Edigo's adventure chapter 2 : Running in the moment

Edigo

Thanks guys, i feel my longs are getting better. A few more days and i should be back to normal.

And yes being a "real" runner is awsome!

W3d5 (2/5)

1) no running the weather was bad and no walking euther. Ill try to do it in the week end MISSED

2) blogilates CHECK

3) sleep MISSED

4) mindfull CHECK

• Like 2

Level 7 Yogini green witch

STR 3 - DEX 3 - STA 10 - CON 12 - WIS 13 - CHA 6

Previous challenges : 1 || 2 || 3 || 4 || 5 || 6|| 7 || || 9 || 10 || 11

Current challenge : august 2020

Mantra : I am calm, I am love

LOL - doing well there.  And I'm really enjoying the RPG Fantatics story with you.  Good luck getting in the extra protein this week!

• Like 1

Some kind of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47

Extra protein? Gotta go check the mini then lol

W3d6 (3/5)

1) run: rest day CHECK

2) blogilates MISSED

3) sleep MISSED

4) mindfull CHECK

W3d7 (4/5)

1) run : rest day CHECK

2) bligilates : rest day CHECK

3) sleep MISSED

4) mindfull CHECK

The weeks update will follow later today.

Week 3 summary

1) running: 2/3 CHECK (it rained most of the time i could run)

2) blogilates : 6/7 CHECK

3) sleep: epic failure, went to bed at 11 almost everyday. LOst my progress so back to square one... Well at least i was consistent with it lol MISSED

4) mindfull : 5/7 CHECK

So, pretty good week. Bad rainy weather and lack of sleep made it a bit harder. For week for, i am supposed to go to bed at 9:30 pm. So i will aim 9:30-9:46 and see how that goes.

- Rpg mini: CHECK

- adventurers mini: didn't do it. It was meditation. Iwant to get back into thatbut i felt ihad enoug on my plate

- Side quests: prepared spring clothes; cleaned the top of my drawer

I have a hard time going to sleep at a decent hour as well...it almost feels like a waste of time...until you wake up the next morning!

Where abouts are you, getting all this rain? Wish we'd get some here in Texas! Everyone's getting ready for a scorching summer and drought. Ugh.

I checked out blogilates...so cool!

Level 1 Maenad Adventurer

STR: 1 --- DEX: 1 --- STA: 2 --- CON: 1 --- WIS: 3 --- CHA: 2

MyFitnessPal

Instagram

I'm in Canada, Quebec, and winter and spring are very cloudy. We keep getting rain all the time and its still quite cold fir may (about 6C). Cant wait for sun. At least the grass is gettig greener now

Yeah sleep is hard. I mever seem to want to get to bed even when my body tells me to. And ten in the morning i dont want to wake up because i love to sleep and am comfortable. I would need to switch those 2 lol

W4d1 (5/5)

1) ran my first 25 min. I was listening to some music and endend up going faster than usual so i had to catch my breath with 2 small breaks. Also walked during lunch. It was raining in the morning. CHECK

2) blogilates MISSED

3) sleep : to bed at 10h30. Slowly getting back in track. MISSED

4) mindfull: spent some time with my kid but wasnt as mindfull as i could have been and almost didnt see my bf MISSED

Not a really good day goal wise, but im so happy about the run that i dont feel bad about it.

• Like 1

W4d2 (6/5)

1) walked 15 min CHECK

2) blogilates MISSED

3) slept only 6 hours MISSED

4) mindfull sith bf CHECK

i am starting to feel the lack of sleep, getting back o track is HARD! But i can do t i ca do it i can do it go go go lol

W4d3 (7/5)

1) no running, we spent quality family time. But the weauther was beautifull and i was looking forward to it. Hopefully i'll manage to put a run this weekend to compensate. walked 15 min. MISSED

2) blogilates CHECK

3) sleep MISSED

4) mindfull CHECK

w4d4 (8/5)

1) no running, rest day, walked 15 min CHECK

2) blogilates CHECK

3) sleep, to bet at 10 for 7h MISSED

4) mindfull, spend quality time with BF, some with kiddo but not as much as i wanted CHECK

• Like 1

Must be spring ... I can't seem to get much more than 7 hours of sleep each night either. 

Some kind of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47

Could be spring, but for me its a matter of going to bed too late

W4d5 (9/5)

1) felt like running all day, then when i got he i was so exhausted i didnt go .... Walked 30 min though MISSED

2) blogilates CHECK

3) sleep MISSED

4) mindfull CHECK

It's a constant battle. Keep it going. :)   For me, routine exercise kind of keeps me into routine sleep. I tend to sleep better if I worked out earlier in the day.  Is there a reason you're up late? Are you just watching tv and then BAM it's like 2 hours later going to bed?  Would just getting up earlier overall make it easier to go to bed earlier?

How much is your sleep deficit?  And how do you feel?  You might not need as much as you think you do.

Some kind of Jedi .....

Oh i feel sleep deficit.

I seem to fonction ok on 7h of sleep, but 8 is optimal fr previous expreiencpart of this sleep challenge is to find my optimal health sleep lenght... And my doable sleep lenght

My wake up tum is 5-5h15 and i cant be earlier thant that. It gets me enough time to do most of my things then.

After that, my son goes to bed alittle to late and his routine tajes a little too lug, so often i get out of his room at 9h30 pm... Wich is the time i should go to bed myself, to get 7.5hr of zzzz ... But by then i want some alone/couple time so i end up getting to bed too late.

Sooo:

- improve my sons bed routine by bringing him to bed at 7-7.5 max

- getting him to fall asleep by himself and not need me anymore

- getting to bed earlier myself and read in bed a few minutes, wich i love to do abd miss a lot

Those would be sub goals for my sleep goal.

My sons bedtime is something i know i have to do since a ling time but didnt have energy or courage to tackle

I guess now is the time !

• Like 2

Excellent!!!  You've identified the crucial point.  Getting kids to bed is a challenge until they move out of the house. 

Some kind of Jedi .....

Excellent!!!  You've identified the crucial point.  Getting kids to bed is a challenge until they move out of the house.

I started already for the routine. I now hug him a little than sit next to him in the bed. Saturday i missed i was so sleepy i fell asleep the second i hugged him lol. Tonight i will bring a chair to sit next to him. He needs transitions, so i will be flexible and get back in the bed sittin if he asks for a minute and then get back on the chair.

W4d6 (10/5)

1) no running, rest day. Played outside inthe park a lot with kiddo, it was his cousins' birth day CHECK

2) blogilates CHECK

3) sleep MISSED

4) mindfull: played with kiddo at the oark a lot and spent some timewith my bf's family Nd him as well CHECK

W4d7 (11/5)

1) no running, rest day CHECK

2) blogilates, rest day CHECK

3) sleep, not enough but i took a 1h nap in the afternoon. MISSED

4) mindfull : played a lot with kiddo again, spent the whole day outside for his birthday, was standing most of the time. And good quality time with bf in the evening CHECK

So this weekend was fun an hectic.... Saturday was my niece's birthday party, sunday was my son's and it was also mothers day. A lot going on at the same time. The party was fun on saturday, but there was a hockey game, and i wa sso tired, i ended looking after my kid from the afternoon to late night while my bf catched up with his family and hockey. No breaks whatsoever. It was a little exhausting. Sunday it went really well, i was home wich was already a plus, and we rented a inflatable game for the backyard, with a slide and climbing wall, the kids loved it. My son had 2 friends over from daycare, and the family arrived later in the day. We were outside the entire day. Some friends came over to take a beer as well. Andat dinner we ate lobsters for mothers day with my bf imediate family.

My son got a lot of great gifts: soccer ball, kyte, nerf guns, water guns, so we are equipped to play outside a lotthis summer!

And the weather was awsome, warm, sunny, windy, very comfortable. It really look like spring for the firt time this season.

• Like 1

Week 4 update

1) running: 1/3 MISSED

2) blogilates: 5/6 CHECK

3) sleep MISSED

4) mindfull CHECK

i probably could have run at least another time, but didn't because of excuses. I realized yesterday i need to update my running schedule, M-W-F is too stressful on my household, so iwill change it to Th-F-Su. I will try this week for the first time and see how it goes.

I slacked blogilates in the beginning of the week but got right back on track. Only 1 video a day wich turns out to be about 10-15 min.

Sleep lacked a lot, but i think i figured what i need to do, with my son's bedtime routine atfirst, and mineas well. I will continue to work on that.

Was mindfull everyday, leaving my cell away from me mostof the time and giving attention when playing orspending time with my kid and bf

I dont know how i feel about theweek overall. Just bleh. Lack of sleep last week really affected this weeks score. I like that i maintainedmy goals butdont feel proud or guilty, just nothingness i guess. Next week will be better.

W5d1 (12/5)

1) no running, ran out of time, and decided to change my run days. Iran a little at work during my walks, i walked 40-45 min. I will give myself a check for the walking CHECK

2) blogilates CHECK

3) sleep : to bed at 10:30, for 6.7hrs of sleep. Felt alright this morning, but not quite refreshed. Spent time with bf relaxing and reading. I put my son to bed and sat on a chair next to him after our routine until he fell asleep. Next time i will put the chair further away, about 1-2 feet. I will check today because i am making progress on my pitfalls CHECK

4) mindull: spent good time with my son after work and during our night routine, we had a little crisis going on and at first i didnt handle it well but then i breathed and changed strategies and we had a better time after. Spend some time with bf it felt good to hang out, it had been a while it seems. CHECK

W5d2 (13/5)

1) no running, no walking, bad weather and super rush at work MISSED

2) blogilates CHECK

3) sleep MISSED

4) mindfull, After dinner we played outside throwing a small football, and my son did some bike. I had my yoga class, and once i got back i spent a good time relaxing with my bf, with some wine and a bubble bath, it was great, we hadnt done that in a long time CHECK

I sort of know what i will do next challenge, looking forward to it and dreading it at the same time. I will work on my triforce (inspired by teros, and zelda) wich is food, exercise and sleep. Life quest will be yoga/spirituality, side quests will invole cleaning the house and learning to speak lao and soapmaking. Exercise is in a good shape, so next up is sleep and/or a whole 30. The whole 30 scares me.

• Like 1

Agreed, whole 30 is scary to me to!

Next challenge I am just going to start increasing the amount of clean food I eat.  Baby steps.  (Sounds less scary than decreasing the junk!)

M x

Xanjra - Level 3 - Human

STR - 1 / DEX - 1 / STA - 8 / CON - 9 / WIS - 6 / CHA - 4

Challenge - 1 (Rebel) Challenge - 2 (Adventurer) Challenge - 3 (Adventurer)

Spoiler

Battle Log 2014

UK Support Group

Long Term Goals Support

'Rule #1 - Cardio.  Zombies lead a very active life style; so should you.'  Zombieland.

I did. Paleo brakefast, and then a paleo lunch, so i know going for the 3 daily meals is doable for me.

Its more a matter of organisation, since bf and kid wont follow the diet change. U dont ask or expect them to.

This is for my own experiment. I will probable do a 80% lifestyle diet after the whole30, avoiding or limiting the food that make me feel the worst.

By the way, anyone know if tea is allowed during whole30? I know alcohol is not, coffee probably not, but tea?like blakc or green or rooibos?

Just a quick because I haven't read all your posts but want to:

Yeah for blogilates!

Also love your organization goals.

Katastrophenkatzchen - Progress, not Perfection!

Race: Troll | Class : one ambitious  Druid-kitty

Level: 2 | STR 1 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 2

Challenges: 0,5, 1, 2 , Babysteps

Spoiler

(137/180 days) 26/9/14

76.1%
76.1%

No alcohol (12/42) 26/9/14

28%
28%

Start: 194 lbs, Final Goal: 154 lbs, Next Goal: 190 lbs / Current: 194.9 lbs (15. Sept. 2014)

-1%
-1%

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines