Continuing Adventures of Glaucos and the T-Rex Muscle Club

Glaucos

hehehe.... your ending reminded me of this:

rawr_means_i_love_you-1743.jpg

Good luck with your goals!!

Bahaha awesome!

Also I think I changed my mind about not having a life challenge. I've decided I'm going to practice juggling for 5-10 minutes every day (and yes, you read that correctly). I was pretty good at it in high school, but I haven't actually tried it in a while. I've found it's a really great ice breaker though, and also it's fun/ relaxing/ probably good for my neurons or something.

• Like 1

Heh, you follow the philosophy of more practice for the exercises you don't like? Nice.

I like to push myself to do things I'm not good at. I'd rather feel/look like an incompetent oaf for now than actually be one for the rest of my life. :D

I like to push myself to do things I'm not good at. I'd rather feel/look like an incompetent oaf for now than actually be one for the rest of my life. :D

I've had issues with running before, too. I have good shoes now, and I know better than to try to do too much at once (hence only two days a week) so I'm hoping it will be better this time around.

Excellent policy.  Only way to grow.

Hope the running works out this time.

Behave yourself, badly if necessary.

Current Challenge

Judo - Shodan

My Character

I've had issues with running before, too. I have good shoes now, and I know better than to try to do too much at once (hence only two days a week) so I'm hoping it will be better this time around.

When I started running I took the goal of going out only twice a week, too.  And then slowly built up my distance.  I did C2 5k for a bit a long time back, and wasn't the largest fan - but that's because it hides the fact that sometime on that program you have to repeat a week/session.  Which for me was disheartening.  Much better off to push yourself to your current limit, I feel, than try to hit markers made by others.

Anyway, welcome!

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix is an Avatar

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

Hey, new to the Monks guild. Will be following you to keep up to date! I like the look of your push ups and stretching! I need to become more stretchy so my kicks "kick-ass" 

immyjames the level 2 Human 
Assassin at heart, training with the Monk 
STR 2|DEX 1|CON 2|STA 2|WIS 2|CHA 1
Current challenge

Battlelog: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/38914-jimmyjames-battle-log/#entry764580

When I started running I took the goal of going out only twice a week, too.  And then slowly built up my distance.  I did C2 5k for a bit a long time back, and wasn't the largest fan - but that's because it hides the fact that sometime on that program you have to repeat a week/session.  Which for me was disheartening.  Much better off to push yourself to your current limit, I feel, than try to hit markers made by others.

Anyway, welcome!

• Like 1

SuperVillain noticed that you have the same structure as him for this challenge, or Woody Allen for life, 80% is just showing up. If you have confidence in your program and what you are doing, this is the way to go. The body can be fickle, and results can be sporadic, but actually working the program is almost always the right answer.

• Like 1

MMA Sessions Completed for this Challenge

65%
65%

Lifting Sessions Complete For this Challenge

64%
64%

Level 2 Yeti Monk Str: 3 Dex:2 Sta:4 Con:3 Wis:2 Cha:2 

SuperVillain's full origin story: http://goo.gl/23F7WK

GRAAR, update time!

I actually did 3 runs this week, and I can already feel an improvement. Also I'm not horribly sore like I was on the first two runs, despite actually running a little longer.

On the second run I once again went a little further than the previous time, and it worked out to about 3 minutes. Then I walked for a little bit and ran FASTER the rest of the way home. This morning I ran about half a mile. I had to stop twice, but it was a very short time. I didn't keep the time or anything; I just did it by feel.

This sounds cheesy, but already I can feel the point where before I would have quit running and told myself I couldn't run any more. Now I get myself to go just a little further. I'm still trying to train my body (and my brain, really) that just because I'm breathing a little heavily and my muscles are a little tired does NOT mean I'm dying.

I've got 2 days of push ups down so far. I can tell it's much easier to get to 20 than it was a few weeks ago, and I've been doing about 3 sets of 15-20. On Monday I even did a set of 24, which is my new best! Gonna do day 3 later today.

Also later today will be more martial arts practice, although I'm not sure if I'll do the whole 45 minutes I have

Bonuses (Bonii?):

1. Yesterday I made spaghetti squash for the first time ever and it was pretty great. I've always been skeptical, but no more. Spaghetti squash, I'm sorry I judged you before getting to know you.

2. Also yesterday as I was falling asleep I caught myself thinking "Oh hey, tomorrow's Friday! I get to do push ups!" I have officially become "that guy."

the-t-rex-is-unstoppable_o_1061773.jpg

• Like 1

Stress and stuff can hit that way.  Some of the people around here have managed to replace stress-eating with more workouts but I couldn't tell you how.  Just keep moving forward and don't let a bad few days convince you to stop.

+1

Don't let a few days bring you down. You're in this for the long haul, so calm on down and leave this where it lies. Every day is a new day; you don't have to repeat the way things were before.

• Like 1

Stress and stuff can hit that way.  Some of the people around here have managed to replace stress-eating with more workouts but I couldn't tell you how.  Just keep moving forward and don't let a bad few days convince you to stop.

+1

Don't let a few days bring you down. You're in this for the long haul, so calm on down and leave this where it lies. Every day is a new day; you don't have to repeat the way things were before.

• Like 1

Stress does suck.

Do you find that you're using it as an excuse to stress-eat? Honest question because I've noticed that in myself before, and knowledge is power.

Do you have a plan to calm yourself instead of eating? Having a pre-made plan or kit may make it easier to get through.

I'm glad you're back on track!

|| pattycake118 establishes routine || fitbit || MFP ||

|| Level 3|| STR 3 || DEX 1 || STA 2 || CON 6 || WIS 3 || CHA 2 ||

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines