I'm ready and raring for my first challenge! I want to be tip top for this summer, and to do that I need to buckle down.

So here are my goals:

Main Quest:

Drop 10 lbs whilst gaining muscle mass!

Side Quests:

1. Follow CouchTo5K 

2. Complete the first set of Bodyweight exercises in regime 

3. Follow daily diet plan including juicing and high protein content, eliminating processed foods wherever possible

Life Goal:

Finish my exams and papers! Don't let the stress of it all get to me.

• Like 3

Lvl 2 Gray Elf Assassin

My Challenges: 1, 2, 3

STR 3 - DEX 2 - STA 5 - CON 3 - WIS 6 - CHA 3

"The secret to getting ahead in life is getting started." - Mark Twain

Looks solid. Do you have a way to grade these things? Are all of these pass/fail? Or like, if you miss a couple of days you get a 'B' or something?  Also- if you get injured or sick, are you just going to power through, or will there be some leeway?

Do you have a way to measure your weight loss progress besides with just a scale? A lot of people go by clothes sizes or they tape measure certain spots : thighs, waist, bust, etc.  If you're trying to drop 10 lb of fat and gain muscle, on the scale it might not register as that. A lot of people get discouraged that way so just make sure to keep that in mind.

• Like 1

Howdy FirstMateNora!

Greetings from the Assassins Guild! (Stealthy greetings) I'm dropping in because you're doing bodyweight workouts. Nice! We assassins can help if you have questions about bodyweight work. Feel free to drop on by. I, or another ambassador, will be by weekly to make sure things are going well and that you're rocking the challenge!

I would echo Teros above regarding grading and measuring your progress. The scale can definitely be fickle. Apart from measurements, progress photos might also be helpful for you. Of course, you don't have to share the photos: just your having them may make the changes more visible!

Glad to have you in the Rebelliion!

• Like 1

Sea Level

Vintage Sea-elf Assassin

Current Challenge: Sea Level I : Respawn
Pro Aris et Focis

"To the Sea, to the Sea! The white gulls are crying, The wind is blowing, and the white foam is flying."

I have my waist and hip measurements to go by, and a pair of calipers, though I'm not sure how much I trust them. They say I'm at 20-21% BF, but I'm a defined hourglass shape, and I don't really carry much weight on my stomach. I lost about 25lbs through diet alone already, and now I want to work on the rest through a more sustainable and healthy method. 

As for grading, I think you're right and I should have a more complete system in place. I think the main quest will be harder to determine, and I'll just have to go by how I feel at the end of the 6 weeks and my measurements.  Currently I'm at 28in waist and 40in hips. I'd like to shave a couple inches off of both. As for photos...I don't actually own a full length mirror. /: I suppose I could as my roommate or bf. I would like to see some real progress through pictures. 

Side Quest Grading:

Quest One:

A: Complete C25K Every other day, as prescribed by program

B: Complete C25K Every other day, or alternate cardio workout (bicycling, zumba, etc)

C: Complete C25K/Cardio Workout At least 2 Times per week

D: Complete C25K/Cardio Workout At least 1 time per week

F: Fail at life and do no cardio (this ain't happenin')

Quest Two:

A: Complete all 6 Weeks of Bodyweight Workout, making sure to exercise every other day

B: Miss no more than one bbww sessions every other week

C: Miss no more than one bbww sessions ever week

D: Miss no more than three bbww sessions over a two week period

F: Miss three or more bbww sessions over a three week period

Quest Three:

A: Follow juicing and diet plan as laid out every weekend (with one off-day already included), making sure to consume AT LEAST one fresh veg juice each day, and only eating gluten/bread 1-2 times per week 

B: Follow juicing and diet plan as laid out every weekend, with one to two meals exchanged by eating out, making sure to consume AT LEAST one fresh veg juice each day and only eating gluten/bread 2-3 times per week

C: Following juicing and diet plan as laid out, with 3-4 meals exchanged by eating out, consuming only one fresh veg juice per day and eating gluten/bread 2-3 times per week. 

D: Following juicing and diet plan as laid out, with 3-4 meals exchanged by eating out, consuming only one fresh veg juice per day and eating gluten/bread 4-5 times per week. 

F: Throwing my juicing and diet plan to the wind and gorging myself on donuts, pizza, pasta, and delicious, delicious fried food. But seriously, not juicing and not making my own meals.

Also, I'm interested in (after the Adventurer gig) trying to do a combo of Assassin/Monk. I'm hoping after finishing my dissertation this summer I'll be moving to a bigger city that has regular BJJ/Krav Maga classes that I can take. Unfortunately, I'm stuck in a small town until then. 

• Like 1

Lvl 2 Gray Elf Assassin

Did somebody say assassins? :playful:

I just thought I'd drop by and say hi and make sure that Teros wasn't casting dispersions on the noble guild who like to hide in the shadows!

If you want some advices on some BW exercises, feel free to ask us anything, here or even in the assassins general chat thread:

http://rebellion.ner...al-chat-thread/

If you wish to find people with similar workout, we have the wonderful Assassin phonebook: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/46786-the-assassin-phonebook/

Good luck for your challenge and I’ll drop in again on you soon to check that you’re going strong! Don't be a stranger and come visit us.

• Like 1

Week 1 Update! It's been a so-so week, health goal-wise, but thankfully this coming week will be way less stressful.

Quest One

Grade Achieved: B

Didn't do C25K every other day, but did do cardio. 

Quest Two

Grade Achieved: A

Managed to do the BBWW every other day when not doing cardio. 

Quest Three

Grade Achieved: C

Unfortunately, stress from essay writing and a poorly timed conference effed with my diet. I ate gluten way more than planned and ate out twice. I also snacked a heck of a lot more than I meant to, but chocolate is a really effective tool for writer's block.

Life Quest

Grade Achieved: Part one- pass. Finished major essay due, but I still have exams in a few weeks.

Also adding a picture of my cat helping me write this past week.

• Like 2

Lvl 2 Gray Elf Assassin

Week 2 Update! Chocolate and bread are my weakness, but I kept up the pace with exercise. Now to just get everything in alignment...

Quest One

C25K every other day! I even did an extra day this week.

Quest Two

Quest Three

Cookies. Cookies today, cookies yesterday and some cheese-stuffed bread made by a friend on Wednesday, which was delicious but counter-acting all the goddamn work I've been doing. I'm hoping I can be better about Gluten-free this week, and keeping myself on track. However, the cookies were nutella filled, so at least I broke my diet with something really quite tasty, not just junk-food. 

Life Quest

Grade Achieved: Still awaiting grade from the essay. Plus I have an oral exam this week. Hopefully that goes well. 

Oh and here's another picture of Pippopotamus. My snuggle-bug and exercise companion, though she doesn't fully understand the concept of what a yoga mat is for if not sleeping on...

• Like 3

Lvl 2 Gray Elf Assassin

I'm getting my degree in Middle Eastern Security Studies and writing my dissertation on the strategic non-involvement and involvement of the military in the Arab Uprisings of Egypt and Tunisia and what this means for the stability and future of democracy in each country. Obviously, I can't cover everything in a 15k word dissertation, but I hope to make a decent overview. 

If the writing gets to be too much that pizza might overcome my better senses...Hopefully it won't come to that! As for cardio, I do a solid 20-30 min per day by necessity since I live a 10 min uphill bike ride to the library, and I have to go daily for one reason or another. That's the one nice thing about not having a car. That alone has put me in much better shape than eight months ago when I started my degree. 

• Like 1

Lvl 2 Gray Elf Assassin

Quest Three

Cookies. Cookies today, cookies yesterday and some cheese-stuffed bread made by a friend on Wednesday, which was delicious but counter-acting all the goddamn work I've been doing. I'm hoping I can be better about Gluten-free this week, and keeping myself on track. However, the cookies were nutella filled, so at least I broke my diet with something really quite tasty, not just junk-food. 

Really may be the only reason to break your diet. (Angry/relieved that I don't have nutella in my apartment right now.)

• Like 1

I think I'll withhold judgment on how good/impressive my dissertation is until I get a job with it! It's a tough market out there.

As for the cookies/Nutella, I'm a baker. Normally I make gluten-free, low sugar, protein-rich treats, but I had a specific request for these cookies and I couldn't say no. I'm planning on going back to my healthier recipes now, especially since I felt like crud yesterday after eating them.

Lvl 2 Gray Elf Assassin

Week 2 Update! Chocolate and bread are my weakness, but I kept up the pace with exercise. Now to just get everything in alignment...

Quest One

C25K every other day! I even did an extra day this week.

Quest Two

Quest Three

Life Quest

Grade Achieved: Still awaiting grade from the essay. Plus I have an oral exam this week. Hopefully that goes well. 

Oh and here's another picture of Pippopotamus. My snuggle-bug and exercise companion, though she doesn't fully understand the concept of what a yoga mat is for if not sleeping on...

Good work with the cardio and BBWW and don't worry too much about the food, I'm pretty sure Nutella doesn't count as bad food- it's got nuts in so it must been healthy. :playful:

Also, your cat is right that a yoga mat can be used for sleeping on, have you not heard of the Dead Man's Pose?

savasana.jpg

• Like 1

Dead man's pose would quickly turn into a full on nap with me and Pippi. She's a terrible influence. 

I decided I should share one of my favorite healthy recipes as a motivator for me to make these brownies instead of the naughty kind.

1c Almond Butter (if no salt added, be sure to add 1/2 tsp salt to the recipe) 

1 1/2c shredded zucchini

1/3c raw cacao powder

1/2c raw honey

2 eggs (medium)

1 tsp vanilla

1 tsp baking soda

Cinnamon and nutmeg to taste 

1c dark chocolate chips (split in half)

Pre-heat oven to 350 deg F

In a food processor, combine all but half the chocolate chips until smooth

Fold in remaining chocolate chips

Pour into greased 9x9 pan

Bake 35-45 min, or until toothpick comes out mostly clean

This brownies remain slightly lighter than other gf options, but still have that beautiful fudgy chocolatey-ness that we all crave. It's a perfect after workout snack.

• Like 1

Lvl 2 Gray Elf Assassin

Wow Nora, you are off to an awesome start! Those brownies sound incredible!

I know you've been using C25K to meet your goals, and I wanted to let you know I've started an Acountabilibuddies Group for us to all talk about our Zombies, Run/C25K experiences and give high-fives to one another. If you're interested, you can find it here:

C25K/Zombies, Run! Champions!

Hope to see you there. And keep up your awesome work!

• Like 1

Level 7 DINOSAUR Scout
STR: 9 - CON: 12 - DEX: 6 - STA: 10 - WIS: 16 - CHA: 11
Current Challenge
Scouts Base Camp
Scouts Tavern

I was victorious today and felt I had to share. Despite supremely nasty weather (cold rain and wind) I did my run! However, I only went 4k instead of the 4.12k I did the previous day. Still, I didn't chicken out because of inclement weather, and for that I am very happy.

• Like 3

Lvl 2 Gray Elf Assassin

I was victorious today and felt I had to share. Despite supremely nasty weather (cold rain and wind) I did my run! However, I only went 4k instead of the 4.12k I did the previous day. Still, I didn't chicken out because of inclement weather, and for that I am very happy.

Awesome work!

This does mean that you can never use the excuse of the weather being bad to skip a run now though!

Awesome work!

This does mean that you can never use the excuse of the weather being bad to skip a run now though!

Yeah...I figured that out soon afterwards. I guess I'll have to stick to this "getting in shape" thing after all. //sigh//

Lvl 2 Gray Elf Assassin

Just came by to check in and give you a much deserved high-five. Has your cat been up to any shenanigans recently? I should post cat pictures as well - the internet loves cat pictures!

Here's my troublemaker, Ivan the Terrible, getting uppity when I tried to throw away his box. He's actually on my lap right now sleeping. I should be getting ready for a dinner party, but nooooo, it's snuggletime. Goodness forbid I try to move him.

post-28374-0-25582900-1399053063_thumb.j

• Like 1

Lvl 2 Gray Elf Assassin

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines