 | STA: 1 | CON: 12 | WIS: 6 | CHA: 4

It's basically one of these! http://www.fstacademy.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/single-leg-squat-pistol-squat.jpg

Well depending on how well you do it :tongue:

Explosive, huh? Maybe that ties in with the theme... 

That hurts just looking at it!  Still, I will give it my best.

"I must not fear.  Fear is the mind killer.  Fear is the little death that causes total obliteration.  I will face my fear.  I will allow it to pass over me and through me until only I remain."

My Current Challenge

Level 2 Bene Gesserit Assassin

STR 4 | DEX 3 | STA 3 | CON 3 | WIS 4 | CHA 3

Cool!  I'm on board :)

Level 5 Lizardfolk: Assassin STR - 4, DEX - 3, STA - 5, CON -4, WIS - 20, CHA - 12

"You want to know the difference between a master and a beginner? The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

Current Challenge: "Idealistinfire's 2% Improvement Plan"     Battle Log: "Idealistinfire Battle's Saboteur's Spawn"                                

Epic Quest: No fancy name yet

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines