Kailer Seeks Her Roots

Kailer

Thanks Guzzi!! I am still working on the balance - today one bad decision led to another, as they are wont to do, but that's why we are here, to work on days like this. I think you outshine me on those foodie pics!!

Patty, honestly I used to HATE radishes and purple cabbage. Like, proud woman though I am, I would pick the inevitable cabbage out of my salad in restaurants. I really like them now though!! Tonight I did my salad with no dressing and I still loved my purple friends.

Level 7 DINOSAUR Scout
STR: 9 - CON: 12 - DEX: 6 - STA: 10 - WIS: 16 - CHA: 11
Current Challenge
Scouts Base Camp
Scouts Tavern

DAY FIVE, 4/18/14

No pictures today. Honestly, I was bad!! I knew it was an exercise rest day but apparently it became a diet rest day too. Dinner was a yummy chicken salad but for lunch... There was all this Easter goodness that included an unconscionable item called a "peepmobile" that was (try to visualize) a Swiss cake roll with a Peep stuck on top with melted chocolate. Additionally there were M&M wheels and headlights, a gummy steering wheel and a pretzel seat. It was a criminal presentation of sugar.

And I ate it!

I need to refocus with diet - like I said, balancing act. Just because I wake up ravenous after a sprint day doesn't require breakfast tacos and peepmobiles. The rules for feeling good haven't changed!!

Tomorrow is a NF meet up to hike/ruck so I'm really looking forward to that! I am hoping to soak up lots of neediness this weekend and be ready to balance next week.

• Like 2

Level 7 DINOSAUR Scout
Current Challenge
Scouts Base Camp
Scouts Tavern

Ooooh cool! That sounds brilliant!

Your breakfast had me laughing My Ass Off! I saw Peeps for the first time in Jitters thread the other day, I have No Idea what the heck they are, other than sweet sugary temptation, obviously. ;)

I think I'll stick with hot cross buns for my Easter treat. Well, next year. No buns whilst on a "cut" *sigh*

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Hi Kailer. It looks like a lot of ups and downs. Day two sounds a bit grim, but yesterday made a nice ending, and as usual I'm loving the food pics.

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

Er... Whoops. Day before yesterday. Tapatalk is confusing me. A peep mobile, eh? Oh my. I don't know what a peep is either but I think I get the idea. Oh well, these things happen.

Enjoy the NF meet-up.

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Hey Kailer, it just seems like you're getting into the swing of things, and it is easter after all (and you were in a social environment I believe?) so yeah, as long as you've enjoyed yourself! XD Personally, I don't know if I could ever sleep at night knowing that I missed out on eating a miniature vehicle, sounds awesome! XD

But yeah, it's definitely all a balancing act, especially between being 'disciplined', yet 'flexible', at least that has been a struggle with me. So yeah, you'll get the hang of it... or we'll make you! xD But seriously, comes to anything like this, it's best to assess it in the long term. You do take a day of 'leniency' in the week... right?

And an NF meetup? Sounds awesome! Enjoy! :-)

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk

IntroductionBodyware: Fitness Journal

Challenge Belt: (1)(2)(3)(4), (5), (6), (7), [WOOT](8), [TEMP HIATUS], (9)

Bodyweight Info: Starting: 264.5lbs, Current: 167.8lbs (NEUTRAL)

IronGlider v2.10, Adventurer Rank: Level 8

I am always ravenous after interval training.  It gets better as you do it more, but yeah..ravenous.  It usually turns into me scarfing down my dinner and then stealing food from my children.  I have no shame.  They are 5, they don't need to eat that much.  ;-)  No really, I usually try to plan a protein heavy meal for those nights, and also indulge in an after-dinner mango or grapefruit.  Mmmm.

HermioneCrusher: Level 4 Human Witch Scout

Current Challenge: HermioneCrusher conjures new food

Previous Challenges: 4 3 2 1

STR 5 | DEX 7 | STA 12 | CON 4 | WIS 7 | CHA 4

Another Hobbit! :) 

How is it going with the online-diet goal? I am doing a similar one, but much less stricter. I find I miss certain websites a lot, because they are actually fun, but they rob a lot of time away. 

So your sprints are...45 seconds sprints in 10 minutes time? Even if I personally hate them, i have to admit that running FARTLEK (*Gnihihi, "fart"*) is awesome for speed and sprinting, because you set the sprints really spontaneously according to your abilities...just take a lot of self-discipline to force yourself for another sprinting distance.

:) Good luck for the rest of the challenge.  

A Hobbit who wants to become an Elf - Scout - Level 3
STR: 2,75 | DEX: 4 | CON: 5,5 | STA: 2,5 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 2,75
The journey of Tinessael 1

The journey of Tinessael 2

Tinessael's Challenge (ongoing)

I have been OBSESSED with mushrooms since going Paleo. They just seem to add something perfect to lots of different kinds of dishes!

Yes. Yes. Yes. :)

And...yeah, that "Peepmobile" sounds like it was engineered by fiends to violate Rule #1 "Promote a healthy psychological response" :P)

Balance is hard: there are an awful lot of peanut M&Ms in the house right now -- peanut M&Ms were my big binge food in a past life -- and it's easy to resist them when I can't have any, but if I was trying to limit myself to, say, 6...  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Merganser: Level 4 Anatidae Scout

STR 4 | DEX 5 | STA 5 | CON 7 | WIS 6 | CHA 2

Intro | Current Challenge: Train for Spain!

Challenge 6: Back on Track...and Then Off Again | Challenge 5b: First-World ProblemsChallenge 5a: Make a Map | 

Challenge 4: Fly! (On a Bike!) | Challenge 3: Run!..(At All!) | Challenge 2: Stretch! | Challenge 1: Swim Faster! |

My Fitness Pal

"She was a woman who had wandered almost by accident into a life she had not quite intended for herself..." --Lawrence Osborne

"If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird 

of the family Anatidae on our hands." --Douglas Adams

Hey guys! Crazy weekend with TWO NF meetups and another social obligation in between - I am taking tonight to catch up with all of you and I will catch you up on me in the morning.

PS - Meet ups were GREAT!! Details at 9AM with Kailer Hashadsomesleep.

• Like 1

Level 7 DINOSAUR Scout
Current Challenge
Scouts Base Camp
Scouts Tavern

There were meetups this weekend! ugh, I need to get my ass to the meetups section of the boards and notice these things, goal for next challenge, be a less reclusive geek, really, I shouldn't be so nervous in social situations, weird is a side effect of awesome right?

I am glad you are doing well with your diet! have you avoided appropriately the siren call of Cadbury eggs? (I haven't had ONE! Such horror) as for your mushrooms, delicious they are, I never got into whole30 or paleo, but I have always loved mushrooms as  a general rule, don't they add such a wonderful earthiness to, well everything?

Great job as you continue, once again your food pr0n is amazing lol

Level 5 Tiefling Ranger/Assassin Hybrid

|STR:15 | DEX:5 | STA:9 | CON:6 | WIS:6 | CHA:4 |

My Current Challenge

Challenges: First | Second |Third | Fourth | Fifth |  Sixth

Facebook Anyone?

EMAIL!

Tiefling Ranger/Rogue Hybrid with ShadowDancer prestige, wolf companion, and Spiked Chain proficiency, BOOM my awesomeness just broke your campaign - Me

Ooooh cool! That sounds brilliant!

Your breakfast had me laughing My Ass Off! I saw Peeps for the first time in Jitters thread the other day, I have No Idea what the heck they are, other than sweet sugary temptation, obviously. ;)

I think I'll stick with hot cross buns for my Easter treat. Well, next year. No buns whilst on a "cut" *sigh*

I am glad you were able to stay strong throughout Easter! I know it will be worth it for you :)

Hi Kailer. It looks like a lot of ups and downs. Day two sounds a bit grim, but yesterday made a nice ending, and as usual I'm loving the food pics.

Yes, day two stunk!! Mostly ups, though!

Er... Whoops. Day before yesterday. Tapatalk is confusing me. A peep mobile, eh? Oh my. I don't know what a peep is either but I think I get the idea. Oh well, these things happen.

Enjoy the NF meet-up.

A traditional peep is a duck-shaped marshmellow covered in brightly covered sugar. Of course, everyone knows ducks can't drive so these peeps were bunny-shaped.

PeepsRabbit-LG.jpg

Hey Kailer, it just seems like you're getting into the swing of things, and it is easter after all (and you were in a social environment I believe?) so yeah, as long as you've enjoyed yourself! XD Personally, I don't know if I could ever sleep at night knowing that I missed out on eating a miniature vehicle, sounds awesome! XD

But yeah, it's definitely all a balancing act, especially between being 'disciplined', yet 'flexible', at least that has been a struggle with me. So yeah, you'll get the hang of it... or we'll make you! xD But seriously, comes to anything like this, it's best to assess it in the long term. You do take a day of 'leniency' in the week... right?

And an NF meetup? Sounds awesome! Enjoy! :-)

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk

I am getting into the swing! Like I told someone else today - we are all here to get better, if we were perfect all the time we wouldn't need any help! This week will be better. That's all that matters:)

The meetup was great, thanks! I'll get some details out in a minute.

I am always ravenous after interval training.  It gets better as you do it more, but yeah..ravenous.  It usually turns into me scarfing down my dinner and then stealing food from my children.  I have no shame.  They are 5, they don't need to eat that much.  ;-)  No really, I usually try to plan a protein heavy meal for those nights, and also indulge in an after-dinner mango or grapefruit.  Mmmm.

Hahaha, for shame! Working out so you can be strong enough to steal your kids' food, lol. MMMMM, protein.

Another Hobbit! :) 

How is it going with the online-diet goal? I am doing a similar one, but much less stricter. I find I miss certain websites a lot, because they are actually fun, but they rob a lot of time away. 

So your sprints are...45 seconds sprints in 10 minutes time? Even if I personally hate them, i have to admit that running FARTLEK (*Gnihihi, "fart"*) is awesome for speed and sprinting, because you set the sprints really spontaneously according to your abilities...just take a lot of self-discipline to force yourself for another sprinting distance.

:) Good luck for the rest of the challenge.  

I am doing alright with the online diet goal, thanks! I have still been spending a lot of time on NF and Facebook, which are allowed but I seem to be just filling Reddit time with them. I am still working on it. I'm doing great with no TV, though!

Yes. Yes. Yes. :)

And...yeah, that "Peepmobile" sounds like it was engineered by fiends to violate Rule #1 "Promote a healthy psychological response" :tongue:)

Balance is hard: there are an awful lot of peanut M&Ms in the house right now -- peanut M&Ms were my big binge food in a past life -- and it's easy to resist them when I can't have any, but if I was trying to limit myself to, say, 6...  :rolleyes:

Strong woman!! 

• Like 2

Level 7 DINOSAUR Scout
Current Challenge
Scouts Base Camp
Scouts Tavern

I managed to avoid peeps this year, but I did fall prey to a cadbury egg (it launched itself into my mouth...I swear!). Fortunately, it was a mini egg. 

So far it sounds like you've been doing really good. Even if you have a bad eating day or a poor exercise day, picking yourself up and getting back on track the next day is what matters most. 

Hobbit Scout

Level 1

STR 3 DEX 2 STA 4 CON 1 WIS 3 CHA 2

"Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional."

How did the nf meet up go?

Catching them all from my iPad using tapatalk

It was AWESOME!! Posting recap below :)

I managed to avoid peeps this year, but I did fall prey to a cadbury egg (it launched itself into my mouth...I swear!). Fortunately, it was a mini egg. 

So far it sounds like you've been doing really good. Even if you have a bad eating day or a poor exercise day, picking yourself up and getting back on track the next day is what matters most. 

Thanks Bloom! Good to see you here. I find it's easy to set my mind to diet OR exercise, but I am still working on doing both at the same time. That's okay though, that's why I'm here :D

Level 7 DINOSAUR Scout
Current Challenge
Scouts Base Camp
Scouts Tavern

There were meetups this weekend! ugh, I need to get my ass to the meetups section of the boards and notice these things, goal for next challenge, be a less reclusive geek, really, I shouldn't be so nervous in social situations, weird is a side effect of awesome right?

I am glad you are doing well with your diet! have you avoided appropriately the siren call of Cadbury eggs? (I haven't had ONE! Such horror) as for your mushrooms, delicious they are, I never got into whole30 or paleo, but I have always loved mushrooms as  a general rule, don't they add such a wonderful earthiness to, well everything?

Great job as you continue, once again your food pr0n is amazing lol

I was wondering where you were this weekend! I'm sorry you missed out again. Next time one comes around I will make sure to point you in that direction :) Trust me, there was nothing to be nervous about. Just us Nerds!!

And no cadbury eggs! They aren't my weakness - the fact that I haven't had a Reece's egg is the real win for me! 

See below for more excellent food-tography.

Level 7 DINOSAUR Scout
Current Challenge
Scouts Base Camp
Scouts Tavern

Okay, finally some wrap-ups! At least me absence was for good cause - I was with nerds!!

Day Six, 4/19/14:

I was up bright and early to hike the Austin Greenbelt with NERDS! There were 13 of us altogether I think from as far as San Francisco and Omaha - although most were Texans. :) About half were wearing ruck vests or packs, and the rest of us hiked (hiking was plenty strenuous for me!) We did nearly 9 miles altogether (Thanks to BigM getting us lost a few times.)

10268593_10152310244931387_5410627684488

10250073_10152001312530877_1059423820205

(You'll see I wore my Scout green!!)

Next we went and had tacos (no tortillas for me) and then I had to split from the group because I had plans with other friends. We saw Captain America and I had a great salad from Zpizza in Austin:

904137_10152310244861387_675499559818719

My legs were SORE Saturday night, but they feel better today (Monday) so I think it was all good, no serious issues.

Day Seven, 4/20/14:

I woke up early enough to prep my contributions for Nerdster. I needed to do another bodyweight routine but my legs were waaaaaaaaaaay to sore to consider doing the BBWW. I did an ab routine instead, but due to feeling pretty spent I cut it short and only did about 10 minutes worth. The routine:

20 flutter kicks

15 second plank

20 Heel touches

10 push-ups (knees)

20 Alternate arm/leg reach planks

10 "Killer Crunches" - straight leg/straight arm crunches 

I made steak bites and fresh fruits and veggies for Nerdster. There was sooooo much good food at @Chammy's!!

10157152_10152307144721387_8176088235394

Pork shoulder, steak bites, rice pilaf (I tried a bite, it was great!!) mashed sweet potatoes, ham, asparagus, roasted broccoli, jicama salad... just so much goodness. It was awesome to not have to ask what was in anything, lol. I also had my share of Chammyritas and red wine. @Catspaw and @Chammy are both excellent chefs!!

We watched Dr. Horrible and played Cards Against Humanity and things got silly...

10151164_10152307483346387_8928447635278

We conferenced in the Boston nerds during their Nerdster celebration, as well. It was seriously honestly the best day I have had in a really, really long time. Great company, great food, great activities - just perfect.

I spent some time last night catching up with my NF friends, so that was great too.

• Like 5

Level 7 DINOSAUR Scout
Current Challenge
Scouts Base Camp
Scouts Tavern

How great!

• Like 1

Week One:

Goals!

Move at least 3 hours:

Total for this week: 5 hours 50 minutes walking and hiking. (5 hours applicable)

Current Grade: A

One Sprint Session:

Done on Thursday, about 15 minutes actual sprinting time

Two 20-minute bodyweight sessions:

Full BBWW on Wednesday, short ab set on Sunday

Current Grade: B

No TV/Scrolling:

Doing well here! No TV at all and my internet has all been NF and Facebook (although I still think I should cut back some more, time-wise)

Goal for this week:

Build greater balance between exercise and diet. Keep both in the happy place! Hopefully the side challenge will help with this.

Will update stats tomorrow - I weigh-in on Tuesdays :)

1506430_10152310244301387_15648280582548

This week's motto:

1016915_10152310363816387_25916688180418

• Like 4

Level 7 DINOSAUR Scout
Current Challenge
Scouts Base Camp
Scouts Tavern

Okay, finally some wrap-ups! At least me absence was for good cause - I was with nerds!!

Day Six, 4/19/14:

I was up bright and early to hike the Austin Greenbelt with NERDS! There were 13 of us altogether I think from as far as San Francisco and Omaha - although most were Texans. :) About half were wearing ruck vests or packs, and the rest of us hiked (hiking was plenty strenuous for me!) We did nearly 9 miles altogether (Thanks to BigM getting us lost a few times.)

Posted Image

Posted Image

(You'll see I wore my Scout green!!)

Next we went and had tacos (no tortillas for me) and then I had to split from the group because I had plans with other friends. We saw Captain America and I had a great salad from Zpizza in Austin:

Posted Image

My legs were SORE Saturday night, but they feel better today (Monday) so I think it was all good, no serious issues.

Day Seven, 4/20/14:

I woke up early enough to prep my contributions for Nerdster. I needed to do another bodyweight routine but my legs were waaaaaaaaaaay to sore to consider doing the BBWW. I did an ab routine instead, but due to feeling pretty spent I cut it short and only did about 10 minutes worth. The routine:

20 flutter kicks

15 second plank

20 Heel touches

10 push-ups (knees)

20 Alternate arm/leg reach planks

10 "Killer Crunches" - straight leg/straight arm crunches

I made steak bites and fresh fruits and veggies for Nerdster. There was sooooo much good food at @Chammy's!!

Posted Image

Pork shoulder, steak bites, rice pilaf (I tried a bite, it was great!!) mashed sweet potatoes, ham, asparagus, roasted broccoli, jicama salad... just so much goodness. It was awesome to not have to ask what was in anything, lol. I also had my share of Chammyritas and red wine. @Catspaw and @Chammy are both excellent chefs!!

We watched Dr. Horrible and played Cards Against Humanity and things got silly...

Posted Image

We conferenced in the Boston nerds during their Nerdster celebration, as well. It was seriously honestly the best day I have had in a really, really long time. Great company, great food, great activities - just perfect.

I spent some time last night catching up with my NF friends, so that was great too.

Sounds like you had lots of fun

Catching them all from my iPad using tapatalk

STR – 24.45, DEX – 13.50, STA – 23.50, CON – 21.40, WIS – 27.65, CHA – 4.50
When the sun comes up, you better start running - Thomas Friedmen
Epic Quest - Current Challenge - Twitter - Goodreads - Fitbit - blog

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines