[MGS]A Race against time and money

MGS

I'm creating this thread in anticipation of Monday's start date.

My goal is this:

To look better and to be considerably stronger before my gym membership runs out- namely, June 1st. Since I may not be in a position to renew it, it is important to me to achieve as much as is possible by then!

Since this goal isn't terribly specific, here are my sub-goals:-

1. Increase my main compound lifts- Ideally I would like to get my bench up to 80Kg, Deadlifts to 160kg, and squats to 100KG.

2. Lose at least 1inch from my waist and add at least 1/4 inch to my arms (baby steps, I know)

3. Have no more than one cheat meal per week.

I will judge myself by-

1. How much my lifts increase by.

2. Body Measurements- arm size, waist size, etc.

3. Quality of diet.

As of Monday I will post weights and measurements, and update weekly.

Best of luck to everyone else on their journey!

• Like 2

Level 1 Human Warrior

(STR) - 3

(DEX) - 1

(STA) - 0

(CON) - 2

(WIS) - 2

(CHA) - 2

Good luck!  What are your bench, deadlift, and squats now?

Level 3 Wild Elf. Druid at heart, with an Adventurer's soul.

STR4 | DEX2 | STA4 | CON7 | WIS7 | CHA5

Challenges: 1st2nd, 3rd | Current: --

*After a long hiatus, I am back and ready to work on myself!

LOSE 70LBS

Spoiler

"If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter;

for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.

Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans."

Desiderata, Max Ehrmann

Nothing impressive I'm afraid, iv had a two year hiatus and iv only been back lifting for 6 weeks :)

Bench - 55Kg

Squat - 60Kg (expecting big gains here, swapped from smith machine to squat rack and had to start from scratch in terms of weight)

Deadlifts - 120Kg

Level 1 Human Warrior

(STR) - 3

(DEX) - 1

(STA) - 0

(CON) - 2

(WIS) - 2

(CHA) - 2

Day One-

Stats as of today:

Weight - 208 lbs

Waist - 39"

Arms - 14.75"

Bench - 55Kg

Squat - 60Kg

DL - 130Kg

Thought for the day:

Waist measurements are wierd. A quick google search revealed that you measure around your navel - strikes me as odd since you don't wear trousers up to your belly button (unless you're Simon Cowell). Measured in at 39", even though I tried on some 34" jeans the other day and they were baggy. Strange.

• Like 1

Level 1 Human Warrior

(STR) - 3

(DEX) - 1

(STA) - 0

(CON) - 2

(WIS) - 2

(CHA) - 2

Waist measurements are wierd. A quick google search revealed that you measure around your navel - strikes me as odd since you don't wear trousers up to your belly button (unless you're Simon Cowell). Measured in at 39", even though I tried on some 34" jeans the other day and they were baggy. Strange.

Fat cells for many people tend to be at belly level, not so much around the hip bones.  This is why we measure at the belly button.  Our waist measurement when standing will also be influenced by gravity, which pulls our organs and subcutaneous fat more into our abdominal cavity.  For an interesting comparison, take a measurement laying down, which places our internals in a more neutral position and gives a better indicator of how much visceral fat we're carrying.

• Like 2

You haven't seen my Final Form

I Stand With Gina Carano

End of week 1

Weight - 207lbs

Bf% - 20%

Waist - 38.25"

Arms - 15.5"

Bit of a rubbish week but still some progress - it's Easter so there was a few parties / days out to be had, and the gyms been closed for 4 days, hence the lack of lift measurements. Best of luck to everyone for the next few weeks :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Level 1 Human Warrior

(STR) - 3

(DEX) - 1

(STA) - 0

(CON) - 2

(WIS) - 2

(CHA) - 2

Sorry for the late update, last term of college and all that, works hectic as hell but iv managed to keep eating clean, just about!

On a negative note, iv developed RSI in my right elbow which is a really huge pain in the arse, both for lifting and for my career (I'm a musician)- so as far as lifts are concerned, I'm not expecting huge gains, I'm dropping that aspect of my challenge and focusing solely on the cut.

On a positive note-

Weight - 206

Waist- 37.75

BF- 19%

Progress!

Best of luck to everyone!

Level 1 Human Warrior

(STR) - 3

(DEX) - 1

(STA) - 0

(CON) - 2

(WIS) - 2

(CHA) - 2

Thanks :) I turn my hand to most things, I'm a session guitarist, or at the very least, an aspiring one :P

Stats for this week-

Weight - 204

Waist - 37"

BF - 18%

Gotta love steady progress!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Level 1 Human Warrior

(STR) - 3

(DEX) - 1

(STA) - 0

(CON) - 2

(WIS) - 2

(CHA) - 2

Posting a bit early since today is the only day I can get a standardised weigh-in-

Weight- 201lbs

Waist - 36.25"

BF% - 17

Looking at it, I think my start goals were a tad unrealistic. Iv gained little strength, which obviously is gonna happen on a cut, so my main lifts haven't really increased- seeing as that was one of my big goals this 6 week challenge will chalk up as a fail- however! That's only on paper as I'm thrilled with my progress

• Like 1

Level 1 Human Warrior

(STR) - 3

(DEX) - 1

(STA) - 0

(CON) - 2

(WIS) - 2

(CHA) - 2

Oh dear, bit of a rubbish week- iv been touring and tour diets consist mostly of motorway services food and snacks. Currently feeling half a stones worth of bloat! After a few days of readjusting Ill see what the real damage, hopefully in time for monday.

Any tips on how to get back on track? Negative momentum is a really shitty thing, one of my biggest weaknesses!

Level 1 Human Warrior

(STR) - 3

(DEX) - 1

(STA) - 0

(CON) - 2

(WIS) - 2

(CHA) - 2

Bit of a wierd one this week, bittersweet-

Weight- 199 lbs

Waist- 37.25

Bf%- 20% (?)

This is the first time iv weighed in at under 200 lbs in about 8 years!

But somehow my bodyfat% has increased and I feel bigger than ever- I'm sure it's just a combination of my temporary blip on my bodies behalf and poor self image, but still, it's wierd.

Hope everyone's last week is a fruitful one :)

Level 1 Human Warrior

(STR) - 3

(DEX) - 1

(STA) - 0

(CON) - 2

(WIS) - 2

(CHA) - 2

Hmm that is a strange one. I'd be interested to see what happens at your next measurements. I feel ya on the bad days. I'm not one that bounces back well. I'm a huge quitter. If it even looks like I may not to well, I give up. This is my third attempt at a challenge and according to my own standards, I'm not going to pass. That was super tough for me, but with the help of my ever persistent husband, this will be the first one I finish. Best of luck to you.

• Like 1

Lady Feowyn Miread of Eldavar

You have no idea what you're capable of, you didn't create you.

Megathirio Discord- https://discord.gg/kr2YCJM   

Well, I'm happy with the progress but this is chalked up as a fail. Following the learning curve, I need to set better targets next time- my lifts were NEVER gonna go up like that on a cut.

Still, 17 pounds and several chunks of bodyfat is nothing to be sniffed at.

Let's see how the next one goes :) thanks to everyone who took an interest this time round!

Level 1 Human Warrior

(STR) - 3

(DEX) - 1

(STA) - 0

(CON) - 2

(WIS) - 2

(CHA) - 2

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines