Doing weights with sore muscles???

On Friday I did a Boxing Circuit class at my gym, which pushed me far harder than I would normally push myself, and I was exhausted and proud to get through. However, many squats and my first ever burpees later, my abs and quads are still really quite sore, and I'm due for my next weights session on Monday morning. (It's Sunday night in Melbourne, Australia).

I've spent the weekend doing gentle exercise - going on a long walk with my boyfriend on Saturday and doing a long yoga class this morning, in the hope that the soreness will subside. While it's lots better than it was, I'm a bit concerned about doing weights tomorrow. Is it unsafe/a problem for me to do weights with my body still in pain from the last intense day I did?

I'm going to the gym regardless, just wanted some thoughts.

I used to avoid training sore muscles and it wasn't as good (at either training results or clearing stale soreness)

I did the same thing. My biceps where extremely sore for over a week. Then my father told me to quit bitchin and go to the gym and train my biceps. The next day I didn't feel a thing ( compared to the day before ). :)

yes you should lift weights with sore muscles. If you avoid using them, you're just prolonging the soreness.

This is true. Plus, working your muscles will actually make them feel better as you get the blood flowing to them. Emphasize form on the first couple of reps, and then things will smooth out.

Repairing a lifetime of bad habits...

Unless you're truly in pain, like unable to walk properly because your quads won't support you, I'd say going to the gym and lifting is the best thing you can do. Not moving allows your muscles to tighten up even more while training will help them loosen up.

If your truly in pain and can't walk, you should definetly go work out. You don't have to to a squat, but you can do a leggpress machine. And it doesn't have to be superheavy. If you're so sore you can't walk the day after, you should train again, not heavy but easy. Cause day 2 and day 3 will get worse