AshPS- Back to Basics

AshPS

Ash!! Hi, and you're right, its time to tackle this sixth ( :o) challenge full on. :)

I'm just about to go and type up my post, and I will come right back here and link it or at least let you know. :)

Awesome goals, btw, and I know it sucks terribly to "step back and take it easy" but it's nothing you can't handle, and you'll be able to hammer the loss and gains, for size and weight respectively, in no time! Let's do this!!

WHOOOOOO HOOOOOO And YAAAAAAAAYYYYY!!!!!! :triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant:

It's my buddy!!! :D lol You better mister, I will be waiting. ;)

Yep, now Challenge ON!

Level 6 Pixie Assassin Rangerish Adventurer
Current Challenge: Guess What??
Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 12th 13th 14th  Battle Log
-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.
-Whatever doesn't kill me....Had better start running.

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.

Alrighty, tomorrow is day 1, Chest & Arm Day for me!

Let's make this day count! :triumphant:

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Good morning, Ash! :cheerful:

Here's to kicking off this challenge in style!

Good Morning swampling! :cheerful:

Ok, this was my reaction... :o:triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant:  :wub:

I couldn't believe you found that, lol!

I didn't requote it because seeing it on your post was simply perfect! :D

Awww, my friend, that made my morning. Love it, and gonna have it up for the morning's workout. ;)

(Matter of fact I think I will be adding that into my intro!)

Now, dust off those sugar monster slaying swords and go kick some butt!

HUGS! :love_heart:

• Like 1

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Love it that you love it! ;)

The glint of those freshly dusted off swords is keeping the monsters at bay, so far. :encouragement:

I'll have you know that there are still a couple of bars or Ritter Sport chocolate in our office kitchen, as well as a bowl full of Lindt chocolate eggs. So far I have been able to give them a wide berth.

:livid: (<= I'll borrow this emoticon for a bit, because I feel the above is absolutely snarl-worthy!)

Have a great C&A-Day! :cheerful:

• Like 1

Hobbit 

Challenges: 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9| 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

My shiny new "battle" log - probably more of a plodding-along log, but hey, it's mine!

Love it that you love it! ;)

The glint of those freshly dusted off swords is keeping the monsters at bay, so far. :encouragement:

I'll have you know that there are still a couple of bars or Ritter Sport chocolate in our office kitchen, as well as a bowl full of Lindt chocolate eggs. So far I have been able to give them a wide berth.

:livid: (<= I'll borrow this emoticon for a bit, because I feel the above is absolutely snarl-worthy!)

Have a great C&A-Day! :cheerful:

You are a most courageous woman swampling! Lindt Chocolate Eggs.....keep those swords close because those are little monsters indeed, lol.

Hah, that snarl thing is seriously funny. And that's it, just snarl at those sugar monsters and show them those shiny swords! :D

And done! You keep kicking butt my friend! :cheerful:

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Chest & Arms

(working sets only)

Flat DB Press:   4 sets of 6 (45 lbs)(5 lb raise), 2 sets of 16 (30 lbs total)

Incline DB Press:   3 sets of 8 (40 lbs), 2 sets of 15 (30 lbs total)

DB Curls:   3 sets of 6 (15 lbs each arm), 2 sets of 16 (10 lbs each arm)

Lying Tricep Extensions:   4 sets of 6 (25 lbs total), 1 set of 20 (20 lbs total)

Slow and steady climb back up. You know one thing deloading is good for? The mind. When you drops weights to a lower level your mind says "hey, that's easy- I want to do this, I want to raise those up, I'm stronger than that!' Instead of 'Holy crap this is heavy!' So, very good for burn out or plateauing. It brings back the desire to push again.
And I feel pretty confident in the continuing raises back up. Today's workout felt good mentally and physically again and that was something that had been missing lately. ;)

Now I just have to remind myself to follow coach's instructions and keep it reigned in a bit. :D

Hope everyone is out there CRUSHING Day 1!

• Like 3

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Chest & Arms

(working sets only)

Flat DB Press:   4 sets of 6 (45 lbs)(5 lb raise), 2 sets of 16 (30 lbs total)

Incline DB Press:   3 sets of 8 (40 lbs), 2 sets of 15 (30 lbs total)

DB Curls:   3 sets of 6 (15 lbs each arm), 2 sets of 16 (10 lbs each arm)

Lying Tricep Extensions:   4 sets of 6 (25 lbs total), 1 set of 20 (20 lbs total)

Slow and steady climb back up. You know one thing deloading is good for? The mind. When you drops weights to a lower level your mind says "hey, that's easy- I want to do this, I want to raise those up, I'm stronger than that!' Instead of 'Holy crap this is heavy!' So, very good for burn out or plateauing. It brings back the desire to push again.

And I feel pretty confident in the continuing raises back up. Today's workout felt good mentally and physically again and that was something that had been missing lately. ;)

Now I just have to remind myself to follow coach's instructions and keep it reigned in a bit. :D

Hope everyone is out there CRUSHING Day 1!

Off to a good start I see.

And ye deloads are great but for me it always feels like it takes so long to get back up to the heavy weights that I wanna get through ^^

And you have a personal coach? That's awesome.

• Like 1

Today I will do what others won't, so that tomorrow I can do what others can't

Battle Log - http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/43243-swes-path-fun-change/

WOOOOT! First day of the challenge, and you start it off with pretty raises! Way to go!

Great to hear that it went more than well! :cheerful:

Let the Happy Dancing begin! 

:triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant:

How's that fluid level? Rising and rising, I'd bet? ;)

• Like 1

Hobbit 

My shiny new "battle" log - probably more of a plodding-along log, but hey, it's mine!

Off to a good start I see.

And ye deloads are great but for me it always feels like it takes so long to get back up to the heavy weights that I wanna get through ^^

And you have a personal coach? That's awesome.

Thank you swe!  :)

Ah yep, that would be the difficult part of a deload. Unless you paln to just jump back to the heavier weight after a deload period that gradual rise can be a bit difficult to do. I already experienced the antsy feeling to just push the weights back up, but that wouldn't exactly help my cause and would most likely get me in trouble with my coach, lol. :playful:

Yes, a good friend of mine. He was on NF for awhile but has his own site now. His name is Michael and you can find him here;)

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

WOOOOT! First day of the challenge, and you start it off with pretty raises! Way to go!

Great to hear that it went more than well! :cheerful:

Let the Happy Dancing begin! 

:triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant:

How's that fluid level? Rising and rising, I'd bet? ;)

Lol, thank you my friend.  ;)

Happy Dancing begun!  :triumphant: :triumphant:

Lol, when I read that it really made me laugh because yeah, that's how it currently FEELS. :tongue: Halfway there and halfway through the day!

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Awesome goals Ash, love your positive goal to the start of this challenge! You've progressed really well and I like how you will continue to vary things up (esp. with your workouts) and stick to the core fundamentals.

And I agree, as we keep progressing onto new challenges and tackling new habits to make or issues to battle, we often lose a little focus on the basics, so I'm glad you have the opportunity to focus on them and really strengthen your core.

Also great start on the challenge!

Take care! ;-) x

P.s. Love the She-Hulk pic!

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

IntroductionBodyware: Fitness Journal

Challenge Belt: (1)(2)(3)(4), (5), (6), (7), [WOOT](8), [TEMP HIATUS], (9)

Bodyweight Info: Starting: 264.5lbs, Current: 167.8lbs (NEUTRAL)

IronGlider v2.10, Adventurer Rank: Level 8

Thank you swe!  :)

Ah yep, that would be the difficult part of a deload. Unless you paln to just jump back to the heavier weight after a deload period that gradual rise can be a bit difficult to do. I already experienced the antsy feeling to just push the weights back up, but that wouldn't exactly help my cause and would most likely get me in trouble with my coach, lol. :playful:

Yes, a good friend of mine. He was on NF for awhile but has his own site now. His name is Michael and you can find him here;)

Donar!!! I've been wanting to find his blog. Very inspiring. Thank you!!

• Like 1

Battle Log - http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/43243-swes-path-fun-change/

Awesome goals Ash, love your positive goal to the start of this challenge! You've progressed really well and I like how you will continue to vary things up (esp. with your workouts) and stick to the core fundamentals.

And I agree, as we keep progressing onto new challenges and tackling new habits to make or issues to battle, we often lose a little focus on the basics, so I'm glad you have the opportunity to focus on them and really strengthen your core.

Also great start on the challenge!

Take care! ;-) x

P.s. Love the She-Hulk pic!

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk

Awww, thank you IronGlider, you're awesome! :)

And very true. I think that the more of these challenges we do (speaking predominantly for myself ;) ) that we start to think each challenge must be bigger or greater than the last. And like deloading can be a really good reminder on keeping better form, sometimes I think going back to the basics and sharpening those can be very rejuvinating mentally and physically.

Thank you, that was a gift from swampling, lol. I've used the She-Hulk image before but hadn't seen that one. Really cool!  :)

• Like 1

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Donar!!! I've been wanting to find his blog. Very inspiring. Thank you!!

Yep, that's him! :)

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Of course I subbed the wrong thread :tongue:

Here I am, thx for the link :)

Absolutely! Glad you're here! ;)

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Day 1

Ok, so I will just say right now that today went swimmingly!  :D

I actually felt kinda like me again....running to the bathroom umpteen times, DOMS setting in (though not all that bad ;) ), giving myself a headache trying to fit macros together....yada, yada.... :tongue: All good though, lol! ;)

Seriously though,

Goal 1 Macros:

Totals 1,426 CAL (over 580) 156 CHO (over 19) 33 FAT (over 1)

126 PRO (under 9)

So the CAL, FAT, & PRO stayed within the range I set but the carbs were a weeeee bit higher. Not too bad for my first day back at this in awhile. I'm happy with it.

Goal 2 Fluids:

72 oz ! :triumphant: That is 8 oz over the 64 so WIN!

Goal 3 Workout:

Chest & Arm Day and it went well! Got a small raise in!  :)

Life Goal:

Project Clutter did not happen today. Had an unexpected visitor today that wound up taking up a chunk of the day. Though I realize now that I didn't set a schedule for this on the intro. Hmmm..probably go with the same as last challenge and aim for 3 days out of the week.

There it is, Day 1 down already and it was a good start!

Wish everyone a superior Tuesday!

• Like 3

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Good morning, my friend! :cheerful:

I'm happy to hear that the rest of Day 1 went swimmingly, too, and that you're already on track with feeling like yourself again!

:triumphant:

Here's to an equally successful Tuesday! :triumphant:

Have fun! And maybe, maybe the DOMS will hit you just a tiny bit harder, yet - and then you won't snicker as much, because snickering will hurt... :lol:

• Like 1

Hobbit 

Good Morning swampling! :cheerful:

Thank you! And I saw that small print! lol I don't think that if they were so bad I couldn't type I would say so NOW. :tongue:

And is swampling able to breathe without pain????

Well, I will be eagerly waiting to hear how today went, lol. :devilish: Have an awesome Tuesday my friend! ;)

HUGS....from a distance and not too hard. :nevreness:

• Like 1

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Breathing is a bit easier than yesterday, actually, but the rest is just so much more ouch. :D

Thank you for the careful hugs - those are doubly appreciated since I got mostly a lot of snickering from the FC as well! :lol: (He's been there, done that, got the DOMS, so he knows exactly what he's snickering about. ;) )

• Like 1

Hobbit 

Day 1

Ok, so I will just say right now that today went swimmingly!  :D

I actually felt kinda like me again....running to the bathroom umpteen times, DOMS setting in (though not all that bad ;) ), giving myself a headache trying to fit macros together....yada, yada.... :tongue: All good though, lol! ;)

Seriously though,

Goal 1 Macros:

Totals 1,426 CAL (over 580) 156 CHO (over 19) 33 FAT (over 1)

126 PRO (under 9)

So the CAL, FAT, & PRO stayed within the range I set but the carbs were a weeeee bit higher. Not too bad for my first day back at this in awhile. I'm happy with it.

Goal 2 Fluids:

72 oz ! :triumphant: That is 8 oz over the 64 so WIN!

Goal 3 Workout:

Chest & Arm Day and it went well! Got a small raise in!  :)

Life Goal:

Project Clutter did not happen today. Had an unexpected visitor today that wound up taking up a chunk of the day. Though I realize now that I didn't set a schedule for this on the intro. Hmmm..probably go with the same as last challenge and aim for 3 days out of the week.

There it is, Day 1 down already and it was a good start!

Wish everyone a superior Tuesday!

Solid start :) Are you going to be logging ur workouts? I'm curious as to what you're doing :P

I know you're taking it a bit easier this challenge but how thorough are you usually with tracking macros? So far I'm just tracking protein and calories and sort of cycling carbs and fats for on and off days (simply because at current calories it's hard to get the protein i need AND sufficient carbs after a workout and still get enough fat throughout the day).

So I'm curious on what your approach is 

• Like 1

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines