So this is the interwebs....

Hello. I'm not sure what I'm doing. I'm kinda new to both fitness and the internet. I can hear the gasps already but yes I'm basically 20 and never had a computer. My only source of internet is a prepaid smart phone I recently got, so I apologize in advance for not knowing what I'm doing(like posting in areas wrong or something.) Anyyyyway, I'm 6'1 and weigh 160-175(it changes weekly). I'm not exactly "unfit" but I wouldn't say I'm fit. My main issue is me belly. Its not huge but standing straight it blocked my view of my toes. I want to lower my body fat % as well as getting stronger with more stamina. My diet isn't the best but it's the best I can do due to family money issues. Right now it's hard to get motivated since I can't really help my diet and thats the main part. I have dumbbells and a 20-40 pound vest. I've read all the nerd fitness articles. Right now I'm just looking for insight on how to get the most out of this site aka how to use it. Also a good path to start on. Its hard to formulate my own workout,

• Like 2

Welcome to the Rebellion!!!

Health changes on a budget?   Exercise without a lot of expensive gym equipment is certainly feasible.  Bodyweight workouts will get you plenty strong.  But if you want to try MAKING your own equipment - I kid you not - check out Teros in the Adventurers' Guild (http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/46730-teros-8-a-monster-consistencyintensity/).

Nutrition on a budget - do you have a kitchen?  There have been times I've lived on brown rice, canned tuna, and whatever vegetables I could get cheap. Most packaged food is expensive when you look at cost per ounce - and worse if you look at cost per gram of protein.  There are resources for ideas, but most assume that you can do SOME cooking. 

My recommendation is to head over to the Level 1 Rebels guild and join up for the challenge starting Monday (http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/forum/352-level-1-rebels/).  It's a great place to start figuring out how to take little steps to program your workouts and diet changes. 

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

Hey spiderdust44!

You can indeed try out a 6 week challenge. Try to incorporate excercises like push ups, sit ups, isometric excercises like pushing doorposts, walking and running etc. These do not cost you any money and you can form healthy habits with them.

Where food is concerned, you don't have to switch to expensive and exotic paleo eating plans now. Just try to cut our foods that you know are bad for you, or try halving your intake if you can not do without them, and do try to buy those fresh tomatoes and leaks in the supermarket instead.

As a last point, try a 6 week challenge and incorporate some excercises in the that don't require you to invest any money. And don't hesitate to drop me a line if you have any questions mate! Good luck!

SUCCESS IS A CHOICE