Lullaby88’s Path to Self-Love

lullaby88

Congrats on a successful week! :triumphant:

And an extra yay for hooping!

:triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant:

That recipe sounds yummy! Did you use the dark / roasted sesame oil? Or the light, milder version? I have neither at the moment, but I do have some Tahini left and am tempted to try that for a bit of flavor after browning the meat... *scratches head*

Hobbit 

Challenges: 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9| 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

My shiny new "battle" log - probably more of a plodding-along log, but hey, it's mine!

I used the lighter version. Though since it is such a small amount, I'm sure it could be skipped and it will still taste good. Maybe use less Tahini? Or use the liquid that rises to the top, prior to stirring it up. 

Major Respawn in Progress

Current

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 4.1 5 6

"Each of you is perfect the way you are ... and you can use a little improvement." - Shunryu Suzuki 

It is a lot of fun. :)

I practiced hooping for like 30 minutes so far today. Mostly hand hooping. I'm getting that down. Isolations seem difficult but I think I need to get used to holding up the weight of the hoop. And holding it in basically the same position. Waist hooping is hard. I'm not sure how that process works. ^_^ This hoop might be too small for body hooping but good for off body tricks. I'll give it some more time before I decide.

My roommate did say he had extra supplies that I could have. Soo depending on how well I get with hooping this week, I'll decide on create my own hoop. I'm also thinking of making the current hoop into twin hoops for down the line. Though they would need to be re-taped.

All in all, it has been a good Tuesday. Now it's time to figure out what's for dinner. ^_^

Sent from a magical handheld box

• Like 1

Current

"Each of you is perfect the way you are ... and you can use a little improvement." - Shunryu Suzuki 

So I decided for my next challenge that I'm going to have hoop practice as an everyday goal. Mostly for waist hooping. I need to get that going. I know I need more practice with it. Since I can't keep it going but I'm not going to give up! :)

Last night, I was hand hooping and dragged the girl who's good at hooping from the produce stand to hoop with me. She actually goes to clubs and other music events and hoops. I've watched her a few times. It was a fun 15-20 minutes before the bugs started biting. ^_^

I'm pretty confident with hand hooping and I'm getting used to overhead lasso. I even elbow hooped for a bit. Though I need to figure out how to get back to hand hooping. I couldn't get the hoop to travel back down my arm. ^_^ But still it was an adventure and a lot of fun.

Also, if teddie.bare and Apfel do a minis/twins hoop challenge for the next challenge, I think I'm going to join. ^_^ If I'm allowed, of course. I'm still a newbie but I know I want to learn minis. I could also bring those to work and practice during break and lunch at work. Easy to travel with.

Hope everyone's weekend is enjoyable! It's almost the end of Week 4!

Sent from a magical handheld box

• Like 1

Current

I stumbled across something amazing this morning and just had to share it. http://onemillionlovelyletters.com/ She writes letters to tell people that they are amazing and wonderful. Because "everyone deserves to know that they are thought of and they are loved. Even if it is by a complete stranger."

"I know in our worst moments, sometimes it only takes one person to make you feel like you belong – to remind you how incredible you are and I hope that’s what I and my one million lovely letters can do." - Jodi

This seems to fit really well with my current main quest and goal # 3. I wanted to share this before I started to write my Week 4 update. ^_^ Please take a look and share if you would like.

• Like 1

Current

Week 4 Update!

Goal 1:          6/7 6/7 7/7 7/7 2/7 0/7 | 28/42

Goal 2:          4/5 4/5 4/5 5/5 2/5 0/5 | 19/30

Goal 3:          6/7 7/7 6/7 5/7 1/7 0/7 | 25/42

Side Quest:   1/1 1/1 1/1 1/1 0/1 0/1 | 4/6

This stuff is getting easy. ;) Though I did miss out on two days of positive thoughts. And honestly, I'm not sure why. I just forgot. But I did do well on the rest of my goals, so that is a plus. And I also tried hooping for the first time this week. It is addicting. And a lot of fun. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to have fun. I haven't been able to waist hoop much. I try but the hoop keeps falling off my body. I've mostly just been playing with hand hooping with a few minutes of waist hooping attempts. ^_^ Last night I tried doing something called a flower (I think) and ended hitting myself in the face with the hoop. hehe....so I put that move on hold for now. I'll be keeping this hooping thing up for a while now and it will be in my next challenge.

For this week's recipe, I tried something that I've always wanted to try since I love them to death and it's been so long since I've had them. Tamales! Now, the best part of this recipe is that it is Paleo. The recipe can be found here. I'll say this, they didn't taste like the tamales I've had in the past but they are definitely good and worth sharing. I also made these with shredded smoked pork because I got it free from a BBQ stand that a roommate works at. They are a lot of work. But then again, so are regular tamales. I think next time, I'll need to have a bit more patience while prepared everything. I feel as though I didn't mix the 'masa' ingredients well enough because my end product was slightly chunky, I guess is the right word to use. All of them still got devoured soo that's what matters. I will be making these again. That's for damn sure! ;)

Here's to kicking Week 5's ass!  :victorious:

• Like 3

Current

Hey lady,

I realize it's week 5 almost 6 already but I wanted to drop in and say haaaaai.

Your  main goal is definitely a good one. You can lose all the weight in the world but if you don't love yourself first you still won't be happy.

Glad to see your kicking ass and taking names. I'll try not to be a stranger :) 

Current Challenge: Wufkar Stops Making Excuses

------------------------------------------------------

Hey lullaby! Sorry for being so MIA, but hopefully I will be getting back to....normal???? :nevreness:

How's ya doin??

Ooooh, tamales. Also a love of mine but I have never tried making them. Used to know a hispanic lady that made the most awesome ones I have ever had!

Time to ROCK this last week!  :triumphant:

• Like 1

Level 6 Pixie Assassin Rangerish Adventurer
Current Challenge: Guess What??
Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 12th 13th 14th  Battle Log
-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.
-Whatever doesn't kill me....Had better start running.

Week 5

Goal 1:          6/7 6/7 7/7 7/7 6/7 0/7 | 32/42

Goal 2:          4/5 4/5 4/5 5/5 5/5 0/5 | 22/30

Goal 3:          6/7 7/7 6/7 5/7 5/7 0/7 | 29/42

Side Quest:   1/1 1/1 1/1 1/1 0/1 0/1 | 4/6

Sorry for the delay. It's been a long week. Going on two weeks now. Dealing with ignorant co-workers and a new boss puts a drain on life. I missed out on my new recipe of the week. Was low on money last week so I didn't go shopping, just used what I already had and some fruit and veggies. Kind of hard to do a new recipe that way. Oh well.

Missed the positive thoughts goal. It's hard for me to remember when I'm worried or stressed about other things. I will be trying better this week. So far, so good. :)

Just a small update today. :/ Recovering from being worried all day yesterday about going to the dentist. Well, kind of since last Wednesday when I made the appointment. I've had pain for the past 6 months while I ate. Turns out, there's nothing visibly wrong with those teeth. It's as though the work I had then needed 6 months to decide not to cause me pain. I don't know. But it seems I worried over nothing. 

Last week of the challenge! Let's do this! :)

• Like 2

Current

Your doing well despite the bumps lullaby!  :)

Glad there was nothing wrong with the teeth. Wow though, 6 months? :wacko: Is the pain better now?

Have a fabulous Memorial day weekend!

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.

Yup. 6 months. It wasn't bad, more of a discomfort. So I just adapted to eat on the left side of my mouth for most of my chewing. And now there's no pain/discomfort while chewing. It just decided to go away.

Thanks! You as well!

• Like 1

Current

Hope this last week went well for you! Glad to hear there was nothing wrong with your teeth.

Keep kicking ass Lullaby :D

[ Battle Log: - THE LEGEND OF WILL - ]

Spoiler

"I can change the future!"

- Shulk from Xenoblade Chronicles

"I still don't know what I should do. What [he's] doing isn't for his own gain. He walks the path he believes in, one step at a time. Wishing only for the happiness of those around him. I, on the other hand... I thought I didn't have a path that I could take laid out before me. But like he said, that's just running away. I must find my own path."

- Fei from Xenogears

"A life of adventure awaits those with the courage to step beyond their comfort zones."

- Hylian Dan from The Philosophy of The Wind Waker

Looking forward to your challenge wrap up lullaby!  :)

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Challenge Wrap-up

Goal 1:          6/7 6/7 7/7 7/7 6/7 7/7 | 39/42 = A

Goal 2:          4/5 4/5 4/5 5/5 5/5 5/5 | 27/30 = A

Goal 3:          6/7 7/7 6/7 5/7 5/7 6/7 | 35/42 = B

Side Quest:   1/1 1/1 1/1 1/1 0/1 1/1 | 5/6 = B

This was an interesting goal. I need to work on it. "Cutting out a processed food each day" was a bit vague. I also did not step up a very good tracking system. Though I did change what I've been eating for breakfast these past 6 weeks. So I'm definitely counting this as successful. I started off with making my own granola and then lately, I've been eating hard boiled eggs. Mostly because dear husband has requested them for breakfast. I'm hoping to come up with a better food goal for this next challenge. Goal 1: A (+3 CON)

I did this successfully. I walked every day at work. The only days I didn't walk were when I wasn't at work. ^_^ I also started hooping for fun. The hooping bug is contagious. It seems to have spread like wild fire. I need more work on hooping and getting more comfortable with hooping while others can see. Hooping will be a main goal for me next challenge. I'll probably add belly dancing to it as well. At least once a week. I feel as though that will help my waist hooping.  Goal 2: A (+3 STA)

I will admit. This was a little hard to remember. But I did enjoy writing the positive things done. It made my day feel lighter. I think I'm going to buy a little notebook and continue this goal for a while. Or maybe tweak it slightly. Probably will tweak it slightly. It's a good goal/habit to keep up.  Goal 3: B (+1.5 WIS & +1.5 CHA)

Ahh...Lovely food quest. I did not meet my ideal of 2 desserts, 2 dinners, and 2 breakfasts. I focused mostly on dinners, since that is when I have the most time to cook. I got 1 dessert (chocolate pudding), 1 breakfast (Apple Spice Coffee Cake), and 3 dinners (Paleo Korean Beef, Paleo Tamales, and Chicken Noodle soup [no recipe link]). I'm happy with my recipes. No photos though, because I have yet learned the art of plating. I just place yummy food on plate and eat. ^_^  Side Quest 4: B (+1.5 CON)

I feel as though I knocked my 3rd challenge out of the park. Which means I'll have to step it up next challenge. Going to make myself a hoop this week/weekend and look at finding a good set of twins to practice with. Also, will find myself a good belly dance lesson to practice and have fun with during the next challenge. And I'll do better with adding photos of the food I've cooked. All in good fun.

• Like 2

Current

CONGRATS LULLABY!!!!! :D

yay.gif

• Like 1

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines