Thirster... thirster

hodor2.gif

Background:

Been working at this for a while now.  I’ve had my ups and downs, but I’ve managed to keep heading in an overall downward direction with my weight.  I’m surrounded by really good, supporting people, so that helps a lot.

Main quest:  Reach 365 lbs

My ultimate goal is far more ambitious, but for this challenge I want to get to 365 lbs.  This will require me to be strict on my calorie goal every day to ensure I lose roughly 2 pounds a week.  I am currently at 376 pounds, so this is 11 pounds to lose in 6 weeks.  This will be rough.

Missions:

I will track my food on MyFitnessPal every day, following their calculated calorie recommendation [diet]

As of April 9th my daily calorie budget is 2880 calories. 

Intermittent fasting – basically skipping breakfast.  I seem to do better on my calorie goals if I skip breakfast.  We’ll put that to the test this challenge.

I will work out a minimum of two times a week (I also need to start tracking my numbers again) [fitness]

Life side quest:

Complete the 5k on April 19th.

Motivation:  teh ladies, to not develop diabetes, and to just all around be awesome

Lvl 5 Penguin Warrior:  10 Str, 3.5 Dex, 6.5 STA, 23.5 CON, 12.25 WIS, 5.75 CHA

Intro | Current Challenge Thread | Character sheet
My Personal Blog | My Food Blog

There are no failures, only learning pains

Sub'd.

This calorie calculator has served me well.

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

Better than MFP's anyway.

What are your macros and workouts like?

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge
Previously known as: Curl Brogo, Darwins_Demon, Vincent Van Bro

2020 Respawn Battle Log || Tarly's Ten Level Nutrition Plan

My Fitness Pal Profile || NF Epic Quest Character Page || Instagram

Weight Loss Quest: Start 270 lbs., Goal 199 lbs., Current 270 lbs., Waist: ,45.0 in., Bodyfat%: 33%

Sub'd.

This calorie calculator has served me well.

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

Better than MFP's anyway.

What are your macros and workouts like?

macros are a bit over the place.

typical workout is weightlifting (stronglifts).

I think if you get the macros down, 11 lbs. in 6 weeks will be easy.

I was doing recomp last fall. I worked out my maintenance calories by tracking foods and weight and was keeping even +/- 2 lbs. at 3000 cals / day with a 40/30/30 % CHO/PRO/FAT split while doing SL 5x5. It turns out the above calculator I posted was within 100 cals.

Once I figured that out I cut calories by 200-500 / day and started losing about 1-2 lbs. a week.

More recently I switched to a paleo-ish, borderline ketogenic diet, with recovery carbs after intense workouts (SL) and about 10 lbs. have seemed to just fallen off of me. I'm not sure if I'm getting stronger yet though.

The key ingredients are:

1) get lots of protein -- calculate your need based on lean body mass

2) for rapid weight loss, eat more fat, and few carbs, but lower your workout intensity to prevent loss of muscle gains

3) to build muscle you need carbs for recovery (at the very least)

4) Building muscle while losing requires a delicate balance, but I think most of this applies to people with less than 15% BF

5) No matter what, make sure you get enough calories so you don't get derailed.

Anyway, just trying to help if I can. Those are the guidelines I follow. Take them with a grain of salt and try the experiments yourself.

And the above all point is your goal of 11 lbs. in six weeks is totally do-able. Kill it!

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge
Previously known as: Curl Brogo, Darwins_Demon, Vincent Van Bro

2020 Respawn Battle Log || Tarly's Ten Level Nutrition Plan

My Fitness Pal Profile || NF Epic Quest Character Page || Instagram

Weight Loss Quest: Start 270 lbs., Goal 199 lbs., Current 270 lbs., Waist: ,45.0 in., Bodyfat%: 33%

I'm subbing coz we've got similar goals. I'm working on the bf% so I can rock my bikini on holiday, and I'm also doing my first 5k in April.

I'll be tracking on MFP too, I'm Leannebentalla if you wanna add me as a friend. Good for accountability and all that ;)

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Good luck bro!

2lbs a week is doable and is my goal also so lets do this!

Good luck on the 5k also - do you have a time aim?

it's not a timed 5k, it's more for fun.  so really just to complete it and enjoy myself.

My weight can swing madly from day to day, I can easily add and then lose 5lbs in a single week. Heck! I can do it in a couple of days.

It all depends on what's going on within your body, the chemical and biological processes can significantly effect things like our water retention, which drastically alters our weight. Most of the time, we're completely unaware of it.

It'll level out, one way or another. Just don't panic if you get another "upswing", it'll come back down again. ;)

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

oh, and i added assisted pullups and assisted dips to my workouts.  currently have 112lbs of assistance.  i got my first pullup wednesday.  this is the first pullup i've done since i can remember.  for my dips i started off iwth being able to to 1-2 at a time.  wednesday i got between 3-5 each set, so i'm bumping the assistance down friday.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines