Hazard: 2nd Mission - Division Training

Hazard

<Incoming Transmission. . . .>

To: Hazard
Fr: Rebel Intelligence Regional HQ
Re: Division Attachement

Agent Hazard, review of your performance on your field test has been completed.  Congratulations on your commission with Rebel Intelligence Special Operations.  As you were informed, all active SpecOps agents are attached as support personnel with Alliance divisions operating in their theater. Your request to be attached to the division colloquially called the Assassins has been approved.

All of your personal effects were forwarded to the Assassin division's training center in anticipation of your arrival.  While here, you will train to develop the specific skills that will make you most useful to this division.  Remember, however, that you are an active agent and you may be called upon from time to time to complete assignments beyond the confines of your training regimen.

<End Transmission>

EPIC QUEST

Turn Jan312014_zpsbd4af866.png into johngrimek1_zps7cbdf047.jpg

At end of previous challenge Apr62014_zpsd052f069.png

More details on my Epic Quest, and my regular lifting workouts, are in my battle log.

MOTIVATION

To be healthy, sexy, and inspire awe.

QUESTS for this CHALLENGE

1) Bulk

This will involve tracking:

weight

calories

protein

waist size

* Maximum bulking threshold is 33.5" (85 cm) waist.  If reached, switch from bulk to cut.

2) Strengthen Core.

This will involve exercises such as:

hollow holds & hollow rocks

arch ups & arch rocks

dragon flag progressions

hanging knee/leg raises                             

3) Increase Flexibility.

This will involve stretches such as:

german hang progressions

center split progressions

front split progressions

4) Develop Balance.

This will involve skills such as:

parallette crows

handstands

(pistol squat progressions, via guild mini-challenge)

5) Side Quest: Play on Camera

I shared videos of me doing assassiny things last challenge.  People liked it.  I liked it.  It was fun.  I'll be doing it more.

• Like 20

You haven't seen my Final Form

I Stand With Gina Carano

****This is a semi-automated message from your Robot guild leader.****

Hello and welcome to the assassin guild! First of all, I want to thank you for having chosen our guild as your first, it makes us really happy and proud. I really hope you will enjoy being with us and that you will find here all the support you need. 

First of all

Make sure you filled up this form:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1scdu8yMffc4-roz5twnonx8BHuvUsVpYN4uskgc4MAQ/viewform

It will make our work easier, allow us to add you to the assassin phonebook and will make you eligible for the Most wanted assassin of the week list.

Make sure you subscribe to the announcement thread: (button "Follow this topic", upper right of the thread)

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/46593-guild-information-and-announcements-please-subscribe/

And if you don't want to subscribe, make at least sure you read it once a week. It is usually updated on Monday/Tuesday to present the new mini-challenge and Assassin most wanted list.

What you need to know.

Whatever you do, remember that your challenge is your priority. Mini-challenges, guild activities, PVP are not mandatory. They are here for you to have fun, discover new exercises, have some friendly competitions but they must not hinder your progresses. If a mini-challenge seems too overwhelming for you, just don't do it.

Being here with us will give you access to many not mandatory activities, aka:

- Skill mini-challenge. The skill mini-challenge will start on Monday, April 14 and will last the whole challenge (aka 6 weeks). As the name may suggest, you will be asked to work on a skill over the course of the challenge. The skill we will work on this time is the infamous "Pistol squat" under the supervision of our Ent assassin: Phylanx. The main thread can be found here. Every week new exercises will be posted. Remember that form is everything, don't hesitate at having your form checked if you're not sure of you.

PVP. PVP are competitions started by other members of the rebellion. If you enjoy measuring yourself to other, they may be the right thing for you. So, don't forget to check the PVP forum to find or even make your own PVP! Remember to read the rules though  :)

What we expect from you!

Consistency, awesomeness and regular updates. One update at the end of the challenge won't do, we want to be able to see you are still here with us. One Update a week is a minimum. More would be even better  :)

Don't stay by yourself. If you want people to follow your thread and support you, you have to do the same. Support is as much giving as recieving! You will probably find many people who share the same goals as you, go visit their thread, cheer on them and they will probably do the same. And because we are awesome, we already created the Assassin phonebook to help you!

Don't stay by yourself bis! The assassin's den is open to all, you have funny gifs to share, a story to tell, needs some advices or just want a place to chat? The Assassin's den is the place to go (also, we have parkour corgis, ninja cats and killer sloth)!

What else?

If you have any problems, questions or suggestions for the guild, feel free to send your guild leaders a PM. Your guild leaders being:

Apfelstrudi: The fruity overlord

Vengefulpear: The secret dinosaur

Nuala: The robotic mistress of pain (that's me!)

Also, we are still looking for journalists to work on the weekly most wanted list. The job is quite simple albeit a bit time consuming. PM Apfelstrudi if you are interested.

Sorry for the wall of text! I wish you luck for this challenge!  :D

****This was a semi-automated message from your Robot guild leader.****

Nuala, level 13 Robot mistress of pain, Assassin Guild leader

First journey: The Rise and fall of an Assassin

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13

Second journey: Crawling back

Thanks everyone!

That all looks epic! What does a dragon flag progression look like? I'd never heard of those before.

Lying hip lifts, progressing to candlestick, progressing to dragon flag negatives, progressing to dragon flags, then weighted dragon flags.  Should work, I think.

Video time already, maybe?  I'm not sure how far I can go with it yet, but maybe I can demo some of this.

• Like 2

I Stand With Gina Carano

That all looks epic! What does a dragon flag progression look like? I'd never heard of those before.

Lying hip lifts, progressing to candlestick, progressing to dragon flag negatives, progressing to dragon flags, then weighted dragon flags.  Should work, I think.

Video time already, maybe?  I'm not sure how far I can go with it yet, but maybe I can demo some of this..

Here we go.

:00 - :14        Reverse crunch, essentially.  Raise hips while tucked, bring knees near head

:15 - :24        Slight progression, lifting hips up more

:25 - :29        Lifting knees up more

:30 - :46        Extending legs into candlestick

:47 -  1:30     Tucking up into candlestick, followed by dragon flag negative.  Sort of.

1:31 - 1:38    Catching my breath.

1:39 - 2:03    Dragon flag singles.  Sort of.

My abs aren't strong enough to straighten me out on these things yet.  But stronger abs is why I'll be doing them.  We'll see where it gets me over the next six weeks.

• Like 11

I Stand With Gina Carano

4) Develop Balance.

This will involve skills such as:

parallette crows

handstands

(pistol squat progressions, via guild mini-challenge)

Here's my starting point for handstands.  Wall assisted.

• Like 10

I Stand With Gina Carano

Looks like you have a good starting point! Thanks for sharing the videos - I think I understand what a dragon flag is now. May need to add those to core/skill days. Need to be careful not to overload myself, lol.

Love the videos, El Hazardo, and looking forward to following your challenge. You are always entertaining and inspiring. :joyous:

• Like 1

The starting point of your handstand is really nice! I can't kick up to the wall, I'm too scared! I really love your goals and the sexy black pants you drew on yourself and the splits... Well that was an awfully long sentence wasn't it? Lets smash the challenge tomorrow, YAY!

I love NF challenges

tumblr_m2nu2zFJtO1rtldhgo1_r1_500.gif

• Like 4

3) Increase Flexibility.

This will involve stretches such as:

german hang progressions

center split progressions

front split progressions

Here are my starting points for the splits.  I've got a lot of work to do on these.

Left Front Split

Hazardleftfrontsplit4-14-14_zpsaa84d5a3.

Right Front Split

Hazardrightfrontsplit4-14-14_zpsd5850b9a

Center Split

Hazardcentersplit4-14-14_zpsd38e607b.png

• Like 9

I Stand With Gina Carano

You are not the only one with a lot of work to do on splits, lol.

It is nice how your blanket is about how far your legs can reach right now. It will make it easy to see small amounts of progress. :joyous:

• Like 1

Good progress - had a look through your battle log and you've made good progress on SS. It looks like your linear gains are getting harder to make. Have you considered a program like 531 where you can incorporate body weight assistance exercises and skill work?

Good luck!

• Like 1

Galerax - Half-Elf

Level 1 - STR 3 / DEX 1 / STA 1 / CON 2 / WIS 2 / CHA 1

Good progress - had a look through your battle log and you've made good progress on SS.

Thanks!  And I appreciate you checking out my battle log too.

I haven't actually been doing SS.  Though my weightlifting is very much inspired by both Basic Barbell Training and Practical Programming. 

It looks like your linear gains are getting harder to make.

Yes.  Though that may be diet related.  I spent the previous challenge on a cut, averaging about 1700 calories a day for six weeks.  It could be other reasons too.  But now that I'm off the cut, I'll see how eating more effects my lifts.

Have you considered a program like 531 where you can incorporate body weight assistance exercises and skill work?

I'm not ready to give up deadlifting and squatting twice a week yet. :boxing:  More than likely my first programming changes will be to switch to a volume-day/heavy-day cycle for squats, and a deadlift-day/romanian-day cycle for deadlifts.

• Like 1

I Stand With Gina Carano

Report for: Apr 14, 2014

Mission Objective #1: Track weight, calories, protein, and waist size while bulking

Weight:    175.0 lbs  (79.4 kg)

Calories:  2398

Protein:   193 g

Waist:     31.86 in   (80.9 cm)

Mission Objective #2: Strengthen Core

hollow hold              3 x 30sec

arch up                  3 x 30sec

dragon flag negative     3 x 3

hanging knee raise       3 x 5

Mission Objective #3: Increase Flexibility

Center Split

extended butterfly    5 min

seated pike           5 min

pancake               5 min

Front Split circuit     25 min

bent knees

pyramid

front leg straight    

supported german hang  x 8   

Mission Objective #4: Develop Balance

wall-assisted handstand  x 5

parallette crows         x 3

Assassin Guild Pistol Squat Challenge

standing leg raise    3 x 10

supine quad stretch   3 x 15sec

Side Objective: Occasional SpecOps Agent Assignments (aka Play on Camera)

n/a

• Like 4

I Stand With Gina Carano

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines