• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Haku

Haku becoming a lady

Daily progress (need to get at least 80%)

88.1%
88.1%

Weekly progress (need to get at least 80%)

80.0%
80.0%

Right, so I've been spending months and months to try and lose weight and I simply couldn't do it. I've been wondering what it is that makes me eat so unhealthy. On the one hand I know I am dealing with a serious sugar addiction, but there is something more. I found out that it is mainly my lack of confidence, my lack of self-worth and the feeling that I am not supposed to be somewhere and that I'm generally perceived as a burden. Which is a lot to deal with. And this is in my way, because when I'm sad and don't feel well I start eating unhealthy stuff. Not handy when you don't feel well 24/7 and you're trying to lose weight. That's why I thought it would be best to make myself a challenge where I will build up self-confidence and shape myself like someone who is worth attention, who is fun to be with. 

I need to change the image I have of myself.

When I imagine the future, I think of myself as a successful person, having the looks, having the style a lady has. I see myself as a strong woman who is able to deal with the problems that come onto her path, who knows what she wants and who knows how to reach her goals and dreams. I see myself with enough energy, I see myself being happy working together with other people on a big project. But when I look at myself now, I am not even close to how I imagine myself in a few years. So the best way to get there is to imagine clear things that I would need to change to become that person that I want to be. 

I think someone is a lady when they are able to take care of themselves properly, they should live healthy. As you all know this means a clean diet and enough exercise, but I see taking care of yourself also as making sure you look decent. I see someone as a lady when they know how to dress. They can look amazingly neat and still have some casualness over them and with that style they are able to go around in any social level. A lady should know how to behave. They are fun, witty, but they shouldn't be obnoxious in their behaviour. 

As you can see, there are a lot of things I think a lady should do or be, and there are many of those things that I am not (yet), even though I have already started working on myself a bit. I have a huge list of clear things that I want to change, so I am just going to put it down here.

Health:

- Sleep 9+ hours each night

- Have my pills every day

- Eat veggies every day

- Eat fruit every day

- Drink 1.5+ liters of water every day

- Cut down the sugar (if not leaving it away all together)

- Exercise at least once a week

Behaviour:

- Don't pick at my face in public

- Don't talk loudly

- Let others finish their sentences

- Stop swearing entirely (already didn't swear so much)

- Stop pulling weird faces, especially in front of camera's

- Plan homework time each day (unless I don't have any homework of course)

Appearance:

- Do a facial mask once a week

- Wear nice clothes as often as possible, maybe buy some more

- Make sure my fingernails are clean

- Have a good posture (start with this every morning)

Knowledge:

- Check the news 3+ times a week 

- Broaden my vocabulary by looking up each word that I don't know and writing them down

- Start reading my Shakespeare book

As you can see, there is a lot that I want to change. It really is a lot. There are many things that cannot be graded, so I will just try and pay attention to them throughout the day. They will be important things, but they will not be graded in this challenge. What I am planning to do is to make myself a list of daily/weekly things that I need to do and every day I can cross of the things I've done. I've done this in my 2nd challenge and it worked really well for me, so that's what I'm going to do again.

There are a few more things that I want to do, beside becoming a lady, namely writing down all that I eat and drink (to become more aware of my habits) and to keep track of how much money I spend, because I feel I am not having control over that. These are not things that I will grade, but since I am doing this challenge I thought it would be handy to just keep track of it here and have everything together. I also have multiple life goals, as they are all smaller things that I need to achieve in the coming 6 weeks. It's more like a to-do-list, but I'm definitely planning on winning them.

And now a clear explanation of how I'm going to rock this challenge.

Daily checklist: (need to win 6 out of 8 each day to win a day)

- Sleep 9+ hours

- Check posture

- Have my pills

- Eat veggies

- Eat fruit

- Drink 1.5+ liters of water

- Plan homework time

- Not buy any food/drinks in school

Weekly checklist: (need to win all of them to win a week)

- Exercise

- Facial mask

- Check news 3+ times

Life goals: (need to win at least 5 out of 8)

- Pass theory exam motorbike WIN

- Pass 1st practical exam motorbike WIN

- Finish still standing commissions

- Finish the books I'm currently reading ("Het Tiende Inzicht" and "Popular Tales from Norse Mythology") WIN

- Give Myke's DVDs back WIN

- Organise minor

- Start reading Marvel comics I got on my Marvel profile

- Email Marvel WIN

Stats

I haven't figured out the stat points yet, that I will get if I win this challenge. Will do so soon.

My current stats are:

Level 2 Human Sorcerer-in-training (Druid guild seems like the option that fits best to being a sorcerer)

STR 1 - DEX 1 - STA 1 - CON 3 - WIS 3 - CHA 4

Measurements at start of challenge:

Weight  - 88.2 kg

Waist    - 92 cm

Hips      - 110 cm

Thigh    - 64 cm

Week 1 (3x news, 2x exercise, 1x facial mask) WIN (max 5 wins)

Day 1 WIN - Day 2 WIN - Day 3 WIN - Day 4 WIN - Day 5 WIN - Day 6 WIN - Day 7 WIN (total 7)

Week 2 (2x news, 1x exercise, 1x facial mask) Almost win (4 wins)

Day 8 WIN - Day 9 WIN - Day 10 WIN - Day 11 FAIL - Day 12 FAIL - Day 13 WIN - Day 14 WIN (total 5)

Week 3 (3x news, 1x exercise, 1x facial mask) WIN (5 wins)

Day 15 WIN - Day 16 WIN - Day 17 WIN - Day 18 WIN - Day 19 WIN - Day 20 WIN - Day 21 WIN (total 7)

Week 4 (2x news, 0x exercise, 1x facial mask) Kind of fail (3 wins)

Day 22 WIN - Day 23 WIN - Day 24 WIN - Day 25 WIN - Day 26 FAIL - Day 27 WIN - Day 28 WIN (total 6)

Week 5 (2x news, 0x exercise, 1x facial mask) Win-ish (3 wins)

Day 29 WIN - Day 30 WIN - Day 31 WIN - Day 32 WIN - Day 33 WIN - Day 34 WIN - Day 35 WIN (total 7)

Week 6 (3x news, 1x exercise, 0x facial mask)

Day 36 WIN - Day 37 WIN - Day 38 WIN - Day 39 FAIL - Day 40 WIN - Day 41 WIN - Day 42

(Daily total 37 wins - Weekly total 24 wins)

• Like 1

Well, I just had a go at the BBWW and I survived. I've done 2 rounds of exercises and I am exhausted. Sweat is pouring down my face. But I did the whole thing and I am proud of myself. It was a test to see if I could do these things here at home, since I live in a student house, but it works. I can do the warming up outside, the jumping jacks >can< be done inside, but it's best to do those outside too. Anyway, I've found this test to be successful and this will be something I can easily do at home when I don't feel like going to the gym. I won't have any excuses now hahaha!

loki%20gif.gif

• Like 2

Haku

I get so many thoughts. Very inspiring and a little provoking. You need to change the image you have of yourself you write...

Advice; starting from being ok with yourself and working upwards from that. This is probably a factor that will improve success. What I mean is that while we do have things that we would like to change it is easy to lose energy through being discontent.  

Also

"do not speak loudly"

Take care that you do not restrain yourself too much. Speaking loudly can be soo much fun;-)

Well done on having a sleep goal, it creates better possibilities for ALL the other goals !

What I mean is that while we do have things that we would like to change it is easy to lose energy through being discontent.  

Thanks, Eve. I'm very well aware of this. It is not so much that I >hate< myself. I just feel like I could be so much more than I am now. I try to stay positive about myself, it is something I am keeping in mind for a very long time already. (Probably more than a year) I look in the mirror a lot and tell myself I love me, just to eventually get myself to believe it. n_n

Its-something.jpg

Anyway, I understand that speaking loudly can be a lot of fun, but it really depends on the situation. It's mostly that I want to reduce my volume of speech when I'm having a normal conversation. I need to focus on my hara-point when I talk so I will be heard, instead of speaking louder to try and be heard. I suppose I wasn't too clear on that one. :P

And yes, sleep goals for the win. Hehe. Sleep is so important, many people seem to forget that.

Haku, reading your post hits home for me. I have been in a similar boat as you for.. my whole life. Even our goals are quite similar. I want you to know that you're not alone. Anything and everything you want to become or achieve will eventually be yours. Don't give up!! I'll be following you and cheering you on. :)

• Like 1

Haku, reading your post hits home for me. I have been in a similar boat as you for.. my whole life. Even our goals are quite similar. I want you to know that you're not alone. Anything and everything you want to become or achieve will eventually be yours. Don't give up!! I'll be following you and cheering you on. :)

It's great to hear I'm not alone indeed. Cool. Thank you so much for the supportive words, I will definitely make sure I will rock this challenge. :D Thank you.

• Like 1

Day one.

I've measured and weighed myself to see where I currently am with that. At the end of the challenge I will measure and weigh myself again and see how much change there is. 

Anyway, here's the daily list I need to check off.

- Sleep 9+ hours WIN

- Check posture WIN

- Have my pills WIN

- Eat veggies WIN

- Eat fruit WIN

- Drink 1.5+ liters of water WIN

- Plan homework time WIN - did it even earlier than planned, so I can have a pizza party with a good friend

- Not buy any food/drinks in school WIN

8/8 wins! Great way to start this challenge. Win all of my daily goals! :D

Spent:

€9.95 - pizza

€1.00 - mini dessert

€2.95 - Prince Mini Stars

-------------------------------

€13.90 total

• Like 1

If I was you I'd try some Yoga.

If done with heart it will place your focus on your inner core to balance your outer self.  It makes you think about balance and being straight and grounded and gives you time to think about 'yourself'.

• Like 1

If I was you I'd try some Yoga.

If done with heart it will place your focus on your inner core to balance your outer self.  It makes you think about balance and being straight and grounded and gives you time to think about 'yourself'.

I don't know much about Yoga, to be honest. It might be worth a try some time. 

First I need to balance a few other things though, just to get the basics of my life working.

It will definitely be something to keep in mind for a future challenge. 

Great first day! I agree with trying yoga. It will make a huge difference in how you feel about yourself from the first class. :) Luckily yoga is getting megasuperpopular so it'll be easy to find a class, as well as discounts on classes!

Great. Yes, I'll have a look at it. I probably won't be following classes, as that'd be too expensive for me. I'm already paying for the gym. I did find a website on yoga, though, which I will read soon, to get some more knowledge about it and try things out. I'll have the example on my computer with my exercise mat right under me. ^_^

Tonight I was spontaneous. My friend invited me to come over to her place and order Domino's together. I wasn't planning on having pizza, as I wanted to have a really healthy first day of the challenge, but in the end I decided to go along with the idea, since I'm almost never spontaneous. I decided it would be good for me to be spontaneous for a change. I'm always a bit scared that everything in my planning will go completely wrong. But I did it anyway tonight. Pity it was so unhealthy, but since I was eating that pizza anyway I made sure I enjoyed it. We watched 2 Batman episodes from the first animated series. :) It was lots of fun, although I think I'll have to see those episodes again. (She talks during films, anyone have tips on how to deal with such people? xD )

So now I'm home again, having something to drink, so I get my 1.5L of water on a day. Tomorrow I'll be strict on myself again. I'll have a proper evening meal again that is not unhealthy. n_n As usual.

• Like 1

I dont pay for yoga. I did purchase a good mat, some yoga pants and top for about $10 each at a second hand store and got a second hand video for $5 second hand. There are numerous videos you can rent/ borrow through the library. Yoga it truly cost effective and a great way to improve posture and internal balance. I nearly always start the warm up with an amazing herbal tea, and end in the same fashion.

And when I get pizza I get a store bought, thin crust with spinach or something of the like. You can have half the pizza and only use 30 carbs. Its a fair trade off calorie speaking.

I dont pay for yoga. I did purchase a good mat, some yoga pants and top for about $10 each at a second hand store and got a second hand video for $5 second hand. There are numerous videos you can rent/ borrow through the library. Yoga it truly cost effective and a great way to improve posture and internal balance. I nearly always start the warm up with an amazing herbal tea, and end in the same fashion.

How important are yoga pants for yoga? Do you have to have yoga pants, or can you also do yoga in just regular sweatpants?

And when I get pizza I get a store bought, thin crust with spinach or something of the like. You can have half the pizza and only use 30 carbs. Its a fair trade off calorie speaking.

When I eat pizza, I'm eating it good. If I am still looking at the calories and carbs and whatnot I will not enjoy my pizza as much. If I don't enjoy my pizza like I normally would, I might've just kept it out of my food entirely. That's why, when I eat pizza, I make sure I get the one I really like. I need to keep an eye on the costs I make, so I won't be doing this often. And since I'm not doing this often, I'm not going to pay attention to counting calories or carbs. That takes away too much of the fun of eating pizza. I know it's bad eating a pizza in the first place, I don't want to know exactly >how< bad it is when I'm eating it, or I'll be eating it in a depressed state of mind.

Day 2

- Sleep 9+ hours FAIL

- Check posture WIN

- Have my pills WIN

- Eat veggies WIN

- Eat fruit WIN

- Plan homework time (no homework planned for today, won't have the time with other appointments. Auto-win. 

- Not buy any food/drinks in school FAIL

- 6 wins today. I pass this day too. Yay!

Breakfast: 2 slices of bread with liverpathé and jam, two cups of milk

Snack: Little bit of chicken, some mushrooms, some cherry tomatoes

Lunch: The rest of the chicken, mushrooms and tomatoes

Snack: Hot chocolate, 2 stroopwafels

Diner: Green smoothie (spinach/banana/mandarin)

Evening: Iced coffee

3 x 0.5L bottles of water

Spendings:

€1.15 Hot chocolate

€0.80 Stroopwafels 

€0.25 Plastic bag

€4.29 Mandarins

€1.99 Starbucks iced coffee 

€1.49 Bananas

€2.17 Apples

€1.12 Coconut pieces

€2.49 Spelt bread

---------------------------

€15.75 total

• Like 1

You can do yoga in sweats. When I began our weight loss journey I told myself when I hit a certain goal id go to LouLouLemon and get a pair as a 'reward' to self (I dont give myself many expensive gifts). But the day I was to go I stopped by Value village to drop off some old clothes on route to the mall and found a perfectly flattering pair of Danskins yoga pants for $10. LOVE them and 2 great tops: one roots and another 'name brand' (I think I actually got a LueLuLemon but it's not my favorite...too binding.

Either way. Wear what is comfortable, I just find yoga pants MADE to feel like you are wearing nothing....i like that!

A big part of successful weight loss IS about reading content information. I dont count calories or 'track' food per say, but if I've been eating Paleo 3 days out of a week and I eat rice sushi one day (2 carbs) and I get to the weekend and see that I've eaten a grand total of 30 carbs in a 5 day span, and I'm purposely choosing Pizza that is thin crust and only another 30 carbs PER HALF, I dont feel anything but happy, because I have educated myself on how to create a working rating plan that allows me flexibility and sustainable weight management.

Now there are times I dont 'count'. Like we were at a family dinner the other night and my diet partner wanted a piece of Cheesecake. So I also partook, but at a half portion. I want her to understand its ok to eat "socially", and enjoy what the world has to offer, in moderation.

You can do yoga in sweats.

Either way. Wear what is comfortable, I just find yoga pants MADE to feel like you are wearing nothing....i like that!

A big part of successful weight loss IS about reading content information. I dont count calories or 'track' food per say, but if I've been eating Paleo 3 days out of a week and I eat rice sushi one day (2 carbs) and I get to the weekend and see that I've eaten a grand total of 30 carbs in a 5 day span, and I'm purposely choosing Pizza that is thin crust and only another 30 carbs PER HALF, I dont feel anything but happy, because I have educated myself on how to create a working rating plan that allows me flexibility and sustainable weight management.

Yoga in sweatpants it is, then. xD I don't think I'd feel too happy about yoga pants, to be honest. Ah well.

You don't really count calories, but you're still counting carbs. I suppose it's good that you do that, since you're trying to teach your daughter about eating healthy, but it won't work for me. I hate having to keep track of what I eat and what value of ANYTHING it would be. I'm already paying attention by writing down everything I eat and drink this challenge, that should already be something, but I am not going to count calories, nor carbs for that matter. I've tried before, it just doesn't do the trick for me. Of course it's alright to eat socially, but that's mostly when you don't need something, like a dessert. If you've had a normal meal you don't need a dessert. That is social eating. But when you are actually having a meal with friends I see it as just eating, while being social. It's different in my opinion. 

Anyway, I'm sure I'll get there. I'm just paying attention to what I eat, trying to stay away from sugary things (which is hard in itself) and hopefully be able to lose some kilo's this challenge. But mostly I just want to change myself and my lifestyle from being sloppy to being a lady. That's my main goal. Anything else can come later. This needs to be done first.

Today was a fairly productive day. I emailed Ghent again about the minor and I emailed Cambridge again too. I got a vague reply from both. Ghent said that it was difficult getting in with the Film study and Cambridge told me to send the email to a different person. So nothing clear is being done here yet, but at least I've got some contact again, which is good. 

I also had a motorbike lesson again today. It was very stressful. Thursday I have to do my theory exam and I'm pretty stressed out about that. On top of that came a fight which happened right on the parking lot where we were practicing. It was a fight between an instructor from a different driving school and an older man, who was an ex-student from that school. The man came to ask for the money from the lessons he hadn't used. He already had so many lessons and still hadn't done an exam, so in the end he changed driving schools and wanted his money back. The instructor from his old driving school became VERY aggressive. He pushed the man around, threw cones at his head and in the end pulled out a baseball bat and hit the guy with it... I can tell you, I wasn't very concentrated on my exercises anymore. O_O To be honest, I was pretty scared that he would come over to us or something... Anyway, in the end 2 police vans arrived and talked to the two men and to some bystanders. I hope everything's alright with that older guy. I'm still trembling a bit right now. At the moment we were talking about it after my lesson I laughed a lot, as a reaction to the stress. It was clear it wasn't my real laugh. *shiver* It was scary for sure.

Anyway, now it's time for me to wash my hair and then practice some theory. Hopefully I'll pass my exam at once. 

Haku,

I have questions about what you have said. Please don't see it as a criticism, rather than an attempt to clarify and understand your goal on my part.

I count carbs for a specific reason. Mostly I have seen by monitoring diet in the past that the abundance of Carbs in mine, and the average persons diet, is excessive. The only reason I don't eat Palio entirely is that I like sushi and some other foods that require pasta. So when we do partake I'm not exactly 'counting' anymore. The lack of carbs is really just an unspoken given, AND as you say, educating my daughter is a key factor.

So my question to you is 2 part. If you are writing down your foods what will you do with those findings? Isn't the idea behind that to adjust either carbs/calories/ or sugars (which is carbs essentially).

I'm not trying to be critical. You couldn't pay me to count calories. That's why I've chosen Paleo as a dietary path. Its relatively uncomplicated to follow.

Hi :3 I'm not too late this time around. I'm so happy you have the bbww a try. I fully believe that regular exercise improved my self image. It's still not quite where I'd like to be, but almost every time i look in the mirror i gotta smile. It looks like you've gotten alot dished on your plate for this challenge. Good luck with all of it. And yoga is quite a bit of fun, and an excellent workout. I don't do much, but a few of my poses count i think.

Isn't it nice how body weight stuff can be done anywhere, and free? No gym required :P Maybe some day I can convert you to an Assassin for a challenge XD

ðŸº

If you are writing down your foods what will you do with those findings? Isn't the idea behind that to adjust either carbs/calories/ or sugars (which is carbs essentially).

I'm so sorry for my reaction. It was probably a bit... harsh. I didn't mean to be harsh, it's just that it felt like there were too many things coming at me, since I already have so many things I'm working on in this challenge. And they're all good ideas, but I just don't think I should add them to this challenge, otherwise I'll overload myself. And because I felt I was being overloaded I started to panic.. I'm sorry.

To answer your question... I always have the idea I'm eating healthy-ish and that the only thing is the sugar I eat. I don't have a clear idea of how much sugary stuff I actually eat and I want to become aware of that. Besides that, writing everything down helps me to control what I eat, because every time I put something in my mouth I have to write it down. In the end I feel bad if it's something bad I have to write down and I feel proud when it's something healthy I can write down. In that way it's a psychological thing that helps me to eat better too. :)

Hi :3 I'm not too late this time around. I'm so happy you have the bbww a try. I fully believe that regular exercise improved my self image. It's still not quite where I'd like to be, but almost every time i look in the mirror i gotta smile. It looks like you've gotten alot dished on your plate for this challenge. Good luck with all of it. And yoga is quite a bit of fun, and an excellent workout. I don't do much, but a few of my poses count i think.

Isn't it nice how body weight stuff can be done anywhere, and free? No gym required :tongue: Maybe some day I can convert you to an Assassin for a challenge XD

No, you're not too late. Nice to see you here. Great that you managed so much with just the exercises you did at home, that's really cool. I'll get there too, some day. I'll see about the yoga, maybe I'll try a bit this challenge, but I'll probably save it for a later challenge, because like you said I have a lot on my plate. 

Hahaha, you're really keen on getting me to the Assassin's side, aren't you? ;) How come you want me to do that so badly? (just curious) I'm afraid free running isn't the sport for me. I'm not very good at that and probably never will be, due to bad rough motorics.. But who knows, maybe I can climb on things. *giggle*

Day 3

- Sleep 9+ hours WIN

- Check posture WIN

- Have my pills WIN

- Eat veggies WIN

- Eat fruit WIN

- Plan homework time (eat, work on theory for exam tomorrow, get everything done) WIN

- Not buy any food/drinks in school WIN

8/8 wins.

Breakfast: 2 slices of bread. One with liver pathé and jam, the other with salami. 2 cups of soy milk.

Snack: 0.5L water, pieces of coconut

Lunch: 0.5L green smoothie (spinach, apple, banana)

Snack: a whole pack of biscuits - I fail so hard (T_T)  And an apple... And 5 cappuccino chocolate eggs. *facedesk*

Diner: Mushrooms, tomatoes and a bit of cucumber, 0.5L water

Snack: 15 chocolate eggs, 0.5L of water

Late night snack: 1 cup of herbal tea, 4 Bastogne biscuits

Today's a very bad day when it comes to sugary stuff. *sigh* I can get so tired of myself with these things...

Spendings:

€20.00 phone credit

€5.95 Quest magazine

€1.92 Facial mask

€0.99 Biscuits

€0.84 Bastogne biscuits 

€1.75 Milk chocolate easter eggs

€0.88 Cappuccino chocolate easter eggs

--------------------------------------

€32.33 total

Read a bit in the newspaper that I found in school, so that means news... Which is good. 1 down, 2 more times to go this week. 

• Like 1

Day 4

- Sleep 9+ hours WIN

- Check posture WIN

- Have my pills WIN

- Eat veggies WIN

- Eat fruit WIN

- Plan homework time (nothing planned, win by default)

- Not buy any food/drinks in school (not going to school, win by default)

8/8 win

Breakfast: 2 slices of bread with salami, 1 cup of soy milk

Snack: 1 cup of hot chocolate (at the restaurant where I had to wait for my theory exam... Which I passed. YAY!)

Lunch: Banana, 8 Bastogne biscuits (Gah why... T_T) , an apple and 0.5L water

Snack: cup of tea with 7 Bastogne biscuits (Again... why?) and 0.5L water

Pre-dinner: 0.5L water

Dinner: 3 eggs (scrambled) and a red and yellow paprika. 

Snack: 25 chocolate eggs (I give up on not having sugar today) two cups of tea, a bit of water

Spendings:

€2.50 Hot chocolate

Usefulness of today:

- Passed theory motorbike

- Tidied my room

- Put the trash outside

- Did laundry (3 shifts)

- Hung laundry to dry (3 shifts)

- Dish washing

- Beginner Body Weight Workout (2 rounds, not 3)

- Washed my hair (and shaved my legs)

- Did a facial mask