The Pushup Quidditch Cup (Live Game Thread)

What time on Friday do we need to have our scores in by? And it is figured by EST zone right? Just trying to make sure I get Friday's in by the deadline, since I am on the west coast.

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

The HP story is pretty much the definition of steriotype and formula.  There is one character in the entire series and over 7 years only one of the children shows any actual development.  If you've read anything else in the genre, you already know what's going to happen at any given time.

That said, it's an incredibly easy read (especially for being 7 books) and a good introduction to the genre.  Plus my youngest brother learned to read so he could keep up with the story, so I can't knock it too hard.  Personally, I don't regret having read it, but have no interest in doing it again.

So yeah, mostly here for the push-ups, but I do find the theme amusing.

Anim07734; God of Death in Training

Tiefling Assassin and Artificer

Maxim 70: Failure is not an option. It is mandatory. The option is whether or not to let failure be the last thing you do.

Quaffle quaffle quaffle... 23 points!

(Standard: 5 3 3 2 | Knees: 10 6 4)

Slytherin-crest-concept-art-pottermore-2

You could increase the difficulty of the matches over the 6 weeks by increasing the cap.  I might be shooting myself in the foot by suggesting this though...

Level 11 Morgana Scout

STR 14|DEX 11|STA 31|CON 11|WIS 23|CHA 19

Current challenge:  Talvi makes tactical decisions | Epic quests: 2015, 2016 | Running instalog: new_tracks_to_follow | Previous challenges: -2 -1 etc...

I'm not bashing the game, I think it's great so far but...

I definitely think that a handicap system is in order for future games. To enforce it you could just require that the 1 minute AMRAP be posted in order to sign up. 

I also would like if it was somehow* much harder for the seekers to catch the golden snitch. Right now the winning snitch will end up basically doubling their teams score (or much more than that :/ ). They should have to do more than just beat the other seeker's score to earn that much weight in the final score. 

*somehow = I have yet to think of a rule or system of rules to make this happen without being overly complicated. I'll put some more thought into it in case you guys agree with me

• Like 1

To find piece with myself
I must first find a piece of myself

Competition's hotting up already. I've created a spreadsheet to track everyone's scores. It's read-only, so keep posting your scores here in the forums.

NF Pushup Quidditch Spreadsheet

I've also updated the game schedule to fix up the mistake that @Mad Hatter found yesterday:

Game 1 Gryffindor vs Hufflepuff Ravenclaw vs Slytherin Game 2 Gryffindor vs Ravenclaw Slytherin vs Hufflepuff Game 3 Gryffindor vs Slytherin Ravenclaw vs Hufflepuff Game 4 Gryffindor vs Hufflepuff Ravenclaw vs Slytherin Game 5 Gryffindor vs Ravenclaw Slytherin vs Hufflepuff Game 6 1st place vs 2nd place 3rd place vs 4th place

Also @Endor, you've maxed out for the week, and you need to assign your points to a target

Regarding the question of handicaps. What do you all think of using everyone's scores for this week to calculate them? Any suggestions on a fair way to calculate are welcome.

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander (ret.)

I just realized I may be the only non Harry Potter fan in here, I just came for the extra modivation to due pushups.

4/15: 10 standard + 10 knee = 15 pts

Running week total: 40

Sssshhhhh: Don't tell anYone, but I'm not an hp fan, either!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

In His hands and Under His wings, Phil 4:13; Is 40:31; Jer 29:11
 Adventurer by choice

Competition's hotting up already. I've created a spreadsheet to track everyone's scores. It's read-only, so keep posting your scores here in the forums.

NF Pushup Quidditch Spreadsheet

I've also updated the game schedule to fix up the mistake that @Mad Hatter found yesterday:

Game 1 Gryffindor vs Hufflepuff Ravenclaw vs Slytherin Game 2 Gryffindor vs Ravenclaw Slytherin vs Hufflepuff Game 3 Gryffindor vs Slytherin Ravenclaw vs Hufflepuff Game 4 Gryffindor vs Hufflepuff Ravenclaw vs Slytherin Game 5 Gryffindor vs Ravenclaw Slytherin vs Hufflepuff Game 6 1st place vs 2nd place 3rd place vs 4th place

Also @Endor, you've maxed out for the week, and you need to assign your points to a target

Regarding the question of handicaps. What do you all think of using everyone's scores for this week to calculate them? Any suggestions on a fair way to calculate are welcome.

I already assigned them to ORazer @barefootdawsy keep up mate :)

Gryffindor next week, can't wait to dominate @MadHatter ...oh wait that sounds a bit wrong :lol:

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Dawsy I noticed hufflepuff have an extra chaser, I suggest their best chaser's points are deducted from @Yuen since he didn't declare he was an omnipotent pushup being from the planet Pecs before he signed up. 

• Like 3

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Dawsy I noticed hufflepuff have an extra chaser, I suggest their best chaser's points are deducted from @Yuen since he didn't declare he was an omnipotent pushup being from the planet Pecs before he signed up.

I knew he wasn't human!!!!

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

In His hands and Under His wings, Phil 4:13; Is 40:31; Jer 29:11
 Adventurer by choice

Socked down with the flu, but I did 90 wall pushups for 30 points. 

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

A handicap I've seen in other challenges is to just base points off each persons' most difficult variant.  For example, I'm currently at clapping/typewriter pushups (alternate each workout), so for me those would count as 1 point.  If I decided to knock out a bunch of standard pushups to up my score, they'd only count as a half point (1pt base, divided by 2pt base for clapping).  Someone who can only do knee pushups would count those as 1 point.

Also, my current score (using the existing system) is 5x 10 typewriter pushups yesterday and 10-10-6-8 clapping pushups today, for a total score of 168pts, targeting Yuen.

Anim07734; God of Death in Training

Tiefling Assassin and Artificer

Maxim 70: Failure is not an option. It is mandatory. The option is whether or not to let failure be the last thing you do.

And I hope I speak for all the seekers when I say... OWWwWw my arms/shoulders/chest.... Posted using only my thumbs.

I'm not as bad off as I thought I'd be so that either means that I was actually partially prepared for the extra volume or that I will get the second day death DOMS

To find piece with myself
I must first find a piece of myself

I'm not bashing the game, I think it's great so far but...

I definitely think that a handicap system is in order for future games. To enforce it you could just require that the 1 minute AMRAP be posted in order to sign up. 

I also would like if it was somehow* much harder for the seekers to catch the golden snitch. Right now the winning snitch will end up basically doubling their teams score (or much more than that :/ ). They should have to do more than just beat the other seeker's score to earn that much weight in the final score. 

*somehow = I have yet to think of a rule or system of rules to make this happen without being overly complicated. I'll put some more thought into it in case you guys agree with me

Agreed. But now sure what an uncomplicated answer is

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Monday's total was 93. Still working on them today

Updated. Thanks :)

A handicap I've seen in other challenges is to just base points off each persons' most difficult variant.  For example, I'm currently at clapping/typewriter pushups (alternate each workout), so for me those would count as 1 point.  If I decided to knock out a bunch of standard pushups to up my score, they'd only count as a half point (1pt base, divided by 2pt base for clapping).  Someone who can only do knee pushups would count those as 1 point.

Also, my current score (using the existing system) is 5x 10 typewriter pushups yesterday and 10-10-6-8 clapping pushups today, for a total score of 168pts, targeting Yuen.

I like that idea..quite straight-forward, and easy to implement. Thanks!

I think I should have 430. 230 yesterday and 200 today, if I am not mistaken. And I hope I speak for all the seekers when I say... OWWwWw my arms/shoulders/chest.... Posted using only my thumbs.

Oh, didn't I tell you? There's another 30 point penalty for being on Slytherin (jk, all updated ;) )

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander (ret.)