• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

SuNoYo

SuNoYo Gets Down to Business

I believe it's from Parks and Rec, though I first found it on Tumblr (and don't watch the show).

Mmm homemade ice cream. MMMM clotted cream. Now I'm hungry.

Maybe I stumbled across it in a similar manner then. Gifs abound.

Enjoy your hunger, and know that no clotted cream you have could ever be as good as the stuff I get! :P

Best of all, per EU law, Cornish clotted cream only counts as Cornish clotted cream if it's 1) made in Cornwall (obviously) and 2) at least fifty-five percent fat. Though the average is sixty-four percent :D

In fact, according to Wikipedia, America would class it as butter.

And I insist you have a proper cream tea. To die for. And the jam goes on first. Yes, there's actually a difference in taste depending on what goes on first: cream or jam.

Oooohhhh homemade ice cream!!  Time to dig out the ice cream maker and see if there's such a thing as paleo cold, sweet, frozen stuff. 

Here's one. Here's forty-five recipes. And twenty coconut milk ice cream recipes. And an entire website. Hope that helps!

Update:

I just spent about eighty minutes fiddling around taking in the legs of my shorts. I have half a dozen various needles, a biro, a measuring tape, a piece of paper ('ruler') my eyeballs, a thimble and, no joke, a spool of thread the exact colour of my denim shorts. Yeah, I sew by hand.

I ended up taking in four inches on either leg at the bottom (just above the knee), narrowing to where the pocket and seam bit end.

It's fairly obvious this is a home done alteration as the seam changes from Obviously Made With a Sewing Machine to simple stitching - I used a bastardisation of running stitch and what Mum always called four point hem (making a hem using only four points on the material). And really most of those eighty minutes was me trying to work out how to pin the shorts while I was wearing them and seeing if I could alter the waistline. In the end I gave up, took a guess at a four inch reduction on the outside hem, pinned it, tried it on - walked a bit, sat down; it seamed (ahahaha) fine. So I sewed away over the course of about half an hour (I was fighting a cat for possession of the laptop keyboard whilst watching some videos), and now I'm wearing some tighter shorts.

Still a bit saggy in the arse area, and the waistline is, frankly, hopeless at the moment and I'm not sure how to take it in without a sewing machine, but that's what belts are for! Overall I'm pleased with my shorts. And lucky me, I can sew over the new outer seam with some ribbon or some sort of fancy fabric. In short, now I'm done with the practical stuff I can get on to the fancy additions.

And maybe fiddle with the hemline, Play around with taking it up or making an actual, neat, hem.

Other things:

- Four days in a row with 100% on the meds.

- Four days in a row with 100% on two or more meals a day.

- Only three in which I had three meals though. Sundays man - I only eat one meal.

- One snack a day. i.e. when I take my last pill.

I'm kind of doing inverted bodyweight rows (under- and overhand) using my bed. Well, it's a bunk bed - I share a very small room with my sister, and I take the bottom bunk whose bars are just about arm's length above my head. Given the soft surface I'm resting on I'm only really hauling up my upper body, so I'll have to work on the rest. But I can do eight of each, so that's something right?

Pistol progression: I literally just above parallel on both legs, by that I mean my arse is probably level with the top of my knee, and I can do exactly one per leg. This is unsupported by the by.

Music: I now have songs from the Cowboy Bebop soundtrack on my mp3; it's impossible not to bop along to some of those songs, meaning that I'm partially dancing when I'm outside walking around.

Push ups: bah! It's said a lot that for correct form you need your elbows tight to your sides - nope. Not at the moment. But with elbows out I can do one and a half to two push ups.

And I can nearly touch the back of my head with my toes again.

Aaaaand the ice cream maker's canister gets shoved back into the freezer.

Do you make your belts too?  That could work.

Other things:

- Four days in a row with 100% on the meds.

- Four days in a row with 100% on two or more meals a day.

- Only three in which I had three meals though. Sundays man - I only eat one meal.

- One snack a day. i.e. when I take my last pill.

All excellent, and you're working out more too.  All good news today!

If it helps, my inverted row setup for a while was the thickest wooden dowel rod I could get balanced between my counter and stove.  Your setup is much better and more secure.

Aaaaand the ice cream maker's canister gets shoved back into the freezer.

You know, you don't even really need an ice cream maker for some recipes. Or any. I made homemade ice cream once. Well over a decade ago with my Granny. We used a big bowl, a lot of ice and our arms. Given that I was six or seven my arms tired from the shaking very, very quickly, but Granny just shook that bowl effortlessly. Talk about an arm workout.

Do you make your belts too?  That could work.

Oh, belt making is easy. I just repurpose things. My old school colours tie makes an excellent belt - but it's also a very nice tie, so I don't use it all that often, and the other belts are just strips of fabric or scarves. That and I actually own a proper leather belt with a hand made buckle made out of solid pewter with a design taken from the Lindisfarne Gospels. I am inordinately proud of my belt buckle.

But really, belt making is easy.

All excellent, and you're working out more too.  All good news today!

If it helps, my inverted row setup for a while was the thickest wooden dowel rod I could get balanced between my counter and stove.  Your setup is much better and more secure.

Did you slip the dowel into heavy blocks or something to reduce the chance of rolling and/or slippage? If so, then it's a fairly solid bar. If not . . . at least the floor isn't too far away. As for my progress on inverted rows, I'm going to be up to nine tomorrow. Nearly did it today only the phone rang, startled me and I lost my grip a little.

Enjoy your hunger, and know that no clotted cream you have could ever be as good as the stuff I get! :tongue:

Probably! I think Canadian milk is closer to UK milk than US milk, but dairy laws are pretty different depending on what country you're in. I believe the most commonly-available clotted cream at the grocery store is from the Devon Cream Company.

Best of all, per EU law, Cornish clotted cream only counts as Cornish clotted cream if it's 1) made in Cornwall (obviously) and 2) at least fifty-five percent fat. Though the average is sixty-four percent :D

In fact, according to Wikipedia, America would class it as butter.

Apparently butter in Canada is required to be 80% MF! US food is weird.

And I insist you have a proper cream tea. To die for. And the jam goes on first. Yes, there's actually a difference in taste depending on what goes on first: cream or jam.

I love tea, and I love cream tea! I've had tea in many places in Canada, as well as in England and Ireland. I prefer jam first! 

But I can do eight of each, so that's something right?

Yeah, nice work!

And I can nearly touch the back of my head with my toes again.

Nice!! 

That sounds like a really good idea. Hmm!

I'd just like to point out that most US Food isn't actually food at all. Food for thought.

Also, damn, girl, dat pistol tho. Even if it's only one per side, assuming you execute with control, that's still pretty impressive.

• Like 4

I had a few bits of foam wrap to cut down on rolling and scratching but it was not a stable setup.  9 is good!!

More stable than it initially was though. And presumably you have a better alternative now, so it's all good. Like the number nine.

Probably! I think Canadian milk is closer to UK milk than US milk, but dairy laws are pretty different depending on what country you're in. I believe the most commonly-available clotted cream at the grocery store is from the Devon Cream Company.

I'm not entirely certain on dairy laws myself, but I know there has to be a required amount of fat in it to even qualify as milk. And that most people prefer semi-skimmed.

Apparently butter in Canada is required to be 80% MF! US food is weird.

UK butters tend to be between 80-83% fat, so we can both look on disconcertedly at American food. And their portion sizes. Sorry America, but those foodie shows you broadcast so much do tend to reinforce a stereotype or two.

I love tea, and I love cream tea! I've had tea in many places in Canada, as well as in England and Ireland. I prefer jam first!

Tea is amazing. As are cream teas. Strawberry jam, of course. Oh, where've you visited over here? I too, prefer jam first, mostly because it's easier to spread jam on scone/bread (yes, I have jam and clotted cream sandwiches sometimes. Gorgeous.) than on cream.

Yeah, nice work!

[...]

Nice!!

I know! So surprising! Though it's actually nine now. And sore shoulders and . . . whatever the muscles in the upper back are called.

That sounds like a really good idea. Hmm!

Is someone contemplating a similar set up?

I'd just like to point out that most US Food isn't actually food at all. Food for thought.

Plastic cheese. I'll never get over plastic cheese. It's even called American cheese.

Also, damn, girl, dat pistol tho. Even if it's only one per side, assuming you execute with control, that's still pretty impressive.

It's a bit wobbly coming back up, and it's definitely not as deep as most people recommend it be, but it's a pistol squat just barely above parallel executed with as much control as possible. Now to perfect my form and feel happy.

Update time:

Three meals today (though I actually forgot to take a pill with one, so I'm doing that post-post) - one was completely gluten free and Paeleo.

A nice graze box of snacks.

T'ai Chi too. For some reason the warm up had me really sweating - a good sign! And I noticed an increase in flexibility from last week, but given last week was my first time in three weeks I'm not counting that as much. No T'ai Chi next week though; half term. :(

And a twenty minute walk there and back that I managed to do in about twelve minutes (there and back) because of the music I was listening to. I want to put it down to being fitter, but I'll put it down to the music helping me walk faster without noticing.

Lovely weather.

Used some sort of volumising gel product thing in my hair - had to blow dry it, and I'm really not keen on that; I'm a long time air dry type - but it worked quite nicely.

Heard back from a job application with a company whose ethics I quite admire. Didn't get it. Even worse: it was obviously a stock reply. So much for personalising rejection letters eh?

I tell you. Companies just don't play nice with prospective employees. I dunno, maybe they never did, but it just feels bad, you know?

Also, possible reason you're so much warmer in the warm up - your added flexibility is leading to deeper flexion and extension of the muscles, meaning a longer period of contraction overall, meaning more heat. You know your flexibility better than we do, so can't say with certainty, but it's a thought.

I tell you. Companies just don't play nice with prospective employees. I dunno, maybe they never did, but it just feels bad, you know?

According to most adults - though seeing as I'm also an adult I should say older adults - prospective employees would call/send you a letter that was at least partly personalised if they had to reject you. It definitely feels bad though, 'oh hi, we know you applied to work here, but we don't actually care about you as a human being, just as a gear in our company; you have no feelings or reasons for existence other than to potentially benefit us. You don't benefit us, goodbye.'

Also, possible reason you're so much warmer in the warm up - your added flexibility is leading to deeper flexion and extension of the muscles, meaning a longer period of contraction overall, meaning more heat. You know your flexibility better than we do, so can't say with certainty, but it's a thought.

Point. We did a pancake stretch in warm up and I felt like I was able to go deeper and spread my legs a little wider (that's what she said). That and when doing a certain stretch/exercise to open our hips (rest ankle on opposing thigh and push/rock the leg downwards) I was able to completely rest my upper left leg on the floor entirely and just hold it there with no aid from an arm pushing down; there was some breathing to help keep pushing the thigh deeper into the stretch, and I certainly felt warmer after that. The right hip remains frustratingly closed in that I can only get my thigh about half to two-thirds of the way down.

. . .

I think this might be a contributing factor because I am a little more flexible than before, and after the hip openers, pancake and a certain back bend I really felt warm. Cool! Kishi has all the smarts. (But I also think the slightly over-warm room is another factor to consider)

Oh hey! Guess what I'm doing? Saturday(ish) I think I'll be helping to break a world record (hopefully), but currently I'm looking at hairstyles. Because, like a silly person I deleted my hair reference pictures and now I need to go find them and possibly some new ones. Because if experienced hair dressers like having pictures showing what you like and don't like, want and don't want, I think trainees will appreciate it even more! Seriously £6 for a cut and finish, and possibly an extra $14 for a tint regrowth? Bargain. Which reminds me, someone owes me money!

• Like 1

Tea is amazing. As are cream teas. Strawberry jam, of course. Oh, where've you visited over here?

My brain is fuzzy due to springtime allergies, but I've been to The British Museum and had tea (with champagne - hehe), as well as other cafes around London that I can't remember off the top of my head. Tea in Ireland was in Dublin and Cork and Blarney.

I get really warm when I'm stretching, too.

That's too bad about the job.

Is the world-record hair-related?

*Hugs*  Job hunting is hard, and companies are not respectful - most of those that I apply to don't even bother to acknowledge the application or send updates on the process.  Rarely do I even get a rejection notice anymore.  Hang in there - you will get a great job.