Lullaby88’s Path to Self-Love

lullaby88

My past two challenges have been about trying to lose weight with the end result of being happy and accepted. I have had zero success in losing weight or feeling sustained happiness even though I completed half of my goals (the eating and walking ones) per challenge. I worried and stressed myself to a point where I just give up half way through the challenge. So for this challenge, I’m changing the focus of my main quest. Also, this will be the last challenge I do as an Adventurer. I plan on finally advancing to the Assassins, which has been my goal since I first joined the rebellion. This challenge should help me focus on the fun activity I want to pursue.

Main Quest

To love myself for who I am and get healthy while doing it.

Goal 1: Cut out processed foods. +3 CON

Part of this is to steer my eating to more of a real food focused kind of diet, borderline Paleo. This is to eat more natural foods and to enjoy the food I eat. I love cooking but I tend to use the “I’m lazy†excuse quite often. Replace at least one processed food each day. This replacement may or may not stick for each day. It's more to exercise control over food choices by choosing something better over something processed or filled with sugar.

Goal 2: Be more active. +3 STA

Movement makes me happy and walking does make me feel better. What I’m truly striving for here is to remember that I feel better after walking, or moving in general, and that’s why I’m doing it. It’s not solely to lose weight. I’ll continue the walking at work but at home, I want to explore some of my interests in the fun exercise category. This will help me for when I join the Assassins.

Goal 3: Focus on the positive things. +2 WIS & +2 CHA

Spend five minutes each day to write down the positive thoughts or events each day. Like many others, I tend to say and focus on the negative things in my life. Sometimes, these are things I can’t change or have no influence on. Sometimes, these things aren't actually a negative. They should be positive ideas.

Side Quest: Try a new recipe each week. +2 CON

I did something similar to this in my last challenge but I did a new vegetable each week and then ran out of vegetables/ideas available to me. Then again, I didn't try to find a new vegetable the last week. Ideally, I want to try 2 breakfast, 2 dinner and 2 dessert recipes during these 6 weeks but this may not happen. The goal is 6 total new recipes. I may be leaning towards more dessert recipes than the others. ^_^

Here's to an excellent new challenge!

Tracker

Goal 1:          6/7 6/7 7/7 7/7 6/7 7/7 | 39/42

Goal 2:          4/5 4/5 4/5 5/5 5/5 5/5 | 27/30

Goal 3:          6/7 7/7 6/7 5/7 5/7 6/7 | 35/42

Side Quest:   1/1 1/1 1/1 1/1 0/1 1/1 | 5/6

• Like 2

Major Respawn in Progress

Current

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 4.1 5 6

"Each of you is perfect the way you are ... and you can use a little improvement." - Shunryu Suzuki 

Yay fooooood! Subbing!! And I love your main quest. I think weight loss will happen as a result as you get to a happier, stress free place. :) 

Is there anything particularly assassiny you're interested in doing in the future? Or do you just want to join because we're awesome and so are you? :D

Let's see. There's pole dancing, belly dancing, aerials, hooping. I already meet the requirement of wearing black. I've done pole and belly dancing where I used to live and both were a lot of fun. Aerials probably won't happen anytime soon. The closest studio is about 40 minutes away, on a good day with no traffic. I have an acquaintance, or two, that already hoop. One pretty much lives at my house so I could get lessons/advice if I asked. 

But also, the Assassins are just awesome. The lot of you seem to have the most fun and I already lurk over there. ^_^

Current

"Each of you is perfect the way you are ... and you can use a little improvement." - Shunryu Suzuki 

Goal 3: Focus on the positive things. +2 WIS & +2 CHA

Spend five minutes each day to write down the positive thoughts or events each day. Like many others, I tend to say and focus on the negative things in my life. Sometimes, these are things I can’t change or have no influence on. Sometimes, these things aren't actually a negative. They should be positive ideas.

My life goal this time around. Good stuff. I'm thinking of undertaking a big project. Good luck and have fun.

btw: What happens AFTER the cat is launched?  Random scrapes? Or is it like a grappling hook kitteh?

Sub'd!!!  :)

Ooooh, awesome goals! And YAY for going Assassin!!! :triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant:

And, lol, if there are recipes involved, I am there! :D

I will get your thread updated on the Brigade!

Have a great weekend lullaby!

• Like 1

Level 6 Pixie Assassin Rangerish Adventurer
Current Challenge: Guess What??
Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 12th 13th 14th  Battle Log
-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.
-Whatever doesn't kill me....Had better start running.

My life goal this time around. Good stuff. I'm thinking of undertaking a big project. Good luck and have fun.

btw: What happens AFTER the cat is launched?  Random scrapes? Or is it like a grappling hook kitteh?

I was wondering about the cat too. Though I think he's just sleeping for now. That's the safest position for a cat.

I'm in! :) (Also, but of course not solely, for the recipes! :D)

Welcome aboard! :)

I love your main quest, I think we should all try to love ourselves a bit more! Good luck with the challenge!

Thanks. I've realized that's what I need to do the most. :)

Current

It's Day 1!!! Happy Day 1!! ^_^ Being a bit of a nerd this morning/almost afternoon.

I spent an awesome weekend with the husband. It's been a while since I've actually said or thought that. It was nice. We planted some peppers and tomatoes in 5 gallon earth buckets and made plans to make our backyard into a mix of a garden and hummingbird sanctuary. We don't have much space but we're going to use what we have. We're also going to entice the roommates with helping out. Gardening/growing your own food is something both of them want so it'll be a good trial run to see how well they are at doing it. And to see if we'll be willing to take them with us when we move. Or at least have them over to help us once we get more land. 

I have 1 dessert recipe that I'm wanting to try but I need to go to the store to pick up some ingredients. I'm excited to try it. I'll say what it is once I make it. ^_^

It's going to be a good day today!

• Like 2

Current

Look forward to hearing how the recipe went! And I wish you an equally fantastic Tuesday!  :)

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.

I haven't tried the recipe yet. But I will once I go to the store on Friday or Saturday. I usually do my bi-weekly shopping on the weekend and since I have Friday off, I may as well do it then. :) I may also get up the courage to drive myself to the local co-op on Saturday. :nevreness: I have a tendency to talk myself out of it each Saturday.

I've been doing my workday walks and I keep it entertaining by walking on the curb that goes around my work's parking lot. So I'm getting in a little bit of balancing practice in. ;) As well as trying not to hit my head on the low hanging branches. ^_^

The positive note taking is a bit hard. Well, in the sense that my day to day life is pretty boring. I've also tuned out a lot of my thinking process to try not to be annoyed at the clutter or septic tank problems. But I knew this goal wouldn't be easy, which is why I decided on it. :)

Let's go Day 3!  :onthego:

• Like 1

Current

Good positive attitude lullaby! :encouragement: And I love the fun you have added by walking the curb.  :D Ant there you go, balance work in as well. (nodding approvingly)

You can do it! Boos that co-op! Seriously though I used to visit the ones in Oregon when we lived there, they were fun. But, I haven't been to the one here yet. Hmmm...need to go boss one myself, lol. :playful: They are a great place to find all kinds of things!  :)

Have a great day!

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Hi lullaby!  I love your challenge title.

Both of our challenges include getting to the end :)  We're gonna do it!

Is the cleaning business a good job?  Do you own that business?  Seems like business could fluctuate, but it would be kinda nice.

Yesterday I made the paleo tacos that was on Steve's blog recently.  Guest poster Noel wrote it.  I HIGHLY recommend it.

<--<< Daughter of Artemis >>-->

I enjoy the hoola hoop on my wii fit.  I think I might get one and try it at home. 

I made a paleo shepherds pie tonight.  Very tasty.  Link is here

keep walking those curbs and ducking those trees!! :topsy_turvy:

Suck it up today so you don't have to suck it in tomorrow!!

"I'm not a princess, I don't need saving. I'm a Queen, I got this shit handled!"

Level 4 Assassin

/not/smart/enough/to/keep/track/of/points

Challenge Thread

Back in San Diego, there was a farmer's market 1 block from one of my old apartments. That was damn convenient. Also, that was the first and only place I ever brought lettuce that still had the roots attached. It was amazing. :)

The balancing/walking bit is a fun habit. I used to do it when I was younger, which is why I'm doing it now. Feels a little bit like freedom from the same old day to day nonsense.

After today, I get a 4 day weekend. It's going to be spent working on the garden and probably hooping and/or attempt belly dancing. ^_^ Those two are very similar styles of dance. 

• Like 1

Current

After today, I get a 4 day weekend. It's going to be spent working on the garden and probably hooping and/or attempt belly dancing. ^_^ Those two are very similar styles of dance. 

Haven't tried the hooping yet, but looks like WORLD'S of fun and YAY for Belly Dancing! :D

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

So I was a busy girl yesterday. Made 3 different things. This includes my first new dessert recipe. Dark chocolate pudding. The recipe can be found here. The secret/main ingredient is avocado. It passed the husband taste test. He ate two jars of it. There is an aftertaste of avocado, which only grows the longer you keep it. It's one of those things you'll have to eat quickly. It was good. I may or may not make it again. I'm sure I can find a different recipe that may come out better but this one was just unique and I stumbled across it.

• Like 1

Current

Week 1 Update:

Goal 1:          6/7 1/7 0/7 0/7 0/7 0/7 | 7/42

Goal 2:          4/5 1/5 0/5 0/5 0/5 0/5 | 5/30

Goal 3:          6/7 0/7 0/7 0/7 0/7 0/7 | 6/42

Side Quest:   1/1 1/1 0/1 0/1 0/1 0/1 | 2/6

I feel like I did pretty well for this first week. I made my first new recipe of chocolate avocado pudding. I enjoyed it. My husband enjoyed it. So I feel like that's a win. :) I missed a walk but I also only had 4 days of work last week and there's only 4 days of work this week. Hopefully the weather this weekend will be sunnier and I will make up for the missing work day this week.

I missed a positive writing day. :/ It honestly slipped my mind to do it so what can I say? It's just one day and I'm up to date now. I'm not too bothered by it.

I need to come up with a better process of replacing processed foods. I've just been eating my homemade granola instead of eating any of the snack food that my roommates offer me. I did eat granola instead of a bagel this morning. I liked that. Going to try and keep it up for the rest of the week. Though, I think I'm going to have to make more this weekend. ^_^ My husband and I have been snacking on it all weekend. :)

Let's hope that Week 2 is even better then Week 1!! :)

• Like 2

Current

Awesome job on week 1 lullaby!  :)

I love that site you linked for the pudding! I have tried several of the recipes on there and LOVE their cilantro lime rice! I also have many more of theirs pinned on Pinterest. :playful:

But, haven't tried the pudding, though I have really wanted to! Glad to know it was good, I will have to try it now! :D

• Like 1

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines