Hiraedd Hunts the Ravening Hunger Beast

Hiraedd

BTW, are any of you Austin, TX nerds?  I'll be in Austin for a week and a half in July visiting my brother and his family, and if you're nearby it would be sweet to hang out!

We have a pretty decent contingent of Austin/Central TX nerds. :D Let us know when you're in town and we'll try to plan something out!

oh goodness, i wish i was in Austin - but i am sure Chammy and Spezzy would love to see you (they're both there).

Truth!

[Pixie | Warrior] Carjack: Muscles don't get confused. They only get angry. | Catspaw: I'm always willing to help dig holes for your bodies. | Twitter | Instagram | chammy has a log | chammy competes at the end

Great work on slaying the hunger beast! I know what you are saying about false hunger just because you think you might not have access to food. I'm working on smacking that beast down too. When we go on short hike or geocaches, I always used to take snacks, now sometimes I purposely don't. A couple of times I have gotten hungry, but then I survived the hunger :playful: and it helps me to overcome that fearofhunger beast

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Okay -- I seriously haven't posted in forever.  This month has been busy, but although I slipped on posting, I managed to keep my goals pretty well.  Here's a recap:

1. Eat at a deficit.  +2 CON + 2 STR B +1.5 CON +1.5 STR

While eating at a deficit was not really difficult, I found that after the first week hunger leveled off and didn't rear it's head again, except when I thought I might "not have enough" food, or would have restricted access to it.  This tells me that my body is not actually panicking at hunger; it's got a whole whack of other issues instead.

2. Move more +4 STA A +4 STA

Walked to work 15/16 times I could.  Worked my way up to 3 blocks away from work, so pretty excited about that as well.

3. Quiet time - 1 ½ hrs a day + 4 CON

I completely neglected this goal, and didn't even think about it most of the time.

4. Workout, stretching & PLP -- 12 sessions of Star Wars workout & stretch/foam rolling, PLP reboot (back at 1 with harder exercises), graded on done/able +3 STR

N/A  

My health was not good enough at any point during this challenge to add PLP or any other workout back in,  The walking was all I could manage.

The Take Away:

I will be facing my hunger differently this upcoming challenge, and look forward to seeing if I can get over this fear of being without food, rather than just eating less.  It was good to learn, though, that my actual food intake isn't running me.  Now just to deal with the rest.

• Like 1

Hiraedd the Twice Risen:

Hamadryad; Pilgrim

battle log

Great work, especially on the insight for your trigger. I have deep scarcity issues, so I totally get where you are coming from.

Yay you!

• Like 1

&Heidi

Gypsy Druid Paladin

Ranger1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 ::

Druid8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |:: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |:: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |:: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |:: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |:: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |:: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | :: 70 |

Paladin71 | 72 | 73 | 74 |

Heidi Chronicles  NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed| MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines