2) blogilates CHECK

3) sleep 7h CHECK

4) mindfull CHECK

w5d4 (15/5)

1) ran 25 min and walked 30 min CHECK

2) blogilates CHECK

3) sleep MISSED

4) mindfull CHECK

Went to a friends house and i ran besideher asshewLked, talking and catching up the whole time, it felt really good. Buti went to bed really late after.

W5d5 (16/5)

1) rainy so no walking OR RUNNING MISSED

2) blogilates: rest day CHECK

3) sleep MISSED

4) mindfull CHECK

• Like 1

Level 7 Yogini green witch

STR 3 - DEX 3 - STA 10 - CON 12 - WIS 13 - CHA 6

Previous challenges : 1 || 2 || 3 || 4 || 5 || 6|| 7 || || 9 || 10 || 11

Current challenge : august 2020

Mantra : I am calm, I am love

Hey .... looking pretty good there!!!  How are the averages??

Some kind of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47

Chris: i don't know, didn't count them yet

KL: yeah probably, but tackling both at the same time might be hard.

W5d6 (17/5)

1) Ran my first ever 5km in 43 min, counting the 5 min walking warmup. My c25k app told me to do 25min of running, but i skipped to 28min. I listened to a story run in runtastic and put a goal of 5k, telling myself i might try it to see where i stand. At the end of the 28 min i had 1km left to 5, and pushed throught. I almost cramped but told myself a log dtretxhing awaited me. That is so amazing. To think about 2 months ago i couldn't even run for 1 min! Woot woot i love running CHECK

2) skipped blogilates because i slept in. Meant to do it later but didnt take the time and im fine with that. MISSED

3) sleep 8h CHECK

4) mindfull, enjoyed my sons company and my bf as well CHECK

wow a great day, i'm very happy with my accomplishment. Feeling ready for my first race bext week. Now i want to speed up my pace a little. Will probably buy the zombie app and/or cruise control app and alternate between the 2

At least it is possible you'll meet your sleep goal if you do Whole 30! I just wanted to nap so much when I did mine at first any way, think doing it while I was still kind of ill didn't help either. I do plan on doing one again at some point.

Like Chris says be interesting to see how you are doing overall :) exciting!

The sleep phase lasted about 2 days, but the anger phase was over a week. It's different for everyone but I agree that whole30 will reset your body clock a bit.

How are you doing?

I'm doing good, it was a national holiday today so we had a 3 day weekend

I think going whole 30 cold turkey is too big a change for me and my family. I'd better make smaller steps to get the habit going on paleo and then next one do a real conplet whole 30. I will do say, 7 paleo breakfast, min 5 paleo lunches, and try 1 paleo recipe for dinner every week to add to my familys menue. And cut coffee and refined crap/bread as much as i can. I know i can manage that and it would look more like my paleo lifestyle i want to keep. I already cut dairy a lot and breads somewhat.

W5d7 (18/5)

1) no running and walking but moved played a lot outside MISSED

2) no blogilates, somehow its hard to keep up with when sleeping in on the weekends MISSED

3) sleep : got a good 8h CHECK

4) mindfull CHECK

Week 5 summary

1) running: ran my 1st 5km in 43 min. 2/3 (66%). ACHIEVED!

2) blogilates: 4/6 (66%)

3) sleep: 4/5 (80%)

4) mindfull: 7/7 (100%)

This week was better than i thought. Sleep got back on track and i ran 5k for the first time, that's a big accomplishment. I skipped blogilates a little bit in the weekend but its ok. Mindfullness is also going well.

• Like 1

W6d1 (19/5)

1) went running, did 4km in 37 min, had to walk at the end because of blister in my tors and i wasn't feeling it that much. Tryed a 123 bpm music playlist i made yesterday. Thinking of buying the zombie app, i think i run better when pushed by something like an app. CHECK

2) no blogilates again MISSED

3) slept 8hrs + 1h nap CHECK

4) mindfull: today was an unplog all electronics day proposed by my bf. Felt good. The funny thing is he is the one who almost break the electronics fast 3 times while i didn't have a hard time at all And i think he suggested it to get ME to unplog haha CHECK

Had a really good weekend with family, did some renovations (installed lights on living room ceiling, the encased type, have a word blank...). And spent a LOT of time outside. :)

W6d2 (20/5)

1) no running. No walking. Did 1:30 min yoga MISSED

2) blogilates MISSED

3) sleep : i had a good 8h ahead me since i went to bed at 10pm, but my son got sick all night so i didnt sleep much. Its still a CHECK

4) mindfull: played cars with my son, then we went to the park to eat icecream together (mmm mcflurry and smoothy). After my yoga class i spent some time with bf. We were each doing our own thing, but together. Could have been more mundfull with him.

• Like 1

Try taking a bath with her to candles music and wine, or something in that range of idea, like a picknik, and leave the phones in the car / outside the room. Even for 30 min.

Its amayzing how well you can connect that way, verry soothing for the brain as well. Its like a pause in a lot of noise.

• Like 1

W6d3 (21/5)

1) no running, walked 30 min MISSED

2) blogilates CHECK

3) sleep 7h CHECK

4) mindfull CHECK

W6d4 (22/5)

1) no running and no walking. I switched my "me" night with bf sohe could watch the hockey game. MISSED

2) no blogilates, i'mgetting lazy and these days its harder to train in the morning. I did some yoga instead MISSED

3) slept 7h CHECK

4) mindfull CHECK

Got a new hair cut thursday, i told her todowhat she wanted as long as it was easy. She cut it back to my previous pixie cut. Its a littletoo shorter that i expected, but its cute. I'll get used to it in a day or two.

Only 2 days left before myfirst5k race! I hope it wont rain too much.

• Like 1

Good luck with the RACE!!  And do we get pics of the new hairdo??

Some kind of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47

I'll see if i can take a pick with the medal!

Went walking/hiking 2hrs on a mountain today with bf and son, my cardio was really good. I remember last time i went there i coulnd walk and push the stroller up and needed regular breaks.

Today i pushed the stroller, was never out of breath, just breathing a tiny bit faster than usual and did the whole walk non stop without break. Was awsome!

Also i figured my new runing schedule for next challege: run to yoga class on tuesday whenever possible. ~2km each way. And run 5k thursday and once on the weekend.

W6d5 (23/5)

1) no running MISSED

2) no blogilates MISSED

3) slept 7h CHECK

4) mindfull CHECK

W6d6 (24/5)

1) no running but walked a mountain 2h, cardio went almost as hard as a run so CHECK

2) blogilates MISSED

3) slept 8.49 CHECK

4) mindfull CHECK

• Like 2

Oh yea - a hard walk is definitely worth skipping a run for.  Really, it's the same amount of work, just over a longer period of time. 

Some kind of Jedi .....

I have read that changing it up with walking instead of running is actually very good for you.  Something about them using different muscles, and walking being a 'low impact' rest activity that burns almost as many calories.

M x

Xanjra - Level 3 - Human

STR - 1 / DEX - 1 / STA - 8 / CON - 9 / WIS - 6 / CHA - 4

Challenge - 1 (Rebel) Challenge - 2 (Adventurer) Challenge - 3 (Adventurer)

Spoiler

Battle Log 2014

UK Support Group

Long Term Goals Support

'Rule #1 - Cardio.  Zombies lead a very active life style; so should you.'  Zombieland.

W6d7 (25/5)

1) i ran the 5k roserunners race, in 40 min, wich is exactly the time i goaled for. I warmed up before the race so i started running right away, but i walked a couple times during, when needed. Pretty happy with this achievment! It ends this challenge really well. I achieved my 5k goal CHECK

2) blogilates MISSED

3) slep 8,5 hrs CHECK

4) mindfull CHECK

my bf took a picture at the finish line, i'll upload it later with my week 6 recap, and challemge recap tonight.

• Like 1

Week 6 sumary

1) ran 2 times, walked 2h at a mountain 1 time: achieved 5k race! CHECK 100%

2) blogilates : none FAILED 0%

3) slept 7 hrs for 7 days CHECK 100%

4) mindfull 7/7 CHECK 100%

Wow... Even if i completely stopped the blogilates i had an wasome week, look at those 100d% !

Very proud to have ran a 5k race in 40 min, it was a great experience.

This is my 4th challenge !

This time, i will make it a little easier and focus on the 4 recommended goals, since the last times i had 5-6 goals and it was getting hard to focus.

So, this time around i will :

1) Run 5 Km (CON 1 + STA 1)

I am already doing the C25K program, and am now (as of today) doint week 4 day 2. I will continue to run 3 times a week to reach the 5km, hopefully by the end of the challenge. C25K recommends 9 weeks, so i should reach my goal in that timeframe.

2) Blogilates every day, following the beginner calendar (STR 1 + CHA 1 + CON 1)

My goal is to do 1 thing everyday from the calendar, and the hole thing if i can. I would LOVE to check every one of those boxes. For some reason this challenge calendar appeals to me at the moment, so i will follow my wants and see where it leads. I love the fact that every day is different, and the goal is 10-15 min long everyday for only 1 of the things, so short enough that i can make it. I will aim to do this first thing in the morning. The rest day will be tuesday, or whenever in the week i feel the energy of timing lacks. If i already took it, i can't have another in that week,

3) Sleep 7.5h a day, from sunday to thursday at least (CON 1 + STA 1)

This is a hard one for me. Has been a goal in the last challenges as well, still not where I want to be, but i am getting there. What i find hard is that with all my treatments, family time, household chores, at the end of the day i want to relax and do things for me before going to bed and i end up going to bed really late. I will aim for 10h pm, and waking around 5h30 every work day. This should give me enough time in the morning to include Blogilates and my things, while letting me get that extra 30 min i need desperetly.

- Week 1: Sleep at 10h, for 7h

- Week 2: sleep at 9h45, for 7h15

- Week 3: sleep at 9h30, for 7h30

- Week 4: sleep at 9h15, for 7h45

- Week 5: sleep at 9h, for 8h

- Week 6: sleep at 9h, for 8h

waking up at 5-5h15 every morning

4) Life : be mindfull and present (WIS 1 + CHA 1)

Give the most important people of my life my undivided attention when i'm with them. This means :

- Playing with my son at least once a day without distractions.

- Hanging around my boyfriend and being there for him when he's with me instead of doing something else.

- And meditating 5 min everyday for me.

I will also leave my phone in my purse when i'm getting back home to limit electronics, wich is an addiction of mine and is in the way of this mindfullness goal.

Side quest 1 : RPG Fanatics accountabilibudies. I will do the chanllege there and attribute 6 of my points at those.

Side quest 2 : Clean and organise my Home (in any order)

- shop my wardrobe for spring clothes and keep 20-30 items, not including accessories and shoes.

- clean fridge and oven

- finish cleaning and organising my paperwork

- clean, organise and make pretty my drawer as well as the desk in the hallway

- simplify my cleaning supply, replace them with ecofriendly brand or homemade equivalent Done 20/4

- organise the laundry area

I will aim to post daily for updates, as this is the best way to keep me acountable and motivated.

21/4 edited my sleep goal

This post for weekly updatesWeek 1 summary:

1) 2/3 runs, and a lot or walking. The one missed run was due to weather, and than my leg hurt so i let it rest. i still give myself a 66%

2) 6/6 blogilates 100%

3) 2/7 sleep, off start, but now i think i will get to it and make it a priority daily. 28%

4) 6/7 mindfullness, i made sure to spend some quality time everyday.86%

A very good week overall ! I think i figured how to reach my sleep goal, upon the course of the 6 weeks.

- adventurer pre challenge : +1 wis (already added in my stats)

- adventurer mini week one : +1 cha (already added in my stats)

- rpg fanatics week on : done

- side quest : simplify my cleaning supply, replace them with ecofriendly brand or homemade equivalent : i cleaned up the products, threw out wat was expired. still have enough not to replace any for now.

Week 2 summary

1) ran 2/3 times 66%

2) did 6/6 blogilates days, 1 thing a day or more 100%

3) sleep 5/7 days at 10 pm 100%

4) mindfull with son and BF 7/7 100%

- Adventurers mini challege : + 1 sta (already added)

- Rpg fanatics challlenge : walked/ran more than 8.2 miles

- no personal side quest done this week.

Week 3 summary

1) running: 2/3 CHECK (it rained most of the time i could run)

2) blogilates : 6/6 CHECK

3) sleep: epic failure, went to bed at 11 almost everyday. LOst my progress so back to square one... Well at least i was consistent with it lol MISSED

4) mindfull : 5/7 CHECK

So, pretty good week. Bad rainy weather and lack of sleep made it a bit harder. For week for, i am supposed to go to bed at 9:30 pm. So i will aim 9:30-9:46 and see how that goes.

- rpg challenge: kill 5 enemis with bodywight exercises = CHECK

- adventurers mini: didn't do it. It was meditation. Iwant to get back into thatbut i felt ihad enoug on my plate

- Side quests: prepared spring clothes; cleaned the top of my drawer.

Week 4 update

1) running: 1/3 MISSED

2) blogilates: 5/6 CHECK

3) sleep MISSED

4) mindfull CHECK

Sidequest : cleaned up hallway desk

Adventurers mini : nope

Rpg mini : nope

i probably could have run at least another time, but didn't because of excuses. I realized yesterday i need to update my running schedule, M-W-F is too stressful on my household, so iwill change it to Th-F-Su. I will try this week for the first time and see how it goes.

I slacked blogilates in the beginning of the week but got right back on track. Only 1 video a day wich turns out to be about 10-15 min.

Sleep lacked a lot, but i think i figured what i need to do, with my son's bedtime routine atfirst, and mineas well. I will continue to work on that.

Was mindfull everyday, leaving my cell away from me mostof the time and giving attention when playing orspending time with my kid and bf

I dont know how i feel about theweek overall. Just bleh. Lack of sleep last week really affected this weeks score. I like that i maintainedmy goals butdont feel proud or guilty, just nothingness i guess. Next week will be better.

Week 5 summary

1) running: ran my 1st 5km in 43 min. 2/3 (66%). ACHIEVED!

2) blogilates: 4/6 (66%)

3) sleep: 4/5 (80%)

4) mindfull: 7/7 (100%)

This week was better than i thought. Sleep got back on track and i ran 5k for the first time, that's a big accomplishment. I skipped blogilates a little bit in the weekend but its ok. Mindfullness is also going well.

No sidequests done

No mini done

Week 6 sumary

1) ran 2 times, walked 2h at a mountain 1 time: achieved 5k race! CHECK 100%

2) blogilates : none FAILED 0%

3) slept 7 hrs for 7 days CHECK 100%

4) mindfull 7/7 CHECK 100%

No mini done

No sidequest either

Wow... Even if i completely stopped the blogilates i had an wasome week, look at those 100d% !

Very proud to have ran a 5k race in 40 min, it was a great experience.

So here is the wrap if of the weeks!

1) i ran 5k so i achieved my goal. Very proud! I will s

Checkother races in my area and try to do a couple more this summer.

2) blogilates was nice, but more and more i realize training hard in the morning is too hard, i like to relax in the morning and yoga is more suited. Stillglad i tried it. I loved the woekouts they feltgood. I might incorporate the differently in my nextchallenge, or not. We'll see.

3) sleep: this one was hard. I didn't do 7,5hrsof sleep, and didnt follow my plan. But in the last week i got back on track. 7h seemsthe minimum to feel rested. Md

Ore would be better but 7 makes me happy. So i'll continue to work on this on the next one.

4) mindfull was good, its the simple things likeleaving my cell alone shen im with

My family. Playing with my son with presence. And sitting next to bf and snuggle alittle everyday, doing stuff together we

Hen we can. But i didnt meditate.

So yeah, this was a good one. 4 goals was just right this time. I liked my sidequest idea even if i didnt do it much. I will keep this formula i think.

I havn't posted daily, but at the moment i am trsting my next challenge and transitionning between the 2.

The next one will need to be a little different than what i planned because of something new hapenning in my life, so testing t out is a good idea

Sleep will probably be the priorty, then maintain exercise while feshening it up a bit. Food wont be whole 30 but will be challenging enough.

Life goal hasnt been decided yet, still thinking about it

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines