Loidor Against Zombies, level 1

loidor

So, tomorrow... What will I do, what will I do? The more I'm doing this, the more I'm getting drawn towards the crossfit mentality. Not the competing or doing things together with others, but the circuits and the blend of weights and cardio - I love that. And, well, even if I do like tracing my doings and see the small improvements, I'm even more fond of the idea of not doing the same all the time, that I'm allowed to mix things up and that my main goal is to get taste-of-blood tired.

Another thing I like with the crossfit idea is that you can rest when you want to, but you're still trying to finish as fast as possible. There's no "you HAVE to work for 20 seconds", it's more "one more, I can do one more", and if I can't, I rest a bit and THEN do one more.

Right, back to the point. I'll do a circuit with:

• 5 inverted rows at 10
  • 5 squats, 35 kg
  • 5 overhead press, ?? kg I have absolutely NO idea what my starting weight is here.
  • 5 deadlifts, 40 kg
  • 5 burpees

One warm-up circuit without weights and to find starting weight of the OHP, and then it's-a go! I'll aim for five laps. If I'm not dead yet by then, I'll add some minutes of planks.

• Like 1

5 laps of:

• 5 inverted rows at mark 10
  • 5 squats with 30 kg
  • 5 overhead presses with 30 kg the first lap, 25 kg the second lap and 20 kg the last three laps
  • 5 deadlifts with 30 kg
  • 5 burpees

26 minutes and 28 seconds

If anyone wonders, them overhead presses was so tough that when I did them, I was looking forward to the burpees at the end. I chose to do squats and deadlifts at 30, so I didn't have to shuffle around weights so much. I might as well do the same procedure next time, because this was fun! Except then I might put the work in to squat and deadlift at 35 kg and do all overhead presses with 20.

My arms are so sore it hurt to wash my hair.

• Like 1

"Looking forward to burpees"

Now there's a phrase you don't read every day.

• Like 1

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

So. Much. Pain.

Of course I woke up with DOMS OF DOOM this morning. My fiance however had no such problems. "I've invited [favourite friendly couple] over for a 7 km mountain hike. You're up for it, aren't you?"

I don't say no to free muscles, and the hike was awfully awesome. When we got home however, I was so tired I felt depressed. That happens now and then when I'm knackered. I can even start to cry because I'm so utterly sad.

So I went to bed, and now I've slept for a couple of hours and... Fucking hell, I hurt so much! I'm not even sure I can stand up!

And I'm supposed to run two miles barefoot at high speed tomorrow... Luckily there's no DOMS in my feet :-)

• Like 1

DOMS are/is a mark of distinction. That said, take care: if your legs are still cream-crackered in the morning you need to check your form doesn't suffer, and if you find you're coming down hard on your heels, maybe consider putting some shoes on...?

Anyway, hopefully not going to happen. Enjoy your Sunday!

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Today my legs feels much better! Still sore in my shoulders, but I don't run with those anyway. Since it's Sunday, I have some measurements ready. Within the spoiler is the earlier weeks.

My startoff was the following:
Height: 177 cm
Weight: 88 kg
Neck: 37 cm
Wrist: 17 cm
Waist: 101 cm

According to different formulas, this was my body fat percentage:
Navy: 28.19 %
Modified YMCA: 28.19 %
Penrose-Nelson-Fisher: 30.68 %
The average of these three: 29.07 %

First week's measurements were these:
Weight: 87 kg
Waist: 99 cm

Navy: 27.01 %
Modified YMCA: 26.91 %
Penrose-Nelson-Fisher: 29.35 %
The average of these three: 27.76 %

Second week's measurements were these:
Weight: 86 kg
Waist: 98 cm

Navy: 26.40 %
Modified YMCA: 26.45 %
Penrose-Nelson-Fisher: 28.79 %
The average of these three: 27.21 %

Today's measurements are these:
Weight: 85 kg
Waist: 96 cm

According to different formulas, this is my body fat percentage:
Navy: 25.16 %
Modified YMCA: 25.12 %
Penrose-Nelson-Fisher: 27.41 %
The average of these three: 25.89 %

THAT'S ANOTHER PERCENT! It's also two inches of my waist since the start. Way to fucking go! For the love of tea, I'm awesome!

Also, I've slept good the entire week and taken my meds on time. This coming week it'll be even more important, since I'm laying off with the antidepressants for this time. Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday I'll have half my dosage (50 mg instead of 100), and from Friday and another nine days I'll have 25 mg. I have also started with the antihistamines for this year, so I'll also take care of eating those.

So, today I'll run as soon as I get home (will go to town and pet look at hiking boots). 3 km barefoot. <3

Bollocksy hell (that's as cursy as this gets. I could get into fecal fetish bdsm terminology clashed with satan and who knows what, but I won't go there). I didn't run yesterday, since... well, I ran out of daylight hours. Instead, I ran on my lunch today. And forgot vaseline.

How the FUCK could I forget vaseline? I mean, it's like begging for problems. The last time I forgot about vaseline was, like... two? Three years ago? SERIOUSLY!

Anyway, I fucked up and forgot about vaseline. And since I'm kind of a chubby guy, that means chafing. Like some damn fissure kind of chafing. And bloody fucking useless hell, it hurts! I've put propolis and aloe vera (soothing balms) on it and had double whiskies and a beer, so right now it's kind of all right, but tomorrow will be... special. And I'm running again on Wednesday, if my upper inner thigh is properly healed by then.

And oh. Blister. I got too cocky running on flat ground (my usual run is quite hilly) and sped up quite a bit. Result? Didn't focus on form and got a blister. Ah well, that'll pass.

3 km (about two miles) barefoot, 18 minutes and 11 seconds. Should've aimed for 24 minutes and no blister. Ah well, what's life for if not to fuck up?

• Like 1

Whiskies and beer as cures for chafing? Hm... Sounds like excuses to me, but since I've had a big load of wine with much less excuse, I wont judge. 2 miles barefoot is pretty decent, and a blister is not as bad as some of the things you can get from poor running form, so I'd say you're ahead. Anyway, I hope the chafing is better by tomorrow!

:-)

Sorry, I forgot to swear:

Cacking arse biscuits! ;-)

• Like 2

Right, so today was gym day. I did something that was new for me - I went to the gym without a proper plan of what to do.

Anyway, we have something they call a "HIT Cage" at my gym. It looks like this:

hitside.JPG

And it's like... The functional/crossfit part of the gym. Last week they announced something they call "HIT Cage Small Group Training". I asked them about that today - if it's a crossfit rip-off, I could like to try it out. It turned out the work force will be instructed in what this HCSGT is on Friday, so they had no clue really today. O____O I mean, COME ON, YOU'RE FUCKING ANNOUNCING ABOUT IT. Anyway, I told them about my blister issue and they said it was okay to work out barefoot. Yay!

I did two circuits. The first (which I did five laps of) one was:

• 5 inverted rows at mark 9.75
  • 5 squats at 35 kg
  • 5 overhead presses at 20 kg

The second one (that I did three laps of) was:

• 10 Russian kettlebell swings (not overhead) with 12 kg
  • 1 minute plank

I noticed a few things:

1. I should try to do rubberband-assisted pullups sometime.
  2. My squat form is developing beautifully. I could up the reps next time.
  3. Overhead presses at 20 kg are too light. I should try 25 kg next time for all five sets.
  4. I'm starting to get good at this. 
  • Like 1

We got snow. IT'S MAY, IT'S NOT SUPPOSED TO SNOW, WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS!?!?

In other words, I didn't run yesterday. Instead, I did 1 km (that's 2.5 too short :-O) on the treadmill at the gym this morning. Warmup. Then I tried the rubberband-assisted pull-ups. DAMN, THAT WAS FUN! It felt like I was actually doing pull-ups and I felt so cool! I could do it with the thickest one, but not with the next one in line. Also, I noticed there was a difference if I had my foot in it or my knee. Foot was easier, and I could easily get my chin above the bar. Knee was a struggle, and I'm not sure I even got up properly. So I did it with foot in the circuit. I also tried front squats with just the bar, and that was fun! I'll try get a go in tomorrow too, before work, and I can both run those kilometres that wasn't run today, and I can experiment with starting weight on the front squat and more with them rubber bands. Also, one of the squat racks was gone today, and I know they're getting a new, better one, so hopefully that will be there tomorrow. We're also getting rid of all those old, smelly non-bumber weights and get new bumper-plates. <3

And I asked around some more about this HIT Cage small group training, and it seems to be like... bodyweight intervals. Not as cool as I expected it to be, but hey, we'll see. I'll try to get a free session anyhow :D

Anyway, I did five laps of this:

• 5 rubberband-assisted pullups. (heaviest one with foot in it)
  • 5 squats @ 35 kg
  • 5 overhead presses @ 25 kg (Bit of a new favourite movement)
  • 10 kettlebell swings @ 10 kg

And for a finish I did 10 burpees.

• Like 1

My God man! THAT IS SO FUCKING COOL!!!!!!!

I love doing banded pullups, it's great to feel the muscles working through the whole movement. Totally feels like you're kicking ass!

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Today I...

• Ran 2.5 km barefoot
  • Did front squats. 5 reps of 20 kg, 25 kg, 30 kg and 35 kg and finally 1 rep of 37.5 kg
  • Deadlifts. 10 reps of 40 kg, 2x5 reps of 50 kg, 1 rep of 60 kg
  • Pull up experiment. Tried knee in the thickest rubberband and foot in the next to thickest one, and it was about the same. I'll work my way up to 10 reps before moving on to the next band in line.

I also really enjoyed the new half rack with a platform. <3

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines