Epic Adventures of Zombie Survival, starring Lolavictrola

Challenge #3

Ultimate Quest: Survive the Zombie Apocalypse

Necessary skills:

- STR:  Fend off zombies with melee or hand-to-hand

- STA:  Outrun hordes for long distances

- DEX:  Be agile and quick enough to cover rugged, varied terrain effortlessly (parkour style)

- CON: Have the supplies and wherewithall to bunker down and equip myself properly

- WIS:   Be wicked smaht. Because zombies are dumb.

- CHA:  Charm the pants off of handsome survivors. Steal their shit.

Current Quest: 4/14 - 5/25

Main Quest: Complete a 5k in under 60 minutes (Color Me Rad 5k Run 4/27)

Side Quests: Prepping for the 5k

1: Walk an average 30000 steps per week    (+4 STA)

A: 30k+

B: 27-29k

C: 22k-26k

D: 19k-21k

F: 18k or under

2. Walk a minimum of 5 exercise miles per week (Steps don't count) (+4 CHA)

A: 5+

B: 4+

C: 3+

D: 2+

Life Quest:

Stick to my Mon/Tues, Thurs/Fri Paleo Food Plan (+2 WIS)

A - Strictly Followed, no slips

B- 1-2 Slips

C - 3-4 Slips

F - Off the Wagon

Sunday will be my official check-in day, when I will grade myself for the week! I tried to streamline this plan a bit. Fewer things to track, and its scaled back a little more. I think I got overwhelmed with too many goals in the last challenge.

I'm excited to participate in the Color Run in April!

Lolavictrola

Amazon Adventurer in Training

STR 1 | STA 12 | DEX 1 | CON 11 | WIS 3 | CHA 16 -- 44 PT Total

My Epic Quest   ::   Current Challenge  

I watched an episode of Mythbusters about zombies.  Apparently an axe is better than a gun.  So hand me a big blade please!

M x

• Like 1

Xanjra - Level 3 - Human

STR - 1 / DEX - 1 / STA - 8 / CON - 9 / WIS - 6 / CHA - 4

Challenge - 1 (Rebel) Challenge - 2 (Adventurer) Challenge - 3 (Adventurer)

Spoiler

Battle Log 2014

UK Support Group

Long Term Goals Support

'Rule #1 - Cardio.  Zombies lead a very active life style; so should you.'  Zombieland.

I watched an episode of Mythbusters about zombies.  Apparently an axe is better than a gun.  So hand me a big blade please!

M x

My logic is that a gun is a bad idea because A) big ol' noise, B) what happens if you run outta bullets?, and C)I've never held a gun, so I likely won't magically get skills in the zompacolypse.

• Like 2

Lolavictrola

LOL -- I love your CHA comment so much!  Perfect!

Just a quick bit of advice about your grading for the eating -- it's currently set up that if you slip up more than 4 times you fail, which means you run the risk of failing quickly and giving up on the goal.  Could you maybe grade it on weeks followed well so that each week is a clean start to make a good choice?  Or you could work into your grading something about a B for "failing" and starting again.....I just would hate to see you work hard for 38 of 42 days and still fail the goal.  

• Like 2

Hiraedd the Twice Risen:

Hamadryad; Pilgrim

battle log

My logic is that a gun is a bad idea because A) big ol' noise, B) what happens if you run outta bullets?, and C)I've never held a gun, so I likely won't magically get skills in the zompacolypse.

plus, you know, guns are incredibly complex pieces of equipment, unlike what they show in movies and videogames if you don't perform regular maintenance and cleaning on them they deteriorate rapidly, and the best case situation there is that it doesn't fire when you're facing a horde and gets worse from there lol

Sword pics make me hot! TMI I know.

They make everyone hot lol

Awesome Challenge! 

Once again, Zombies are an ever present source of fitness inspiration, also, in the apocalypse, You have my bow! (since you have an ax hee hee)

• Like 1

Level 5 Tiefling Ranger/Assassin Hybrid

|STR:15 | DEX:5 | STA:9 | CON:6 | WIS:6 | CHA:4 |

My Current Challenge

Challenges: First | Second |Third | Fourth | Fifth |  Sixth

Facebook Anyone?

EMAIL!

Tiefling Ranger/Rogue Hybrid with ShadowDancer prestige, wolf companion, and Spiked Chain proficiency, BOOM my awesomeness just broke your campaign - Me

Awesome Challenge! 

Once again, Zombies are an ever present source of fitness inspiration, also, in the apocalypse, You have my bow! (since you have an ax hee hee)

Why thank you! I think bows would be pretty useful... if you know how to make arrows. I'll stick with waving sharp things around.

Lolavictrola

My first couple of days have been pretty solid. My food plan is going quite well. Exercise did not happen Monday or Tuesday... if you've ever done theater, you know that shows are followed by a post-show hangover (adrenaline crash). I'm headed to the gym tomorrow (Wed), though!

Lolavictrola

This flu/cold fever thing has pretty much knocked me out this week, from Tuesday to today (Friday). I really wanted to ramp up my gym time in preparation for next weekend's Color Me Rad 5k in Manchester, but it just was not in the cards. I'm praying that I'll feel better by Sunday, so I can do lots of walking, jogging, and other cardio in the week before!

Sigh. 

• Like 1

Lolavictrola

This flu/cold fever thing has pretty much knocked me out this week, from Tuesday to today (Friday). I really wanted to ramp up my gym time in preparation for next weekend's Color Me Rad 5k in Manchester, but it just was not in the cards. I'm praying that I'll feel better by Sunday, so I can do lots of walking, jogging, and other cardio in the week before!

Sigh.

I have the crud this week too! A lot do this week. Plenty of rest and fluids!

Hope you feel better. Don't beat yourself up this week. We are all there.

• Like 1

Level 36 Ranger Sorcerer 

Current challenge 

Well, I am FINALLY feeling a bit better. Not 100%, but the end is in sight! 

I'm so ready to get back to the gym... I saw the new Captain America last night, which made me want to kick some ass, and the Boston Marathon today has me inspired to get moving as well!

• Like 1

Lolavictrola

Captain America was awesome - i totally see why people have been raving about it!

Health update: My flu was followed by a nasty bout of seasonal allergies, which means I basically FEEL like I've been sick for 2 weeks. I tried taking an antihistamine this morning, and that really did help.

Color Run 5k is on Sunday!!

Lolavictrola

The Walk is such a cool app... Zombies Run is amazing for workouts, but The Walk actually tracks your every day stuff. Walking 2 minutes to the bathroom counts towards my daily walking steps/minutes, and advances me in the story. Love it!

Picked up my bib for the Color Me Rad 5k tomorrow!

• Like 1

Lolavictrola

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines