Juggling to 5K

Dizz

Legendary scout challenge greatness. So many PRs! And ZR too!

I'm wary of clicking on the YouTube video since I've just had a long conversation about what is and isn't Ok for 8 year olds to watch in YouTube so I don't want to undermine my case if it contains rudity. I'll look later.

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

That video is clean, I would play it in church if I had the opportunity. :) I understand about being cautious.

Nearly a 5K (3.1 miles) I left the house too late and it was about 90 during my run. I started to overheat and ended up walking about a third of it, on the return trip.  My muscles were still sore from jumping around at the concert and I think that had something to do with it too.

OMG! I think I'm pushing myself too hard. I worked a late shift on Friday until 7:30 pm. I went home and put on my favorite summer dress.  It's a sack on me now!!!  Too big to wear in public now, for sure. Time to get another one in size 14. :) Anyway, I went dancing, but was too sore from my shift to dance more than one set. Good classic rock band playing at a resort... for free. Ha! 

Saturday, I went to an amazing concert put on by the local radio station. New Politics, Linkin Park, Kongos and Sublime with Rome were playing. There were 3 other big bands there as well, but I didn't care for them. I went wild when the Kongos came on. They were rocking out that accordion and it was better than the recordings on the radio. People were crowd surfing, hand waving and the whole rock concert scene. Not half done like Tucson usually does it. haha  This is my first big concert since I was 18.   

Now I'm super sore and still trying to run that 5K next weekend. I'm coming to the conclusion that I will probably have to walk at least part of it... doing a 12 hour shift right before.  http://www.azroadrunners.org/races/detail/mmd

Strava report:

http://www.strava.com/activities/145518533?fb_action_ids=10152417020628418&fb_action_types=fitness.runs&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map=%5B821371987890995%5D&action_type_map=%5B%22fitness.runs%22%5D&action_ref_map=%5B%5D

• Like 1

Level 9 Tiefling Ranger/Scout

STR 9 DEX 16 CON 15 INT 10 WIS 13

Current challenge

Mordor: Hobbiton -> Rivendell (238/458 miles)

Water advice  Join the Circus!

Congratulations on your wins this challenge!

When your body says rest, it's usually okay to do so. Especially the week before your big goal run -- if you can avoid soreness as much as possible, you'll probably enjoy it more. Good luck!

As far as grading this challenge, I have met or exceeded my goals.

A for Being ready for my 5K.  CON

A for massively increasing my juggling skillset.  DEX

Juggling acheivements: around the arm/leg flip with a club. Tomahawk throws. Buugeng spinning. Rolling a ball from my knees to the bottoms of my feet, laying on my back.  W pattern with 3 balls being worked on, 2 balls now. Behind the neck rolls. Flourishes with clubs.  

Those are all very rough right now, I'll spend the next few months improving them.

Next challenge, continue with the juggling skills above, increase speed at the 5K, pushups!

• Like 1

Current challenge

Ok, thanks, I watched it. :-D

And we'll done for what was obviously a very successful challenge.

• Like 1

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

I want some advice. I have a major dentist appt on Wed. Have Thurs and Fri off, the race is Saturday. I've done a 3 miler once. This means I have one chance to train before the race... Thursday, with Friday to recover. What should I do? Should I push for 3 miles again or hold back to conserve energy.  A day and a half after the 3 mile run, I'm finally shaking off the soreness.

Advice pleeeeze???

BTW, I'm a teifling now. Teiflings are cool!

tiefling.jpg

• Like 1

Current challenge

No chance of going out early Friday morning?

If not, I'd say go for a shorter run in the Thursday. Let your muscles recover some springiness by the big day.

I'm not an expert though...

Those are good numbers. And a good challenge all round, I'd say.

Good luck tomorrow!

I did it. The course was in the shape of a giant tuning fork. haha  I had a great time. My son came and cheered for me. I worked a hard 11 hour work day, but was so excited I wasn't that tired.  An afternoon cup of coffee didn't hurt that, either.  I ran 90% of the course. When we started, it was 101F, but cooled down as we went. There were about 5 places where people were spraying their hoses on runners and it was much appreciated. 2 water stations, so I sipped and dumped the rest on my shirt. It really helped to cool down. The times I walked was because of overheating or pushing myself too hard.  The beginning of the race was really hard with everyone passing me and I was instinctively trying to keep up.  It took almost a half mile for me to find my pace.  I did a 16 minute mile, which according to my app, was consistent through the whole race, even when I walked. I finished strong, running the last half mile.

When it was all over with, I felt so proud I started to cry. A couple friends came over and congratulated me. I cooled off, got a massage and relaxed while watching a fire show.  The performers were excellent.

Strava report: https://www.facebook.com/TeresaRochester/activity/10152430759573418?notif_t=open_graph_action_like

• Like 1

Current challenge

Boom!

Well done! I really enjoyed reading this - your efforts paid off in bucketloads. And this is just the beginning, you know!

Way to go, Dizz!!! I'm so very, very proud of you! You're amazing and you've come so far! This is a huge achievement and you've done absolutely fantastically! ^___^

I'm so proud of you and to know you! <3 You're phenomenal! Keep up the amazing work, lady! :D

"No power in the 'verse can stop me."

Current Challenge: Stooshie is a Leaf on the Wind

Past Challenges: The road goes ever, ever on!

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines