Naaria's Search for Balance v1.5

Naaria

Sounds good! Greek food can be either healthy or unhealthy, just like any type of food. The greek food here usually consists of salads and meat, so that's not too bad :).

I have started to make a list with recipes, but it is taking me more time than I thought. A start can be found here, with more coming up! If you have any requests, just let me know. I won't have a lot of time the rest of today and tomorrow, but I'll try to continue the recipes the day after tomorrow.

Also, if the rain is not too hard and it is not too cold, I actually like walking in the rain. You have all the space in the world and you get some alone-time to calm down. Good luck!

• Like 1

Day 4 [4/17]

Wowwie!! It felt like such a busy day today. Work was quite steady all day and, though it wasn't stressful by any means, I was in such a rush to come home because I decided I would make spaghetti and turkey meatballs for dinner! I made it with ancient grain pasta, mushroom, spinach, diced tomato, lots of pepper, lots of thyme.. awww yeah.. I have it sitting right in front of me and I'm going to inhale it as soon as I'm done this update! :D

I did my usual this morning, walked, oil pulled, etc. and I was in SUCH a good mood all day and I really, really hope that it lasts. I ALSO hope that whoever reads this gets a little bit of my happy energy because I have a lot to share.

<3

• Like 1

Level 1 Druid

STR 1 // DEX 1 // STA 2 || CON 3 \\ WIS 3 \\ CHA 1

First Challenge !!

Hi Naaria! I LOVE that you worked in some clothes shopping and walked away with awesome purchases that you're excited about! That's my favorite form of self-care! AND if you walked enough to hurt your feet you just know that you got in some good exercise. Double whammy!

I was happy to read about your happy mood! It definitely brought a lightness to my heart and a smile to my face :tickled_pink: Thank you for sharing it!

• Like 1

Level 2 Half-Elf Druid

STR 1 | DEX 1 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 4 | CHA 2

Current Challege

"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed."

"If the road is easy, you're likely going the wrong way."

(from Terry Goodkind, the Sword of Truth series)

Day 4-5 [4/18-19]

The past two days have been a little less than alright. Friday was a normal day. I didn't have as much energy as I did on the Thursday but I got through the day. Although near the end of the day I just started to feel really shitty and got in quite a bad mood. I ate over my calories and was all around grumpy when I got home. I slept as early as I felt like I could fall asleep, hoping the next day would be better.

3:30AM hits and I wake up to go and puke my guts out. My stomach was on fire and I was SO DAMN UNCOMFORTABLE the entire time. I am the biggest wuss when it comes to stomach/intestinal pain and I would honestly rather die than have a stomach ache.. add puking into the mix and I am not a happy camper. I called in to work because I was up pretty much all morning after that laying in bed trying to sleep. Luckily my boss is understanding and let me stay home, but when it comes to work, people's understandings have limits. I think I need to start taking even better care of myself. I don't know if it was the leftover chinese food or just stress piling up, but whatever it was.. my body didn't like it.

Today I may skip out on walking and will try to do some really gentle yoga when my headache goes away and I feel less gross in my body. I've only been up for about an hour and I already want to go back to bed, but I need to get something in my stomach.

On the up-side, I get to stay home and hang out with my boyfriend. We haven't had much time to actually do much together, so despite all of the crappy stuff in the past day, at least I have him to look forward to.

• Like 1

Level 1 Druid

First Challenge !!

Day 6 [4/20]

Happy 4/20 and Easter everyone. Best or worst combination? :)

I didn't end up doing anything yesterday, but I feel perfectly back to normal today thanks to that. Today I'm getting back into gear. Will update again at the end of the day. In other news, I'm going to meet a friend for a tattoo fitting (as in, resizing and editing the drawing as necessary) and if all goes well, I'll have the tattoo done by the 27th. It's been a couple of years since my last tattoo so I'm suuuper excited!! :)

I also ended up buying some essential oils last night, as well as Rune Factory 4. I think I'm done spending money now (after the tattoo, at least).

As for the first week, I think considering some of the things that happened I did really well. I didn't do ANY yoga or BBWW, but that's going to change this week. I'll make sure of it. Everyone is working so hard so I can't slack either!

Happy week two everyone!

• Like 2

Level 1 Druid

First Challenge !!

Ooooo I love tattoos! What are you getting?

I want to get a few after I'm in the Marines. Big angel wings on my back, ring tattoo, USMC on my arm, and I was thinking a Cthulu one on my leg.

• Like 1

Happy week 2 to you too :).

Whether Easter is such a bad combination with a challenge totally depends on how big the stone is you're living under. My boyfriend and I don't pay a lot of attention to Easter, and our food is only a bit more luxury because we have a long weekend and more time to spend on cooking. We don't have to go to family and eat a Easter brunch/dinner though. Shopping can be a bit harder, but I managed to get out of the supermarket without any Easter-food.

I also think you did well, you are definitely leveling up your life :).

• Like 1

Lost, it'll be of a couple of sunflowers on my left forearm. It's gonna cover up some scars I have from when I was a teenager :) I will definitely post pictures when I get it done! I'm SO EXCITED!

Waanie, thank you! I kinda wish my family did something a little more family-like for Easter. Oh well. Fortunately I'm not a big chocolate fan.. except for when I'm about to get my period. Which is now. So I had a really delicious brownie cupcake at work yesterday. Luckily that satisfied all of my chocolate cravings til next month.

Let's see, just a quick check-in/update, this week has been a bad start so far, but I don't feel too bad because I've been sick and trying to get back to ground zero before getting back into the routine. I WILL DO YOGA AFTER WORK TODAY!! My body feels tight and I don't like it :(

I'll be late for work if I dawdle any longer so a more detailed update will come later!!

• Like 1

Level 1 Druid

First Challenge !!

Day 8 [4/22]

I changed up my plans a bit, I decided to finally do the BBWW. That was fun, but it kicked my ass! I am SO tired of being weak. I want to be STRONG!! Lift mountains!! ... or.. well, you know, carry groceries home from a short-ish walk without having to stop a few times. :) I only did two rounds because I felt my right hammy tense up a bit. I'm so scared of hurting myself so I took it as easy as I could while still pushing myself a bit. I did yoga afterwards to cool down and stretch out my body a bit..

AND I FEEL AWESOME :D Yoga is awesome, strength training is awesome, cardio is awesome. I want to be fit. I'm so tired of being/feeling fat!! My entire family is overweight or worse, so I think I'm predisposed to that kind of lifestyle.. but I don't want it. I want to be as far away from it as possible!

I feel pumped. I really think I'm going to be able to get strong/fit/fast enough to run away from my familiar, fat lifestyle once and for all!

• Like 2

Level 1 Druid

First Challenge !!

A lot of my family are overweight or just unhealthy, I think it runs in majority of families these days. But in the end it's all choices. So feel pumped up! Cause you're changing for the better and making awesome choices!

• Like 1

Awesome :). It took me several weeks before I could complete the BBWW, but most people here take a bit longer. If you can already do two sets, you are on the right track and you're in no way super weak. Keep it up, once you have done the workout several times, the progress is addictive ;).

From the stories you told, I think it is possible that everyone in your family is overweight because of their lifestyle. I think it is very easy in America to become overweight, and there is not really a stigma on it. It is easy to give in to the unhealthy food and not care about your weight. Luckily, you are not like that and you are able to make better choices. Keep it up :)

• Like 2

Thank you for your support on my status update! I wanted to pop in and return the favour. I want to say great job on reading your body well and knowing to stretch out or do yoga when your body feels tight. It is very important, not to mention a talent, to read yourself like that. Keep up the great work in your challenge!

• Like 1

Level 1

0%
0%

Food Goal #1: 5 Servings of Fruits/Veg for 30 Days

13%
13%

Fitness Goal #1: 5000 Steps for 30 Days

3%
3%

Life Goal #1: Keep a Room in Peak Shape for 30 Days

3%
3%

From the stories you told, I think it is possible that everyone in your family is overweight because of their lifestyle. I think it is very easy in America to become overweight, and there is not really a stigma on it. It is easy to give in to the unhealthy food and not care about your weight. Luckily, you are not like that and you are able to make better choices. Keep it up :)

Yes to this, and how giving in to unhealthy junk is so easy because almost everything sold in restaurants and convenient places is unhealthy :\

Congrats on your new found addiction to fitness, Naaria! That, and all the good life choices. Maybe your family will follow suit?

• Like 1

Thank you everyone for the continued support!! I will be doing it today after work. It said I shouldn't do it every day, and with my legs being so sore I don't think I could have anyway. However, today should be a good day to try again! If not, I'll just yoga it up til my legs do feel less sore then it's back to BBWW! It's funny actually how my arms aren't sore AT ALL. I must have developed strength in my arms without really noticing with massage. I'll probably end up upping the arm reps in the BBWW to compensate! There is something incredibly pleasing about being sore after a good workout. :)

So yesterday wasn't a great day in terms of points. It was a very lazy day at work, and I went grocery shopping on an empty stomach and came home with cookies. The day itself was enjoyable, I kind of just veg'd out and played RF4 all day. SO addicted to that game right now. @___@

Yes to this, and how giving in to unhealthy junk is so easy because almost everything sold in restaurants and convenient places is unhealthy :\

Congrats on your new found addiction to fitness, Naaria! That, and all the good life choices. Maybe your family will follow suit?

Honestly, everyone in my immediate family is trying in some way, shape or form except my mom. But she's the busiest so I don't necessarily blame her.. but considering she has diabetes she could at least change up her diet. It's funny/sad because it's her side of the family who are the overweight ones. :/ Curse those genes!! At the very least, my little brother has started going to the gym and looks like he's dropping some weight! My sister started that Bernstein's Diet or whatever and last I saw her she's dropped some weight as well.

In terms of food though, no one's eating better or having smaller portions. It's take out/order in every night. I'm hoping that my family will start eating better, and will start getting into cooking good food. Other than my sister (who doesn't live at home with us) I'm the only one who's making diet changes. Hopefully they'll get to that place someday as well.

Day 10 [4/24]

Woke up late again this morning.. that's been a bad habit this week. I need to sleep earlier so I can wake early so I can walk in the mornings! Luckily the walk to/from the train = 40 mins so I meet my walking requirements most days anyway, but 30 more mins definitely would not hurt! I'm hoping for another lazy day at work so I can conserve my energy for a workout later today.

Getting my tattoo in THREE days. I'm SO PUMPED!! Then, from that Sunday will be two weeks until I go on my trip. I gotta be honest, I'm starting to freak out about it.. and not necessarily in a good way. Must remember to breeeeathe.

• Like 1

Level 1 Druid

First Challenge !!

Continue eating well, you can't outrun your fork ;). It is a pity your family still eats "outside" food, but you can only help them by setting a good example. I will post some recipes later today, I'm sorry I did not do that earlier. Maybe if they see that cooking is not that much work and that the taste is better, they will also cook themselves from time to time?

Good luck and have a nice weekend :).

Well, I honestly doubt it. My two older brothers can't cook past frying up an egg and some bacon.. so I doubt that they'll start cooking for themselves as long as they're living here with my mom. But anyway, you're right about not being able to outrun my fork. I am quite proficient with 'em. I need to be more disciplined about when/what I eat. I've put on some weight due to bad habits this week (as well as my period coming soon) but I'm sure after a few days of eating well the bloat will go away. That's actually the reason why I haven't taken any progress pics this week.. :x I'm so ashamed!!

Day 12 [4/26]

Tomorrow is tattoo day!! woot!! I'm gonna work out hard tonight because I doubt I'll be able to on the Monday following. I'll be sore in a couple different ways.. and it's gonna be awesome.

I have to say, I'm really glad I made this spreadsheet cuz I can look at a glance where I'm really falling short. I've been really bad about sugar/fried foods this week as well as eating after 8PM. Two big no-nos that are really quick to show on one's body. Since it's my Friday today I'm going to cook a great meal tonight. I'm thinking steak with mushrooms, asparagus, broccoli, cauliflower, a few roasted golden nugget potatoes.. :) Not sure how that'll fit in my teeny dishes but we'll make it work! :D

edit! Did all three rounds yesterday! I did reducee some numbers on the last round but I was still dead tired by the end of it.. but somehow I'm not sore today which is a little bit disappointing! Oh well :)

• Like 1

Level 1 Druid

First Challenge !!

Day 13 [4/27]

Tattoo get!! Will post pictures when I can unwrap it and clean it a bit :)

So after the session I decided to engage in super self-care today. As much as I love the tattoo, I know it's traumatizing for the body so I'm taking good care of myself today. I decided to make myself brinner.. usually I make my omelets with garlic fried rice but today I used quinoa instead. Not the best, but also not bad. :) Grabbed some turkey bacon on my way home and it's not quite as flavourful as pork bacon but it really isn't that big of a deal. I "save" 130 calories each morning this way which means more food later on! YAY!

I ALSO made some almond rice pudding and it's awesome. I reduced the sugar but upped the vanilla so it would still be delicious and satisfyingly sweet.

The only thing left to do to top this self-care-day off is to take a nap! Good night! :D

HERE! My tattooooo! :D http://imgur.com/a/GiQrM#0

• Like 1

Level 1 Druid

First Challenge !!

Day 14 [4/28]

I haven't been sleeping well because I'm so paranoid about my arm. I usually sleep with either arm tucked under the pillow but I have to be careful about where I put it for the next little while. I predict a lot of short naps for the next little while.

I'm a little bummed because I can't do my workouts for a few days, and I can't do anything that will cause me to sweat too much so treadmill walking is also a little sketchy still. The only thing I can do is make sure I really watch what I eat so I don't balloon up while I'm exercise-less.

Work is going to be interesting, to say the least.

• Like 1

Level 1 Druid

First Challenge !!

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines