Juggling to 5K

Dizz

I faced my demons and this She-Ra beat it!  I ran for 20 minutes straight. I paced myself so I didn't get real fatigued.  It took me a mile to be able to pass the walkers ahead of me. haha  Now I feel better about finishing the rest of this program. This was a major hurdle.

After I pass the C25K app, I plan on going into Zombies Run to improve my speed. Nothing like monsters to motivate.

So how I prepped for my run... Slept in until 8am. Ate a banana, had coffee.  Took a real hot bath while stretching in it. Felt so good. I got out to run by 10 am. Still later than I planned, but there was shade to run under still.  This will become very important as the daily temp goes to 110F. I'll probably do sunset runs then.

Finished off with hot chocolate. So I had half the calories then when I have my normal breakfast.

• Like 2

Level 9 Tiefling Ranger/Scout

STR 9 DEX 16 CON 15 INT 10 WIS 13

Current challenge

Mordor: Hobbiton -> Rivendell (238/458 miles)

Water advice  Join the Circus!

I faced my demons and this She-Ra beat it!  I ran for 20 minutes straight. I paced myself so I didn't get real fatigued.  It took me a mile to be able to pass the walkers ahead of me. haha  Now I feel better about finishing the rest of this program. This was a major hurdle.

After I pass the C25K app, I plan on going into Zombies Run to improve my speed. Nothing like monsters to motivate.

Huzzah!

So how I prepped for my run... Slept in until 8am. Ate a banana, had coffee.  Took a real hot bath while stretching in it. Felt so good. I got out to run by 10 am. Still later than I planned, but there was shade to run under still.  This will become very important as the daily temp goes to 110F. I'll probably do sunset runs then.

Finished off with hot chocolate. So I had half the calories then when I have my normal breakfast.

Way to go, lady! You're amazing, powerful, phenomenal and incredible! Keep up the hard work, lady! You're so inspiring! 

Also, sunset/night runs in our area of the country are absolutely gorgeous during the hot months. I got addicted to them last year. Nothing quite beats a run during a summer sunset! 

• Like 1

"No power in the 'verse can stop me."

Current Challenge: Stooshie is a Leaf on the Wind

Past Challenges: The road goes ever, ever on!

*punches the air*

Told you you could do it!

And if you can do that, just think what else you can do!

• Like 1

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

I was scheduled to run today, but I worked almost 30 hours the last two days. Exhausted.  My muscles are killing me and it is Easter. I'm taking the day off... which I think I probably need.  I have another 30 hour marathon tomorrow and Tuesday, so I think I just need to recoup.  I'll run Wed.  

I decided to enjoy my holiday and went to the brunch at a botanical garden tea room.  I had ahi, salmon, chorizo omelette, grilled asparagus/carrots, cheese blintz... It was all delicious. I'll just have a small meal for dinner, so I'll still be good for calories today.  While I was eating, the server pointed out the hummingbird nest above my head.  2 babies were in it chirping away.... Awwwwwwwwwwww!  Lots of flowers around me and birds.  It was a nice morning.

This afternoon, I'm still getting exercise... it's Sunday and that means juggling!  Time to throw stuff and pick them up.... a lot!

• Like 1

Current challenge

So todays juggle was pretty productive.  Was doing pretty well on the club cascade.  I started drilling a contact juggling move that I hadn't spent anytime on before.  It's fairly solid now The move: Ball on the palm of the hand, roll toward elbow, turn arm inside for ball to roll to the back of the hand and stop. This is called folding lines.  I drilled both side. Right is more solid than the left, but it's pretty good on both.

I decided to try joggling.

I did pretty good for the first time.  Dropped a lot, you have to throw just a little different when you are moving and turns are really difficult!  Eventually, I think I want to be a regular joggler.

• Like 1

Current challenge

A juggle marathon beckons...?

• Like 1

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Ran 2.2 miles today, PR distance. :) My speed is trending up a little bit, but speed is not my goal... I'm just trying to maintain a run. This is my first one in 5 days, which was tough. I worked 4 of the last 5 days and took Easter off.  

I work tomorrow and then drive 500 miles to California for my Flow Fest. I plan to go for a run when I get there, after I set up camp.. It's hilly in that area versus the flat that is what I'm used to. Should be interesting.

So excited for the flow fest. Juggling, hooping, contact juggling, fire show, staff, baton, workshops, it's going to be amazing!

• Like 1

Current challenge

Way to go, Dizz! You're awesome! You're rockin' the runs! Keep up the good work. :) 

You're going to have so much fun at Flow Fest! Take lots of pictures and videos! I want to hear -everything- about it when you get back! I'm so excited for you! It's going to be so mind-blowing! I know you're going to have a blast! ^_^

• Like 1

Guess you're flowing and festing now. (intermittent festing...? A pun missed there, I think... ) I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Dizz, 

For when you return I wanted to invite you to our C25K Accountabilibuddies Group! I'm trying to get a good group of L1 and experienced Rebels to work together to stay on track. Here's the link:

C25K and Zombies, Run Champions!

Hope to see you there :)

Level 7 DINOSAUR Scout
STR: 9 - CON: 12 - DEX: 6 - STA: 10 - WIS: 16 - CHA: 11
Current Challenge
Scouts Base Camp
Scouts Tavern

Wow, the last 5 days have been a blast. I cannot put into words what this trip has meant to me... but I'll try.

Day 1. Drive 7 hours to San Diego. Set up camp in about 30 minutes. Found my friends and instantly bonded. These are internet friends that I've had for years and just now met for real. It's like we've always been close. I attended a couple of workshops.  My friend cooked all my meals for me.. extremely healthy food and delicious!  I was announced as the medic. My services were used a few times. In the evening, I watched the burn. A lot of the attendees are the people from Burning Man. There was an evening show for people who wanted to try out acts, which was pretty darn good. There was electronic music blaring while fire was being spun, hooped, thrown and breathed in an area set aside for the purpose.

Day 2. Two mile run first thing in the morning and drove to my mother's house nearby for a visit and a shower. :) I was the cleanest one at the fest. When I returned, I did workshops on buugeng, multiball spinning,  leg body rolls and a few other things. I can now roll a ball from my knees and pop it up to my feet while on my back!  More food. There was a Gala Show, the best performers put on their acts and it was first rate!  More fire spinning that night... I ducked away to practice multiball spinning.  There was a Renegade show that night, but I was too pooped to stay awake. It's kind of a free-for-all show.

Day 3. More workshops, More food. Lots of practicing skills and games going on. I found a hoop to put on my head and had people throw balls into it. I hugged my new friends goodbye and went home to mom. :D

Day 4. Muscles are sore. I may have run only once, but all the playing around wore me out!  Hanging out with mom and catching up.

Day 5. 7 hour drive home. That's enough. 

I put the videos of some of the things at the fest at this forum here: http://www.contactjuggling.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=13963&p=151122#p151100

• Like 2

Current challenge

It sounds like you had an absolute blast! I'm so happy for you, Dizz! I hope you learned a ton and I hope you had a lovely time with your mother!

The videos! Oh my gosh! Richard has gotten even more phenomenal than the last time I saw him! Sennyo was so fun! :) Arnar was just so ridiculously graceful! Oh my gosh, that was astounding! That last trick he did... WHAT?! JUST. WHAT?! O_o DANG!

I hope you had a blast and that you're getting some rest now! You're gonna rock the third week of this challenge!

I'm jealous of the trip. I mean, not the driving, but the rest of it.

Regarding the 5K: It might be worthwhile checking how long the event will be happening. If it's a chip-timed race, it's not impossible that the course will be 'live' for a couple hours. I don't know exactly how running events typically work, but a half-hour delay might not mean that you won't be able to take part.

Good luck!

Just kidding! I talked to my coworkers and they switched schedules around so I get out at 4pm and have 3 hours to get to my race. Game on!  The race starts at 7 and fun events start at 8:30 including a fire show by my friends at Cirque Roots. http://http://vimeo.com/92465266

I'm so happy right now. I get back to running Sunday.  Last weekend, I did a run, and it did me in... lots of hills and uneven surfaces. My ankles and thighs were sore for days.

• Like 1

Current challenge

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines