• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Fonzico

Fonzico's Gamified Colouring Book Challenge

So, I was feeling bored and extra nerdy, and came up with a fun visual representation of my coming challenge. Basically how this is going to work is that this image will slowly be filled in over the course of the challenge, so by the end I will have a colourful picture of my progress!

CHALLENGENINE

So here's the deal:

Diet: Eat paleo. I feel and perform best when I stick to this, but I still haven't quite found the balance where I can have occasional non-paleo foods without going off the rails. I'm not going to worry too much about the little things - condiments, suga in mah bacon, a dab of butter here and there etc. But I AM going to limit certain not-paleo-but-not-entirely-horrible-for-you foods to 3 servings per week. 

Green Cards: Each card represents one serving of: dairy, beans, rice, or other non-gluten grains, wine or white potatoes. These reset every week, HOWEVER, if I leave all three cards all week, I earn a fourth for the next week - I wanted to have some incentive to not use them all. 

Pink/Mint Cards: These are my major cheat cards, and I get two for the whole challenge. They can be used on something containing gluten and/or crap-tastic dessert. (I can still have paleo desserts ie. fruit, bananas w/ almond butter, etc. I never make "faileo" baked goods anyway, so I'm not worried about that.) I felt like things were sliding in this category last challenge, so I need to get back in the habit of avoiding this stuff altogether.

+2CHA, +2CON

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Kilometerage: <---now that's an awkward word! I'm sticking with it though. Bow down to the almighty metric system!

I really want to reduce my reliance on my car. It would be good for me, good for the environment, and good for my wallet. We just bought a second bike, so now my hubs and I can bike together, plus we got a bike trailer, so we can get groceries and whatnot with them also! I'm not really sure what a realistic goal for this is, so it might get adjusted over time, but I'm thinking of aiming for 25 km per week for now. I also wanted a reward for this, without resorting for food rewards or spending a lot of money. Thankfully my lovely husband has agreed to help out - for every 10 stars I earn, we have a date night of my choosing!

STARS: 1 star for every 5km I travel instead of using my car (biking, walking, rollerblading - it doesn't matter as long as I'm using Fonzico power)

1 star for every 10km I travel recreationally. 

This isn't intended to be a disincentive to doing this stuff for fun, but to encourage me to really find ways to cut down on the car usage.

+4STA

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Work it. Work it real good. Yay my new kettlebell came! 20lbs of yellow awesomeness. :D All I have to do for this goal is get two strength workouts in per week. I actually still have a couple punch passes for kettlebell classes, so I'll use those up, plus doing stuff at home. 

The princess is TOTALLY in this castleThis is the numbered pathway, up the clouds and into the castle. I get to colour in one space per workout. Easy peasy.

+2STR, +2DEX

CREATE! So, we are going to start selling stuff at our local Farmer's Market this summer - it opens on May 17th, so it will fall within this challenge! Ahhh! I need to make some stuff to sell - I have lots of ideas, and many things started, but it'll be a pretty pitiful stall if I don't get my butt in gear. I don't have a hard and fast goal for this, but for the sake of it, I'm going to say that I need to make a least 5 saleable items per week.

Flowers: I can colour in one portion of each flower every time I finish something. 

+2WIS, +1CHA

So there you have it. It's a little more loosey-goosey than my usual fare, but I think it will be fun and I'm feeling very motivated! 

• Like 2

Fun challenge! Do you grow your own flowers to sell?

Heh, I can see how you might think that, but no, the flowers in the pic are a random choice. Mostly we'll have t-shirts - we have a vinyl cutter and a heat press, so we design and produce our own. I have some other ideas too though - jewellery holders for one. I also had an idea for decorating mirrors with vinyl decals, we'll see how that turns out. Oh, and I want to make shadow box ticket stub holders, like this.

51a43440659ec1428d590ce3cf149d9f.jpg

And Pattycake, good call about the trailer - that would make me cry, I will ensure it's locked up!

Heh, I can see how you might think that, but no, the flowers in the pic are a random choice. Mostly we'll have t-shirts - we have a vinyl cutter and a heat press, so we design and produce our own. I have some other ideas too though - jewellery holders for one. I also had an idea for decorating mirrors with vinyl decals, we'll see how that turns out. Oh, and I want to make shadow box ticket stub holders, like this.

51a43440659ec1428d590ce3cf149d9f.jpg

And Pattycake, good call about the trailer - that would make me cry, I will ensure it's locked up!

cool ideas

Wow!  Now this is a challenge I can totally get behind ;)  I love the gamification of it, cause that's TOTALLY where my mindset goes lol.  (Angry Birds Workout anyone?) Subscribed

Love this :)

I want a coloring book too! Can we get a pic of your kb?

Yes, picks of your KB!

Btw, KB Girl, I just clicked on your tutorial link ;)  I don't think I was doing anything terribly out of form when I was doing KB's but I'm gonna watch your vid at lunch and see what tips I can pick up on.  I'll need them if I am gonna get back in the swing of things (see what I did there?). :)

As always, fantastic goals! Looking forward to seeing what you create! :)

Thanks, J! I'll be sure to post pics of everything :)

Wow!  Now this is a challenge I can totally get behind ;)  I love the gamification of it, cause that's TOTALLY where my mindset goes lol.  (Angry Birds Workout anyone?) Subscribed

Thanks, good sir!

Love this :)

I want a coloring book too! Can we get a pic of your kb?

Haha I'm such a little kid at heart - I'm the one begging my nieces and nephews to colour with me, not the other way around :) And yes, I should have taken a pic! I will tonight. I love it already. Except, I only just barely miss the light in my basement when I do snatches, I might have to rearrange some furniture so I'm not underneath it.

I kind of wish yesterday counted for my goals, because it was an awesome day, activity-wise. We got in our first disc golf game of the season! It was pretty slushy, but much fun. My brother came too - soon he'll be gone :( But there's an awesome course where he's moving to, so we'll go visit and play.

Then we biked to and from the in-laws for dinner - 4.3km round trip. Yeah. My butt is sore! I know it'll go away after I get out a couple more times, but :( for now.

And THEN, I raked my front lawn when we got home, which was actually a heck of an arm and core workout. And now it looks much nicer - there was a surprising amount of green grass starting to grow, underneath all the leaves and dirt and dead grass. And my neighbours haven't done theirs yet, so mine looks extra nice in comparison :P

And not related to anything, other than how generally productive I was yesterday, but I did our taxes, and we are getting a ridiculous refund (yay for being poor while in school, and racking up a whack-load of tuition credits)! It's earmarked for summer vacation, and going towards a fancy vinyl printer for the business. Joy!

Anyways, as far as THIS actual challenge goes, I'm going to kettlebell class tonight. I haven't been in a couple weeks now, so I might die. But it'll be good still :)

• Like 2

Love your idea of the colouring book for your challenge!

And the cheat cards! That's a very good way to deal with cravings.

Haha I'm such a little kid at heart - I'm the one begging my nieces and nephews to colour with me, not the other way around :)

I usually draw posters to announce my pupils concerts, and they're supposed to colour them, but I always finish colouring with them because I can't resist the colours call...

Good luck on your challenge!

Oh I need to do my taxes too! Refunds are the best :)

Your day sounds really great, I am pretty impressed by your less-car goal. And yea, i'm sure your butt will be used to it in no time.. How was your kettlebell class?

Btw, KB Girl, I just clicked on your tutorial link ;)  I don't think I was doing anything terribly out of form when I was doing KB's but I'm gonna watch your vid at lunch and see what tips I can pick up on.  I'll need them if I am gonna get back in the swing of things (see what I did there?). :)

Haha I see what you did there ;) Did you pick up anything useful? 

Haha I see what you did there ;) Did you pick up anything useful? 

:D  Actually I did, several things.  First, I really appreciate how you explain the finer movements that I'd forget in the LOWER body when doing something like the clean and press.  Second, I appreciate little things like mentioning the pause at the top to set yourself and when coming back down on the jerk pulling the kb into the rack before going all the way back down to minimize impact and to keep form.

I'm still really a noob at this and we don't have any KB classes nearby (at least none that I've found yet), so it's really helpful.  Also something that a lot of youtube videos don't do is show the side view of the motion, that really helped me understand just how tight the form needed to be and things I need to keep in mind.

• Like 1

*whacks with rolled up newspaper* Hey! Quit hijacking my thread! :P

So I must admit, I had a bit of a "day" yesterday. So much stress, not good. It started out with my husband waking me up, saying his ride cancelled at the last minute, and could I drive him to work - now? Nothing like getting up, grabbing clothes and running out the door to start your day off on the right foot. Also, I really could have used a shower - I apologize to everyone who had to interact with me! Work was a freaking gong show, more so than usual. (although a little less than the other day when I was freaking out). I really need a new job.

What with one thing and another, I felt like utter crap by the time I went home - suffice to say that I did not go to kettlebell class :( Perhaps working out would have helped, but I really didn't feel like I could do it. I went home and had a nap instead. Quite frankly, I'm considering it a huge victory that I neither binged nor drank in an attempt to deal with things - that was quite the internal conversation, I tell ya. But fortunately sane Fonzico won out.

It's all good though. I ate some good food, cuddled with my hubby while we watched How I Met Your Mother, and got a good night's sleep. Then I got up a little early this morning and played around with my kettlebell to somewhat atone for missing class last night. I'm not going to count it as a workout, since it was pretty short, but it was still good, I was sweating decently by the end! I did 200 swings, and 5x5 clean and press, squats and bent over rows with my lovely little 9kg bell. I totally took pics, I'll post it after :)

Day One Recap:

Food:

Breakfast: Banana and coffee

Lunch: Rotisserie chicken with bell peppers, salsa and avocado

DInner: Honey mustard curry chicken with braised cabbage and carrots

Kilometerage - 1.3km instead of car (I walked to the grocery store to buy my lunch)

Workout - None

Create - None

• Like 1

Everything looks great...so glad to be back!

Thanks! And meeee to! This is going to be a good one :)

Love your idea of the colouring book for your challenge!

And the cheat cards! That's a very good way to deal with cravings.

I usually draw posters to announce my pupils concerts, and they're supposed to colour them, but I always finish colouring with them because I can't resist the colours call...

Good luck on your challenge!

Thank you! And yes, I find making things fun makes them much easier. That would be me too!

Oh I need to do my taxes too! Refunds are the best :)

Your day sounds really great, I am pretty impressed by your less-car goal. And yea, i'm sure your butt will be used to it in no time.. How was your kettlebell class?

They really are :) So tempting to go spend it all, but I must remember to be responsible!

I think so too :) I was literally chanting to myself: "binging will not make me feel better." It helps that it's true.

Oh! I almost forgot, here's my latest acquisition :)

Posted Image

I love her already.

• Like 1

Oooh ,she is so beautiful and badass, all in one package! Love the new KB.

And since when is 200 swings, 5 x 5 C &P, and rows not a workout? 

Oooh ,she is so beautiful and badass, all in one package! Love the new KB.

And since when is 200 swings, 5 x 5 C &P, and rows not a workout? 

Believe me, she is blushing with your praise! And to answer your question, I guess because if I had gone to class, it would have been a way more intense workout. I don't want to slack off just because I'm doing it at home, so I felt like that would be cheating to count it. Maybe I can do another halfy, and call it a whole?

Awesome yellow color :) and you should be really proud, way to deal with a shitty day!

Yellow makes me so happy. She's just a little ball of cast iron sunshine! And thanks.. I feel like it's representative of some good mental progress for me.

Believe me, she is blushing with your praise! And to answer your question, I guess because if I had gone to class, it would have been a way more intense workout. I don't want to do slack off just because I'm doing it at home, so I felt like that would be cheating to count it. Maybe I can do another halfy, and call it a whole?

Yellow makes me so happy. She's just a little ball of cast iron sunshine! And thanks.. I feel like it's representative of some good mental progress for me.

I had to resassure my kettlebell she is still loved, she was feeling a bit jealous, Especially being as she isn't getting much use right now.

On the workout, I think you could just call it a light workout. My point is that it is perfectly fine to have light days some times. Not all workouts have to be 100%. When I have that mindset is when I am more likely to skip a workout. Doing a light day like you did still builds habits and consistency and that was actually a really good workout. There are days where doing a full workout just doesn't work for whatever reason, and I call it a win on those days just to get something done

• Like 2